[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on therapy robots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

redpill me on therapy robots
>>
>>39423714

It's Jewish trickery.
>>
it can be an effective way to allow yourself a new avenue for thought that escapes the rut you've been deepening for most of your adult life
>>
Most of it is memery to help "depressed" normies
>>
Robots don't know shit about therapy.
>>
>>39423714
>therapy robots
is this a thing?
>>
>>39423714
I spent over a grand on it. Didn't do shit for me. It was the antipsychotics and prozac that helped.
>>
>>39423799
>new avenue for thought
can they actually help me being better?
>>
File: Fedora 1.jpg (1MB, 1952x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora 1.jpg
1MB, 1952x3264px
The term "redpill" is the literary equivalent of a fedora
>>
Why would i need a therapist if i already talk to myself and understand my problems and their causes?
>>
waste of time bullshit that does nothing. you'd be better off talking to a friend or playing videogames with a friend or alone or anything really

r9k is vastly superior to therapy for a therapeutic outlet for mental pain, as you are usually with people who experience a lot of the same issues you've gone through and understand you

therapy is largely a waste of time and should only be done if court ordered or to prove you're mentally ill
>>
>>39423823
redpill me on therapy, robots

you happy now?
>>
>>39423840
op here, i am hoping that therapist could actually give me some useful tips on how to deal with certain problems
i dont want any medications
>>
>>39423829
they can help but you will be doing most of the heavy lifting, which means you have to be really open to seeing yourself and the machinations of your mind from a third-person perspective.

it helps to see a therapist as a personal trainer: they won't be doing the exercise for you. They're there to provide guidance and delineate a healthy constructive regimen, but it's you who will be exerting yourself. It is a tiring process, but it has been a worthwhile one for me.
>>
>>39423842
i agree, on 4chan you can say things that could get you in legal problems if you say them to therapist
think that even if you joke, they will call the cops on you and put you in asylum on meds for the rest of your life
>>
>>39423863

"I don't want any medications."

They'll talk you into it anyway.
>>
>>39423880
what about things that i can not tell them, like that i am pedophile or wanting to become a terrorist
you will get on the list even if you are joking
>>
>>39423842
>r9k is vastly superior to therapy for a therapeutic outlet for mental pain
as long as you're seeking an outlet and not to actually escape the cycle that creates the pain, this may be true.
>>
Here's some advice that might save you years in therapy. Stop avoiding conflict.
>>
>>39423905
but, if people would do that, this board would get canceled
>>
>>39423916
pfft, the problem IS that i am not avoiding it, you see, i am an asshole and i dont even realize it which made me to lose people i care about
also i suspect i might be having BPD
>>
>>39423903
if you don't feel comfortable sharing those things you can just leave a level of abstraction between them and what you say.

"I want to become a terrorist" isn't actually of direct value to your therapy, it's what makes you want to be a terrorist that is. Instead, saying "I find myself drawn to extremist views because they provide me with [blah blah blah]" is what will start a worthwhile conversation. Talk about what has become appealing to you.
>>
>>39423949
i dont actually mean i want to become terrorist, but i do hate people so i might tell it in rage which will get me in trouble
>>
>>39423944
Conflict can be inner conflict, like frustrations, anxiety etc The best advice I recieved is that I should be 100% honest so I don't contradict myself.
>>
>>39423968
then talk about how you hate people and how you find yourself saying extreme shit when you feel like you've been pushed (or have worked yourself) into a rage. describe what that rage feels like etc etc.

the goal is to get them to understand what dictates the flow of your emotions.
>>
>>39424068
so they can actually help me?
can they help me with poor self confidence/self esteem?
>>
>>39424120
It helped me, and if you have access to it I would strongly recommend looking into it
>>
>>39424120
Yes and no
They can give you the means to get out of your rut, but you gotta do shit yourself
a good way to get more confidence and self respect is to go to the gym and get healthy and strong, beats being a fat fuck or skeleton
>>
>>39423714
If you know yourself, it's pretty much useless...
>>
>>39423714
99% of mental illnesses are caused by bad ideas or bad nutrition
>>
>>39424508
>citation fucking needed...

That smelly smell...
>>
>>39424484
i already am in good shape, but i could go for more to the gym...
>>
If you don't find the right therapist it's gonna be hell.
Also unless you wanna put in psychiatric care, which is nothing like a mental hospital, don't tell them that you wanna kill yourself.
>>
>>39423714
I'll just copy from the thread that I've made:
>go to therapist
>tell him about my life and stuff
>tell him about what's going through my head
>tell him that for some reason I wanna be a girl
>"well anon, I'm really worried that you're an atheist"
So... yeah... I'm not going back.
>>
>don't go with female therapists
>don't think that they'll tell you anything else than what people already recommend

I.e. it usually doesn't help. If you are male, no one will help you and it's all on you to transform yourself into another person via career, social skills, getting /fit/ and a decent amount of believable bullshit about your past life.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.