[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody wanna create a new religion?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16

File: true.jpg (110KB, 640x373px) Image search: [Google]
true.jpg
110KB, 640x373px
I'm serious if you are.
>>
Wanking and mandatory cougar sex for pre-teen boys must be a key component.
>>
>>39461634
that's not being serious.
but damn imagine that, I woulda had a helluva time, it needs to lead to heaven though, not hell.
>>
>>39461613

id be in, tbqhwy. need something to believe and alot of the popular religions nowadays are shit.
>>
>>39461613
what kind of religion are you hinting at, do you mean it to be similar to myths, or would it be more like a philosophy or ideal
>>
>>39461778
I'm honestly not sure what to say now, I didn't think somebody would take it serious (but I am), uhh, it's hard to say where to start with this, how do you think you can contribute?

>>39461828
Both, myths will be created in different places, further than before, still inspired from old archetypes though, or discovered new ones.

The philosophy/ideals would be expressed in these myths, but also reasonably explained, not dogmatic about that though, just creating a place where options are given.
Sounds kinda crazy to write that down, many people would shun me so quickly for thinking of doing this I think.
>>
>>39461613
show some respect for forces greater than yourself. the world doesnt need any more half baked ideology from basement dwellers.
>>
Sure, but ive already written one
>>
>>39462107
There are things to discover here, forces greater than us, driving us, why not make them more known and write about them? If we're talking about the same thing.

Also, you like current ideology? It's all just halfbaked religion anyway.

>>39462146
Tell me more..
>>
Let's worship the stars.

The Sun will be our god, and the other stars in the sky will be the angels or other entities, serving our Sun. Our Sun will serve the greatest star in the universe, wherever that may be.

We preach that light only comes in the darkest times, shaping us for the better, and that we must look for it ourselves. One of the main points we make is that even though the stars we worship have long since fizzled out, excepting our Sun, of course, they can still leave an impact.

It's an answer to the existential dread of death, leaving no lasting imprint, and an inability to find self-strength.

Worship the stars, anons. Boasting subservience to enormous balls of energy and chemicals that literally give and take away life seems pretty damn cool to me.
>>
>>39462230
Lets add that we become stars when we die, and that the brightest stars are the oldest of the dead.
>>
>>39461613
I'm game as long as we don't do some flying spaghetti monster meme shit and it doesn't force us into some gay generic afterlife.
>>
File: thefaithfulliveon.jpg (163KB, 960x500px)
thefaithfulliveon.jpg
163KB, 960x500px
>>39462264
I like that thought. And it's even a little reasonable; energy is just recycled. Whose to say we won't be added to the collection of the space friends? I like the idea of persisting for millennia, even long after my star-self fizzles out, giving light and hope to other disciples.
>>
>>39462286
>>39462264
Maybe when we become stars in death, we get our own planets of little living beings, however advanced or primitive, to give light and love to.

That sounds nice desu.
>>
File: T.jpg (364KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
T.jpg
364KB, 2560x1440px
>>39462230
Beautiful, yes, we're born out of the light, we should worship our stars, and in times of darkness live through to find light yet again.

>>39462276
Oh yeah that's just some atheist edginess against the past God, no need for that, and yeah, the afterlife is too mysterious, I like the concept of heaven and hell though, because life can be like you're in heaven or hell.
>>
>>39462335
Maybe hell is becoming a black hole and sucking things into a void? Forever doomed to watch what you loved blorp away into nothingness.

Then again, even black holes have their place in the world. I'm not seeing a downside to star worship.
>>
File: 1499167153406.gif (768KB, 280x182px)
1499167153406.gif
768KB, 280x182px
>>39462335
>I agree that the afterlife would be lame
>although I do like the idea of an afterlife
Nice.
>>
File: IMG_0096.jpg (20KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0096.jpg
20KB, 180x210px
hi here's my concept for a new religion

LEAVE ME ALONE FOREVER YOURE ALL MEANIES
>>
>>39462427
I think for me (not the guy you replied to) is that all afterlives are so black and white. What about the average guy that lvies his average life, doing his best? Why does he have to go to hell or heaven? Can't he just continue to exist with what he's comfortable with?
>>
>>39462450
the true thinker of our time
>>
>>39462356
I actually had that thought a while ago, there's lots to be said about the void, and how it can be related to concepts like heaven or hell and others...

>>39462427
no what I'm saying is I don't know what happens when you die, probably just lights out like before you're alive, Idk. And I like the concept of heaven and hell, not the place you get to after you die, rather heaven as in the best that could be and hell the worst that could be while you're alive, you know.
>>
File: 1494126443037.jpg (20KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494126443037.jpg
20KB, 640x300px
>>39462463
>why cant you just exist even whe you're dead?
This thread keeps getting more and more choherent.
>>
>>39462507
No, I don't know.
No one here is on the same page, tis thread is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>39462515
Well, when you die, your consciousness either ceases existence or goes somewhere.

In that sense, if we choose to believe it goes somewhere, we should be able to believe that it goes somewhere good, or at least not unbearable, or otherwise, what else is there to live for?

Embrace the stars, anon. We're just trying to be happy and fulfilled, too.
>>
systemspace already exists uwu
>>
This thread looks like a hippie circlejerk.
>>
>>39462570
Well, you're a stupid meaniehead. Just let us have our depressing religion-crafting if you don't want to join the jirclecerk.
>>
>>39462533
Yeah it is lol, and umm let's say it like this, when somebody says while they're in a place they enjoy and exclaim "I feel like I'm in heaven" do you think they're saying that they think they're dead and in real heaven? No, it's just that they really like where they are right now.

Like if you're a starved homeless person, it probably feels like hell, doesn't feel good, or another example when people say they went through hell and back, they're not talking that they literally risen from the dead.
>>
>>39461613
Seems like fun. If you guys want to have discussions on Discord I can set up some rules and we'll see how long it'll take before it dies down.

Add me on Discord Gray#0952
>>
>>39462591
>enjoy a thing
So none of what you meant had any real meaning.
What did that add to the hippie cult circlejerk?
This is what I get for talking to hippies.
>>
>>39462635
>>39462570
>unironically using the word hippie
Boomer detected, stop taking your medication so you'll die quicker.
>>
>>39462661
Isn't it past your bedtime, little boy?
>>
>>39462635
Cmon man, like is it hard to understand for you that with heaven I mean rather something like heaven on earth, a place you'd like to be and hell on earth a deadly warzone? Idk what to say to you lol
>>
>>39462712
Perhaps he's a black hole attempting to subvert our religion?
>>
>>39462742
I understand it clearly, that doesn't mean it makes any more sense or is any more relevant to the topic. I think it's best if you just drop it, you're making a fool out of yourself.

>>39462769
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>39462769
We will shine brighter. Cling to your chemical hope of science and space.
>>
>>39462769
I meant the boomer is a black hole. Makes sense, since black holes suck everything away and boomers sucked all the houses and jobs away too.
>>
This thread is retarded. You make fedoras look smart.
>>
>>39462915
What this dude right here said.
Just sweep this one under the rug.
>>
>>39462945
no fuck you i just want something to believe in
>>
>>39463019
You should organize your shit better so it doesn't fall apart into an incoherent mess before it even comes out of the womb.
>>
>>39463045
its fucking r9k on 4chan, what did you honestly expect?
>>
File: thestarworshippersknow.png (392KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
thestarworshippersknow.png
392KB, 500x339px
>>39463045
>t. black hole
>>
>>39463056
If you knew this would happen you wouldn't be crying about it.
>>
>>39463066
Why'd it suddenly turn into you thinking we were crying? Fuck, dude, you need some love and warmth in your life. Like from a star.
>>
>>39463078
>5 posts ago people in the thread were sperging because of how much of an unorganized mess it was
>some random dude shows up and confirms that the thread is a disaster
>another sperg literally baws about just wanting to believe in stars
Just saying it like it is, thread has fallen apart.
Damage control all you want, I'm not trying to hurt you or anything.
>>
File: 1367100358.png (327KB, 633x692px) Image search: [Google]
1367100358.png
327KB, 633x692px
>>39462569
well, it's not like it's doing very well right now
>>
>>39463128
Nah, I think the thread's doing exactly what it should be, personally. At least there's a place for them to "baw about it". Where else are they going to?
>>
File: IMG_0950.jpg (263KB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0950.jpg
263KB, 740x493px
Look outside anons, the stars shine bright tonight. All the people who used to be on this earth, now in the cosmos. Move out to the country if you can't see them easily enough, live a simpler life in a small community. Also find a homely gal and breed some more followers.
>>
>>39463172
I haven't seen a star in 6 years.
>>
>>39463172
They are beautiful, children of the Sun that continues to warm us while it still lives.

>>39463203
But they've seen you~
>>
I made a sex cult once dedicated to me. Was pretty fun
>>
>>39463172
Our cathedral is the sky.
This night we should stop to respect those who came before us, now shining brightly in the great cosmos.
Tomorrow we celebrate the living, and our father, the sun.
>>39463203
Seek the stars brother, only then will you find your peace.
>>
>>39463229
>buncha old fags staring at you from space
How quaint.
>>
File: thecathedralofstars.jpg (42KB, 538x280px) Image search: [Google]
thecathedralofstars.jpg
42KB, 538x280px
>>39463240
We respect the stars, not for anything they've done for us, per say, but for what they represent; that even the lowest of us can someday rest above all the others, finally equal in blissful light-giving and warmth, long after our second death.

>>39463250
It really is, isn't it?
>>
File: wojakthestarworshipper.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
wojakthestarworshipper.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>>39463288
>tfw they are still with you up in the great night sky
>>
>thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjU2YUpXu0E
>>
>>39463383
>tfw there will always be robots and anons, shitposting in the endless deeps of space
>tfw as long as there is a night, there will be anons at your side

>>39463410
This is entirely acceptable.
>>
File: starwojak.jpg (365KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
starwojak.jpg
365KB, 800x600px
We could make a religion out of this.
>>
>>39463471
Here's some comfy space artwork.
>https://www.instagram.com/marianopeccinetti/

>tfw you liberate all anons from the horrors of this world with star worship
>>
File: spacepepe.jpg (61KB, 781x552px) Image search: [Google]
spacepepe.jpg
61KB, 781x552px
>>39463518
>tfw this started as a semi-joke and now you actually feel some hope inside

It's so simple, it could really work. Just hope, light, and a good ending. Even the black holes don't have to be bad.

Also, good art.
>>
>religions are made up by man
Yet they still want you yo believe that god exists. The amount of mental gymnastics on the god meme is amazing.
>>
>>39463609
It's whatever helps you get by. At least star worship doesn't really have a god meme, it's just respecting and loving on what we represent stars as.
>>
>>39463538
This is how it all begins.
>Even the black holes don't have to be bad
Perhaps they are stars who choose to hide their light from us.
Or they are bad and we make memes making fun of them.
Maybe both.

>>39463609
>implying you don't reach universal truth through introspection and memes while listing to comfy star music
>>
File: blackholesoul.jpg (142KB, 630x468px) Image search: [Google]
blackholesoul.jpg
142KB, 630x468px
>>39463648
Maybe the blackholes exist just to show us the light even brighter. They're martyrs, either enjoying the darkness and still doing their part, or regretful souls that get to repent in their actions.
>>
>>39463687
The misunderstood among us, who never quite came to terms with their existence.

Does Rei talk to all of us when we become a star and interrogate us throughout all our issues until we are at peace?
>>
>>39463831
Rei? That's an anime character, I'm guessing, but I've never seen that anime.

I could see that, though. Maybe Rei, or the Sun, helps us work through our problems, and our resolve decides what kind of star we become, and what color we give off.
>>
>>39462465
think about THIS

archive my whole entire ass, you doodlebug driving tinklewinkie custard scotch cream enema enthusiast

MEILLEURE O U T
>>
Only if you make it so all the girls have to have sex with all the guys, especially the hideous ones like me.
>>
Should we start a Star-Cult discord?
>>
>>39463866
This is all I want desu, a cute star girl to tell me what I don't want to hear until I find my true self and shine among the other anons forever.
>>39463943
Perhaps we should start a general first.
We need an OP pasta
>>
>>39463977
OP pasta...a true doctrine. But where would we place this shit? R9K clearly doesn't want it here.
>>
LISTEN UP, MAGGOTS!

This is a great idea, and I'm serious about it. Me andmy roommate wanted to make or join a cult for like two years now, but lack the social skills for even that.
Make that Start-Cult discord, and post it here. We join, and those not serious about it, get kicked.

We will need to be on the same page, though. On the discord, I'll try to post some general guidelines that you people have talked about, and we try to hit it off from there.

Make this happen, make my stay here worthwile, faggots.
>>
>>39464080
I posted the original 'doctrine', I can set up the discord properly before posting it, so that others know what we stand for.

Star Prophets are welcome to preach the doctrine, too. After all, we're all welcome in space. Just need to align some ideas.

Fuggit, I'm making it.
>>
>>39464080
here's a tip: keep it away from discord. just put it on here, or the cult will go the way of systemspace, which was fucked over by its discord community.
>>
>>39464113

Do it. I'm at work atm, joining in a few hours. This will have my full devotion.
>>
>>39464127
So what platform would be suitable? It can't be here. Anonimity is good, but it's too open, easy to troll and not much we could do about it.
>>
>>39464160
i'd say make an imageboard somewhere else, on 8ch or your own domain
>>
>>39464191
Aight, I'm too busynow, so if OP will set up the discord we could join later, to stay in touch, and then set the real thing up somewhere else, that'd be awesome.
>>
>>39464113
waiting chief
>>
>>39464127
>>39464160
These anons are right, however, we don't have much to go on. Discord isn't really safe. We can keep making generals, though, and if it picks up, maybe an anon can make a website.
>>
>>39464232
ALMOST THERE, WE'RE BURNING STARLIGHT
>>
>>39464234
Yes, this is the way to go, I think. Just set up the discord for meeting space, until we have something going. I can'tmake a website, but I can help pay for a domain, not sure how that goes.
>>
>>39461613
If you're not jewish then you can't make a new religion out of thin air. Only the strongest jews can trick enough people into believing things with no proof.
>>
>>39464260
we're robots, we dont want others. just ourselves
>>
>>39464260
It won't be out of thin air. I want to belong to such a community, but get crippled in my attempts bymy social inadequacy. With you guys, this could actually work. I have two more people irl who think the same and want to commit. We can do it.
>>
>>39464271
But are you gonna just believe some random thing that some robot comes up with? No because robots can't do jewish trickery.
>>
>>39464293
If it speaks to me, why not.
>>
Here we go, lads. I set it up as best I can, but I'm bad at discords. It's only temporary, anyways.

I tried not to be too restrictive, but we don't need or want trolls. I'm actually serious about this.

qQbcjkf
>>
>>39464260
i hear that being 1/4th jewish is good enough to form a cult, though
>>
>>39464308
nah you need to be 100% jew.
>>
>>39464307
So am I. Joining later, cuz not on my computer now. We'll make it work.
>>
>>39461613
how does the moon fit in being an celestial body that creates no light of its own?
>>
>>39464337
The moon's just a rock. Its only light comes from the reflection of the biggest star we have near us, the Sun. It's just a rock.

But it could be a good metaphor for how much light and good one star can give.
>>
>>39464344
i like it, so it's an example of how great the sun can make even the lowest of us?
>>
>>39464374
Yeah, and since the Sun is technically an anon anyways, it also shows that maybe we can make each other better. And we can make the world better, just by existing our best.
>>
We're doing good in here, guys. Spread the word. Don't be afraid of this. It's kind of a big deal, but really, who says we can't? Embrace the space.
>>
File: 1490570077808.jpg (56KB, 462x426px)
1490570077808.jpg
56KB, 462x426px
We are all made out of scales, ashes and bones from the Scaled Deity; given life through her Son-Lovers blood. We are a blight upon the universe that should not exist, and we must dedicate our stolen lives to give the Scaled Deity form once more so that she may search the cosmos for vengeance.
>>
>>39464074
but /r9k/ needs it here
>>
>>39464900
Then we'll share it here, too.

We'll make a general every few days, or as often as we can.
>>
>>39464935
good. too much of a dweeboid to join the discord, but i'd still seek the stars with my brothers
>>
>>39465011
You're welcome in space, brother.
>>
>>39461613
I'd probably end up starting a cult to make money.
>>
>>39461613

I'd like to start a cult, like a sort of science based pseudo-religion cult

A sort of extreme ideology cult based on eugenics, science and transhumanism

Something along the lines of new prophets of the modern connected world human potential movement 9000

You can't have a cult without an obscenely unnecessary long name.
>>
Does anyone know what happened to systemspace? I never joined the discord because I am a firm believer that discord is cancer and now the main site is gone. Is it kill for real?
>>
I unironically belive in the existence of something named Kaos.
Kaos is a thing that we as regular human guys can comprehend, as for our intelligence is an obvius contradiction. Kaos is everything ever conceived and its oposite at the same time.
We live in a period of Kaos life (Kaos being in this case our universe and everything beyond) that could end at any time, as Kaos is both creation amd destruction. Although that doesnt inheretly mean that "nothing matters", as we as a race take pride in our everyday shit anyway.
Kaos is not an excuse to explain how it rains if yo have no fucking idea. Rain happens because a cientific process. Yet this occurs merely because Kaos has decided that our physic laws are a thing. While, at the same time, its, again, pointless to acuse Kaos, as it is something that escapes from our understanding and we cant have any fucking idea of how it works.
Our regular ass human minds can only try to comprehend Kaos on a phylosophical way.

You probably dont give two shits about all this so I think i will stop writing.
>>
>>39461613
we could do something simple, like the idea of chaos? The world we live in is inherently chaotic, but we've evolved to tame that chaos. It could explain the direction this world is headed right now and how we're returning to our chaotic roots.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.