[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do more people not kill themselves?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1493613774408s.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493613774408s.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
How do more people not kill themselves?

When I am outside and look around at the general public the majority of the people seem to be unhealthy and depressed looking. They do not look like they led very positive lives. Then all of the people working dead end, deameaning jobs, growing older and older with no hope of getting away from it until they retire in their 70s and their entire life has passed them by.

The way this world is I cannot understand how more people are not offing themselves on a daily basis.
>>
>>39428391
You clearly live in a shitty place because people are fucking bursting with joy here at my place
>>
>make a thread about suicide on /r9k/
>1 reply

Should probably neck myself at this point.
>>
>>39428418
That's because you live in some European country where everyone is beautiful and it's sunny all year round.
>>
>>39428391
It's the leading cause of death for everyone under old age that isn't accidents.
>>
>>39428799
>forgets the fact 40% of europeans are muslims
>>
File: 1497492579818.jpg (56KB, 500x390px)
1497492579818.jpg
56KB, 500x390px
>>39428391
I don't even know how retail stores stay open. Like, how can people actually work there for years and years and think 'yeah this is okay'. People need to wake up and stop living for Mr. Shekel.
>>
>>39428391
because evolution programmed us to want to live more than anything
>>39428391
don't know where you live but most people seem happy where I am
>>39428818
kek'd
>>
>>39428391
Where do you live exactly? The people where I live are generally pretty happy. Granted, I live in one of those rich American suburbs where everyone is pretty well-off.
>>
>>39428391
They're just numb to the pain.
>>
>>39428391
Well look at this board for example, some of the most miserable people post here

Your state of mind changes in that situation and even the slightest bit of normalcy that we get feels like climbing mt Everest. When you still feel some sort of pleasure from living however small it may be, there's still a reason to live

Plus offing yourself damages your friends and family
>>
File: 121267512635322.jpg (92KB, 690x690px)
121267512635322.jpg
92KB, 690x690px
I've found that more people than I originally thought came to the same realization at a certain point that the freedom to kill oneself whenever you wanted meant you never had to at all. A lot fewer however kept going and used the same logic to never really have to worry too much about things.
>>
are you new here? even at /r9k/ where we have a daily suicide thread, we don't all kill ourselves because of various stated reasons-- too hard, too expensive, guilt, etc. normies you see outside have even more to live for and are even less likely to do the deed.
>>
a lot of these people have no idea how more well off people live and how much better their lives are. They just have nothing to compare their experience to and just think 'that's life'.
>>
>>39428999
I honestly think the average NEET robot has a better life than most wage slaving normies though. If you can pass life by shitposting in your mum's basement while she brings you tendies, then why miss out on that through suicide?

But having to slave away in a demeaning role all day every day until you drop in order to pay for Mohamed and his 8 cousins to be shipped over and move in next door, that seems like hell.
>>
>shitty day
>smoke weed
>bearable day
>>
File: 1502649484046.jpg (46KB, 674x501px)
1502649484046.jpg
46KB, 674x501px
>>39428391

the reason suicide isnt more commonplace is because there is no easy, painless way to do it and we are programmed to avoid physical pain at all costs, not because we secretly love being alive or anything stupid like that.

If suicide pills came on the market tommorow, they would sell out withing an hour.
>>
>>39429240
You're talking about the survival instinct. Also, exit bags are pretty painless, but you don't see those commonly used.
>>
File: 4L_ipk9n1IK.jpg (44KB, 398x370px)
4L_ipk9n1IK.jpg
44KB, 398x370px
>>39429293
He said painless and easy. I don't care how easy you say it is, it requires time and effort and the fear of fucking it up makes people avoid it. You are a triple nigger
>>
Because they're fucking normies. Even the 30 year old cunts at mcdicks and the 40 year old waitresses aren't self aware of their own situation. Ignorance is bliss. The Normie are oblivious and freedom is being oblivious and that's why intellectuals want to kill themselves because they know death is followed by oblivion and there won't be anymore pain and bullshit. There won't be anything at all
>>
Those 30s/40's/50's year old people working shit jobs didn't grow up with internet and social media. They did not compare their lives to how the rich and good looking are living. Us younger guys, we got sucked into social media. We see how chads have it, we see how the rich have it, we compared it to our own life and realize how unfair and unrealistic it all is. However at some point you're expected to "just grow up" and accept the way everything is, "man up, be a man" and just eat shit day in and day out.

NEET's are losers, but the real losers of this world are the ones working miserable low paying jobs with no end in sight.
>>
File: jew.png (793KB, 757x745px)
jew.png
793KB, 757x745px
Because the majority of people are pussies.
>>
Mostly because suicide takes a certain type of person and a very specific type of depression to happen. Most people don't want to go through with the painful/scary aspect of it and would rather put up with the shitty parts of life and die naturally than end it all prematurely.
>>
I bet his ipod would be worth a fair bit now since they don't make them anymore.
>>
File: 5sElitU.jpg (43KB, 1137x640px)
5sElitU.jpg
43KB, 1137x640px
You may offer advice and help to a person who's suicidal, but ultimately it is their choice if they want to off themselves or not.

And for the record, unless you know the person (bonus if you're close to it), you shouldn't bother. Death is sweet, no mater what others say. True, it may not be a rational decision in most cases, but you can't really do much about it.

As a mysanthrope, I'm okay with people offing themselves or dying in general. Not "glad", but I'm okay with it. I do also keep it as an option of myself, just in case.
>>
>>39428391
Will? it's cool man, life is slightly better than death. silver lining.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.