[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw not funny

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9952.png (227KB, 644x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9952.png
227KB, 644x812px
What makes people funny? How are some people so witty? I'm so boring. Can you learn to be funny by listening to lots of stand up comedians? Who else knows this feel?
>>
My jokes rarely been funny, lately i made some good jokes, people laughed. My mother's and brother's jokes are always bad, i feel huge pity for them because of that. I cry the tears of joy when they do something witty.
>>
>>39395831
people have to want to laugh. if they make it a point to be against you theres no chance.
>>
>>39395831
I'm a funny guy and I can tell you.

>What makes people funny?

Observations, exaggerations, sarcasm, evoking images in people's minds, and imitations.

> How are some people so witty?

It's a defense mechanism or something that they adopted early on as a way to make friends.

>I'm so boring. Can you learn to be funny by listening to lots of stand up comedians?

You can definitely learn what is humor and how it works as well as how people approach it differently (and how many more people always do the same thing), but you have to come up with your own style unless you want to forever be recycling other people's jokes.

There's also a difference between stand-up comedy and just being a funny guy. There are loads of people who are great comedians that are painfully serious in everyday life, and likewise loads of funny guys who bomb on stage.
>>
>>39396187
Thank you for the advice anon i will look info it
>>
>>39396187
>something they adopted early on as a way to make friends.
how do you know me so whell
>>
>>39395831
I can only be funny with people I know really well. With total strangers I'm a fucking damp rag.
>>
I attribute my sense of humor to low self esteem and lack of acceptance from most people.
Was always fat, dumb, and awkward in school and all my friends were the same. I wanted people to like me so I did whatever I could to impress them and when you're a kid being counts for something.
You're probably just too likable. I've heard most comedians were/are outcasts and "weird" types. You probably fit the criteria for a robot but you probably aren't actually all that weird.
>>
>>39396543
>when you're a kid being funny** counts for something.
Also worth noting that it didn't work and they never liked me. But they did laugh at my jokes!!
>>
File: 1477881241141.png (575KB, 1108x878px) Image search: [Google]
1477881241141.png
575KB, 1108x878px
>>39395831
>2017
>trying to be funny
Everyone's mildly autistic nowadays. That's why no one is considered funny.
I bet, you'd be a "funny" guy, if you'd be surrounded by actual human beings.
>>
>>39396663
agreed 100%. I'm hilarious but no one laughs at my jokes. It must be their fault.
>>
File: 1487980369430.png (165KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1487980369430.png
165KB, 327x316px
>>39396704
That is not what i meant.
>>
File: IMG_3272.jpg (38KB, 508x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3272.jpg
38KB, 508x566px
>>39395831
Every single joke you've heard someone make and thought "Wow, that's witty, I wish I could come up with jokes on the spot like that" has been told by that same person at least 20 times in the past. Every joke people make they've made before, it's why we can come up with them so quickly.
>>
>>39395831
every funny guy went through a phase where they watched nothing but comedy central for a year.

to bad all they show is daily lemon with don quixote now.
>>
I don't know, people say I'm funny.
What I learned was you're going to have about 10 years of constant failure before you get anywhere good with being witty and after that it comes naturally.
Don't tell jokes, insert humor into your rhetoric. Or don't, I don't even know if I'm actually funny or not.
>>
>>39396812
Are we talking about like a knock knock joke here? Most jokes are based entirely on the context of that specific conversation. I can rarely re-use any of the jokes I've made in any conversation but the one I used it in originally.
>>
>>39397154
you have a funny mans neuroticism. like a michael cera or seth rogen.
>>
>>39395831
Unironically, a high IQ.
>>
>>39397177
Know how many times I've been compared to both of those guys?
Fuck man, sometimes I don't wanna be that guy because people think I'm joking when I'm not.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.