[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become smart?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: 270.jpg (10KB, 270x185px) Image search: [Google]
270.jpg
10KB, 270x185px
How do I become smart?
>>
File: 1503772269776.jpg (290KB, 2048x833px) Image search: [Google]
1503772269776.jpg
290KB, 2048x833px
There is no way to truly "become smart". You can acquire knowledge through learning, but that isn't the same as natural intelligence.
>>
You can't. But it doesn't matter. It's more important to be useful than smart.
>>
>>39457985
>>39458015
Why do you think some people are born with more intelligence than others? What makes the difference?
>>
File: 1481064629330.jpg (12KB, 220x206px) Image search: [Google]
1481064629330.jpg
12KB, 220x206px
>>39457985
This is one of the best virgin vs. chad picsI've seen yet
>>
>>39458100
Excluding people who are genuinely retarded (as in, they have some disability) and the occasional super rare Einstein, most people are pretty much equal in intelligence. People simply excel in certain things more than others, and due to luck, circumstance, fibbing, and hard work often give the illusion of being more intelligent than normal.
>>
>>39458100
IQ is hardwired, it's considered the gold-standard of intelligence testing because no amount or variety of study has any impact on the outcome. One's ability to deduce patterns and solve problems is unmovable by all known techniques.
>>
>>39458395
Keku
>literally being this retarded.
>>
What do you want to be smart in? Being smart is mostly just putting effort into learning stuff instead of pretending to put time in and being absent minded.
>>
File: L014.png (186KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
L014.png
186KB, 630x354px
Ok so I'm fairly retarded but I've managed to reach a point where I think anyone can replicate to be as "smart" as I am
I'm able to make things, code, draw, build 3D settings, find humour in anything

So let's take the mindset of a basic person in modern society
They hardly ever make anything or even try, bad sense of humour because everything goes through a tribalism or personal framework first, trusts what their group constantly proposes as the truth, leads through emotion and lets it make decisions

Normal people who are "dumb" have a very "follower" mindset.
To become smarter you have to grow a distrust of what others say is true.
You have to not let your emotions have immediate access to your actions or beliefs.
You have to remain impartial to any beliefs you hold- be able to throw away an old sentiment at the drop of a dime as soon as it seems unlikely to be true.

The basic action of "becoming smart" is a change in focus and an awareness on what you rely on.
AGENCY is first and foremost the focus. Make decisions you decide are the correct ones.

Do not be scared of others making fun of you. The more power you give to others in any way, the weaker your agency and potential for intelligence is squandered. Would anyone have invented anything great if they were too scared of what others would think of their findings?

So embrace weird. Not for the sake of being smart, but for the sake of being not boring.

Most importantly; think of yourself as wrong. In a game, imagine yourself losing, and not being bothered by it. In a courtroom plea, you are guilty. Your theory for why something works is flawed.

And giving up that sentimentality to readjust to what is actually correct becomes easy.
You are always not 100% correct, always fallible, most often a fool. You are young, you don't know everything, even if you've lived longer and thought more than your peers. You don't have the time or energy to pay attention to everything.
>>
File: l.png (228KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
l.png
228KB, 650x365px
The only way to "become smart' is to get educated. They might not be the exact same thing but you are either smart or your not and if you are not then you must rely on knowledge. Also does anyone else find L pictures extremely comfy for some reason pic related.
>>
>>39458922
My autism might be big enough to start living according to these post

>>39459188
Yeah I get the feeling too
>>
File: L008.png (308KB, 536x396px) Image search: [Google]
L008.png
308KB, 536x396px
>>39459188
>knowledge
Bullshit

I can memorize the exact dates "things happened" in history, or the exact atomic weight of each element, or digits of pi

That shit is useless unless you're able to parse behaviour from it and apply it to the future

Otherwise you're a walking dictionary which regurgitates information someone looking for that information could have found with a google search.

Knowledge, especially in this day and age, is worthless.

Hell, with Korea, Japan, and China in existence, skill and craftsmanship is near impossible to compete in

But observing patterns, making guesses, and getting better over time is intelligence in action.

Getting good at answering the question "Why" is more handy than knowing a million different "What"s
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.