[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nihilistic philosophers like max stirnir who are compelling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Max_stirner.jpg (10KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10KB, 200x237px
>nihilistic philosophers like max stirnir who are compelling and bring damn near unfalsifiable arguments to the table are already mocked here
>rick and morty is trying to turn nihilism into even more of a meme

soon "nihilism" is going to be tossed around and become a platitude for virtue/smart signaling among normies. The reason why it's done so well is because it is a very anti-normie philosophy prohibiting things like procreation and exposing their selfish ways but soon they will twist it into justifying their hedonistic actions

>"nothing matters, bro like m-morty said *burp* so go shoot some heroin nihilism! bitch!"

stirnir id not promote hedonism as he thought giving an external object or activity too much power could erode the ego and make you weaker.

well, it's not like i talk to them about it anyways but i don't want to post a nihilism related argument and get some of you fags going

>le so edgyXD
>i watch rick and morty: the post

how do we save nihilism, anons?
>>
>>39374271
Who the fuck is max stirnir?
>>
File: 1484505502400.png (66KB, 1000x393px) Image search: [Google]
1484505502400.png
66KB, 1000x393px
>>39374271
>how do we save nihilism, anons?
i don't know if we can, nothing is safe from them, not even Philosophies. But if I had to guess, id say associate it with something they despise like racism, just like pol did with pepe.
>>
what a spook
>>
>>39374271
>>"nothing matters, bro like m-morty said *burp* so go shoot some heroin nihilism! bitch!"
So if this isn't nihilism but hedonism, then what is nihilism? Is it that there's no inherent meaning in life, but [bullshit about making your meaning or muh ubermensch or whatever], then what philosophy states that life has no inherent meaning, and any given meanings are just coping mechanisms? Sorry if this is nonsense

t. philosophy babby
>>
>>39374271
TbH the Greek refutations of Epicureanism are sufficient if you are an empathetic person.
>>
>>39374830
Absurdism is all about the coping mechanisms. It says that they are there only to make life bearable.
>>
>>39374479
Pol is normie tier now
>>
>>39374871
Thanks, skimming the wikipedia article it seems like something close to what I was talking about.
Man I wish I knew how to get into philosophy; it just seems so huge with so many different starting points
>>
>>39374974
You just kind of need to jump in and get started. As you read you'll need to look up shit to understand some concepts, but that's all a part of the process. Eventually as you branch out doing this you'll end up hitting all the bases, at least partially, and you'll be able to fill in the gaps from there. Things will start to click, it's like anything else.
>>
>>39374974
Start with the Greeks. Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and their contemporaries. Then, move onto Early Christians, Stoics and the rest of the Romans. Right now is a good time to read about Early Eastern Philosophies: Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism. Now, read Aquinas and some of the great Arabs. You now have a suffocoent background to begin modern philosophy. Go from Enlightenment, be thorough with Locke, Rousseau, and Hobbes. Go over Hume, Kant and Hegel as well. Start with whatever 19 century philosophers you please, I read Nietzsche first personally. Now you can understand just about any kew text you find pretty well. You can go back to people you missed from certain ages or look to the recent past's thinkers.
>>
>>39374271
Nihilism would be alright without the while anti-natalism part attached.
It's fucking stupid to want to kill off the most intelligent life form.
>>
>>39375127
Man is being crushed between the super and the animal. He cannot become either one, but seeks to. Man is lonely. The collective suicide of being is the noble way to escape the sadistic dichotomy.
>>
>>39375085
>>39375100
>Just jump in and fill in the gps as you need to
>or Start here, then here, then here, then here...
well the former certainly seems like the easier option. I'll screenshot >>39375100 anyway just in case
thanks
>>
File: stirner ego aint free.png (39KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
stirner ego aint free.png
39KB, 853x543px
>>39374271
Stirner isn't nihilistic, the fuck you on about?
He'd call nihilism a spook, you spooked motherfucker.
>>
>>39375191
Definitely read his recommendations, but you don't need to go in chronological order. Just do it at your own pace and what you find interesting, it'll be easier for you to learn and stay interested that way. His list is more like a personal recommendation he put together.
>>
>>39375225
Wow that was a mess I typed, I hope it makes sense. I need some sleep...
>>
Stirner wasn't a nihilist. He was an egoist. He didn't claim that nothing mattered, only that what mattered to him mattered.
He
Was
An
Egoist
When
No one
Else
Was
>>
>>39374271
nihilism is literally a meme cos nobody understands what the authors are trying to say and people just keep repeating the "nothing matters" meme.

you fucks need to understand you cannot have a meaningless life unless you are braindead. your problem is that the only meaning you're willing to accept is a grand/special one tailored for you. well chances are you won't have it: you are just another shitty human living in a shitty planet with a shitton of other humans.
>>
>>39375189
But that's just pure laziness. Man has infinite potential for growth, and can become much greater if guided correctly.
>>
>>39374271
>spacing
>>
>>39375225
>>39375248
It's okay anon. I think I should try and cover all the basics at least, but beyond that there's no point in forcing myself to read hundreds of pages of stuff I'm not finding very engaging, and would be better off giving what I'm personally interested in priority

>I need some sleep...
>4:04 am
fuck, that's probably a good idea
>>
>>39375343
Yep exactly, just follow your nose. Alright anon, you have a good night and I hope your scholarly pursuits aren't in vain
>>
>>39375414
Y-you too, thanks for the advice
>>
I hate the edgy roasties who "aren't like the other girls" who call themselves nihilists..you're right nihilism has become a meme that normies who watch rick and morty have adopted.
>>
>>39375288
Man's nature is just as wicked as ever. There is no evidence that man is perfectible or even improvable.
>>
File: sam-hyde.jpg (15KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
sam-hyde.jpg
15KB, 450x450px
>>39375546
>There is no evidence that man is perfectible
ummm sorry sweetie, pic very related
>>
>>39375546
But there are many people who stand out among others in their greatness. If we simply removed the one's that aren't as great, there will be improvement.
>>
>>39374386
The spookmaster
>>
>>39375741
>implying leaving murderers as the only people alive would make mankind any better
>>
File: Albert_Camus2.jpg (160KB, 1321x900px) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Camus2.jpg
160KB, 1321x900px
>>39374271
Thrown nihilism in the trash where it belongs and embrace the absurd.
>>
>>39374271
>soon 'nihilism' is going to... smart signaling among normies

it already is that op

>>39376252
i kind of agree with this anon, life is just absurd, besides meaning is a human concept so projecting it onto reality and the universe will only result in failure
>>
>>39376315
cont. we won't know for sure until we know everything though, and we don't even know if that will happen
>>
>>39375741
That's assuming that you can maintain greatness, and consistency is a bitch.
>>
File: 1482685379641.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1482685379641.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
>>39374271
>stirner
>nihilist
>prohibiting things like procreation
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.