[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a link between low IQ and happiness?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7700.jpg (48KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7700.jpg
48KB, 600x877px
is there a link between low IQ and happiness?
>>
What a dickhead lol
>>
>>39401310
Pretty sure retards are extremely unhappy compared to those of superior intelligence desu. Smart people may have greater insight into their own feelings, but retards are just plain unhappy and can't even rationalize it.
>>
Of course not, being stupid sucks dick.
>>
>>39401310
Lol he have head like penis so embarrassing
>>
>>39401310
well, a smart person would have higher impact on their environment, but anyone can learn to just accept and lead a happy life. it's a really subjective topic
>>
>>39401310
there is a different approach to the abstract concept of happiness.
>>
>>39401310
People with low intelligence are able to assess small scales only, but they still have problems because they arent able to see the whole picture. They achieve their peak performance with simple things.
People high on intelligence are able to examine more possibilities, but their ability to see broad situation sometimes is simply unnecessary because of being outclassed or lower productivity with simple things.
My advice? Just find things that are appropriare to you and your interests, no matter how """degenerate""" they are. Or exclude yourself from society at all.
To be unconditionally happy you gotta became a brain-damaged retard, but such outcome isnt an easiest option to get.
>>
my bf is dumb as rocks and is depressed most of the time
>>
There is a correlation, it has been shown. However, /r9k/ mistakenly thinks that because they are unhappy, it's because they are smart. Most /r9k/ posters are pretty dumb.
>>
I have "superior" intelligence and I'm happy with simple things. There must be a sweet spot where you're dumb and happy, but I guess somewhere in between you have people who are just smart enough to realize they're stupid and it must be depressing.
>>
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-correlation-between-intelligence-and-happiness
The correlation is positive. Notice how it only mentioned negative outcomes in smart people with IQ 135+. That might make it sound like there's a certain point where you can be too intelligent for happiness, but consider that these people make up less than 1% of the population. This tells us a lot less than the data for IQ 70-99, which correlates highly to unhappiness. I don't know if I would trust reports from someone with a sub-70 IQ.

Also, smart people tend to be better at managing money, which means they can make themselves rich with a lot less effort than others. Don't tell me money would make anyone unhappy. *wrings hands at you*
>>
>>39401310
why don't you look at famous physicists and other people you find smart and tell me if they're happy
>>
Having an IQ so low that it impacts your ability to function in society would suck.

I think the sweet spot would be about 100-110, smart enough to not be held back by low intelligence, but not so high that you constantly feel like you're surrounded by retards.
>>
>>39401609
Read anything about Einstein, Feynman, or Stephen Hawking. Especially Stephen Hawking.
>tfw 2smart to be unhappy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.