[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad of an idea is this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1541.jpg (144KB, 750x791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1541.jpg
144KB, 750x791px
so according to this,
>Browse the internet over Tor
>Websites do not see your real IP address
>Insecure wireless networks cannot track your browsing

all the reviews are positive, too. will i actually be able to view the darkest of the deepest of the web, or is this app a complete le meme?
>>
>>39461216
Useless because if the government wants they can check your phone anytime or locate you via connecting cell towers. Literally no fucking point. You want to be hidden it'll take way more work and even then the chances/effectiveness is very uncertain.
>>
>>39461257
so if i want to browse Tor, is this the best option? or should i just get the damned browser on my computer?
>>
Just download orbot + orfox.

Dont trust reviews especially ones with the title of the review mimicing the review.
>>
>>39461257
>cell towers
>goobermint

Ohhhh boi
>>
>>39461279
browser based obviously
>>
>>39461216
Useless

Because of the shit other anons mentioned, you are never safe when using a mobile phone, especially since almost every other thing is tracking your contacts, location, etc.

Tor only works on PC, and it's not 100 percent secure. For example, there is a known bug in Firefox (what tor is based off) that can allow the NSA, etc, to see your real IP address. Even then, simply going to the Tor website and downloading it can land you on the government's watch list ( https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nsa-labels-linux-tails-users-extremists/ )

My suggestion to you is stop using a mobile phone, get a PC with firefox, and download all those anti tracking addons like Ghostery. And if you are a fucking degenerate using proxies for fucked up shit, just remember that an IP address is meaningless because you can't prove who was at the keyboard.
>>
>>39461280
>>39461332
alright, thank you anons. originally
>>
File: real-tor.jpg (160KB, 717x757px)
real-tor.jpg
160KB, 717x757px
>>39461216
The program you are showing is not made by the Tor project. The Tor Project does make a official mobile version of the Tor Browser call Orfox. But is only for Androids. I doubt apple will allow them to release a official version for iOS. Hopefully Mike hasn't put some code into his program that will allow him to look at what your up to.
>>
>>39461216
Dont be an idiot and fall for that just use tails +tor
>>
>>39461428
Dont do it on phones they are insecure af just use a computer dont try to go on the deep web portably
>>
>>39461332
>The program flags any IP address involved in any web search for the term Tails or its meaning.
Congratulations you have just gathered information on a 100,000 sonic fans.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.