[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you want to be loved, be lovable. -Ovid

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: ovid.png (145KB, 286x289px) Image search: [Google]
ovid.png
145KB, 286x289px
If you want to be loved, be lovable.
-Ovid
>>
just b urself my dood
>>
>>39428626
What if I want to love someone, huh? What do I do then, Ovid? "Find someone lovable"? Not so easy.
>>
i've never met anyone who was lovable, how do i know what it is?
>>
>>39428626
>>39428641
If you want to be loved, just be yourself.
-Chad
>>
>>39428626

The greatest thing one can say about Ovid is that he was Shakespeare's favorite poet. He was the favorite word-wizard of the greatest writer of all time.
>>
>>39428756
Kek, no.

Rand is the greatest author of all time. No substitutes.
>>
>>39428756
There weren't that many writers when Shakespeare was alive though.
>>
>>39428919
please be kidding
>>
>>39428814
Not sure if trolling or originally retarded.
>>
>>39428648
Learn to love yourself first. In time you'll see your noble points and your flaws in others and be able to appreciate them as well.
>>
>>39429052
Although, I should add, you have to be able to see past their masks first.
>>
>>39429052
>In time you'll see your noble points and your flaws in others and be able to appreciate them as well.
Ok, that's very surprisingly good advice. I guess my problem is that I don't appreciate almost anything in anyone, not that there's nothing there. Not sure if it would work though.
>>
In order to be loved you have to be attractive
>>
>>39428626
If you want to love yourself, just be yourself

Can't get normier
>>
>>39429103
>In order to be loved you have to be attractive
If you mean the literal and simple definition of attractive then yes obviously. But then you are saying nothing, "To attract things you need to attract things."
If you mean physically attractive, then no, definitely not.
>>
>>39428982
I'm not.
There weren't that many top-tier writers floating around.

He had to pick from around 20 or 50 as opposed to today's 3,000
>>
>>39429082
Surprisingly, it's easiest to love someone that shares your flaws, or flaws that you used to have. It's easy to forgive someone for their flaws knowing that you currently or previously are/were just as dumb as them in some way. Humans all have the same emotions, we just express them and react to them in different ways. Unconditional love for everyone is quite difficult to reach, don't feel too bad if it takes a while to find even one person that you can love. To forgive others you have to be able to forgive yourself first.
>>
>>39429143
>If you mean physically attractive, then no, definitely not.
Yes.
>>
>>39429306
It's really telling that you picked Quasimodo as an example to substantiate what you are saying. There's nothing actually likeable about his personality, you realize that, right? Do you seriously think women like that? "Oh, you're so selfless and undemanding! You'll let me go just at the drop of a hat and would never think to fight for my affection or selfishly claim it for yourself! It makes me love you oh so much." No, people like the opposite of that, they like selfishness, that's what's appealing. And a whole list of similar "negative" traits that your mommy said you have to avoid and instead turn yourself into a beta Quasimodo cuckold.
>>
>>39429306
>>39429351
In other words, being a "good" person is completely worthless in terms of attracting a mate. No one is ever going to appreciate more thank a "Thanks. Bye." and then forget about it. Social skills, charm, and assiduousness are paramount.
>>
>>39429351
Yes, that is why Quasimodo didn't get with Esmeralda. He wasn't confident and assertive.
>>
>>39429398
He doesn't even truly love her. Actual love is extremely selfish and adamant. If you can let someone go like that, you don't really give much of a fuck about them. If you can't exist without having them, that's love. And it's really flattering to be loved that much. I'm sure she'd like it.
>>
>>39429417
You are completely missing the point with your babbling. The difference between Phoebus and Quasimodo is their looks. Any difference in personality is either, a result of their looks, or an assumption based off their looks.
>>
>>39429450
>personality is 100% based on looks
If that were the case then every Quasimodo would be the same. They are not. There are Quasimodos who abduct and keep their object of affection locked away for themselves.
>>
>>39429481
It doesn't matter. Esmeralda could never love Quasimodo no matter how his personality was. She would always be able to find some excuse if she wanted. You don't want to face the truth. Love is very shallow.
>>
>>39428626
ovid is the most normie poet ever
>>
>>39428814
lol kek lel lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
>>39429533
So now you are changing your argument to "uhhhh because I said so!"
First you said that every ugly person has the same personality, because it has been pre-decided for them because of their looks. But you admit that's wrong, because there are ugly people with all kinds of personalities, and the story you use as an example is about him having a KIND AND GOOD PERSONALITY, and about how someone can be beautiful on the inside or whatever the fuck. But the story is bullshit because he is not beautiful on the inside, he's a fucking loser that no one could ever give a shit about, "please shit all over my face, I don't mind :) do you like me now?"
That's you. You are Quasimodo. Not outwardly, but inwardly, and that's worse.
>>
>>39429566
It's too much of a strain for me to read the drivel you type out. You should know that I am correct, because everything I says makes perfect sense.
>>
>>39429588
Nothing you say makes any sense, but it serves well for you to convince yourself of it so that you never feel the stress of wasting your life on being a sad mopey cunt who doesn't have to try at all because you were shafted from the start.
>>
>>39429604
Try to be a little more concise. I can't be bothered deciphering your posts otherwise.
>>
>>39429566
It looks like you are just projecting his bad looks on his personality.

Don't get me wrong, ugly people are destined to suffer. It's not right but neither is it wrong. It's just what it is.
>>
>>39429623
You're pathetic and you insist on being pathetic because it's comfortable for you.
>Esmeralda could never love Quasimodo
That's right, because no one could ever love someone who thinks that no one could ever love them. Like you, like Quasimodo. Not because of looks, but because you're trash, on the inside. You have nothing, other than "selflessness," which you try to leverage as your one good attribute because you think you will be appreciated for it, and avoid being judged by normies. It doesn't have much to do with looks and if you looked like Chad no one would love you still. They might want your body but they would never love you truly, they could never. You say that "love is shallow" but I'm sure you realize that if it is as shallow as you say, then it's not love at all, is it?

You obviously don't actually look like Quasimodo either, you're below average at worst. It's your personality that is disgusting.
>>
>>39429736
Not him and I don't think ugly people are necessarily unlovable (they can be loved by other uggos) but a Quasimodo would never get someone who wasn't physically as ugly as he was.
>>
>>39429736
Why must you insist on tiring me with your rambling? No one can love Quasimodo. His personality is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what he does. That is the point of the movie.
>>
>>39429736
there is no 'true' love only physical attraction or attraction to status/wealth.
>>
>>39429855
There is no "true love" but there are definitely countless things, in addition to physical attraction and status/wealth, that can trigger the exact same chemicals that it refers to. And it's incredibly simple and just requires the right personality and actions.
>>
>>39429875
I mean, there obviously are. In keeping with the earlier theme, what about Stockholm Syndrome? People fall in love with their kidnappers, who usually aren't very desirable people or people they would never be interested in otherwise. You really underestimate how fucking simple human minds are when it comes to this, and how easy it is to make someone love you.
>>
>>39429875

Nope. How attractive you are literally is your personality. Love is extremely shallow and some people just refuse to accept that fact. Its the same reason most people will go to an animal shelter and pick out the "cutest" dog or cat, not the ugly thing with fucked up fur and teeth.
>>
>>39430012
>How attractive you are literally is your personality.
What in the flying fuck? How fucking retarded are you? Kill yourself.
So, if you meet a 10/10 Stacey who only ever talks about clothes, ltierally, ONLY EVER TALKS ABOUT CLOTHES, nothing else, she is incapable of talking about anything other than clothes, you'll still fall for her head over heels? I'm not talking about fucking her body. I'm talking about you walking around with a dumb smile on your face thinking about how fun it is to listen to her talk about clothes. Or a Stacey who doesn't speak at all, literally autistic, can't speak, can't express herself and therefore HAS NO PERSONALITY, but is still 10/10. Will you think about how adorable it is when she's sitting there creepily mute? You're so fucking stupid.
>>
>>39430125
I think he's talking about the Halo-effect. If you're attractive, any bad thing you do won't be percieved as bad as it normally would be. It's the reverse effect if you're ugly.

So basically, your attractiveness level does influence how people see your personality.
>>
>>39430125
Not him, please introduce me to the mute stacey. Even if her personality turns out to be garbage I'd at least like to help her be able to express it.
>>
>>39428626
>Just be yourself was an ancient meme
>>
>>39428626
Who do you hate more Ovid or Immanuel Kant?
>>
>>39430459
He's actually telling you to change yourself by force if no one loves you.
>>
>>39429533
>doesn't matter
Reddit would advise us to smile and happily accept this fact regardless.
>>
>>39430498
>change your personality
Yeah all right
>>
>>39430598
Do you think it's impossible? Don't be silly. You've almost certainly already changed one aspect of your personality. Remember when you believed in Santa Claus? Why did you? Because you had complete trust in your parents. That shit changed the instant they told you the truth.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.