[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 23 too late to get my teeth fixed? My parents were pretty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Teeth_by_David_Shankbone.jpg (88KB, 1200x619px) Image search: [Google]
Teeth_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
88KB, 1200x619px
Is 23 too late to get my teeth fixed?
My parents were pretty poor all my younger life, never could afford to take me to a dentist. I used to be so depressed / angry, I'd think, fuck it, my teeth are so crooked theres no point in brushing.
Fast forward to this year, I've gotten a good job making $90k USD a year, great insurance. Should I go to a dentist? Or will it be in vain? Still a virgin. But can finally afford that trip to Thailand.
It is single handedly the biggest thing that fucks with me. I've thought about walking up to a random Jerome and calling him a nig to get my teeth knocked out, just to get dentures.5
>>
WTF, yes you can get braces and shit at any age.
>>
It's never too late to get braces, they literally just force your teeth a certain way and the muscles contract to that position. Also why the fuck would you go all the way to Thailand to get them
>>
my teeth are fucked, too.
too many years drinking energy drinks and never once brushing. I recommend seeing a dentist at LEAST for the whats what of how fucked they are, and what work will need to be done. Get a quote, and a list of problems; that way it's easier to work on it all (and you can work in order from worst to least worst, to help with money, too).
good luck anon. I got my quote and never went back cause god fuckin damn
>>
>>39372349
Start off by just getting an appointment to get a check up/clean and then the dentist will tell you what needs fixing like cavities, etc.
>>
>>39372372
Well I'm more so talking about the discoloration. Could they be whitened ? Or would i just have straight, but yellow teeth. Also it would require much more than braces.. I literally have a tooth that sticks straight out, like a tusk, at the top of mouth, right behind the top part of my upper lip. God forbid I ever get punched there.
>>
File: 10531.jpg (4KB, 98x94px) Image search: [Google]
10531.jpg
4KB, 98x94px
>>39372372
>Also why the fuck would you go all the way to Thailand to get them
>thinking it's about the teeth
>>
>get an abscess in my gum in middle school
>told dad about it
>told me i was making it up and nothing is wrong with me
>tells me that with everything
>grew up believing taking care of myself or getting help was worthless
>still have the abscess
>its cracked my tooth in half and now I can't chew on the right side
>know I should go get it pulled but every time I make an appointment my father's words echo in my mind
>miss the appointment and continue wasting away on the computer
>>
>>39372427
jesus anon where is the picture
>also rip it out on stream kek
>>
>>39372412
>discoloration
They just bleach it
And for your tooth, it will probably require surgery then they'll slap braces on.
>>
>>39372427
>still have the abscess
Jesus, anon. How has that not killed you yet?
>>
>>39372349
yes of course take an appointement.

Being old doesn't reduce your chances to get your teeth healed, on the contrary. When you're young they sometimes delay putting on braces and shit because your mouth may still change (ie getting bigger).

Fix them, life's better with nice teeth.
>>
>>39372349
No, it's never too late with your teeth. Literally almost anything can be fixed now a days.
>>
>>39372444
if thats true you have just given me hope, I am going to call and make an appointment somewhere tomorrow.

>>39372484
see
>>39372412
>>
>>39372529
I'm no dentist, but they'll probably do surgery on you, wait a few weeks for your mouth to heal, then slap braces on for 1-2 years (again not a dentist don't quote me) then once that's done they'll bleach your teeth
>>
File: 0828172034.jpg (141KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
0828172034.jpg
141KB, 675x900px
>>39372442
put a toothpick in it to show it better. It's like 3 pieces of tooth broken that are loose and can move but they're still connected to the root
>>39372467
I don't know, I've had it since 2008
>>
>>39372529
100% agree with him.

Honestly it's hard to give a solid answer but I think going to a dentist is a really good idea.
>>
>>39372736
you're aware that it can get infected and kill you?
>>
>tfw grew up brushing and flossing and still got cavities and began to experience gum recession

Teeth are impossible...
>>
>>39372873
I know, but I'm battling years of self loathing because of how I was raised. Every day is a struggle anon.
>>
File: 1501439895452.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1501439895452.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
>>39372935
>take good care of teeth
>eat correctly
>still get cavities and had some teeth pulled
>meanwhile my brother eats like shit and never takes care of himself yet has never had teeth problems and the dentist compliments him on having good oral hygiene
>>
>>39372349
i'm 24 and as soon as i can save up the money i'm getting fucking braces

Will i look like a twat as a bald, old looking dude with braces? Yes

Will i feel even worse when i'm all of these things in my 30s and still have fucked up teeth? Yes.
>>
Similar question, is it possible to naturally make your teeth whiter, or am I just fucked for life?
>>
>>39373113
brush two times a day, with whitening toothpaste

my brother also got a bleaching kit from the dentist and applied that for a while and his teeth look great - however he did have some severe gum pain
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.