[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are normalfags so obsessed with this fucking show?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: promo322954306.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
promo322954306.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
Why are normalfags so obsessed with this fucking show?
>>
>>39434319
Because what other fantasy show has this kind of budget? Why do you hate it?
>>
>>39434359
it's overly cucked and feminsit sjw bullshit now... so it's garbage. it was good but now it's just grrl power and a bunch of sniveling cucked "males" in the show
>>
>>39434319
can we all agree season 7 sucked ass? all the normies I know were squealing over it, but the scene where Jon and crew get trapped on the ice island and Dany saves the day by somehow teleporting her dragons there instantly, and also the Uncle Benjyn ending and Littlefinger ending were both terrible. The show lost all of its complexity. what happened to the mind bending plot twists? the unpredictable deaths? everyone has plot armor, everything feels forced in at the last moment. The shortened season was such a dumb idea. As if they don't have enough money to make it longer.. I truly believe it was the attraction of the normie audience that fucked this show up. It has become way too Hollywood
>>
>>39434319
Normies go with whatever is popular at the time. This one just happens to have gone out of control.

Honestly, it would be a good show if they didn't have a sex scene every 5min.
>>
File: Blank_ac72b0_6254455.jpg (126KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_ac72b0_6254455.jpg
126KB, 900x900px
>>39434319

The books are good, and so was the show when it was still based on them

After season four or five everything turned into predictable hollywood tripe. And the normies eat it up.
>>
>>39434404
nothing in the show is about feminism or sjw. how old are you?
>>
>>39434404
Who's a cuc male? It shows most of the women in a pretty negative light. Cercei is sociopathic murderous monster who everyone but a literally zombie is ditching. Theres considerable concern about Danerys mental stability. Asha got captured by her stronger better uncle. Melisandre got banished for being a child murdering piece of shit. How is any of that female empowerment?
>>
First two seasons are really good. Third season was good but the Red Wedding is when people started making reaction videos. After that, the writers saw that they were running out of book material but knew that there was something to the "event television" spin that would continue to draw in audiences. So basically between the 4th and 5th seasons, the show became all about dramatic "climaxes" and quippy exchanges between characters that people could record themselves gasping or saying "YASSS" to and less about internally consistent character interactions.
>>
>>39434465
I would assume it's because every 5 minutes Dany comes in with her dragons and destroys everything with le epic music playing. She's too OP
>>
>>39434428
Someone did the math on it and apparenty to get the raven to Dany and then for her to fly to the wall on a dragon would have taken minimum 3 days. Which is a little bit of a stretch but also sort of on the edge of plausible.

All in all though yeah season 7 was ass and felt more like fanfic than cannon
>>
>>39434502
Just because she has weapons of mass destruction doesn't make her a feminist role model. By that logic Kim Jong Un is a male role model.
>>
>>39434525
what..? The point is she's a powerful character. Powerful, badass female character = female empowerment.. can we agree on that?
>>
>>39434446
Season 5 was the end for me, I just continue watching it to have a closure, but to be honest idgaf anymore.

I started watching season 7 just before ep5 aired; is not bad, but pales compared to the first 3, and ranks as a mediocre at best.
>>
>>39434544
I don't think her gender is the point of character it seems like she's meant to mirror Aegon and Jon is meant to mirror Rheagar. Bran can literally go back in time and control peoples minds, Jon is literally immortal why aren't you crying that they're OP too?
>>
>>39434502
>too op
>got btfo by the night king
>>
>>39434544
Nope, several queens in the past were powerful leaders, but empowered jack shit for roasties, like Cleopatra was just the Roman emperors cum bucket.

But she was powerful nonetheless
>>
>>39434525
>By that logic Kim Jong Un is a male role model.

>Implying I wouldn't instantly switch place with him if I could
dumb roastie
>>
>>39434611
dude, I'm not the person who thinks the show is "cucked," I don't give a shit. I'm just talking about how people react to it. When roasties see a powerful women character, they always say that it's empowering females. Guys don't say the same shit, because we don't obsess about our gender all the time (generally), and don't have a perpetual inferiority complex about it. Also, Dany is by far the most OP character as far as pure destruction goes, let's be fair. she commands a basically unstoppable army and fuckin dragons
>>
it was entertaining for the first 3 or 4 seasons. if you question why this show got so popular you really need to go back and watch those seasons. it's a giant pile of shit now.
>>
>>39434404
>it's overly cucked and feminsit sjw bullshit now... so it's garbage. it was good but now it's just grrl power and a bunch of sniveling cucked "males" in the show

that's the problem you have with it? what about the shitty writing of D&D. the rushed and contrived plots this last season (littlefingers death was a joke) and focus on just streamlining towards the end of the story already show you how fucking soon everyone working on this project wants out.

>benjen deus ex machina
>genry running a fucking marathon pace back to the east castle
>ice island battle, geography literally doesn't matter anymore in season 7
>cersei still a self-hating, misogynistic dumb ass who always thought she was smarter than she was
>still literally no explanation for why the night king and white walkers are marching upon humanity

Feminism and SJW pandering are the least of worries with this damn show faggot.
>>
>>39434675
I was so disappointed by the littlefinger thing. one of the only things that kept me going was the hope that I'll get another of those moments where I realize the whole progress of the show was due to little finger or varys pulling the strings.. but I was too optimistic. the show is way too stupid for that now
>>
>>39434319
Because the first 3 seasons are some of the best tv out there.
4th season starts to show its problems but it's pretty damn good, after that it goes downhill real fast.
>>
>>39434721
varys scheming doesn't even make sense in the show without aegon
>>
>>39434319
Degenerate show in a degenerate society. Really fires my neurons, OP.
>>
>>39434319
Cuz its literally a ripoff of an MMO's story done poorly

Wrath of the Lich King, for anyone who cares
>>
The Normie Trinity:
star wars
harry potter
game of thrones
>>
>>39434319
It's a good fucking show.
Just because you hate "normies", and "normies" love this show... it doesn't make the show any less amazing than when you first loved it.
When you love something, then others that you don't like start loving it, then you think "oh no I hate it now because [insert group here] likes it"... do you know what that makes you?
FICKLE AND FUCKING PATHETIC.
You're like a fucking child that doesn't want to like something just because others like it.
You're fucking absolutely fucking pathetic.

I'd say this about anything.
If you made this thread about fucking... I dunno... 2 Girls 1 Cup I'd still have the same opinion.

YOU CAN'T STOP LIKING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE YOU HATE ALSO LIKE THE SAME THING.
Do you realise just how fucking pathetic that is?
I love many things that people I hate also like... the shit doesn't stop being any less amazing purely because of the fan groups that follow it.

Grow the fuck up.
Stop being a sad cunt that thinks being a sad cunt is an exclusive group.
>>
>>39435327
except it's actually shitty now and you're a stupid normie for still liking it
>>
>>39435327
eh hemmm....
https://youtu.be/BCr7y4SLhck

R I P O F F
>>
>>39435242
You are being silly. Warcraft 3 was inspired partly by A Song of Fire and Ice. The final mission in The Frozen Throne, where Arthas fights Illidan, is even called A Symphony of Frost and Flame.
>>
File: jeyne poole sansa stark.png (456KB, 525x688px) Image search: [Google]
jeyne poole sansa stark.png
456KB, 525x688px
>>39434721

Neither have been pulling the strings for seasons. Viserys is there for eunuch jokes now.
I don't even understand why Sansa having any power would benefit Baelish as much as having her needing him to continue to stay protected.

>>39434753

This. He let Viserys become a beggar and Daenerys become near-feral even though they were apparently the horses he was betting on.
He could've had Illyrio take them in the second the knight that saved them died, or even had the knight killed to get them under his guidance sooner. He could've even faked their deaths so he could train them without Robert being a threat. Dany replacing Aegon just doesn't work without making Viserys look like as much of an irresponsible moron as Baelish leaving the real Sansa with the Boltons did.
>>
>>39435439
https://youtu.be/wyua3Z6zKzQ
>>
>>39434319
I used to give this show a pass when I would hamg out with one of my friends. We don't talk anymore and then I came here more and started hating it. I haven't seen it and might not ever. I think I just have a knee jerk reaction to popular stuff, hm.
Anyway, you judge people, you know that?
Make of it what you will
>>
>>39434491
I stopped watching after the third season for slightly different reasons, I think. I didn't know about the books and just thought it would just be some epic fantasy story with strong character roles and interesting plot twists with tales of war and life. I considered the first two seasons like an introduction and after it turned out to be just a bunch of boring episodes with the ocasionally shocking stuff like people dying in unexpected ways and some fights and monsters (the fantasy part isn't that developed). I honestly was expecting this to be a brilliant show. It turned out to be a very successful show that fucking sucks
>>
It's not bad now because normies like it, it's because the writers want to just be done with the show while catering to what they think normies want.

>>39435327

People often mistake normies liking things to be bad when it's really the fact normies now love the sort of things they made fun of the person screaming nomie for liking before it was mainstream.
>>
>>39435552
>People often mistake normies liking things to be bad when it's really the fact normies now love the sort of things they made fun of the person screaming nomie for liking before it was mainstream.
what?

also, in this case, it's mostly because it turned to shit. breaking bad was loved by normies, but was consistently great
>>
>>39435470
It's a homage.
>>
>>39434491

It's so weird they cut out so much book stuff to me. If they kept to the book, things like Arianne and Stoneheart and Jaime in the Riverlands, they would've had more seasons. That's more money they could've been making. They actively killed off the characters central to the cut storylines so they're completely impossible.
>>
File: Davos_Main.jpg (109KB, 864x640px) Image search: [Google]
Davos_Main.jpg
109KB, 864x640px
I NEED A RAVEN TO DRAGONSTONE RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>39435630

Normies make fun of the Anon for liking the thing, so Anon gets resentful when the normies suddenly love the thing. Anon mistake this for just the fact normies liking the thing is what makes it frustrating. I hope I'm making more sense... Sorry, English isn't my first language and I still sometimes sounds awkward
>>
>>39434654
Her dragons are OP she's just getting carried really. She has no idea how to war, no idea how to rule, no idea how to anything but not die in fires and speak Valaryan. She's so reliant on her orbiters and her dragons.
>>
>>39434729
So what you're saying is the seasons that were true to the books were good-best thing ever made?
>>
>>39434319
Don't complain unless you want to end up watching Orange is the New Black

Don't complain about that unless you want to end up watching How I Met Your Mother.

Don't complain about that unless you want end up watching friends.

Don't complain about that unless you want end up watching Tosh.0

Don't complain about that unless you want to end up watching Big Brother.

Let the normies be normies, they can only make things worse. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to rewatching Babylon 5.
>>
>>39436243
>not eagerly awaiting the college football game
>>
File: daenerys the unburnt.png (983KB, 750x1300px) Image search: [Google]
daenerys the unburnt.png
983KB, 750x1300px
>>39436008

Show Dany is so bloodthirsty compared to book Dany.
They really do the character a disservice by not having the fact she doesn't know shit and is so reliant on advisers be a problem for her. It was interesting to see her realize how naive she can be no matter how many cities she took and how many enemies she killed.
>>
>>39435411
nigger the books are way older than this specific wow expansion lmfao, its the other way around wow is based off the books lmfaooooooooo
>>
>>39434404
>waaahhhhhhh muh femenism wahhhhhh

the show is literally about jon show aka the person george martin wishes he could be.
this is why you're a virgin.
>>
>>39434404
>overly cucked and feminist sjw bullshit
underage detected.
>>
Normies need something to small talk about. GoT is just like the football or mass politics for previous generations, it's a way for normies to 'differentiate' themselves from some others, while still being part of a collective.

It's trash, but as far as TV goes the production values are relatively high, so that makes it easier for them to watch. It has lots of particular names, "Dany", "Cersei", etc (a lot like Harry Potter), which makes it easier for people to memorise these names and bring them up in conversation. There's a lot of sex and violence for people to 'react' to in attention-seeking ways.

But the main thing is normies need something to talk about, they have FOMO and so if they're told "EVERYONE is watching GoT" and if they're in the office one day and overhear two other co-workers talking about these weird character names, they'll quickly do a google search and start watching so they too can make others feel left out.
>>
They are not, normies don't go crazy over shows, they like got. The only people insane about it its Tumblr and reddit "false nerds" the equivalent of casuals in /v/ or Tarantinofags in /tv/
>>
>>39436436
sam is grrms self insert
>>
>>39437581
pretty much it.
based off a delusion of someone he wishes he could be
>>
>>39434319
Why would't they be? are they supposed to like anime like you?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.