[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MEDITATION/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: enso.png (83KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
enso.png
83KB, 512x384px
Why haven't robots started meditating yet?

>easy as fuck, all you have to do is breath in and breath out
>heals depression
>heal anxiety
>heals ADD
>heals mental illness
>protects against brain disorders
>improves immunity system
>makes you younger
>gives you a longer lifespan
>raises your iq
>raises your creativity
>allows both hemispheres to work in unison
>can give you enlightenment

You have literally no excuse, /r9k/.
>>
>>39449579
how do I start?
literally sit down and close my eyes?
>>
>>39450346
You don't have to but it will make it easier in the beginning. The point is to focus on a single thing, which is ideally your breath because breathing deeply is relaxing and doesn't require any effort.

Another important pointer is that focusing on your breath doesn't mean actively pushing thoughts away as every thought you have will frustrate you further, but rather letting whatever thoughts you have come then go as you return your focus to your breath.

That process is the essence of meditation and how it disconnects you from negative thoughts and stops them from forming in the first place as you become aware of your thought patterns that do nothing but ail you.

You can start from 10-20 minutes and work your way up if you want from there. Advanced meditators don't really need to set apart time for meditation though as they can enter a meditative state from all actions they take.
>>
>>39449579
>easy
No it isn't, nigger. Sitting there daydreaming may be easy, but meditation is very fucking difficult. Simple and easy are not the same thing.

I agree it's beneficial and nearly everyone should do it, but be honest about the difficulty
>>
>>39450346
Yes, for beginning 10 to 20 min.
>>
>>39450346
meditation is all about awareness, you have to stay aware of your breath. you will be distracted by thoughts and physical sensations, but just return to your breath as soon as you notice you were distracted
>>
>>39450346
sitting meditation is the worst form of meditation, especially for beginners. As a modern people, we already spend way too much time sitting on our asses.

You can go for a jog or just walk around or Kung Fu or Yoga or even lift and that is still a form of meditation.
>>
>>39450476
That's right anon. If something is hard, you shouldn't do it. You wouldn't want to experience difficulty in order to improve your life drastically no.
>>
>>39450435
>That process is the essence of meditation and how it disconnects you from negative thoughts and stops them from forming in the first place as you become aware of your thought patterns that do nothing but ail you

That makes a lot of sense actually anon, I've gotta try that sometime.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.