[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suicide attempt stories

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: images(1).jpg (6KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images(1).jpg
6KB, 260x194px
What are your stories /r9k/? What happened before, during and after? Do you regret doing it, or do you regret living?

>holding all the pills in my hand.
>stalling
>"just do it, you know it is the right thing"
>stall more.
>finally work up the guts
>put all in my mouth
>spit some out
>swallow what I have in my mouth, then do the sane with the ones in my hand.
>bitter as fuck
>instantly panic
>what have I done
>panic fades
>realize what I have done
> euphoric happiness sets in.
>ever single ounce of pressure is finally off my chest.
>no more conflict
>no more embarrassment
>no more anxiety
>no mire pain
>happiest point in my life was during the potential end.
>lay back and wait to die happy.
>wake up in a hospital after being in a coma for a week.
>fuck.
>>
>>39421224
Does anyone dies of Pills overdose? Every time i read suicide attempts with pills they fucking survive
>>
>>39421258
Yeah, it was a bad choice. But it was right there, and I took three full bottles. It should have completely killed me, but because of some fucking joke, it didn't.
>>
>>39421347
What did you take?

I've never really had an actual suicide attempt, closest I got was tying a noose around my neck with a bedsheet.
>>
File: 1500019407407.jpg (32KB, 400x349px) Image search: [Google]
1500019407407.jpg
32KB, 400x349px
>bought gun to kill myself
>keep putting it off, trying to get better
>get into huge drunken fist fight with my older brother at my apartment
>he started the fight, put his hands on me first, and threw the first punch while my back was turned
>I get knocked unconscious, how to kill myself when I wake up
>call my Dad, tell him I love him
>lay down on my bed, crying uncontrollably, put gun up to my left temple, pull trigger
>nothing happens, didn't have the bullet in the chamber
>time to try again
>cock the gun, see the bullet in the chamber, it's time to die
>put gun up my left temple again, pull the trigger
>loudest noise of my entire life, bright white flash
>last thing I remember was the sound of the casing bouncing around the room

>wake up the next day alone, with my head covered in blood
>my hand wasn't steady enough, and I only grazed my scalp and left a long wound on the left side of my head
>see the bullet hole in my bedroom wall and stare at it for 3 hours straight

Sometimes I wonder if I didn't slip into a different timeline where I survived, and myself from that timeline actually died. There's just no way I missed.

it's crazy that no one called the cops after the gun went off. My neighbors definitely heard it.. I haven't had health insurance in years, so I didn't go to the ER.. Just wrapped a towel around my head and spend the next couple days nursing a mighty concussion

Saw my Dad a few days later and we had lunch. Told him I was finished with everything, thanked him for everything he's given me, but I was leaving my home.

I left my apartment and job and became homeless for the next 7 months. Spent over 2 of those months living on the beaches that just got owned by hurricane harvey

Not homeless any more, but I still struggle with depression/suicidal thoughts/alcoholism and every time I land a decent job I usually quit within 60 days and the cycle starts again.
>>
>>39421564
Holy fuck anon. How do you feel the day after? Do you regret about that attempt? Was seriously shit anon.
>>
>>39421602
Felt like I had been kicked in the head by a horse. I swear my IQ was chopped in half that day. Emotionally I was in shock and completely numb for about a month

I'm conflicted.. On one hand I regret even contemplating suicide because I know how much it would upset my Dad.. But on the other hand I wish I had died, so the people in my life could get away from the constant burdens I create and pass on to the people around me. I'm like a virus
>>
>>39421677
Shit. I knoe how you feel. Every single person who tried to love me and show me affect gets really hurted by me. I'm a virus too.
>>
>>39421677
Christ, hi me. I literally only do things in life and advance my career because for me its that or suicide so im not a burden, and suicide seems much better every now and then compared to this.
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (152KB, 633x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.jpg
152KB, 633x843px
Yeah, it's been almost 4 years now.
>get fired from a big job for perfectionism
>land a new job right away
> perfectionism sets in and I miss my first deadline
>don't even remember attempting
>wake up with black blood on my bedsheets and a bunch of angry emails asking where my work is
>roommate doesn't even notice that I've been passed out for a couple days
>never felt so sick, can barely drink water
>get fired again

It was a pretty eye opening experience. No one noticed or cared it seemed. It made me realize my death would be meaningless and forgotten. I saw a free councilor for a few months afterwards and she gave me some advice on getting over my perfectionism. It was still difficult to find a reason to live for the next year and it felt like it was impossible to experience pleasure. Life is better now but also my expectations are lower.
>>
>>39421744
>>39421709

When I hit rock bottom all I can think about is cutting my losses.. But then I land a new job and that makes me suddenly energizes me enough to make it through a few more weeks because it makes me feel like I won't be a burden anymore.. But I always quit my jobs after I realize what I hate about the job

Not having access to medical help due to ridiculous costs and lack of places that will help a young white male makes it all seem hopeless. At the end of the day I believe offing myself is inevitable

...but I really do fear I will just slip into another timeline of never ending suffering if I try it again. I swear, there's no way I missed. I should be dead
>>
>>39421815
>It was a pretty eye opening experience. No one noticed or cared it seemed. It made me realize my death would be meaningless and forgotten

That is exactly how I felt after I tried to shoot myself in the head. I woke up alone, with no missed calls, and spent the next 3 days all alone. No one gave a shit it seemed (besides my Dad)
>>
Not really a suicide attempt. Closest I ever got was driving 40 miles out to the bridge I planned to jump off of. Ended up just parking my car in a parking lot a couple miles away and sitting there for an hour before driving home. I immediately regretted not going through with it once I got home.

Since then I've become more miserable. With school having started, I can't take it anymore. I'm just killing time until sunrise and then I'm going back to do it right.
>>
File: IMG_0519.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0519.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>39421966
Yeah, it sort of demystified suicide for me. I guess I always imagined that people might feel guilty for how they treated me but it turns out people don't notice.
It sounds like you're still in a tough spot, I escaped mine after 2 years. Not that life has not been shitty from time to time but I feel like I understand that I am addicted to suffering and causing obstacles in my life. So now I allow myself to drift and not care from time to time.
I hope you find peace OP
>>
>>39421931

Readup on quantum immortality, dying just transfers you to the nearest parallel universe where you survived. No one ever experiences their own death
>>
>>39421224
If you live in America and you don't kill yourself with a gun you are fucking up

Hanging is a viable alternative for euros

Don't overdose on pills, that's some teenage shit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.