[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss being a child. Share positive childhood memories anons.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

File: wizard.png (70KB, 852x944px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
70KB, 852x944px
I miss being a child. Share positive childhood memories anons.
>>
Most of my memories can only be expressed as bullet points, rather than stories.

>Being in school on a Friday, standing around all your friends and waiting for the bell to ring

>Still believing it was Santa who brought the Game Boy Advance and Pokemon Crystal

>Being unable to sleep, so getting up and watching TV with the volume at 1 so you didn't wake anyone up and being up that late made it seem like you were in an alternate world

>When it was Summer and just watching TV all day felt kind of like an adventure of its own
>>
File: No priorities feel.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
No priorities feel.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>39403582
That's acceptable as well :)
>>
All I really remember from being a child was thinking it'd get better once I was an adult.

It didn't.
>>
I was molested by my uncle
>>
I remember one time my dad came home and my mom said to him, 'is there anything you won't drink?'. He said 'poison, I'm saving it for you!'. Good times.
>>
>>39403419
>>When it was Summer and just watching TV all day felt kind of like an adventure of its own
fuck yeah
>>
I remember being told that life is better as an adult - regardless of me being a NEET for 8 years, I don't really look at anyone's life with envy because I still think childhood is the best it can get.
>>
>>39403582

>>When it was Summer and just watching TV all day felt kind of like an adventure of its own

can't relate. my beaner ass worked during summer
>>
>>39403680
oopsss, i blame being tired
>>
Don't make me cry OP.

>first christmas gift from santa
>learning to tie my shoes
>reading Asterix comics
>racing with friends to see who was the fastest kid

I regret playing so much vidya in my youth and missing out on growing up properly but I guess it was nobody's fault.
>>
File: pepe.png (10KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
10KB, 212x237px
>watching ninja turtles on tv on saturday morning while eating frozen pizza
>>
File: 1472373053524.jpg (430KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472373053524.jpg
430KB, 1280x720px
Looking back at it, I know I was a relatively obedient, well-mannered child, but on several occasions I've been needlessly rude to some children, especially girls. I wish I could go back and repay them with same kindness and love that they showed to me. Maybe my first innocent love wouldn't slip through my fingers if I weren't such an autist.
Feels really bad, man.
>>
I loved school, so most of my memories are about it.

>The last day of school before Winter Break and there's a mood in the air
>Talking to everyone about Christmas before the bell rings
>Say goodbye to everyone, knowing the break will be really fun, but also excited knowing that you'll get to go back to school and hang out with everyone after

I MISS SCHOOL SO DAMN MUCH
>>
>>39403845
This. I might be a bit younger, but Saturdays had the Fox Box morning cartoons... i miss those...
>>
>>39403419
>December 25, 1998
>be 7
>Christmas morning and as usually im HYPED as fuck
>Been begging parents for a trampoline all year long
>wake up super early to peep "Santa's stash" before everyone wakes up
>pretty large, wrapped box with my name on it
>lightly shake it
>rather large sounding thuds from inside
>put it back and go wake up my younger sister to get her HYPED as well
>she just glanced in the living room and walks back to bed
>fuckthis.jpg
>burst through parents door with the force of my youth
>"Santa came! Get up!"
>skip to present opening
>get to large box from before
>parents watch knowingly
>fucking shred the wrapping paper off
>It's a Nintendo 64
>Ocarina of Time
>Mortal Kombat 4
>WWE VS NWO: World Tour
>Loose my shit
It was probably my most memorable childhood Christmas! It also shaped my future, into becoming a gamer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNW9TAwImBY

Sometimes I can't handle it
>>
File: 1503144493048.jpg (98KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
1503144493048.jpg
98KB, 430x350px
>The long autumn evenings eating comfy strong food and watching Black Books that dad bought
>Summers and being out in nature, feeling medieval
>Being out on the summer island cottage
>Jumping from cliffs, swimming
>Making little clay statues out of the soft sea floor
>Catching little fishies in my hands (Still don't know how the fuck I managed to do this)
>Spring and running home from school
>Excited because birdsong and that means school's out soon
>Comfy christmas where all the family gathers around our favorite grandparent and proceed to eat ourselves to death
>Running around the forests where I live, just living in imaginary worlds

could go on desu. I have really, really strong nostalgia for almost every moment of my childhood, but separately for each moment for some reason. Gets stronger when dude weed lmao for some reason, which is a main reason I still use it

>tfw lost forever
>can only attempt to recreate the euphoria
>>
File: 1500514984435.gif (111KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
1500514984435.gif
111KB, 1027x731px
>catching a cold, making you miss a day of school, so you just play games and watch tv all day
>learning to do chores so you could get your first allowance
>getting happy when you realize your homework is really easy today so you just have to do it real quick and you're done
>when mom bought cookies when she went grocery shopping
>seeing what mom put on the birthday cake based on your recent obsessions (cars, dinosaurs, superheroes)
>leaving school without any homework to do
>daydreaming about growing up, wondering what grown ups do and being blissfully unaware of what dull excuse of a life you'll live by then

>>39403948
heartwarming
>>
Every moment spent alone.
>>
File: wojakback.jpg (5KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
wojakback.jpg
5KB, 236x285px
>>39403959
Giving people this much nostalgia should be illegal.
>>
>Go to school
>Go home and play video games until i get sick
that was my life for 19 years, now im bored of video games
>>
How the fuck does one have a good childhood and end up on /r9k/? Personally I'm glad it's over, I'd honestly rather kill myself than become a child again.
>>
>>39404086
Good moments do not a good childhood make. Or a mentally healthy person, by extension.
>>
>>39404028
Missed something
>going to the school book fair and looking at the Guinness Book of World Records AND Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets
I really want that school book fair feeling back.

>>39404086
Fucking up in middle/high school, academically or otherwise
>>
>it was a weekday
>not sure why I wasn't in school, probably a holiday or something
>pokemon diamond and pearl had just come out
>it's the early-mid morning
>light is streaming in through the windows of my childhood home's living room
>everything was just so bright, the aesthetic alone was enough to make me feel happy
>I was watching Regis and Kelly (loved that show. No fuckin idea why, it was just vapid nonsense.) and pacing around my living room
>trying to find a shiny shinx with the pokeradar
>be dumb kid and keep breaking chains at like 34
>dad finally wakes up, asks what I'm doing awake
>explain that I woke up early and that I'm having a good time on my new game he got me
>dad takes me to breakfast and then grocery store for snacks
>I got cheese-its and Jones soda berry lemonade
>spent the rest of the day snacking on my cheeseits and sodas, this time sliding around the wood floor of the living room in my socks
>had a great day, but never did find that shinx

I miss that house and my family deeply
>>
File: IMG-20170626-WA0047.jpg (71KB, 465x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170626-WA0047.jpg
71KB, 465x557px
>be small kind-of-slav me
> Live in a rural area, big yard, some animals
> One garden is surrounded by a stick fence
>Be visited by two cousins who lived nearby
> Go in garden, build houses from sticks
> Use pebbles as people
> Idea strikes
> Make tiny trebuchet
> Aim at cousin's big ass palace
> It's a hit. Tower falls. I rejoice. He's pissed but impressed.
>TFW you will never be happy playing real life equivalent of RTS with sticks and stones.
It really used to be better lads
>>
>>39404086
this

It's been getting better since I left home
>>
>>39404149
>Real life RTS
Motherfucker... Used to do this in the sandbox in 1st grade
>>
>>39404166
Life was simple back then. The fact that I used to spend my entire day just building shit from sticks made me very happy. And that feeling of pure joy is something I never managed to get after my father died a long time ago. There's always something in the back of my head that comes up when I try to just relax.
>>
>>39403948
Not "loose" "lose my shit." *
>>
>>39403419

> Summer; spending all day every day playing with these two cute blonde girls who lived in my neighborhood.
>>
File: 1502214142830.png (558KB, 502x674px) Image search: [Google]
1502214142830.png
558KB, 502x674px
>>39404217
I'm honestly fucking pining for a son just so I can play and build awesome shit with him in the forest and go on adventures

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
My childhood was a cavalcade of rejection and confusion. My only good times were sitting inside watching TV. Some girls pitied me but eventually left me alone because they realised I was different.
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 1209x851px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 1209x851px
>2001 im around 5-6 years old first Hary potter movie was a big hit
>really into magic and wizards stuff
>lived in a rural area always made "potions" for fun as i was poor and had no toys
>used weird af ingredients such as next door neighbor urine.
>one potion was garlic smashed, one egg, around 50 ants,bit of piss and i let it ferment in the small shed we had.
>forgot about it for a while lil sister finds the potion pickes it up and takes a whiff she instantly vomited.
it was pretty funny but i got into alotta trouble that day
>>
>wake up late in the morning
>freak out that I'm late for school
>quickly realise it's Saturday
>go back to sleep happy
>wake back up in the afternoon
Take me back.
>>
>Small glances from girls
>Immedeatly think they're interested and you'll find your first gf
>they become oneitis for about a year
>Rejection
Rinse and repeat dozens of times

>Pretending to be a hockey world champion playing on the dirt road with random hockey sticks you found in the barn
>Cycling miles in a day
>Playing soldier with sticks in the woods
>>
>>39404276
By 'different' do you mean 'utterly boring' or 'sperging retard'?
>>
>>39404357
A bit of both. They couldn't understand my Aspergers and bullied me incessantly.
>>
Loving this thread. Wish these came around more often.
>>
>>39404276
Same here. I'm afraid of women to this dayl.
>>
File: helbful bost.jpg (8KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
helbful bost.jpg
8KB, 255x204px
>playing mario kart with my brothers on friday afternoons after school
>going to school clubs with friends
>telling jokes with friends and pranking each other at lunch time
>summer holidays feeling like they lasted forever
>girl who had a crush on me asked me out for leavers dance

I would gladly trade my life for just 1 day of that happiness again.
>>
File: 1488897926586.jpg (68KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1488897926586.jpg
68KB, 658x662px
>wen mome usd to succ ur phemoses
>>
>Make-believing that if I climbed through a certain hedge through the hollowed out section I'd come out in a magic world.
>Playing 'tennis' indoors with my brother one morning with the room filled with the red sunlight of dawn.
>Mummy coming home from the supermarket, a rush of excitement to see what goodies she got us.
>Mummy coming home from the city bringing a bag of Jaffas for us.
>Sitting in class on the floor listening to the teacher read childrens' books, with a student sitting behind me picking lint from my jumper, giving me ASMR (wouldn't know the term until many years later).
>Watching the first series of Lexx for the first time. (This is more teenage years, do they count as childhood?)
>>
File: images (8).jpg (24KB, 468x314px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
24KB, 468x314px
>watching Wonder years

Oh ffs i was so normal back in the 90's
>>
>>39404827

>Being in love with Penny.

Another very pleasant memory.
>>
File: degrassi-junior-high.jpg (125KB, 1086x723px) Image search: [Google]
degrassi-junior-high.jpg
125KB, 1086x723px
>>39404868

..and by Penny I mean Winnie (It was really a very late 80's\early 90's thing, so I caught the tail end).

Here's another one, though there were lots of less than positive feels mixed in with this.
>>
I know I had good memories but it's all such a blur now. It's like all the bad memories drown them out, and I'm so concentrated on adult shit that it's all getting replaced. It's a weird way to explain it but I just can't pull up any particularly positive childhood memory
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.