[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>produce music >dont get a lot of views or any sales

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

>produce music
>dont get a lot of views or any sales
>>
File: 138972957487.jpg (43KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
138972957487.jpg
43KB, 500x503px
>>39380257
>be a really descriptive writer that focuses on immersion and emotion over narrative
>share it around
>strangers love it
>family think it's shit
>lose motivation to continue
>>
>produce music
>too self critical to publish
>>
>>39380330
Why not just make a dummy profile to upload shit?
>>
>>39380257
post it and I'll tell you if it's shit
(it is)
>>
>>39380257
Everyone knows that music industry is dead and everything that support it is publicity and shit like social media
>>
>>39380257
As long as you enjoy making and listening to it.
>>
>>39380475
Yeah but I am fucking POOR and I really wanna do this shit instead of working a 9-5 until I'm 90
>>
>>39380503
You've gotta market your shit a bit more.

Make a stupid twitter account for interacting/posting new stuff. Upload that stuff to pretty much everything, including youtube for obvious reasons.
>>
>>39380532
I got it on YouTube soundclick SoundCloud beatstars airbit everything I got a Twitter with 700-800 followers

I need more views and I need to target a specific market somehow
>>
>>39380555
>I need more views and I need to target a specific market somehow

How are you marketing stuff on twitter? You've gotta make it feel like monotone and ad-like if you want to bring in new people. What genres do you focus on?
>>
>>39380257
Don't feel bad, you're just not very good. There's tens and tens of millions of others doing the same thing you do, and only the top 0.01 percent is of any market value.
>>
>>39380574
But I just wanna sell some shit not be like huge

I wish I started doing this like 5-10 years earlier fuck
>>
>>39380574
What about the idiots who make vapourwave and basic stuff from slowing down samples. It's about popularity when it comes to marketability.
>>
>produce music
>get good feedback
>get better
>get told your stuff blows
>get better
>get told your stuff is cool
>try harder
>get ignored
I sometimes feel like people's opinions are completely subjective and random.
>>
>>39380647
And that's why pop music exists, it's the average of all tastes.
>>
>>39380647
Different people have different tastes. If you asked someone else, you might have gotten different feedback. While you might get better at making songs on the whole, their opinion on that particular song might not be positive.
>>
>>39380257
just do it for the art or give up

Daniel Lopatin, one of the greatest artists of this generation makes like 50k a year on his music
>>
>>39380740
This makes sense. That's why you hardly ever hear pop songs that are actually good, but most of the stuff you find really fucking great sounds weird to most people.
>>
Dream big, aim big, push for big, but excpect nothing. This is the rule with art. You should be prepared for the 99% chance you will never make it and will never be able to even see a single penny out of it. So either love it or quit it
>>
>>39380257
Keep going at it. Reviewbrah has been producing content for many years and it's really only during the last that he blew up.
>>
>>39380257
the fact that bothers yo shows you're shit.

if you dont' like your own music then don't upload it, if you DO like it then you won't care i fit gets views.

THis is coming from someone who currently makes their living doing this that started out with no views like my guy.
>>
>>39380257
post the music faggot. maybe you are a hidden genius. maybe you are a loser making shit beats in fruityloops
>>
>>39380316
who the fuck cares what your family thinks
>>
File: CARLOS.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CARLOS.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>39380257
>produce music
>gonna work on deli music next
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.