[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How were you disciplined /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: sena-spanking.gif (984KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
sena-spanking.gif
984KB, 300x168px
How were you disciplined /r9k/?
>>
>>39437634
And how would you discipline your children if you have any?
>>
My parents used to hit me until they realized it didn't work, and they would ground me and confiscate my electronics until they realized that didn't work, and then they stopped punishing me when they realized my depression punished me enough.
>>
They didn't really discipline me

They just yelled at me, but they realized it was not really useful as I'm naturally mature and I know it when I do something wrong
>>
>>39438362
>when they realized my depression punished me enough.
I'm sorry anon :(
>>
>>39437634
I was never disciplined, just hurt. Now I'm lazy, amoral and just don't care about anything.
>>
>>39438418
Thanks man, I'm slowly getting better, but I still have some really shitty periods
>>
>>39437634
>Christian upbringing
>Taught right and wrong early on
>Barely did anything wrong
Call me a Christcuck all ya want but I gained a lot from it.
>>
>>39437634
Used to hit me whenever whatever I didnt do whatever they told me for the nth time, went as far as using belts once in a while.
Nowadays im still impressed that my mother thinks yelling at me will have any effect in my actions, wether she asks me nicely or with a gun to head my reaction will be the same.
In the end I guess it worked, mentally I understand perfectly why they had to do it, but im still struggling to be smart about it and actually do the things.
>>
>>39437634
good question.My parents were never there so it was mostly my grand parents(and at times my brother) taking care of me and teaching me morals.
>>
>>39437634
yelling
hitting

i'll say one thing in favor of that shit: it makes you incredibly fucking hostile and defiant
>>
>>39438452
>just hurt.
What do you mean?
>>
>>39437634
Hitting people is illegal in my country, so not like that at all. I love the man who raised me, which is why it hurts so much to be such a failure. I was adopted at age 10 by him after having a "childhood" I'd rather not talk about. He was really patient with me and understood me perfectly. He encouraged me to do things I felt like I couldn't do, which at least helped me accomplish those things. But, only in the past year or two have I actually become somewhat confident in my abilities. I felt extremely indebted to him so I did everything I could to not be a burden and to be "perfect". Sadly this led to me putting on one heck of a mask. He tried to get me to not feel that way but I wouldn't listen to him, or to myself.
>>
>>39438749
>Hitting people is illegal in my country
Which country? There tend to be exceptions to rules like this.
>>
>>39438834
I mean, I was born in Russia, but I was raised by him in Norway, where it is most certainly illegal. Plus, even if it wasn't, people wouldn't do it here. It's frowned upon heavily because of the copious research that shows how harmful it is to children. (And in my opinion, you don't even need scientists to tell you that; I've never met a child who could not be reasoned with, especially after they've calmed down. The ones who usually need the time outs are the parents. But most kids nowadays are surprisingly logical and even very young children seem to be reacting to reason much better than they were when I was growing up. But even if that didn't seem to be the case, yelling and abusing children does absolutely nothing, and anyone who says it "helped" them are simply victims of Stockholm Syndrome.)

Hitting children is illegal in most European countries, and even a few non-European ones.
>>
>>39437634
Almost always just took away my power cords for electronics or yelled at me. I got spanked all of once and of course it had to be in public. Now I'm a huge fucking spankophile for some reason.
>>
>>39437634
My parents never hit me or discipline me at all really, save for a few times when I messed up and my father lost his temper. They normally would just explain to me that what I did was wrong and why. It was my older siblings that would beat me or lock me in a closet for the most insignificant things. If I was fortunate enough to have children I hope I could be even half the man that my father was and raise my child the way he did.
>>
File: 1503862623200.png (472KB, 628x705px) Image search: [Google]
1503862623200.png
472KB, 628x705px
>>39438958
What the fuck.

>>39438966
You wish you could lose your temper at your kids? Strange.
>>
>>39438982
Spanking is an incredibly vanilla fetish, I'm not sure it warrants that type of reaction.
>>
>>39439009
Sorry, replied to the wrong person. Meant for >>39438749

Stop it. Get some help.
>>
>>39439009
vanilla for females, not males
>>
>>39439033
I want to do it, not have it done to me. I'd still say it's vanilla.
>>
>>39439031
It's...complicated, anon. I believe he did many things right, but also many things wrong. I can't call him a good parental figure, but he certainly was an improvement compared to my biological parents. A vast one.

Sadly, he had a lot of issues of his own, and he killed himself 5 years ago....In front of me.
>>
>>39437634
My dad beat the fuck out of me. Honestly, I turned out alright. But I don't really feel like having a relationship with that guy now. So, think about that if you are thinking about beating your kids for discipline.
>>
File: confused disbelief.png (68KB, 316x456px) Image search: [Google]
confused disbelief.png
68KB, 316x456px
>>39439119
And I repeat: What the fuck.
>>
>>39438982
>You wish you could lose your temper at your kids?
Lolno, I meant treat my kids like they're not completely retarded and be understanding. Besides, he only lost his temper a total of five times in my life.
>>
>>39437634

I wasn't. I think that's why I turned out to be such a major piece of shit failure. Or at least it's part of it.
>>
>>39438898
>Hitting children is illegal in most European countries
Roughly half and enforcement is highly questionable and likely barely happens in most of that half.
>>
>>39439033
It's probably about as common for sub males as for sub females. There's just more dom males, who still like it just from the other angle anyway.
>>
>>39439167
Ah, that makes sense. Good luck, anon. Remember: Kids are not nearly as retarded as many parents seem to think. I babysit my nephew sometimes and while he's certainly hyperactive, he's only a year and a half old but can be reasoned with. Yelling or saying "don't do that" will rarely suffice with any kid, unless they really like you, though. You have to give them a reason not to that isn't "I'll hit you/yell at you/take something away". That's not how you creat effective reasoning. Saying, for example, "don't take away your sister's toys, she was playing with them first. she will give them to you when she's done playing. you don't like it when others take your toys away, so don't take away her's, okay? be kinder and find something else to play with."
>>
>>39437634
My mom only hit me when I did shit to personally screw her like if I lost her money when I went to the store or when the school called wanting to investigate her on why my sister and I were skipping school.

She didn't really give a shit otherwise.
>>
>>39439231
It's certainly enforced in the Nordic countries. Even the ones where it isn't, most people I've met were not hit (unless they're over 30 or so) and even more don't find it acceptable. But, that also depends on the country.
>>
>>39439358
>It's certainly enforced in the Nordic countries.
Those are the exceptions I was thinking of. I doubt it is enforced in any way in any of the other countries that have banned it on paper.
>>
>>39437634

Parents didn't. If they tried, I'd one-up them. I think they gave up because I was a remorseless cunt and was willing to do things like pour sand in the car's gas tank.

Really weird how I turned out. I was a real shit-kicking kid who never felt bad about anything and always got away with it, but now I'm usually the moral guru of my (Not entirely robot) circle of friends and am considered a very friendly, trustworthy, and approachable person.

I have no idea how to feel about it.My parents were never really parents, just roommates that cooked, and I've turned out a good person, but other people I see with similar home situations are just abhorrent mongoloids.
>>
>>39439166
...Sorry. I've been drinking.
>>
>>39439320
I hope your sister got the same treatment when you both skipped school.
>>
>>39439428
Maybe not by law enforcement, but by parents, yes. Which is fine. I think it's wrong to hit a child, but if someone was spanked a few times as a kid but grew up in an otherwise very good household with otherwise loving and understanding parents one could argue that you can't be that loving or understanding if you hit your children, but many parents just simply don't know not to, or are too stuck in their ways, well it'd certainly be better than being raised in a household where you were never hit, but always yelled at or had very apathetic parents who didn't care about you or supported you.
>>
Wooden spoon on arse. Was never heavily enforced tbf. I dont remember being afraid other than the fact it did make me stop being a little shit as I ran to avoid it. I sincerely I was abused for it, I do believe kids sometimes deserve a quick smack but not beatings.
>>
>>39438418
It's okay man, it's not your fault.
>>
>>39439517
Wot. Its late and i am failing at phone posting. I mean i dont feel abused for it
>>
>>39439457
Actually, yeah. My mom beat us both at the same time when we were cutting school together. But wouldn't beat us at all if we did it or anything wrong separately. Mom was weird.
>>
>>39438268
I'm not a nigger so no beatings. Beatings don't teach children that they did something wrong, it just teaches them not to get caught. I would just ground them and force them to do some really shitty chores .
>>
>>39439523
Not that Anon but that's really fucking cruel. Nobody deserves depression. I'm sorry too. ;_;
>>
>>39439548
>But wouldn't beat us at all if we did it or anything wrong separately.
huh, what was her logic?
>>
>>39438659
Not that anon, but it means that his parents were shitty and never taught him right from wrong. They just him with no lessons given. You have to explain to a child WHY what they did was wrong.
>>
>>39439562
You are kidding yourself if you don't think all those White Pride people didn't get their asses beat by their dads when they were kids.

Trump too, more than likely. He looks like the kind of guy who got whipped.
>>
>>39439306
Yeah, I completely agree. Thanks to my father I had a good understanding of how to behave and what was appropriate or not. Had it not been for my siblings I believe I wouldn't be the fuckup I am today.
>>
>>39439593
These days she has a selective memory that doesn't recall hitting us at all so I can't ask her but I thought that she felt obligated to punish the both of us harshly in case we convinced each other afterward that we got off easy. Otherwise, it was just a lecture.
>>
>>39439670
I'm sorry your siblings treated you so poorly. I guess I'm blessed for having siblings who were much nicer to me growing up. Not like they had a choice, I'm the oldest.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.