[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fathers thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: asda.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
asda.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
can we talk about our dads in this thread? i'd like to hear about your relationships with them.

>im glad my dad died before he could be dissapointed in me
>>
never knew my real dad. My mum told me he was a nazi robot that never talked much just like me. He ended up leaving my Mum and me when i was 3 Months old goin to the german bundeswehr and killing an negro comrade there. Now hes working as an Trucker in bavaria. I found an cousin of me on Facebook asking him out about my father and he told me he never even mentioned he had a son...

My step dad just never build an relationship to me but atleast he wasnt violent. Just an cold narcistic fuck. But i love him.
>>
>>39425359
my dads pretty cool
>>
>>39425359
He's got anger issues, even now at 63. He's always been an asocial retard also, which probably explains why I've always been a friendless loser since he kept telling me that friends are useless, and nothing but disappointment in the end.

Well I'm his biggest disappointment now.

My half-brother is actually worse than me, since he's 37 and probably worked 3 years max in his life.
>>
>>39425359
He's emotionally distant one. I mean you can talk and even laugh with him but there's a limit after which there's nothing. He's good around house, has a passion for cars, planes, guns and other WWII stuff. Sadly, he's not inspiring father or a good role model because father is more of a problem solver than visionary. On top of that he eats stress away through food.
>>
File: feel.jpg (25KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
25KB, 428x500px
>Never saw my dad much as a kid
>Idolized him because he was in the military (British Army)
>Dad was infantry
>Grow up
>Mom and dad are divorced
>Never see my dad bc mom won't let me
>Never understand why
>Be 19 join the Army
>Join Artillery
>Invite mom and family to passout parade (graduation into military life after training)
>Find my dad on Facebook
>Ask him if he'd like to come
>Is going on holiday with his different family
>Declines
>Ask my mother why is he such a dick
>Turns out he used to beat me a lot and I repressed the memories
>tfw I'm 23 and my dad was my hero but in reality he was a cunt
>>
>>39425541
Jesus that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that anon. Didn't know you could repress memories that much.
>>
>>39425558
you can't his bitch mom just told him that lie cuz she's resentful
>>
Posted that yesterday already.

One of the only times i got truly hurt was when my dad promised to go to McDonalds with me and he sent my uncle to go instead. He was like "why arent you eating anything?" I told him that id go to McDonalds with my Dad later so i didnt wanna eat now. He couldnt tell me we wouldnt go because he knew it would break my heart.

I didnt give a fuck about fucking McDonalds i just wanted to spend some time with my Dad because we never did because of work. So after it was evening i called him and he got really fucking angry because i was at McDonalds with my Uncle already (thats when i realized he sent him instead because he wanted to work). So he drove to fucking McDonalds with me, ordered something to go and brought me back home all while being fucking angry and not realizing i didnt give a shit about the food.

I was like 7 or 8.

Now im 19 and thinking about it is the only thing that makes me cry aside from my mom having one of her mental episodes.
>>
>>39425589
So your father was always angry workaholic?
>>
>>39425541
>infantry
>not an idiot

Pick exactly one.
>>
>>39425615
For a looong time, yup.
>>
>>39425472
Hey there Laura why don't you tell us more about your dad?
>>
>>39425589
That's terrible, actually a little upsetting to read
Did you guys ever get closer?
>>39425938
Really? The M isn't even capitalized, no ' in dad's
I have better grammar than that
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>39425359
My dad is the only person in the world who takes me seriously. He trained me to be everything I am today and even though I may have hated him for it I can see now that everything he did was for my own benefit. I can't even talk to him sometimes. I have to have a five-point argument set up with evidence and data just to ask him if he approves of my major.

It was like bad medicine being raised by him. But it made me have to improve myself. I learned to talk, I learned to persuade, I taught myself about things like philosophy and literature just to be able to earn his respect. I had to prove my independence, it seemed like a game at the time. I would ride my bike 5 hours from the Inner West of Sydney all the way to Berowra in the middle of the night just to prove that I could. I bought my own car for 500 dollars, stripped it down to bolts and put it back together again. I started lifting, started Judo.

Even still he seems to constantly challenge me, I never seem good enough to him. I know it feels demoralising and defeating, but there was nothing better for me. His constant challenge only reassures me that he see hope in me, and that he truly wants to see me become a better person.

This seems like a bit of a larp and a little edgy, but I found it cathartic to write this. Please anons, don't be so hard on your fathers, they only want whats best for you. Or I suppose in that case, you should be harder on them than you've ever been before.
>>
>>39426072
>The M isn't even capitalized, no ' in dad's
What?
>>
>>39425580
Also a possibility OP should consider
>>
>>39426177
Why the fuck did you end up on there with a hardass dad like this?
>>
>>39425359
Dad is kinda OK, but he never loved me. he is doing his fatherly duties all the time (I am 26, last time I was very sick he took off a day at work), but I always remind him what a waste I am. He was a major at the military, now he is an engineer he always dreamt about a Chad son, and I always see this in his looks.
He loves my sister much better who is a Stacey, with high salary, car, muscles (she works out a lot), astonishing house, while I am wagecucking in a small appartment and playing vidya.
>>
>>39426313
I don't come often, I'm not really a robot. I hang out mostly on /o/. I respect you people however and I really want all of you to succeed.
>>
File: gsdg.jpg (146KB, 610x696px)
gsdg.jpg
146KB, 610x696px
>>39425359
i have a what i like to think good relationship
>>
>>39426177
>stripped it down to bolts and put it back together again

Did he teach you that or yourself? How old are you now?
>>
>>39426182
In the post you said was me
>>
>>39426459
I'm 19. Mostly myself, youtube and a lot of old car manuals. My step-dad helped me with some of it but mostly just holding things, lifting things etc.
>>
>>39425359
>im glad my dad died before he could be dissapointed in me

he was and he was a drunken fucktard he terrorized my mom and me all the time. I am 28 now, when I was 19 I beat the shit out of him. He moved out I didn't see him since.
>>
File: 1503097539700.jpg (22KB, 612x408px)
1503097539700.jpg
22KB, 612x408px
>>39425359
"Son, your mother and I have discussed how we need to get you off your telly and into the real world, and we both think the best way to do this is for you to get a job. Now now, champ, there's no way around this, you're going to do this to better yourself. What do you mean I'm not your dad? Meet me outside after you get dressed, we're going to talk to the manager of the department store down the street right now. You just need to walk in and give him a firm handshake. There's really nothing more to it than that."
>>
He has moderate OCD and Bipolar Disorder but refuses to take medication, so dealing with him can be... difficult.

As a kid he was adamant about dragging me out of the house from my PS2 to ride bikes or go to the beach when he has a manic episode, so a little resentment draws from those experiences. And his OCD becomes bothersome when he lashes out at people for not falling in line with his idea of things. So lots of memories of him punching walls and shouting.

I moved in with him a few years ago for cheap college housing and we've established a "functional" relationship. I stay out of his way, sometimes we talk or discuss politics (opposite sides of the spectrum), and he helps me financially.

I used to really really hate him, but now I kinda understand that he is who he is and he has his reasons. He's not the best dad but he's the one I'm stuck with.
>>
>>39425541
Damn your mom is an OG.
>>
he played games with me and was kind of mean but never mean to a violent level just sort of minor sadistic streak

he abruptly lost interest in hanging out with me around the time the gamecube was released beyond buying me games occasionally

he's a major asshole now who values an adopted cousin of mine more than his own family just because he feels like a kindred spirit or something for the whole adoption thing, or maybe she's my half sister and he's just a lying cunt

in fairness he took antidepressants around the time he stopped playing with me and those probably had a lot to do with it but I highly dislike the man he is now to such an extent I'd stick him in an old folks home without a second thought, there's too much shit accumulated to bother typing out without wasting time thinking about it all beyond implying he went from being my buddy to treating me like a piece of shit despite having never once in his life tried teaching me any skill beyond being a lying manipulative asshole
>>
hate my fucking dad.

useless guy who never did anything extra for the family.

left all the housework and child care to my mother (who worked part time).

dad never bought us anything extra.

once i go fully independent (full time job and not just part time) i'm never gonna see this guy again.

he's just an emotionless heartless prick.
>>
File: IMG_1100.jpg (45KB, 288x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1100.jpg
45KB, 288x325px
I'm mixed about my dad.
From grade 5 to grade 10, he'd force me to work with him on math, and he'd be saying that I'd fail otherwise.
Doesn't sound bad, until you add all the yelling, insults, and how he feels that I'm useless, unless I'm number 1 in class.
This was in 5th grade. 5th fucking grade. I was like 9 and he was telling me I was failing and I was disappointing and all that. I still remember being afraid to come home cause I didn't want to deal with him.
In 10th grade I got 90s in math (cause I was in an much easier math course lol) and he was still on my ass, albeit not as much because it took him some convincing to stop.
My mom and sister dislike him too, and my mom said she'd divorce him given the chance.
Honestly there aren't many times I've taken his side, in any subject. It's like part of me hates him, and the other part of me wants to keep finding reason to hate him.
I think I'm just like that in general. I'm far from an optimist, but I tend to look deeper into a person trying to find the good.

I understand he was trying to make me smarter, with tough love, but you don't make people smarter by fucking yelling and insulting them. Oh yeah I also tried to an hero cause of this shit in 5th grade. It was a terrible attempt. I took a bread knife and tried to stab myself while crying. All I did was ruin my shirt. My dad didn't mention anything about a suicide while scolding me. Instead he got angry at the fact that my shirt was ripped.

Sorry for the long read.
>>
My dad is a great guy who's always supported me and wished the best for me. We spend a lot of time together, going to the pub and stuff. We sit out on the decking and smoke ciggies together, listening to music and having great conversation.

I love you Dad. I'm sorry I'm a loser working at McDonalds, you deserve better.
>>
>>39427321
Tell him this. It'll make his day.
Also, how did he raise you?
>>
>>39427320
Is he an Asian dad?
>>
>>39427321

i feel exactly the same. but i feel like i let him down because im a beta faggot, and im literally the last person with my last name now that he's gone. he always wanted to have grandkids, shame he'd never see them from me.
>>
>>39427321
>smoke ciggies together
Disgusting.
>>
>>39427286
literally my father
>>
>>39425359
Dad left when I was born. Meh.
>>
>>39425530
That's my dad right there.

Except for the food. He's more into rum
>>
>>39427863
Ohhhhhhh

Yeah I am half middle eastern (Persian) and I understand.
>>
>>39426401
Dude you can get to your sister's position, I bet.
I know you feel depressed, but the only cure to that is to get the fuck up.
>>
My Dad is my hero and I hold him up to the highest standard. He's the reason I don't kill myself.
>>
>>39427804
C'mon man. You can do it! Sperm bank is always there!
Make your dad proud!
Imagine your dad, crying, telling you how proud he is to gave a grandkid, and how he has you to thank for it! You got this!
>>
>>39425359
My dad was a good guy. Worked hard, good husband to my mom. I was a retard when I was younger and hardly ever talked to my family. I think it was because I was ashamed of myself, so I avoided conversations and felt very uncomfortable around them. Found out later my dad thought I always hated him. He's dead now and I never had the chance to tell him that I never hated him it was just me being fucked up. He deserved a better son than me.
>>
Dont really like the guy
He never really was around me when i was young used to beat me. Last time i cried was in 9th grade because he beat me
Very angry all the time for no reason
Hasnt been employed for six years and hes in his 50
Always keeps doing this thing where he tells me these 30 minute long speeches where he tries do advise me about different things ( like have more friends get a girlfriend learn at school)
Even today when i told him that i failed my exams and now i have ti pay for my college he started crying over the phone
What a fucking bitch but what can i say seems like all my familly cries like theyre fucking teenage girls
Jesus
>>
>>39425359
My Dad was a great guy and i loved him more than i loved anyone else. he died 6 weeks ago and i feel like shit. My dead beat mom is trying to do what she can to help me, but i know shes just trying to alleviate the guilt for walking out on my life. Ill never forgive her for leaving my dad. He was a hard working man and wasnt a drunk or an addict. She left him because
>he didnt bring home flowers enough
Dead fucking serious. She went and chased a bunch of men on the internet for money but she just kept getting treated like shit by every guy she hooked up with after that. My dad was the greatest guy ever and this world treated him like shit. I fucking hate women, my mom and my two older sisters are cancer.
>>
>>39428020
>i failed my exams and now i have ti pay for my college he started crying over the phone
I would also cry if i'd have such a fuckup son like you.
>>
>>39428209
Meh dont really care what they think anymore
As soon as i get myself hired somewhere and become independent i dont think im ever coming back to their place
>>
>>39425359
my dad is good but he is a grade A sucker and very sensitive

he cant take criticism at his job and he has high hopes in people and they scam him and fuck him over

wish my dad was a tough biker that hated me instead of being someone that let everyone walk all over him
>>
>>39427320

Watch LOST please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnRICiDAxvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45If9L0MxDI
>>
>>39427682
He raised me pretty well, taught me how to do a lot of shit, also was always nice and loving towards me.

>>39427804
That sucks man, I hope you find a nice girl and have a family together.

>>39427822
no you
>>
>>39428337
>wish my dad was a tough biker that hated me
but why?
>>
>>39428458
because it would be worth it for his own sake if he wasn't such a pussy
>>
>>39428482
How he managed to snatch your mom?
>>
>>39428484
both into the same religion and worked at the same religious place
>>
>>39425359
>Play vidya to escape from angry dad
>Dad thinks I'm sad because I play a lot of vidya
>>
My dad is an alcoholic and never really spoke to me until I was old enough to drink with him. He's dying of cancer now, but I don't drink anymore and can't talk to him without being drunk. I'm not sure if I'll miss him or not.
>>
>>39425359
Left family with all the property and money when I was 8, gave me an allergy, astigmatism, asocial tendencies and alcoholism through his shitty genes. Also, found out recently that he used to beat my mother on top of general family drunken brawls, giving me an AVPD to the rest of my life. Nothing else notable comes to mind.
>>
>>39428614
At least try to find a little closure before he goes anon. I regret not saying goodbye every single say.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.