[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here get depressed when they think about how their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1280.jpg (31KB, 684x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1280.jpg
31KB, 684x576px
Anybody else here get depressed when they think about how their parents weren't successful in life? I know it isn't my fault, but the memories of seeing my parents struggle financially and being wageslaves for their whole life really does bring my mood down. I remember how my mom used to tell me she had dreams of becoming rich one day, only to end up as a heart monitor technician that made no more than $15 an hour, and seeing my dad laying around the house when no contractor had any work for him. It is bothersome...
>>
>>39420918
I don't see how that's supposed to affect you.
>>
>>39420930
youre supposed to look up to your parents and its more difficult to for them to appeear as sources of strength when they themselves are struggling
>>
>>39420918
i get this, fuck. i also wish my dad wasn't so hardened by his life, we have some moments sometimes but i want him to know i love him even though we're distant and have tough skin on the outside. they're happy though, i believe, truly. my dad always talks about winning the lottery one day even though he never plays and what he'd do to help us all, but he doesn't have to do any more than he's already done.
>>
>>39420918
I feel sad that I'll never be a generous, hardworking renaissance man like my father and grandfather. My mom grew up poor and wageslaved as an adult, she was a little like your parents.
>>
>>39421075
don't feel sad, it's a different time for different lives.
>>
>>39420986
Fucking this man. I'm OP By the way. You hit the bullseye. The moments I remember how they struggled physically, mentally, and financially had such an impact on me. I pray to god I get through all my bullshit and have my shit together before I meet the girl I love and decide to start a family. I don't want my kid to have to have those feelings of weakness I had looking at my parents.
>>
My parents making it big and then losing it all is what made me question whether working is worth it or not. Something about my parents getting RNG'd into financial success and then RNG'd into destitution made me feel like working hard is pointless and I'd rather just take life easy with minimal effort because working hard is meaningless and it's all mostly just luck and smarts.

Now I'm 30, never had a job.
>>
>>39421480
I am white and live in the UK.

I often wonder what would it be like to be black and live in Kenya or be brown and live in Bangladesh. I guess you only know what you know and if you were born elsewhere that would be your "normal" and you wouldn't feel aggrieved at not being born to a 1st world country. Still makes me wonder. My rng could've been a lot worse.
>>
File: 1499369455755.jpg (99KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1499369455755.jpg
99KB, 634x634px
>>39420918
Fuck them
>Dad was a chad and gratitude school as an engineer
>Mum was a dumb fuck and chose marketing instead of economics because muh friends
>Dad worked hard for a couple of years
>Then worked a couple of years in the government
>Got promoted by his aunt and was paid 2500$ plus
>Mum found a job in an architect office and was paid pretty good plus her boss is pretty decent even tho she talks shit about him
>They paid of our huge house a couple of years ago
>They can finance my sister going to gollege but not me
>As well my lazy other sister
>Tfw they never have any money for me
>>
File: 1503710503115.png (9KB, 649x570px) Image search: [Google]
1503710503115.png
9KB, 649x570px
>>39420918
Yes and being a failure in life also makes it worse
>>
I FUCKING hate my god damn loser dad,

the guy knew he was a fuckign idiot, he knew he failed out of highschool, he knew he had mental issues.

Anyone with half a brain would of said to themselves, uhh i better just stick to myself. My dad, nope. Dumb fuck runs out and says I Gotta Have a Family!!!!

and here i am

2 face, skinny fat, 90 IQ. I'd like to beat the shit out of that fucker. My mom i feel sort of bad for but she s a feminists so not really
>>
>>39420918
i dont feel bad for them.
dad spends money like it was burning up in his account and mom should have put some thought in before she had three kids with some dumbass and then cheat on him.
not guarding their legacy properly left them with a bordeline alcoholic, a robot and a dumb whore.
>>
>>39420918
What do you think is worse, OPs predicament or having successful parents that you will never be able to live up to?
>>
>>39422151
If you had successful and well adjusted parents there is a >99% chance you wouldn't be a robot.
>>
File: 1504083861812.png (2MB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1504083861812.png
2MB, 1504x1000px
I know exactly that feel, anon. I live in a thir world shithole and my parents works full day and getting paid the minimum. My mother has ten years without seeing her mom and I really know she want to go to visit her but she can't because of me. I've spend two years as a NEET and I feel very guilty, I want to leave home and stop being a hassle but finding a job here is pretty difficult; lately I've started thinking about suicide.
>>
>>39420918
Yeah. My dad is a mid level professional and my mom is an alcoholic layabout. My dad has been looking real sad and worn out.

I wish I was less of a disappointment.
>>
My mom has been poor and unhappy her whole life. She tried her best to make sure I was comfortable despite that, until she broke down sometime in my late middle school years. She's never been the same since. She even told me she's only alive because she knows I need her, and she loves me.
Sometimes I resent the neglect that came during her worst days, but most of all I just wish she was happy. Sometimes I think about her dying miserable, with me as her only source of happiness, and it makes me cry.
>>
>>39422151

if i had successful parents maybe they could arrange a nice job for someone as ugly as me. instead im stuck doing bullshit.
>>
>>39422412
If you had successful parents you probably wouldn't be ugly to begin with.
>>
>>39422472

that's true, you got me there.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.