[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I be a programmer if programming isn't my hobby? I choose

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1496513360391.png (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1496513360391.png
14KB, 633x758px
can I be a programmer if programming isn't my hobby? I choose programming at uni and can't change it now, but mainly just for the job in the future. The only thing that I want to do is create music but that doesn't guarantee me a good income in the future.
>>
to be more clear : most programmers spend most of their free time to code and to learn new shit, I just want to work my 8 hours a day and be done with it.
>>
What's with all the music creation threads lately. Is everyone here secretly a musician?
>>
>>39380820
If you have high IQ you'll be fine regardless of treating it as a hobby or a job.
>>
Yes, definitely. I hardly ever code in my spare time and I've been a programmer for years.
>>
>>39380843
This isn't true. The only people who code after work are the autistic people you hear from on /g/ and who constantly bring it up
>>
As a failed comsci major who shifted to another course, i'd say you have to make programming a hobby. In my opinion most of it is self learning and if you're a lazy ass, then goodluck
>>
>>39380915
Wrong. Most genius programmers are lazy as fuck, they just don't view anything about programming as challenging since it's so easy for them. Most of them would do something else while reading about some complex subject like watching a video on another screen and later on they'd have perfect retention and understanding of that subject. That's just how it is.
>>
>choosing to do something you don't really enjoy because there are no brighter options

iktf OP. It might not work but since you can't change it, you should probably stick with it a little while and see how it goes.
>>
If you want to be a computing professional, you need to spend time outside of work improving yourself. Basically spend 10-15 hours a week outside of work. With programming as a hobby, you can easily satisfy this. If all you want to do is be a code monkey, then sure keep just doing work. Just know your skills will eventually be easily replaced in the future.
>>
Don't get programming as a job. It won't even make you a good programmer since the pressure of deadlines and the sinking of productivity due to sleep deprivation and overworking will have you banging out the worst code you can possibly muster just so you'd have a half-working pile of shit in time for your retarded profit-minded non-programming bosses to say "good job, here's your next task due in 2 days".
>>
>>39380936
>genius

Well there you go OP. You need to be a genius. I agree with it desu. I shouldve left programming before i fucked up my gpa
>>
>>39381068
>>39381028
>>39381376
ok thanks guys, if it'll be possible i'll try to switch to some basic IT shit
>>
>>39381801
Engineering doesnt suit your fancy?
>>
>>39381818
nah, too much effort is required for engineering
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.