[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Formula For Success

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pewds flowers.jpg (26KB, 612x344px) Image search: [Google]
pewds flowers.jpg
26KB, 612x344px
So I've spent a lot of time reading biographies of really successful people. I don't mean like your cousin who's a dermatologist, I mean the 'legend' types who are famous for being good at something.

The common denominators I've noticed are:

1. They knew what they liked really early.

This is probably the single biggest common denominator. All these 'famous for being successful' people had a passion that they were obsessed with by like age 10 at the latest, and they stuck with it.

2. They worked a fuckton.

Basically everybody who's famous for achievements is a workaholic. It comes up in every single bio I've read on the topic. They're all 100 hour a weekers, minimum.

3. If factor #1 or #2 is absent they were probably born rich or are insanely lucky.

I'm not kidding, everyone who's world class at something knew what they wanted at age 6 and has been working 100 hours a week at it for at least a decade. If you think you know an exception, I can almost guarantee you they're just some rich kid with connected parents. All the ho-hum hollywood stars who are famous but not especially talented are in this category.

It seems presumptuous to think you've found the formula for success, but I'm really pretty sure "get started young and work an obscene amount" is close.

The takeaway?

About half of this formula is inside your control, and half outside it. Whether you had a passion at a young age that you're still working on is decided at this point. But you have the ability to influence whether you'll be working a fuckton to for the rest of your life. So while you likely won't become a Warren Buffett or Steve Jobs tier achiever, you could probably turn your life around and maybe even do better than average, by working a fuckton.

It seems that spending huge amounts of time working is really crucial to this whole 'success' thing.
>>
It's weird you posted a picture that goes against your post.
>>
File: 1503944360830.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503944360830.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>39384457
>1. They knew what they liked really early.
By early on I lost all my passions for shit because I realized I was retarded and shit at absolutely everything I tried. That, along with only negative reinforcement from parents and peers telling me I was bad at everything I tried which only further ruined any passion or aspirations I had.
>2. They worked a fuckton.
Not even gonna try to lie, I'm a lazy idiot with no motivation or drive to do anything; I can hardly even focus for longer than a few minutes.

I guess being a robot prevents you from being successful.
>>
in this case the word "work" is a mysterious euphemism for something else in which we have no idea what it means.

i agree with point number 1. you need to find your shit, your career, your skill early, as in some time in your 20s.

i knew i wanted to farm at an early age. i tried growing marijuana, succeeded at that. but now both of those have been hijacked by the state if you haven't noticed.

maybe you haven't seen one of the billion documentaries on farming, but lets just say it ain't what it used to be.
>>
>>39384457
Disproving your point:
>female fashion vloggers
>female vidya streamers
>females on patreon
>female camwhores
Unless you count "being female" as knowing what you want to do from an early age and count "being female constantly" as working a fuck ton to be that thing
>>
No shit. Heres more

>Have an attractive face. People will automatically like the way you look and treat you better.
>Have a comfortable amount of money so that you never struggle
>Get top 0.01% lucky
>>
>>39384457
>m not kidding, everyone who's world class at something knew what they wanted at age 6 and has been working 100 hours a week at it for at least a decade.

Yeah, they totally wouldn't lie to appear better than they are, right?

I mean, look at all those millionare chinese who work 100 hours a week for a cent per hour.
>>
to be honest, luck is number 1

when you get a wave of good luck, you have to ride it and hope you reach the other side before the tide goes out

your skill will contribute greatly, but the initial push is luck and chance. to be truly lucky is the best and most powerful asset someone could ever have
>>
>>39384658
They're passionate about making content and making money out of saps similar to you.
>>
>>39385045

Well I listed two factors for a reason. 100 hours a week of work with bottom decile luck isn't gonna turn a shit sandwich into a horde of gold and diamonds. But I'd say if you combine factor 1 that I listed with the 100 hours a week of work, you'd be doing pretty well. Of course luck, looks, social skills and everything else will factor into this shit to. I'm just trying to simplify the whole thing down to the two most important factors.
>>
>>39385589

Luck is an extremely vague and slippery concept. In a certain sense, literally everything that happens in your life is luck; in another sense, almost nothing is luck.

You can say that 'everything in life is luck' using this simple argument: your birth circumstances are luck, and they determine just about everything.

You can say that 'nothing in life is luck' using this simple argument: everything has a cause, and you're the only long run common denominator in your life.

Both arguments are valid, even though they're arguing opposite sides of an issue. The reason this is possible is because a key term in the question at hand ("how much of your life outcomes are a product of luck?") is vague. It may be defined dozens of different ways.
>>
>>39385589
There was some british show that studied luck.
TL;DW of it is that people who consider themselves unlucky never took chances and didn't notice things in their surroundings that could benefit them.
People who consider themselves lucky did the opposite, they always took chances and were paying attention to their surroundings.

You make your own luck.

Also, this >>39385721
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.