[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what I figured out fellow robots? The difference between

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1502659555111.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502659555111.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
You know what I figured out fellow robots? The difference between us and the normies is how we cope with failure. When a normie does something stupid / gets rejected he brushes it off as no big deal. Meanwhile a robot lets that shame of failure get to him and further destroy his pride. So when you want to have a gf you just have to accept that you're going to do stupid shit in the process and not wallow in your stupidity. Simply learn from the stupid shit you did, and move on. If you embarrassed yourself in front of a girl, I can assure you that she will stop caring after a day or two. If there's a girl you like, just approach her. Don't be afraid that "you might embarrass yourself" because normies embarrass themselves all the time. But the difference between them and you is that they can move on.
>>
>>39448191
What you're describing is a skill that needs to be developed a little. See, this is why normies often put themselves in unfamiliar situations earlier in life, and they probably received advice similar to this.

I'm guessing most robots were never taught this, so any mistakes they made early in life affected them gravely, to the point where it could still haunt them.

My point being is, I don't think many of us were taught HOW to move on. And as adults, our mistakes mean a lot more than they did as kids.
>>
>>>39448935
>My point being is, I don't think many of us were taught HOW to move on. And as adults, our mistakes mean a lot more than they did as kids.
True that. My Dad was never around and my mom was battling alcohilsm and mental disorders when i was younger so i didnt get taught shit like that.
>>
>>39448191
>posting the party rock pepe

get the fuck out
>>
>>39448935
So basically what you're saying is that it's your parent's fault and you don't have the balls to just put yourself out there? Got it.
>>
>>39448191
>>39448935
How do I move on? I understand your point and now it's true but I've never figured it out. I can rationalize to myself that nearly everyone doesn't care if I do something stupid because they'll just talk about it for a week maximum. But I still can't get it out of my head. I get so anxious about doing anything.
>>
>>39448980
Sorry to hear that, and I empathize.
I hope you at least didn't make the same mistake your mother did, and that she's doing better.

A point I'd like to give to anons on this site now, especially young adults: as long as you have kept going after you made a mistake, you've grown, just a little bit. People say that you learn from your mistakes, and you do. We just don't see the effect until we're in a similar situation again. Acknowledge when you've done wrong, but don't hate yourself for it. Make a note, and turn it into a positive learning situation. Then, you move on from it. Remember, it was only one moment in your life and you have many more opportunities to make up for it.

>>39449052
Obviously, I'm pretty big on the idea that upbringing determines what kind of person you become, and with good reason. Maybe the parents didn't realize how important nurturing their child during their formative years was- but it means basically everything. Children without the proper support won't develop proper social skills. If they don't receive approval from anyone, most of all their parents, why would they try "putting themselves out there" at all?
Now obviously, I'm not trying to say that all of the action has to come from one's parents. The person actually has to take action themselves and develop some things on their own. With the support from parents though, they learn even better. Does that make sense?
>>
>>39449327
>but it means basically everything
It's not. This is just what you tell yourself to excuse your failures and to justify why you don't do anything to improve yourself or your situation.

>With the support from parents though, they learn even better
This is the only right thing you said. They learn better. Not that it's the only way to learn. You got dealt a shitty hand but you need to stop dwelling on it if you ever want things to get better.
>>
>>39449442
I never said it was an excuse. I did say that it affected how they learnt negatively, which I still believe. And I do think that those with troubled childhoods can still learn these things later in their lives, there are plenty of ways to. It's just going to be more difficult, which shouldn't be an excuse not to go for it. I realize now I probably should have spent a little more time elaborating on my point.

This is why it's important to learn mindfulness.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>39448191
In other words....

Dab on it!
>>
>>39448191
This is partly genetic. Most people (normies and cyborgs) move on easily while others (robots and Chads) either learn to move on or will dwell on their failures forever, depending on how supportive their childhood environment was.
>>
>>39450504
Why would a Chad have difficulty with moving on?
>>
>>39448191
I agree with this but I think it's also that a lot of the people here had extremely traumatic childhood experiences that fucked up their psyche. Combine those two things and you have an extremely sad human being.
>>
I agree. And I think learning to cope with failure is developed because they take or are presented with more opportunities to fail/succeed than a robot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.