[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you kill for once and for fucking all social anxiety,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

How can you kill for once and for fucking all social anxiety, and gain confidence?

I'm tired of this. Nothing has worked, I've already pushed myself, and it still creeps over me. What the fuck can you do?
>>
File: 1491841611560.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491841611560.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>39411823
It's never over my friend it might get better but it will always be there
>>
>>39411823
There has to be a drastic change in your life that forces you to break your fear. For me, joining the military helped. Of course
>>39413157
is right, it never fully goes away, but gets better. I haven't had a panic attack in 9 years when I used to get them daily.
>>
File: wallet.jpg (230KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
wallet.jpg
230KB, 1280x960px
For me simply being aware of social anxiety and then seeing it as a problem is enough for me to get over it when I want

It's just when I'm caught off guard or am not feeling all that good or aware of my surroundings.

But then if I want to eliminate the stress, I just drop the bar low on what is to be expected from me. No "Heeeey how are you? :D" bullshit, just acting really weird.

For the most part though people like me. They like me more when I'm unapologetically weird and obnoxious. They see it as a nice change from someone who always looks sad and is kept to themself.
>>
Stop being afraid and a pussy.

>Nothing has worked

you already know that's a lie.
>>
>>39413336
>joining the military
What branch, anon?
>>
>>39413336
>There has to be a drastic change in your life that forces you to break your fear.

This. I got my nightmare job in a busy retail store on cash register. I have to talk face to face, eye to eye with around 400 - 600 people per day after being on 4chan in my house for the past 3 years or so.

After working there for around 4 months I had essentially adapted to my new persona where I dont care about the words that come out of my mouth, I just say the words that come to my head and roll with it even if i stutter. It was a weird mix of depersonalisation, disassociation and nihilism which came as a coping mechanism of being thrown into the fire of my biggest anxiety on the very first day for 8 hours straight. During those months I had been insulted, laughed at, giggled at and teased, shouted at, forced to take accountability and endure constant confrontation every day, by both staff and customer. It actually felt like I had the autism beaten out of me, Obviously it isnt as bad or intense as military, its merely a job but for my specific circumstance and brain chemistry this job is hell for me.

I started to dissassociate the words from my mouth with my physical and mental self. so when I speak or write now it doesnt feel like me anymore and therefore no more 'fear' in this sense.

Yup
>>
>>39411823
nofap and not being a little bitch. if you are drinking a lot 24/7 stop that.
>>
>>39413571
Air Force. Granted that's the most pussy branch to join, but the point is that leaving your comfort zone and seeing that the world didn't fall apart helps fight anxiety.

Of course you don't have to join the military to get a similar effect that will get the ball rolling. What ever you do, the process will probably take years before you become something near normal.
>>
>>39411823
a good partnership with mr jim beam worked for me
>>
>>39413732
During those months I had been insulted, laughed at, giggled at and teased, shouted at, forced to take accountability and endure constant confrontation every day, by both staff and customer

Please tell. I am already afraid just by imagining stuff.
>>
>>39413923
>giggled at
insecure teen girls came in and were buying underwear, they were giggling and joking with eachother the whole time that I was scanning the one girls panties, they didnt even give a shit that I could hear them or realise that I scan underwear everyday and they are blowing it out of proportion. One of the girls was just staring at me with a smirk/grin the whole time and shit like that makes me uncomfortable as fuck.

>laughed at
middle aged couple laughing and making sarcastic remarks regarding my speed of scanning and bagging (which is the same or faster than all the other cashiers so they're just being retarded) while responding in an extremely patronizing way to everything I said

>insulted
told my hair is ugly, called a manlet, told I smell despite showering and using deodorent.

>shouted at
neurotic woman who saw me misfold one item which created a small crease, she flipped out, made me call a supervisor and wanted to re-fold all her clothes herself.

also all my racial biases have just been perpetuated at this point
>>
>>39411823
You don't not even my alpha dad could kill his social anxiety. He says that whenever he's out in public he feels uncomfortable and want's to punch people in the face. I still wonder how he manages to bring women home.
>>
>>39414270
>told my hair is ugly, called a manlet, told I smell despite showering and using deodorant.

What kind of person was he? Who says that?

>also all my racial biases have just been perpetuated at this point
Against what races?
>>
File: august032017-1.jpg (51KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
august032017-1.jpg
51KB, 465x700px
>>39411823
>How can you kill for once and for fucking all social anxiety, and gain confidence?
Sex tourism to South East Asia
>>
>>39414414

What kind of person was he? Who says that?
haha, all separate people: one was customer, one was coworker and the smell was from a manager who supposedly got a complaint about me and advised me to use more deodorent in a performance review.

Against what races?
I see a lot of people, but for like 80% of people all the sterotypes ingrainedinto the minds of society are actually true

Oh i just remembered something from my first day
>5 loud african men come on
>buy a tonne of blazers and shirts
>total is 300 or so
>pays in cash
>want to make sure i dont get short changed so count it twice
>they begin to insult my intelligence and ask if i went to school because they think its taking long
>fuck up the cash register input because I received literally 5 minutes of training
>co-worker has to step in and save my ass
>they take their bags and leave after effectively calling me retarded one last time

I completely forgot about that one, fuck this i'm quitting next week.
>>
>>39411823
Go to the gym, seriously. I was a 6ft 2 skelebro and couldn't lift whatsoever. I started gyming it with another nerd friend and his other friend who was also a nerd but had been lifting for a good few years and was pretty muscley. I've been going for two years now and my confidence has skyrocketed. Find someone who knows what they're doing in the gym and get them to teach you, you will never look back. Once you're initial gym awkwardness is out the way you will wonder why you were ever awkward in the first place.
>>
>>39414879
>Go to the gym
Nice meme
>>
>>39414879
>yeah bro i'm 6'2 just gotta go the gym like me!

every time
>>
>>39411823
Serious question but why are only ugly people the ones with social anxiety? You will literally never see a hot girl scared of talking or a Chad. Is social anxiety brought about through nurture and not nature? I remember being pretty popular in like elementary school. Had lots of friends in middle school and then high school I was suddenly hit with huge anxiety and couldn't function.
>>
File: 1368045176213.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1368045176213.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>39411823
Exposure therapy is the only way, or abusing drugs but obviously the last one isn't a true 'cure'. You need to put yourself into situations because situations will never appear out of nowhere. You might need a big change or revelation to have the motivation to perform this exposure therapy though. Gym and getting fit can help push you a little bit.
>>
File: 1489290859210.jpg (37KB, 315x449px) Image search: [Google]
1489290859210.jpg
37KB, 315x449px
>>39415068
I'm good looking and I was very popular in high school. When I went to university I began to develop social anxiety and it spiralled downwards from there.
>>
>>39415030
Huh? I literally looked straight out of aushwitz. Height means nothing if you're a skeleton. Also smaller people can get ripped way easier so you have no excuse.
>>
Confidence is gained, its not a mental state

If you have a reason to be confident, you can be confident
>>
>>39415151
Same here although I fit in in elementary school and went off the rails in high school. Had raging acne along with being a borderline skeleton, which fucked up my self esteem in a huge way. Even after it cleared up halfway through junior year (Accutane) I was already permanently a social retard and believed I was hideous and made zero effort to socialize with girls. Literally couldnt speak to a female.

FWD to where I get a job for a property management company. Basically spend all day knocking on the doors of strangers, determining what their issue is at their place and making repairs. Had to go from talking to no one to having no idea who or what was on the other side of the door I just knocked on and having to communicate with a dozen different people every day. After a while, it becomes relatively easy,
Along with that, I started making an effort to talk to people in the real world. Started with easy shit like making eye contact and just saying hello to an elderly woman in a supermarket, making a quick comment to a guy in line at the bank, shit like that. It becomes easier and as you start to feel more at ease around people, you sort of blend in better and people see you as being more normal.
>>
>>39411823
You can't get rid of it. You can cope with drugs though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.