[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: adadsaa.jpg (10KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
adadsaa.jpg
10KB, 259x195px
redpill me on your alcohol addiction. How bad did it went for you?

I started vomiting a lot blood in my sleep 4 months ago caused by esophagus damage and quit drinking immediately. Now im starting slowly again and need something to creep me off.
>>
How much did you drink before the esophagus damage? I usually get drunk every friday and/or saturday and maybe have a beer after work on one or two workdays a week. Is this bad? I never get drunk if I have something to do the next morning.
>>
>>39384849

I'm drinking to die. 70 cl of vodka yesterday, 20 bottles of beer today
>>
OP that esophageal damage likely means end stage cirrhosis. It is an ugly and uncomfortable way to die.

t. Guy with liver transplant due to alcoholic cirrhosis, over 20 yrs sober now
>>
File: 1486435276310.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486435276310.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>vodka every day
>for a month
>decide to quit cold turkey because I felt like shit
>at first start getting uncomfortable and sick
>after a day of vomiting my guts out i fall asleep
>wake up to the scariest shit ever
>thought I was dying, almost couldnt move
>hallucinate voices, people, and all sorts of fucked up shit
>all while thinking its real
>this goes on for 2 days
>2 days of no sleep and not leaving the house
>eventually decide to call the ambulance because Im getting tired of all the shit
>thought I was going insane
>after sleeping for an eternity in the hospital I'm fine
>never touch alcohol again
>just seeing the number 42 makes me want to vomit
>>
I've been drinking since age 17. I'm 29 now. During the ages of 19-25 I was drinking like 5 times a week and blacking out 50% of the time. In my circle of friends this was normal. If you drink, do it twice a week and responsibly. Not doing so can really fuck up your life. This isn't the kind of thing anyone teaches you in school. They just tell you not to drive drunk so you don't run over a baby or whatever.
>>
DONT FALL FOR THE ALCOHOL MEME
>>
I drink alone every day. I got no friends and no hobbies so what else am I supposed to do?
>>
>>39384938

i drank only one year, like every day 4-6 beer. i was very shocked it can happen so fast. Even doctors where surprised.
>>
>>39385521
>4-6 beers a day for a year
Thats quite a lot though
>>
>>39385177

could you fully recover of it? did you checked your liver?
>>
>>39385548
I'm alright now, the liver regenerates faster than you think
>>
I started drinking on a daily basis when I was 21. I'm 29 right now, and had some nasty episodes of alcohol withdrawal. There were times that I was so reliant on alcohol that even if I skipped a day, it could lead to a horrible consecuences, like incontrolable anxiety that escalates to a night of painful symptoms like the shakes (and even convulsions), racing heartbeat, tight chest/difficulty to breath, numbness on limbs, pain in some parts of the body.
I had to prescribed with benzos twice, buy stopped tanking them as they made me too drowsy, and as potentially as addictive as alcohol.
I still drink, and suffer from anxiety spikes with some the aforementioned symptoms (although on much smaller intensity) from time to time, and lately I've been experiencing sleep paralysis.
I really need to stop or lower consuption to acceptable levels, enough so I can sleep at night without needing alcohol or pills.

TLDR; Yeah it sucks.
>>
File: b55.jpg (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
b55.jpg
266KB, 1024x768px
>>39384849
I am an alcoholic and drug addict, went to rehab. Used to drink the equivalent of a six pack (bare minimum) everyday, plus coke through all the day, plus a fuckton of other shit.

Been clean some days because I started skipping my work to use 24/7.

When you use 24/7 you're in a world of shit. Withdrawal is hard, shaking and trembling and not being able to focus sucks.

Been to the psych ward for psychosis, been to rehab, been to ER, failed suicide twice, been in stupid situations related to being intoxicated.
>>
>>39384955
Won't kill you anon I drank 1.5 litres of vodka , bottle of mad dogg and various beers 5-7 days a week for 8-10 months and I'm still alive
>>
>>39385825

Except when it doesn't. They still don't understand why the liver regenerates, or why it can either start or stop regeneration.

t. Liver transplant guy
>>
>>39385993

And cirrhosis means scarring--which is permanent. Best you can hope for without a transplant is that the blood supply reroutes through the liver in ways that don't stress the esophagus and other major systems.
>>
These all sound terrible thank god I never fell for the drinking meme. Alcohol isn't that great to me I like smoking weed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.