[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression isn't real

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: donnie-main.jpg (237KB, 1445x878px) Image search: [Google]
donnie-main.jpg
237KB, 1445x878px
>So I was living a happy life for the last few years, only coding and browsing forums (mainly r9k) in my room
>Apparently this is a sign of depression for my parents, so they finally forced me to go to a psychiatrist that they arranged for me, after trying to get me there for months
>I go there, and sure enough, get "diagnosed" with depression
>Now I want to make one thing perfectly fucking clear - I'm very happy with myself, and people only see me as rude and unhappy because that's what I become around them. I don't wanna be bothered, and I made that clear multiple times, yet they still enter my room. Also, I don't sleep because it's a waste of time, not because I am "depressed". Wouldn't that just make me more sleepy, anyway???
>So I get prescribed some medication, which I very vocally reject and explain that in no way I am ever going to take them. There is literally no way I'd let them numb me down with that shit.
>They raise concerns about me being possibly suicidal, because I've been telling my parents multiple times how nothing matters, and how life is just pointless in general. But let me elaborate on that, because it's definitely not a cry for help before becoming an hero...

>So the way I see it, life IS pointless. Nothing ever matters, not in the bigger picture (sure things have consequences now, but some day when the universe hits heat death, it might as well have never happened, unless it can transcend dimensions, or to other universes, which we don't know, and we never will, so why even think about it).
>This is the thing, though... If nothing matters, and I'm going to die some day anyway... Why bother killing myself??? It's actually quite liberating. I have an excuse to do whatever the fuck I want, and I do what I chose to do - being on the computer and on the internet, most of the time. I like the challenges coding brings. I like interacting with people online, because I hate everyone IRL, and here I feel in control and no pressure. (CONTINUED)
>>
>I do have suicidal thoughts most of the time, sure. But that's out of curiosity ONLY. I am genuinely interested in what happens after we die, and in the past I was at risk of actually doing it just to find out, but not anymore. I'm in no hurry anymore.
>The problem with death is - I don't believe in nothingness. Even if it is eternal nothingness, it wouldn't matter to me. This is simply because nothingness is also something I'd have to experience/perceive. And if it was really eternal nothingness, then I could never perceive it, right? So it wouldn't affect me, it doesn't count for me. It's all the same...
>So if nothingness is out of the equation, that means there is something. And that's what I'm curious about. With the liberating knowledge that nothing matters and that I'd inevitably die someday, I might as well walk to China and then the entire length of the Chinese Wall, for all I care. I might as well die doing that, so what? I was already gonna kill myself, if I was suicidal, might as well make it an adventure and an experience to take with me.

>Again, we arrive at the conclusion that I'm neither suicidal, nor depressed. So what I actually want to know, and why I'm writing this here in the first place is - can they somehow force me to take the medication legally? For now, they only said I have to take them, and I was refusing. I could lie about taking them, if it was the only way for them to not force me to really do take them, but I'd rather just they knew I'm never going to take that normie shit.
>>
>Depression isn't real
>because I'm not currently depressed
cool greenstory bro
>>
>>39383031
Why would anyone ever be "depressed"? It makes no sense, "bro".
It's just an excuse you make to deflect form the fact that you can't deal with your problems/thoughts.
You're not depressed, you're stupid/pussy/both. Think about depression a bit more, and you'll arrive at the same liberating conclusion I did. Easy to label it and just roll with it, try thinking for yourself, instead.
>>
>>39383075
Or you know, a hormone imbalance which is what depression actually is, but who cares about that when you can make shitty bait threads
>>
>>39383102
I'm baiting for an answer on my question. I'm just can't contain myself from writing,which is why it's so long. Didn't have to be. And that hormone imbalance thing is bullshit. The physiological symptoms only follow the psychological ones. It's a state you put yourself in, caused by whatever reason - dissatisfaction in life usually. It's your own fault, and only you can make yourself feel better. Learn to take responsibility.
If you weren't going to be constructive, why reply, at all? I asked a specific question,which you'd know if you actually read my post, and all of you are stuck at depression, which I clearly said was not an issue. Useless morons.
>>
>>39383075
>You're not depressed, you're stupid/pussy/both
What do you think "depression" is dude.
>>
>>39382953
>>39382956
Brainlet teen detected
>>
>>39382953
As long as youre living with your parents they have all reason to be concerned with you. I agree that sending you to a psychiatrist is complete bullshit but if you dont wanna be bothered move the fuck out and get your own place.
>>
>He thinks sleep is a waste of time
Have fun being a brainlet.
>>
>>39383075
>it would be illogical to chose to have a mood disorder
groundbreaking stuff here, anon
>>
File: 1501802128885.jpg (101KB, 668x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1501802128885.jpg
101KB, 668x1370px
>>39383075
My problem with this, is that I was diagnosed with depression 22 years ago, at the age of 6. I didn't have a fucking clue what it was, and it was still a relatively taboo topic especially in children in 1995.
Sorry OP, you're incorrect. But I suspect this of being a low effort edgy b8 thread anyway.
>>
>be depressed since I was a child
>some fucker online tells me how I feel isn't real
Fuck off.
>>
>>39382953
>>39382956
I don't know about depression but you definitely have autism or are a sperglord.
>>
File: IMG_1679.jpg (251KB, 1125x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1679.jpg
251KB, 1125x1000px
>>39382953
>all I do is sit in my room all day, errday
>thought about an heroing
>don't sleep
>nihilistic and edgy

>depression isn't real guyz!

Yeah ok there pal, you're in the throws of it and someday you're going to regret not accepting help when it could have done some good. You're just an edgy fedora tipping nihilist who thinks he knows better than anyone having never seen or experienced anything besides the walls of your room.
>>
>>39382953
>just don't be depressed!
>it isn't real!
>>
>>39382953
>>39382956
You have depression and you are in denial about it. Sorry. Your parents are correct. And you need to sort your shit out now before it gets worse.
>>
You guys are collectively idiots. You're literally all focusing on the wrong fucking thing from the post.

What the hell is EDGY about posting my opinions on the subjects that were the focus in my psychiatry session???

I am definitely neither depressed, nor at risk of suicide. It's a fact.

All of you fail to realize that this isn't about depression AT ALL (since, you guessed it - I'm not even depressed). I was asking a question, and if you're not here to answer it - fuck off. I'm not here to "cure" you, believe what you want, and dwell in your "autism" and "depression". You might as well kill yourselves, for all i care.

ANSWER MY QUESTION OR GTFO. STFU ABOUT DEPRESSION, THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT!
>>
>>39383465
I'm not a nihilist. If I was one, then even coding wouldn't make any sense. This is what I chose to do. I literally explained my thoughts on this. I'm not a nihilist. Nothing matters, true. But I specified it applies to the bigger picture. I already mentioned that stuff has immediate consequences, and those include fun, enjoyment, fulfillment. It's not about nihilism or edginess, you guys are just too stupid to understand what I was talking about, or didn't read it all with enough attention. Either way, it's your fucking problems.
>>
>>39383582
Yes op listen to him, depression doesnt always feel like depression. Very happy people are depressed sometimes! Just take your pills, it's time to man up.
>>
>>39383713
Anon, we are worried about you.... You just seem very depressed...
>>
>>39383778
Yes, take them and end up a brainwashed puppet. I enjoy my free will and energy, thank you, but no thank you.
>>
>>39382953
>he can't greentext properly
Fucking newfags...
>>
>>39383713
You have mental issues and should listen to your parents. You're an edgy teenager with delusions and an unhealthy worldview from a lack of socialization. I know you don't want to hear this and will probably continue sperging out and ignoring it, but it's the truth. Most of us have gone through the exact thing you're going through and regret not listening. You're only making life worse for yourself by ignoring good advice and continuing your path.

If you really want to ignore everyone else and continue down the path of self-destruction with no obstacles, move out of your parents' house. Chances are you can't even support yourself and are just a sad pathetic man-child throwing a little tantrum when his parents try to help him out. One day when you're growing old and your parents die and you have no one who cares about you, you will look back on this time and want to relive it and make the better choice.
>>
>>39383778
OP is not very happy, otherwise he wouldn't be acting the way he is, and being depressed doesn't mean suicidal. Nor does it mean you have to take medication. Lifestyle changes are a lot more effective than medication.
>>
>>39383811
I'm not a fucking teenager, why does everyone assume that??? Much older people than me live with their parents, I'm just 24. That's also completely irrelevant, much like every other thing you faggots give focus to.
>>
>>39383825
If you read it, you'd know I'M COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH MY LIFESTYLE, AND NOT DEPRESSED. This is pointless, not answering anymore.

This is exactly why I'm here, I can just like NOT ANSWER you tards anymore, and don't have to deal with it.

It's different from suicide in the way that this only denies me the pain of reading your bullshit, while suicide denies you every opportunity in life, duh.

Live your delusions and excuses, I'll just post in like 5 days with the exact same question, but without explaining anything else to you. Or tomorrow, for all you care, you won't even know it's me, and I'll get my answer eventually. You be in denial as long as you want, I don't give a fuck. Thanks for nothing, useless morons.
>>
>>39383797
I was fucking with you and everyone in this thread is fucking with you because you. Obviously don't take them. You don't need to make a thread for this. Fuck meds
>>
>>39383871
I was never gonna take them, I just wanted to know if they can eventually FORCE me into taking them somehow. Like, police, or health workers, or whatever. I made a thread because I figured you guys would have experience with this kind of things, and could answer that for me. Instead, you all focused on something else, that my thread wasn't even about.
>>
File: 1497119899636.jpg (74KB, 807x802px) Image search: [Google]
1497119899636.jpg
74KB, 807x802px
>>39383836
>I'm not a fucking teenager, why does everyone assume that??? Much older people than me live with their parents, I'm just 24.
You've got some kind of mental disorder man. I don't know if it's depression or what but yeah. You gotta get your shit sorted. At the very least you have provided entertainment.
>>
>>39383075
You may not be depressed but I can tell you're a narcissistic underage twat who thinks he has the world figured out. Depression is a legitimate psychological disorder. It is NOT the same as feeling sad, or down in the dumps, or whatever. I don't have it personally, but I'm aware of it's reality.
>>
>>39383869
A woman made this post.
>>
>>39383913
Ahahahahaa. I got next to nothing figured out. I literally wrote about how those things are not even worth thinking about because we can never truly KNOW the truth. You people seriously read nothing, or are too stupid, as I said before. You keep proving that with every comment, lol. I was annoyed at first, now it's starting to be funny.

And what the fuck is narcissistic about wanting to keep my fucking sanity and free will?
>>
>>39382953
What did you tell your psychologist to get diagnosed with depression?
>>
>>39383959
I didn't want to talk to her, my parents arranged the whole thing and explained how I'm always in my room, on the computer, and aggressive with them, and with suicidal thoughts, and not sleeping, mostly. I already explained all those points, above. The psychiatrist is just another pseudoscience retard who thinks she can fit me in a pattern.

I think what I was prescribed was mostly for sleep, and I don't even suffer from lack of it. The fact that they base it on just my parents perspective only proves that it's a fucking pseudoscience, and therefore completely useless.
>>
Depression is real, but you are correct in pretty much everything else. Depression is just over diagnosed, because irrational hyper optimism pervades society and its ideologies.
>>
>>39384006
I might have been exaggerating and marginalizing it too much, but seriously, this is the completely wrong thing to take from my thread. It was never about DEPRESSION.
>>
>>39383993
If you relayed that you are content with your life you probably wouldn't have gotten the diagnose.
Also you're making assumptions about the condition of being depressed solely from your own experiences.
The term probably is overused which is why you think it's not a real condition.
>>
>>39384055
Of course that's the only thing I told both my parents, and the psychiatrist. But they keep insisting that it's not normal, and this bitch said I was depressed.
>>
>>39384055
Why the fuck are they entitled to say what's "normal"? That a term more subjective than your opinion on what a good movie is.
>>
>>39383949
You need help and your family is offering to help you for free and you're rejecting it.
>>
>>39383102
Reminder there is no evidence for this

For most of this board that "hormone imbalance" would be instantly cured by getting a gf. Lmaoing.
>>
>>39383713
>thread isn't about depression
>thread subject is "depression isnt real"
Really made me think... That you're an idiot who needs help. Please go to a doctor and get help.
>>
>>39384026
go up and re-read your first two 'greenposts' if i can call them that anymore
you went through and ranted about this n that, titled it 'depression isnt real' and THEN snuck a small question on the tail end of it, and all you want out of this thread is the answer to that?
well here, "No.". They can request and remind all they want but they can't force you; and if it gets to the point where they -can- force you, you'll find out pretty easy.

And when it comes to these psychiatrists...
>diagnosed with add / depression in 3rd grade
>k lol
>fucked over schooling beyond 4th because parents taking advice
>live with all this extra, un-needed bullshit up to junior yr HS
>now 20
>go to psychiatrist with mom because she thought she'd like to see one, and i knew half the questions might get relayed to me and i came along just for sake of efficiency
>bring up possible Schiziod
>psychiatrist at least had the mindfulness to remember schiz prefix doesn't just mean schizophrenia
>"i dont exactly got a diagnosis book here but.."
>continues to open fucking 'edge', aka explorer v. win10, type "schizoid personality disorder" into fucking BING, and didnt even insomuch as click the wikipedia article, and chose to instead read the excerpt from it off the search term

We're all apes just the same man; that being said, social relations are a bit like liquid, very give and get, a lot of changes, not static, you have to assure your parents of their needs for you. Assure them you're a human being that's capable of at least some term of self sufficiency, make money off of programming, be sociable with them. Do not let them fool themselves into thinking you're just a sad heap who'll never move on because that's when everyone involved starts brooding and coming up with a whole range of ideas to and from obscene
>>
>>39383075
i have depression and i share your view, nothing fucking matters, it doesnt make sense to be depressed. everybody fucking knows this. if just knowing nothing mattered was the cure for depression we'd all fucking be cured wouldnt we? its not that simple. youre not a fucking genius dude. depression is literally just your brain lacking a chemical that makes you feel like a happy normie.

you really think we dont know nothing matters in the end and everything is pointless? you think that fact is makes us depressed? fuck no im glad nothing matters, doesnt change a fucking thing about my brains chemical balance though. get fucking lost you pretentious little 13 year old

tldr op googled nihilism and is thinks hes a genius.
>>
>>39384603
Alright man, I see where you're coming from in about my title, thanks.

Also, finally someone who understands what this was about, so again, THANK YOU.

My mistake was noted, and I appreciate the insight on my life.
>>
>>39385423
No one is attacking you, it just sounded like you were lying to yourself because of how your described lifestyle compares to how you think about it. In the end you know yourself the best, so good luck. I hope things turn out well.
>>
>>39385423
hey man im just 21 in a similar situation, you may be a little rough on the edges socially but whos to say we can't improve
>>
File: mitigated waves.png (128KB, 1122x532px) Image search: [Google]
mitigated waves.png
128KB, 1122x532px
>>39382953
All things considered it's totally possible that you are genuinely happy with your life and that your parents just don't understand why. Your curiosity with death/suicide is pretty weird though, but not something I would relate with depression.
>>
>>39385918
Well as I explained, I don't believe in nothingness after we die. I was at danger of doing it years ago, but not anymore.
I won't intentionally try to end my life, ofc, but if I feel like it, I will do something that might result in my death if I deem it worthy.
>>
File: gridlinecollision.png (135KB, 1102x595px) Image search: [Google]
gridlinecollision.png
135KB, 1102x595px
>>39385946
Mind if I ask, since you don't believe in nothingness after you die, what do you believe would happen? Do you believe in heaven/hell or something like reincarnation?
>>
>>39386167
Well that's the thing, I don't know. It just doesn't make sense to be nothing. Even nothingness would have to be perceived, then it's not "nothing". I am not sure what to believe, but it's not heaven/hell. Reincarnation in some form might be my best guess, idk. Something having to do with the consciousness moving on. Not that it makes any sense, either, but like... I'm conscious now, of all the moments the universe has existed. Who's to say it's not happening at every moment, and that this is just the one I'm currently experiencing? Who's to say that everyone else is not just... Me?
>>
File: electro magnetic force.png (140KB, 685x586px) Image search: [Google]
electro magnetic force.png
140KB, 685x586px
>>39386604
I guess we can agree to disagree then. I believe there's nothingness after we die but we don't get to experience it. Sort of like when you're asleep but without dreaming. You don't notice time passing by, as it goes infinitely fast while you're dead. It's just an idea of course but it makes sense to me. Also I believe death is peaceful.
>>
>>39386945
Uhm, as I already wrote... Does anybody even read before commenting??? So, as I wrote already, I said that it's the most likely scenario, but if it's so, it wouldn't matter, since you'd never get to experience it by definition, and therefore it's just like it doesn't exist. If it really is eternal nothingness, you're not even going to notice, so it doesn't matter. I can't be afraid of the nothingness when I can literally never know it.
>>
File: depression isnt real.jpg (34KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
depression isnt real.jpg
34KB, 500x349px
>>39383075
Fuck r nine gay I am sick of having to write someshit.
>>
>>39387465
Is that an attempt to impersonate me?
>>
>>39383075
>>39382953

you are so dumb i dont even know where to begin
>>
OP can you please provide me with some ways to become enlighted like how you are ? I have depression but I still think it's a hormone imbalence
>>
>24
>still lives with parents
>no job

>not depressed

So you're happy being completely worthless then or what
>>
>>39388692
Nobody said anything about having no job. I'm an android developer for living, and studying security hard as a hobby. I just like my room, it's where I'm at most of the time, got used to it. Why do people just keep assuming stuff and act like it's the God given truth???

And yes, I am very fucking happy, as mentioned like a broken record already. What's so fucking hard to understand?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.