[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you get tired of life in a big city?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0945.jpg (448KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0945.jpg
448KB, 2560x1600px
Would you get tired of life in a big city?
>>
>>39384191
You don't get tired of life in a place. You get tired of life. No matter how many changes of scenery you get.
>>
I sure as hell wouldn't get tired of life in a big city as I have in my shit town where there's nothing to do.
>>
>>39384205
speak for yourself, depressionfag
>>
File: seething.jpg (78KB, 747x456px) Image search: [Google]
seething.jpg
78KB, 747x456px
>>39384191
Not really. There's always things to do and new places to explore. The only thing I don't like is my city gets quite cold in the winter.
>pic related, I took it from the living room of my apartment
>>
>>39384298

Where is this? Almost looks like Russia or something in the foreground but the background looks like Chicago?
>>
yeah i'm tried of it.

in cities people don't acknowledge each other in passing, effectively, everyone just ignores each other, afraid to pop someone else's comfort zone.
>>
File: mjqo1_1280.jpg (44KB, 627x910px) Image search: [Google]
mjqo1_1280.jpg
44KB, 627x910px
>>39384191
I'm tired of it and I have never even lived there.
>Extremely high cost of living
>Have to live in a shithole aprtment that costs twice as much as a 2000sqft house outside of city
>If you are a car enthusiast fuck you. You car costs much more to own, fuel and will get broken into regularly. Have to pay insane amounts to park it anywhere. Can't work on your own car in the city.
>Get mugged on the reg
>Smelly alcoholic panhandlers everywhere
>City smells like literal shit.
>Public transport is full of creeps and is cramped and loud. Will get pickpocketed regularly.
>Traffic adds several hours to your workday unpaid.
How do cityfags do it?
>>
Probably not as fast as I do living in a small town or rural area. There's much more to distract yourself with.
>>
>>39384298
damn that looks fucking awesome.

What country do you live in?
>>
>>39384323
It's Hull in the UK
>>
>>39384191

I already am. Wish I lived in a rural area desu, city life is pretty shit unless you're some "I wanna be where the action is" Reddit normalfag.
>>
>>39384333
but that sounds comfy, anon
>>
File: tokyobynight2.jpg (113KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
tokyobynight2.jpg
113KB, 650x360px
>>39384191
I live in Tokyo in something like your pic
It does get to you. The soullessness of everything.

You need to build strong relationships to remind yourself of your humanity. And get out of the city now and then.
>>
no; i do right now and it's pretty comfy
>>
>>39384538
How did you get there? Have you been accepted yet? Are the gaijins more elitistic and snobbish than the tokyo niggas?

Would you come back?
>>
The only people who want to live in the city are people who don't actually fucking live in one.
Cities suck. They REALLY fucking suck. Lived in one my entire life and having to be around niggers/spics, the horrible smell, the soullessness, the noise, the traffic, it's fucking terrible.
Stay wherever the fuck you are. The city is only a burden on your already crappy life.
>>
>>39384412
>>39384430
>>39384323
I live in Chicago. You can see the Sears/Willis/Whatever tower on the left.
>>
I moved from a small town that refuses to grow to a "big city." Everything is better here.
>>
File: 1500450223091.jpg (26KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1500450223091.jpg
26KB, 540x405px
>>39384576
>How did you get there? Have you been accepted yet?
Paid to study at language school. Plan is to go to college after and get a job.
Am asian and my Japanese has no accent so people think I'm Japanese. There is a difference before and after. They sort of mollycoddle you when they find out you're a gaijin. Any gaijin speaking Japanese = nihongo jouzu desu ne!!!!!! your culture is so interesting!!!!!! haha, you know about this? this is what japanese people do!!!! I love your country and want to visit!!!!
etc.

>Are the gaijins more elitistic and snobbish than the tokyo niggas?
Not sure what you mean by this but it really depends on the person, some are more snobbish than others.

>Would you come back?
Fuck no.
Tokyo is where I finally stopped being a robot.
From khv to having a loving girlfriend (granted she's white but still).
And I'm asian so it's not like it's the whole white god thing. I just really put myself out there and cleaned myself up, new clothes, worked out, talked to girls and asked them to hang out, etc.

Found a girl who I really connected with. She rejected me twice but eventually caught feelings for me and we're dating now. I'm a persistent fuck I guess.
>>
>>39384383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQM00K24qG8

lol I LUV LIVING IN THA CITYAY
>>
>>39384444
its comfy until people become physical obstacles blocking you from where you need to go.

like i live on a corner that has heavy traffic and everyone detours through the residential area.
it's so fucking infuriating that i want to barricade the street off myself.
you can't cross the street from your house without fear of someone running you over and these people drive like their lives mean everything and yours means nothing.

need to carry a gun just so i can take pot shots at cars in case they hit and run.
>>
>>39384685
What are you? Chinese?
>>
>>39384191
If tired of life in a big city, so yes. Commuting is a nightmare here and that doesn't help.
>>
>>39384797
Yup, ethnic Chinese. Grew up speaking English and Chinese so Japanese isn't difficult to learn since it's like a bastard of both languages.

I'm pretty sure I've got some mixed ancestry somewhere along the line though since I don't look like the other Chinese people I know.
>>
>>39384851
Do you think you'd be able to click with the chinese guy here (in Spain) from the 1 euro store in a rural area, for example, or his spanish-speaking daughter?

Would you see them as your kin,or would you have more in common with your american neighbor?
>>
File: 1501414303899.gif (481KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1501414303899.gif
481KB, 540x810px
>>39384896
I don't really have a firm racial or national identity.
I'm not american. I've travelled a lot, and I've actually been to Spain and talked to a few Chinese budget store owners.

They strike me as being your typical Chinese poorfag, money grabbing and uncultured, also rude. So no, I don't feel a connection to them beyond speaking their language.

I don't feel a connection to Americans because I'm not American. I do get along on a surface level with most educated Americans. Rednecks and niggers, no.

When I say I felt a connection with that white girl (who isn't american either) it was because we had such a similar childhood despite growing up in completely different backgrounds. And we like the same things. It's like we're slightly different versions of each other. And she's 4 years older than me, so she inhabits a slightly older timeline. Where our childhoods overlap, our memories are the same.
>>
>>39384191
Depending on finances most likely
>>
>>39386328
Although I imagine any place can be paradise depending on the correct circumstances
>>
>>39384191
Hell no. Big cities are great. Small towns and villages are hell on earth.
>>
File: 1481252590323.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481252590323.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>39384191
not if i could sit in a window and look out at everyone and everything like that i wish that i was dead
>>
when I see the ops image it reminds me of Atlanta.
being there is just overwhelming.
you look down and see all the cars, the mass of people and it just hits my brain.
I often fantasize about if I was there one day and a nuke just goes off.
>>
File: 1501175878043.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1501175878043.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>>39384191
I've been living in London my entire life and I'd do anything to get out. I hate living in the city. I hate the people here, I hate the smog, I hate not being able to see stars, I hate the constant stench of car fumes, I hate working an office job.
I'm so jealous of people that got to grow up and live out in the country. It's not fucking fair. Why did I have to born here? This place sucks and I regret everything.
>>
>>39384191
I do and I am very tired of it. Maybe life in general, but certainly the city "life"
>>
Moving into a relatively large city soon. Sick of the small town life. Every time a day off rolls around, there's fucking nothing to do.

At the very least in the city there's comic book shops, arcades, restaurants, shit to DO, but in a small town all you can do is sit on your porch and stare at the road. Basically work ends and you wait for tomorrow.
>>
mfw 20 minutes from Manchester and 20 minutes from the pennines

feels good
>>
>>39387686
The city is great anon, here's why small towns sucks.

>Everyone knows you
>Everyone knows you're a fuck up
>Everyone knows what you do
>Everyone knows a lot of the shit you've done
>Few jobs
>Long distances to shops/stores
>Smells like cowshit all year (depends on where you live)
>>
>>39384629
Looks comfy af, do you own that apartment or are you renting?
>>
>>39387686
you ever lived in the country for an extended period of time? you spend half your day having to drive to wherever you are trying to go because you live so far from everything

i spend hours just trying to get from point A to point B most of the time
>>
>>39387768
>>39387805
these are truths.
however, there is a peaceful aspect.
quiet, nature full of life , even if it's shit that will fuck you up, not to mention cow shit and horse shit helps grow things.
have a plot of land and make a small or semi large garden has been a fun thing for me even if it's been work.
>>
>>39384383
>Extremely high cost of living
Not that much of a problem if you live on your own and since there is usually a lot of jobs in cities you should be fine
>Have to live in a shithole aprtment that costs twice as much as a 2000sqft house outside of city
I'm not sure about this, depends on the city I suppose and you could always just pay rent and maybe even get a room mate
>If you are a car enthusiast fuck you
I'm not, fuck that shit nigga get a bike or roller blades
>Get mugged on the reg
Glock 19 EDC babe
>Smelly alcoholic panhandlers everywhere
Don't look at them/hold your breath/so?
>City smells like literal shit.
I'm starting to get the feeling you're writing this from some place in India...
>Public transport is full of creeps and is cramped and loud. Will get pickpocketed regularly.
Walk or bike then, everything is usually very close to each other and the adventure of exploring the city is another fun aspect.
>Traffic adds several hours to your workday unpaid.
Better than sitting home and whining to /r9k/ about tfw no gf
>>
>>39384191
>Would you get tired of life
yes
>>
>>39389151
So your response to all of these terrible things is "deal with it"

lol no thanks I'll stick to suburban life or small cities.
>>
>>39384191
Grass is always greener. I live in a city right now and spent majority of my life living in a city. It gets tiring to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it can be pretty comfy sometimes. Like when it's raining and the the city is emptier than usual, but it's mostly just a pain in the ass to live in.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.