[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/JOB THREAD/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 41

File: nova.jpg (952KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
nova.jpg
952KB, 1000x800px
>job
>pay
>if it's a good job, how did you land it
>how is your current life situation

I currently do prep work at panera, its shit pay at $8.75 an hour. I basically just turn my earbuds all the way up and ignore people for 7-9 hours a day while prepping food. I got the job as part time while in college but now I'm dropping while i can still get a full refund because I can't stand school. My plan is to try and land a job at a real kitchen and hopefully work my way up since I enjoy making food that people enjoy and am pretty proficient when it comes to kitchen work.
>>
40 hours a week = $350

one month = $1400

that's pretty much what I get in neetbux lol must suck working and still not have it better than people who don't work
>>
>>39369329
Currently in uni but going to do an internship in either London or New York next summer at JP Morgan. Will be payed but not that much. Around the figure of 1500 dollars per month if I get payed at all.
>>
>>39369462
this is a thread for people who hold jobs, not for neets
begone
>>
>>39369462
He actually makes less than that after you take off taxes and fees. Probably closer to 250 a week.
>>
>water resources scientist
>~60k
>went to school for environmental science, worked a co-op term at the place i'm at now.. they hired me full-time later on
>i live alone, hate myself and drink too much.
>>
>>39369487
what are you in uni for?
>>
>>39369512
Doing a major in Economics and a minor in Operations Research. Then a master in either Macro economics or something related to banking.
>>
>>39369511
>live alone, hate myself and drink too much
this is really the only thing I'm afraid of. My parents really want me to finish a bachelors instead of just getting a job with my associates degree so I can better support myself but honestly I don't really care what I end up doing as long as I have at least one friend, or, dare I say it, a qt3.14. There is a pretty cute chick working at panera with me, thinking maybe I might ask her out to lunch or something, only problem is we never really talk since I always work a different position
>>
>>39369462
I usually made less than that when I was doing concrete full time. I also had to pay for gas and car maintenance. Concrete is also incredibly physically demanding.
>>
File: 6887121.jpg (13KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
6887121.jpg
13KB, 250x235px
>>39369329

I work as a night auditor/security guard at an independent hotel. $13/hr and all the shitty continental breakfast food you can eat. I just watch youtube videos on my phone and listen to the police scanner while watching the security cameras. Every half hour I walk around the property. Hardest thing I have to deal with is guests being stupid. Most people I talk to are transients who are tresspassing and 96% of the time they leave as soon as they see you, the other 4% of the time I let the police handle it. Sometimes drunk guests do stupid shit like try to fight you or pass out but most of the time they're entertaining.

Most robots should consider being night auditors. You get to be nocturnal and barely have to do anything besides occasionally refrain from being an asshole to stupid guests.
>>
>>39369329
>escalations manager at a call center
>12 an hour with any overtime I want
>it's ok, started as a normal agent and kissed up enough to get promoted
>current life situation: lonely and poor as hell but have good grades in school and a nice apartment
>>
File: 5802089411_5576c23c96.jpg (124KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
5802089411_5576c23c96.jpg
124KB, 333x500px
>>39369620

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention I live alone and drink too much. Don't hate myself but don't like myself either. Despite being pretty intelligent I dropped out of college because of terminal sadbrains and now I'm wondering what the hell I should do.

Pic related, it's my fav brew
>>
>>39369329
>job
Accountant
>pay
44k a year plus bonuses around tax season.
I don't work for a big firm and thats kinda the way I want it. The workload is pretty easy most days and the internet is unrestricted so i can watch youtube in the background.
Ok I guess. I moved into a townhouse with some friends and I live in the basement. Pay could be higher but I'm not struggling. Been losing weight too.
>>
>>39369620
don't you have to have some sort of experience for this type of shit though? Like you can't just get hired as a security guard just like that unless you are 6'7" and really well built I would imagine
>>
>RN
>70k salary
>went to school for a year and landed in a hospital with a nursing home attachment that doesnt accept Medicaid. Night shift so i do fuck all for 9 hours.
>lifes fine, have what a want, more money than i need, destroyed my debt in 3 years, lots of time but not too much to get bored of and hate gaming.
>>
>>39369680
>what the hell I should do
If I could land a good job I would start saving up to move out into the middle of nowhere. Wake up every morning and go sit out on my log cabin porch and watch the sunrise. Take care of my garden, read books, drink beer, and learn how to cook good.
>>
>maintenance/janitor
>$16 a hour about 50+ hours a week
>I sign up for a temp job and they need someone for weekend maintenance Fri-Sun on Mon-Thursday off
>>
>>39369329
Idk what it is called. Manual labor or heavy labor? Basically chill and then throw around a 77kg barrier from time to time.

0$/hour
>>
>>39369700

I didn't because I'm not technically a security guard, I'm just a night auditor who does security-related duties. To actually work for a private security company where you wear a uniform, yes, you do need to have what's called a "guard card." It's pretty easy to get, you just need to drop a couple hundo and take a simple ass class. I'm thinking about doing it.

I'm 5'8" actually, but I took Krav Maga for a few years so I know how to handle myself. My co-workers don't even know though. Like I said before, 96% of the people you deal with leave immediately and the other 4% you just let the police handle, so it's not like you actually have to be physically intimidating. The only problem is that I have guests who drink too much think they can pick a fight with me when I tell them to shut up and stop yelling in the halls at 3 AM. I can't actually fight them even if they try to punch me or shit because I'd get fired, but I do have the satisfaction of getting to evict people.

99% of my shifts are super quiet though and most people are pretty nice. Plus, I live in a beach town, so I occasionally get to see a few qtz.
>>
Supermarket shit
$16/hr
Fuck if I know
Good, still live with my parents who give me food sometimes. Saving up to go to uni.
>>
>>39370037
sounds relatively comfy
>>
>>39369981

>0$/hour

Lolwut? Your'e a literal slave? Even in jail they have to pay you like 25 cents an hour lmao
>>
File: 1474866292625.png (163KB, 724x346px) Image search: [Google]
1474866292625.png
163KB, 724x346px
>>39369329
>>job
HR office fag
>>pay
US$500 per month, minimum wage tier in my 3rd world country but it's ok for me
>>if it's a good job, how did you land it
nepotism, it's a government job lads
>>how is your current life situation
I'm working and studying currently, trying to manage both has me constantly stressed, since I'm new to the formal job world and I don't yet know too well the forms and such. Some times it feels as if I'm just looking at myself from another place, the office environment still feels so foreign, I can't seem to find the way to get used to it, the small talk with coworkers, having to pretend about shit I don't, having to make myself appear normal when they ask me things, having to move in that atmosphere, it's dense, it's really exhausting.
I'm also in a ldr, which is why i took the job in the first place so I could save money for plane tickets.
All in all, I can say I went from a disgusting depressed slob to a disgusting slob with a job and money. I don't really have time to spend it, and when I do, I lack energy, which sucks balls.

Rec me a hobby robots- I need something else outside of adult life responsibilities.
>>
>>39370064
Yes I am indeed a literal slave. Not everybody is born in burgerland you know?
>>
>>39369693
Accountant only makes 44k? I thought you retards make at least 60k.
>>
>>39370062

Yeah it's not bad, but it's not as comfy as you may think. The sleep cycle will fuck with you. I have to take my adderall to keep me going during my shift and I have to drink a big 'ol glass of whiskey to sleep because my body still doesn't want to sleep after daybreak. You would think it's a great job to just sleep through but I'm on camera literally every second I'm there (except for the breakfast room) and this town is overrun with crusty jugglers so I have to keep a constant eye out for dudes looking to steal from cars.

Also, $13/hr here isn't very much. Minimum wage is like $10.50 (not sure if state or county) but this is also a college town and now that we have this huge recent influx of out-of-state students and rich chinese fucks, every landlord is raising their rent. Luckily I live with a middle-aged lady who has been here long enough to have rent control, I was pretty lucky to get this place.

But yeah overall, if you're the kind of robot whose autism manifests as gabbiness and helpfulness, night auditor is a good job.
>>
>>39370140
if i had cash like you and a car I would start purchasing things to help me live outside. Then on the weekends or on extra days off I would go to large nature areas and live in the woods for a couple of nights and stuff. Weird hobby i guess but I want to try it out
>>
2 jobs.
Bartender at a nightclub & server at a burger place.
Converted to USD, I get $34k each year.
Both jobs fine.
Drink too much, and almost no social life outside colleagues.
>>
>>39370148

Depends on the kind of accounting. If you work for an accounting FIRM you probably get paid a lot more because you are assigned high-end contracts. If you're independent or work for a small business, you won't make as much.
>>
>>39370188
>bartender at a nightclub
is it just me or would this job suck ass
>>
File: 1492779331926.png (447KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1492779331926.png
447KB, 636x636px
>>39370180
yeah that sounds nice. I've been meaning to get my drivers license sometime this year, hopefully. I don't really have a car, but I could use my grandma's I suppose. I'd like to travel somewhere or at least go camping. Sadly that's kind of difficult where I live. It sure would be nice..
>>
>>39370188

Don't you ever meet any chix? I get that you don't wanna be unprofessional but still, at least it puts you in proximity. Plus, since you work behind the bar, you can stand on a stool and nobody will know you're actually a manlet.
>>
>>39369511
Isn't it hard as fuck to get jobs in that field?

My kind of dream is to go to college for geology and then get a masters in hydrogeo and get a job like that as a state/county water conservation/resources scientist.
>>
>>39370233
I'm almost in your'e type of situation anon. I have my license but no money for a car. I also live in a house right near the city that I share with roommates so I can't get to any areas to do that type of stuff. Someday..
Do you bus/walk/bike to work?
>>
>>39370249
I'm actually 1,86 commie units. I don't know why, I just don't want to engage sexually nor romantically. Plenty of guests at both places have made planty of suggestions. I'm just not interested atm.
>>
>>39370279

There's a shortage of life scientists/geologists right now. However, that can change at any moment because the fed likes to cut money from ecology programs to pay for Drug War IV.
>>
>>39370222
It's not bad, I can get wasted on my shifts and nobody bats an eye, I get to be rude to "normies" and everyone wants my attention.
>>
File: 1492835173570.jpg (16KB, 291x291px) Image search: [Google]
1492835173570.jpg
16KB, 291x291px
>>39370293
a robot by choice
>>
I work at Target as a cashier for $10 an hour. It's pretty nice! I can wear any red shirt I want with khakis, the team is awesome and funny, I'm starting to make friends with my coworkers, and I get to eat popcorn or a hot dog during my break. It's a really easy job so I'm also living the dream. I'd be happy to stay there for the rest of my working career, becoming a pharmacist or getting a husband to support me while I cashier. I'd prefer to be a pharmacist to help out my husband with cash, though.

Also, a story:
>girl comes through my line, crying and rubbing her eyes and drinking a sprite
>I scan her items in silence and then get too curious and feel like I have to help
>ask her what's wrong
>"my boyfriend is stalking me and broke into my car and I see him following me"
>;__;
>i try to comfort her
>finish ringing up her items, she pulls out her card to pay
>card rejected three times
>she starts to cry and panic about having opened her sprite already and had no other way to pay
>i pay for her sprite despite her telling me it's okay
>she leaves
>i feel super bummed and worried for her

I hope she's okay.

Posted this in another thread, didn't realize this was more active
>>
>>39369329
fuck you

fuck you very much
>>
>>39370320
fuck you too you fucking neet faggot
>>
>>39370307
Yeah it seems like a huge crapshoot. Everything I read says "don't do it no jobs" or "shortage pls do it".

Economic geology seemed kind of cool too but I don't know if I would actually like that.
>>
File: supermeatboi.jpg (251KB, 800x990px) Image search: [Google]
supermeatboi.jpg
251KB, 800x990px
>retail assistant in huge dept. store
>6.84 an hour (pounds)
>absolute shit, it feels like being back at highschool and an autist with avoidant personality disorder like me is not meant to face something like the cash register where you are held constantly accountable for both yourself, the money and the customer
>shit a-levels due to various complications and now trying to get into university on a whim
>>
File: giphy.gif (952KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
952KB, 500x425px
NEET here. My mom says I have to get a job soon since I can't (and refuse to) go back to college. What are good jobs for socially and mentally retarded robots? I was a dishwasher before and I thought the work was awful on busy days especially, but it was nice not having to do a bunch of talking.
>>
File: 1488332685955.png (186KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488332685955.png
186KB, 480x480px
>>39370287
I walk both to uni and work, sometimes my grandma drives me. I was about to buy a bike to use in the city but a relative gave me theirs to borrow, I just need to fix it, get some lights, etc. I'm always too tired and find an excuse not to do it though. Depressing-
>>
>>39370319
>tfw a 17 year old chanwhore gets paid more than me

kill me.
>>
>>39370368
probably the worst in this thread besides the neets, sorry for your luck anon
>>
>>39370369
Burger place waiter guy here.
Go flip burgers, we have some really retarded burgerflippers, but they do good work, they just dont like to talk too much.
>>
File: IMG_5726.jpg (310KB, 578x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5726.jpg
310KB, 578x900px
>>39369329
>>job
railroad
>>pay
$80k a year
>>if it's a good job, how did you land it
I was one of the 4 they picked out of 130, dafuq if I know. It pays good but you get treated like shit and constantly away from home working
>>how is your current life situation
dead inside emotionally, living comfy financially wise so could be worse I guess
>>
>>39370338

My uncle made lots of blood money by working for an energy company using his geology skillz to find oil pockets in the American southwest. That's always an option, however I sincerely think that long before you would retire, oil will become outmoded.
>>
File: 1460604343122.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460604343122.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>39370369
why exactly do you refuse to go to college?
explain in detail why
It's not intelligence related, because most courses are memorization based, a thing you can get by just reading the fucking books on the subject
>>
>>39370447
>treated like shit
what kind of work do you do exactly on a railroad and who are you treated like shit by?
>>
>>39370465
Yeah environmental shit seems like a stable field to get in to (I know trump cut a bunch of budgets for it but I would hope people realize environmental regulations aren't just there to be annoying and it would get more funding).

A government job would be ideal but working for a firm would be good too.
>>
>>39370447

>dead inside emotionally, living comfy financially wise so could be worse I guess

This is my dream
>>
>>39369329
I make 28$/hr for 40hrs and 45 for the last 20hrs, i work in a mine drilling. I pay about 40k in taxes a year, your welcome neets
>>
File: Regulations.jpg (69KB, 575x764px) Image search: [Google]
Regulations.jpg
69KB, 575x764px
>>39370505
pick the subfields that are useful and actually produce valuable content, and you'll be fine
if it produces jobs, you're fine, if it prevents or closes jobs, you're probably going to lose it eventually
>>
>job
data entry desk job

>pay
roughly $19 USD per hour (2x min wage in my country) + benefits

Honestly just found it on twitter one day

Pretty good, 25 kv next month and no gf ever so not great in that aspect. Live at home saving 95% of what I earn and plan on throwing it into some investments
>>
warehouse manager

$15/hr +extra 250 a week because i get paid under the table as well. i work for some old school italian families who own the business.

i got the job from a friend.
>>
I have an interview for a job as a driver for a big car dealer. Wish me luck, seems like a dream job
>>
File: 1502853964126.png (541KB, 501x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502853964126.png
541KB, 501x720px
>>39370407
I'm probably more retarded than they are (unless they're literally retarted). Burger flipping sounds too fast paced for me and I don't want to risk burning myself. I saw burger flippers at the restaurant I was a dishwasher at and it didn't look appealing.
>>39370476
I hated it. I felt so stupid there and inferior to everyone else. I remember in my low skill college algebra class we were getting our exams back and I failed badly and everyone else passed and they could understand it but I didn't and I came close to crying. But even worse than math is English and writing papers. The night before I dropped out I tried for 6 hours to write the essay that only required 4 paragraphs. A one page essay. I couldn't even do that. I only came up with half of the intro and that was so shitty I just deleted it. Even if I could write I wouldn't want people to see it
>>
>>39370577
eyyyy badabing badaboom
>>
>>39370542
That's why I originally was interested in water conservation, everyone needs water.
>>
>>39370369
I got a job recently as a 3rd shift shelf stocker at a grocery store.

It's hard work because I have to pull huge pallets and lift heavy stuff but it's not as bad as it could be. The worst part is my feet hurt really bad.
>>
>>39369329
>Job
Amazon warehouse worker
>Pay
$14 after some raises
>how I landed it
I just applied and got the position, needed more than mcdonald's money. It's whatever, nothing I would write home about.
>current life situation
barely scraping by, living alone in a small apartment but working towards a good body because nothing else to do.
>>
>>39370627
Real talk anon: if you can save up a lil cash, buy nurse's shoes. They're unisex and are designed SOLELY to make it comfortable to stand for over 12 hours.
>>
File: reallife.gif (2MB, 432x238px) Image search: [Google]
reallife.gif
2MB, 432x238px
>>39370400
haha never thought i'd see an actual sympathy post on this board, thanks anon

>tfw took 9 months to just get 1 interview
>friend started looking for work in july and got a job within a week
>it pays more than mine and he does less work as its extremely empty on a normal day
>>
>>39370592
dude burger flipping is fast paced but it is not hard. I used to work as a burger flipper and had these retarded ass shifts (thanks to my dick manager) that had me working till 4am closing nights on saturday (when all the bars let out) and then working opening to close on sunday (running the whole store basically). One of these days I was so fucking tired and basically blacked out on the grill. Like 5 minutes later I came to and asked my buddy what the fuck just happened, he said I just kept on working and didn't even notice anything.
If i can flip burgers while partly asleep you can flip burgers if you're partly retarded
>>
>accounting clerk
>$14/hr
>basically just deposit checks and send mail a few times a day, then shitpost on 4chan the rest of the day
>living with parents, need another part time job if I ever hope to move out

So its good because its easy but bad because I can't really afford shit
>>
>>39370649
I have some money and I work again in two days and was going to buy shoes before then. I weight like 300lbs and am used to sitting all the time. Also the shoes I've been wearing I've had for 4 or 5 years and they don't have a sole and are really worn down so there is pretty much no support/comfort.
>>
File: 1475015517683.jpg (28KB, 570x313px) Image search: [Google]
1475015517683.jpg
28KB, 570x313px
>>39370592
You're shit because you have no practice
I couldn't do essays at fucking all very recently
so I just decided to do dozens of them repeatedly about many different topics, all while reading up on what an essay IS
eventually I got the hang of it, and now I can shit out essays like a grandmaster
this is the power of trial and error, it took me well over 100 multi-page essays to get to my level, but if you do the same, you inevitably would reach my level too

also, about what other people do, look like, or what people think about you, STOP GIVING A FUCK ABOUT IT
focus completely and exclusively on the quality of YOUR work, not about theirs, focus on improving YOURSELF, not them
>>
File: 1499730093619.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1499730093619.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>39370697
>300lbs
put down the fork you fat ass fat fuck
you do not need to shove a cake into that disgusting hole you call a face every 5 minutes, you wretched abomination
>>
>>39370279
It can be difficult yeah. I'm in Ontario, Canada and it's still fairly difficult. I got lucky my boss really liked me.
>>
>Graphic designer at my school
> $14 leafbucks an hour
> Live in comfy apartment with one chill roommate (basically my only friend though)
>>
I work at a rubber factory operating a saw. Mostly just cut hydraulic hoses all day for $13/hr. It ain't that bad it just gets hot as fuck in the summer and its miserable. People pass out from heat exhaustion all the time.
>>
File: 1503804611787.jpg (339KB, 1600x707px) Image search: [Google]
1503804611787.jpg
339KB, 1600x707px
>>39370738
>living in ontario
the eternal nightmare, that is
t. Toronto
>>
>>39370763
do they get workers comp for that shit?
>>
I pack socks into rubber bags for $9 an hour. i've worked at this plant for 10 years.
>>
>>39370484
drive the train. get treated like shit by management, we have a turnover rate from people quitting or getting fired

>>39370507
apply for a job nig. bnsf, up, csx, Norfolk southern, Canadian national.

can't even have a relationship since I'm constantly working away from home senpai, feels pretty bad man
>>
>>39370722

This is highly amusing.

kukukukuku
>>
>>39370722
if i cared about not being fat i wouldn't be fat
>>
File: 1503885749567.jpg (79KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1503885749567.jpg
79KB, 700x700px
>Solar service guy
$30/hr, 50hr a week
Luck
Breddy good. House, cars and such
>>
I work at a restaurant and make about 10 euro an hour and 30 euro worth of tips every week.
I set up outside and walk the owners dog. This is everyday for three hours. It's fucking easy work. I often go sleep for half an hour when taking the dog out. Everyone wants the job I have so badly it's fucking hilarious. Boss just keeps shredding CVs. Boss is a legend. Chef is a bit of a sarcastic cunt but I avoid him as much as possible.
>>
>>39370895
wat
you're telling me you have a job walking a restaurant owners dog? And you make tips for it?
please tell me this is bait
>>
>>39370886
>house cars and such
wife?
>>
>>39370627
I'm too weak to do that. I'm literally weaker than my mom.
>>39370661
I see. I think I'll consider it then if I can't find anything better.
>>39370702
I don't want to practice. Even if I would practice, I would still fail just like all previous attempts. And I can't just stop caring what people think, but that's not even the problem. I feel bad not because others see me as worse than them, but because I see myself as worse than them
>>
>>39370941
>I'm too weak to do that
it just depends where you get assigned

I got assigned to pet stuff, so I have to do the pet food and cat litter which is heavy

other areas don't really have heavy stuff
>>
File: 1452971200267.jpg (82KB, 465x585px) Image search: [Google]
1452971200267.jpg
82KB, 465x585px
>>39370941
>WAAAH LIFE IS SO BAD
>WAAAH I DON'T WANNA TRY IMPROVING
>WAAAH GIVE ME PITY
Please sir, please go kill yourself as soon as you possibly can, for you are a complete and utter disgrace to humanity, and do not deserve to continue holding the title and appearance of a human
>>
>>39369329
Big 4 audit senior in a third world banana shithole.

The pay is horrendous, given that I am a "brown spic".

The experience is the best on finance, accounting or related professions.

It's kinda complicates, doing the work is the easiest thing, overlooking problems and obstacles or planning ahead is kinda complicated, gotta deal with the major depression and addiction at the same time. Using all the time wherever you are plus working plus using at night plus being smashed all the time complicates everything.
>>
>>39370918
Nope. Not lying. It's fucking great desu.
>>
>>39369329
>job
Research Technician (internship)
>pay
Slave labor
Master's Degree
Living with parents. Been trying to apply to similar jobs that actually pay but it's tough. At least I am published, but that doesn't help me at all with my life situation.
>>
>>39371063
well if you don't mind could you please expand on every single point you made in your first post then? I'm still trying to make heads and tails of it all. Like what does "i set up outside" mean? Why is the boss a legend? What are CVs? Etc.
>>
File: 1462337697354.jpg (89KB, 679x657px) Image search: [Google]
1462337697354.jpg
89KB, 679x657px
>>39370960
I'll consider it
>>39370993
>t. somebody that was born attractive and intelligent
you can only improve so much. I could spend the rest of my life trying and it wouldn't be worth it to me. I'm also incredibly lazy and there's nothing I can do about that. I'm too scared to kill myself and I don't even hold the appearance of a human considering how ugly I am
>>
>cashier at restaurant
>$11/hr plus tips and meals
Living situation
>Currently living at home, will move out early next year
>Have 11k saved up from working, going to spend it on a down payment for a cheap town house when I move to uni
>Job is alright, coworkers are nice and I get the hours I want
>>
File: 1466618167708.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1466618167708.gif
1MB, 260x260px
>>39371133
>you have to be attractive and intelligent to put any fucking degree of effort into life
no
you're just a lazy nigger that doesn't even want to consider not being a lazy nigger
get off your fat ass and do shit, you fucking troglodyte
>>
>>39369329
>Fry cook at burger place part time.

>$10.00hr part time

>Got desperate, got depressed, walked in a 4 mile radius to every place with a hiring sogn and applied.

Shit. A month ago I was in a great relationship that I thought was getting better. I went to china with qt3.14, spent a lot of time prior saving by working as a caregiver. Proud of my trip since it was the first thing that I really ever accomplished. We were rocky for awhile, but we fell in love again during the trip.

In a layover in Beijing leaving china she called me and her parents thought that I do drugs when it was her brother who did it, so I took the fall.

Her parents told her I might not be a fit, since im not rich (she is), i make her care less about her reputation (she was a fob), make her less classy, worry about money, too dependent, depression affected her etc. All true, but I was trying to get my shit together, we both were, and I thought that she would be there with me. She broke up with me on the phone continents away, telling me I might have a chance if I figure out my things, like job and school. (Do note she has been emotionally abusing me, and I her with my insecurity a la Gerry Smith)

Then I found out she's pregnant.

It's been hard livibg at this point. I think about suicide every day. Parents would disown me if I took meds. Nicotine helps so i self medicate with gum, Ive since quit smoking.

The incident has since exacerbated my episodes of depression when managed by nicotine. Feel guilty, angry, sad, suicidal ideation. Call her too much during depression, even though knowing it reduces chances of healing relationship from both of us. So fucking lonely, she was my best friend, literally why I woke up in the morning. I had another friend, but she's been growing apart and will move soon.
I am so lonely. I really love her

Work is okay. Not that hard, but I suck at the pacing and timing. I make a lot of shit mistakes.
>>
>>39371100
Well I cut the grass, wipe tables and set umbrellas. A CV is a resume. Boss takes no shit from anyone. He has banned wifi and lattes or anything shite. American education I'm assuming?
>>
>>39370929
Yee and kids
>>
>>39371178
I could put effort into life and it wouldn't be worth it. Instead of failing classes, I could put in effort and come out with a B (if that), while some people with 140+ iqs (half of this board) don't try for shit and pass with flying colors. They even brag about just that. Also I'm not fat, I'm 5'11 and weigh 120 something
>>
>>39371191
>american education im assuming
yes but literally everything mentioned in this post should have been in the first one you tard. Your first post made it out that your job title was a dog walker for a restaurant and you somehow made tips for it. What they hell was I supposed to think?
>>
File: 1499724514888.jpg (36KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499724514888.jpg
36KB, 1920x1080px
>dentist
>pay usually depends on how many patients i get and what they need. but usually i can make around $22k in less than 3 months if i have to do dental implants or teeth reconstructions to a bunch of patients
>dad is also a dentist and i always looked up to him while growing up, he thought me all the shit he knew until i was 20, then we assembled a small dentist office for me in our old garage and luckily things have been going well over the past 4 years
>my current life situation is kind of fine now, definitely better than in the past and i get by quite alright
>>
>>39371224
good for you man
origininingalln
>>
File: 1462130407004.jpg (98KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
1462130407004.jpg
98KB, 640x452px
Damn, I thought I had the worst job on here but I guess not.

I'm a janitor at a government office building which sounds terrible but honestly it's pretty nice as far as manual labor goes. I clock in alone whenever I want past 5 o'clock, empty some trash cans, restock the bathrooms, spot vacuum and run a rag over anything that needs it. The whole job takes 2 hours max.

The rest of the night I exercise, surf the web, talk on the phone, play video games and read. It even pays pretty good and has excellent benefits.
>>
>cashier at a grocery store
>$9.50 an hour
>always busy as fuck
>all my coworkers are 50~ year old menopausal women
>almost all customers are fat trashy women on gibs or bitchy soccer moms

i can count the amount of attractive female customers I've had on one hand. I'm afraid I may soon turn gay if I'm exposed to more disgusting "women".
>>
>>39370319
>you guys look wat a good person i am!!! i was all worried about this girl and paid for her stuff! see what a good person i am everyone? i am totally not posting on 4chan anymore and i am totally not an evil slut who fucks people over for money and sells nudes online and there totally isn't endless evidence of me being an evil piece of shit!! orbit me!

emailing your dad with your post, ciara
>>
>job
I work at an animal shelter in Phoenix.
>pay
minimum wage, $10.00/hr
it's not that great of a job but it's not really that horrible. it's just bleh. I interviewed and got the job.
I live on my own in a tiny hole in the wall studio. it's not shitty or amazing. it's pretty comfy.
I can sustain myself but not exactly thriving over here.
>>
>>39371324
nothing wrong with liking feminine men
>>
File: snotferret undies.jpg (156KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
snotferret undies.jpg
156KB, 720x1280px
>>39371324
>I'm afraid I may soon turn gay if I'm exposed to more disgusting "women".
DO IT
>>
File: 1471374853777.jpg (103KB, 850x765px) Image search: [Google]
1471374853777.jpg
103KB, 850x765px
>>39371246
>some people may or may not do better than me at some things
>thus I will not try at fucking all
seriously my friend, kill yourself as soon as you can, for you are a complete retard that cannot manage even the most basic expectation of being a living creature
YOUR INTELLIGENCE DOES NOT DETERMINE SUCCESS
YOUR LEVEL OF EFFORT DETERMINES THAT SUCCESS
YOU COULD BE A 100 IQ AVERAGE FUCKER, AND STILL SUCCEED IN WAYS YOU COULD NOT EVER IMAGINE BECAUSE YOU WERE WILLING TO PUT YOUR NOSE THE GRINDSTONE AND WORK THOSE TRIPLE OVERTIME WEEKS

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE BRAD FUCKING PITT TO WIN AT LIFE, YOU FUCKING SHIT EATING CUNT
>>
>>39371353
>>39371370
don't turn this into another trap thread fags. We have at least 10 in the catalog at all times and up till now this has been a good thread. I'm being as sincere as possible
>>
>>39371258

You're being quite needlessly autistic about that anons job. It's not his fault you're an illiterate idiot whose poor education prevents him from understanding basic sentences
>>
>>39371400
excuse you; say please
>>
File: AV1pqkt.jpg (67KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
AV1pqkt.jpg
67KB, 432x648px
>>39369329
bike messenger
i make like, at least 2k a month, sometimes more if theres a lot of deliveries
love the job. dangerous as hell, really stressful, super physically demanding, but nothing beats being out and free in the city all day, riding around. no bosses, really. no customers. it's pretty rad
stumbled on it randomly on CL and always wanted to do it. worked at a bike shop for awhile before and i know the area super well so i was a good fit.
no college or anything. just riding and making art.
>>
NEET atm, what jobs do you lot recommend?
>>
>>39371530
read the thread dude, there's a bunch of ideas here
>>
>>39369329
>job
Tutor at my college
>pay
$11 an hour, roughly 8 hours a week. The schedule will likely change soon to give me more hours and I'm expecting a raise.
>is it a good job
I can't complain about the job. The subject I tutor is fun for me to work with and I frequently have the room to myself so I can just sit alone and chill for a while since it's not a high demand subject every normie takes like math.
>How did you land it
I got it because my teachers needed a new tutor fast and they knew I was a good student.
>current life situation
I'm still living at home, finished my degree, no gf, looking for a new job that pays better and getting burnt out by the rejections, low self worth, anxious as fuck, likely depressed, shitpost on /r9k/ daily.
>>
>>39371370
Id like one qt femboy

post applications pls
>>
File: 1502246778954.jpg (64KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1502246778954.jpg
64KB, 560x560px
>>39371375
>seriously my friend, kill yourself as soon as you can, for you are a complete retard that cannot manage even the most basic expectation of being a living creature
Exactly my point
>>
>>39369329
>job
Director of business development / VP sales for a craft distillery
>pay
company is pre revenue but I'm a 25% stake shareholder
It's a ton of fucking work and the people I work for aren't very business savvy but it's a rewarding project. I got it largely through nepotism, it's not above my skillset but if I were to apply for this position on the free market I would have a lot of more qualified competition.
All my needs are met and my work is rewarding but I'm still not happy
>>
>Hotel Housekeeping
>$10.50/hr
>seems alright, just started and still training

My last job was a few years ago and in fast food, I wanted to blow my brains out every day. This seems a bit more chill. I only work on weekends. I'm a student and I'm pretty set financially from whoring out parent's veteran benefits, mainly got it to not have a completely blank resume.
>>
>>39370141
How the fuck are you on 4chan if you live in a literal slaver society
>>
>>39371188
abortion? or/
>>
EMT

Did a 180 hour course, passed the exams, got certified.

Pays $21.50, but 10% bonus for nights and time-and-a-half overtime opportunities abound (stacks with 10% night bonus for about 35.50 an hour).

I like it but it's in the 911 system so it's stressful as fuck. I'm not bad at the job but I'm always nervous I'll fuck up cardiac arrest calls or other serious situations. I'm getting better at it though as weeks go on. Just a summer gig so I can take a quick 8k post tax back to uni to uni to pay rent.
>>
>>39372540
Also before any autists ask, no you shouldn't do this. The course legitimately requires studying and effort, and social interaction is a MASSIVE part of the job. Also, you have to get along with partners.

If you're incompetent or autistic maybe you can get a job like this, but you'd have to work for a private company doing transports for 10-12 an hour depending on your area. 911 is where the decent money is but only the competent people get the coveted jobs. In fact us 911 folks look down on cuck transport agencies.
>>
>>39370400
Not worse than that slave robot
>>
I'm a dishwasher at a hospital making $22/hour. Easy money.
>>
Computer Engineer
60k a year
Decent, hours are flexible have to do 80 hours in 2 weeks.
Can't complain, I'm playing a lot of poker so I'm happy.
>>
>>39372186
The first choice
>>
subway sandwich artist
$10/h
it was not a not a good job, i landed it by applying
currently fired from my job as a subway sandwich artist
>>
>>39370799
That sounds horrible. How have you done it so long?
>>
>>39370368
Get out underage. Minimum wage is like 7.30
>>
>>39372958
Don't kill your baby anon.
>>
>>39373220
she broke up with him dude. he has no say
>>
>>39370587
good luck anon i hope you nail the interview
>>
>currently NEET because got fired 2 months ago. Was working at a state prison as a contractor
>was $11.50/hour
>applied online and got lucky during the interview
>shit because no income and might be homeless soon
>>
Upgrade lights in buildings to LED.
12.50ish if I drive from home, just under 15 if they need me to stay in a hotel. 3 13 hour shifts

Super repetitive but I don't have to deal with customers and they pay for my food when I stay in hotel and we get to scrap metal.

Probably going to school to work on ships next year
>>
>>39373988
I would honestly love a job like this, the work isn't hard enough to be overwhelming yet it still gives you something to do, you make enough money to survive, and it's relatively easy (I would imagine, once you learn it at least)
>>
File: ph7.png (343KB, 455x681px) Image search: [Google]
ph7.png
343KB, 455x681px
>>39369329
>tfw work at Wal-Mart

JUST
>>
>>39374080
sup fellow walmart cuck

>cashier at walmart
>11.40 leafbucks an hour so 8$US/hr
>it's okay i guess as a first official job
>>
>>39374080
Same until I was fired. Now I actually miss it. Pay wasn't too bad and they are the most flexible place ever when it comes to scheduling.
>>
>Nordstrom logistics (aka backroom stuff like shipping or picking up orders on the floor)
>$12.75/hr
>often me alone or just w/ my chill boss or chill older guy named Tom
>get to listen to music or even put on Star Trek/Gordon Ramsay stuff as background noise while i box stuff up

pretty comfy desu. i like it.
>>
>>39373263
We used to do shitloads of abortion jokes and stuff when we first started, and agreed it was the best choice should it come to pass. Never thought it would actually happen
>>
>>39374143
Why did you get fired?
Original question.
>>
>>39374436
Late a lot then actually got sick and had too many points so I just stopped showing up.
>>
File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
I'm a waiter at a high end Japaneses restaurant. I usually make anywhere from $100-$200 a night. I used to work 40-50hrs a week, but since I'm back in school I only work less than 40hrs.

desu even though the money is good, I fucking hate it. All my coworkers are getting on my nerves and I just feel like I will be stuck here forever. I am back in community college, but I really don't think I belong here. I'm really bad in school and the only reason why Im back in school is because I want to try and get a "real" job.

I also fucking hate seeing all the people I went to high school with come in. A lot of them are done with their degrees, have great jobs, have gotten married and have bought their first homes. And I'm just stuck here make ok money and still living with my mom while going to school and not really liking my accounting major.
>>
>>39374502
Yeah that will do it. I'm currently at 8 points and kinda nervous I will get fired. I don't think any of the managers like me.
>>
>>39374555
I got along perfectly fine with every single person there. Now I can't find another part time job. I think I might go back to walmart once the 6 months are up.
>>
>>39374156
Where did you apply for this, online or in-store? I'm looking to work some place like that in the mall nearby while waiting to go to gradschool next fall.
>>
>>39370279
>geo anything

Do not fucking do this
>>
I have an IT job, not a developer although I'm trying to be. The pay is good and its pretty low stress. Life is alright aside from no gf.
>>
>>39374638
I saw there was a hiring event happening, applied online, showed up the next day for an interview nice and early and got hired. not every store is the same, of course
>>
>>39369329

>job
Lead Planner, Advertising, for a major Fortune 500 company

>Pay
$113k before bonus

Fought my everliving heart out to escape retail after graduating into the 2008 shitfuck of an economy by taking a $10/hr part time job selling birthday parties. Used my experience with the internet to start doing their social media. Kept getting promoted in marketing. Left for a greater spot in this company I'm in now. Kept fighting, kept getting promoted.

Stressful. I think I shot up too quickly. I wish I could just sleep and be left alone sometimes. I miss my old /r9k/ days a bit.
>>
>>39370941
You're limiting yourself. If you insist on continuing this whiny behavior you should limit your lifespan by killing yourself.
>>
>>39370476
Not him but money and age(24).
>>
>>39374705

those 08 09 years were fucking brutal, its coming back soon too
>>
>>39370595
fugget abad it capisce?
>>
File: 1495144169721s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1495144169721s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
>move out of my hometown 2 months ago to move to a big city in the midwest for adventure's sake

>found a nice paying job here with a big healthcare firm, start next week

BUT,

>the job is in a suburb far out from the city in what feels like the middle of nowhere

>even the suburbs of this city are expensive af

I'm so torn robots. Part of me just wants to return to my hometown where everything was cheaper and simpler and part of me wants to go forward and try this job out...

I really miss my old job, apartment and hometown
>>
>>39374836
Hello KCfag
>>
>>39374808

It's hard to believe it's been that long since that shit went down, but I almost agree. My house is now worth double of what I bought it for, but if I sold it, what would I do to live? Just pay someone else's mortgage and rent?

Schools are failing to prepare kids for work, especially when it comes to tech and shit. We just decided to hire a woman today that I thought was an embarrassingly bad interview, because we need someone that is even slightly competent.
>>
File: Micha Jawkan2.jpg (217KB, 612x868px) Image search: [Google]
Micha Jawkan2.jpg
217KB, 612x868px
>Overnight houseman at a hotel
>$8 freedombux per hour
I'm basically a glorified housekeeper, except I don't do rooms. All I do is clean the lobby, public bathrooms, sweep the parking lot, and some light maintenance tasks like cleaning the pool and swapping blown light bulbs. It's alright, the hardest part of it is to look busy for over 50% of the shift as I finish my tasks within 3 hours.
>>
File: 1483567241277.png (158KB, 366x316px) Image search: [Google]
1483567241277.png
158KB, 366x316px
> Purchasing Assistant
> 500~ a month
> It's fucking horrible
> It's fucking horrible
I know the pay sounds like a lot but it's still not enough to move out and not live in a ghetto where I live. Also, the atmosphere is so oppressive and awful it isn't worth it. I honestly miss working at Starbucks. I was making a pittance sure, but I didn't feel nearly as much like a wagecuck, and there I was literally making drinks for soccer moms and roasties, and I got to stand up and move around. Now I sit all day so my back hurts like a mother fucker. Here I feel like I'm on fucking parole because my manager hates me. It would be a bearable job if she weren't breathing down my neck and pissy with me all the time. If I so much as look away from my computer I get threatened. The ironic thing is all the other division managers like me except for the one I work directly under.. I keep telling myself come December once I've saved enough money I can go risk looking for work somewhere else but with all the expenses I have to pay (car repairs, new computer parts, etc.) I don't know if I will.
Besides, I think I'm just too autistic for an office job.
>>
How do you even find a real job, a career rather than worthless part-time nothings for wage slaves? I'm trying to avoid the government or a cubicle farm, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to bite the bullet at some point.
>>
>>39375199
500 a month doesn't sound like a lot honestly. Thinking about it that actually sounds like shit pay
>>
>>39375297
Compared to what my friends do it's a lot, so I'm conditioned to think that way. Both them and my parents tell me I shouldn't complain, but it's hard not to when I feel like I'm walking into jail for nine/ten hours a day.
>>
>>39373263
He can try to talk her out of it.
>>
>>39375254

I'm down to give legitimate advice if you want it, but I can't give solid answers for people that live in smaller cities... I imagine that path is really hard.

I feel like no matter what you do, you end up in the cubicle farm at least for a bit, but it depends on what that cube environment is to you. I have a bunch of space and a big window, at a nice corporate office, with a lot of schedule flexibility, unlimited paid vacation, etc... Just being in a cube doesn't make it Office Space.
>>
>job
Glorified email monkey
>pay
$75k/yr
It's a shit job and I hate it.
Got a degree, applied online, bumbled my way through the interview somehow
I live in a nice apartment with no furniture and sleep on a deflated air mattress on the floor because I'm too depressed and lazy to even inflate it anymore. I'm going to kill myself soon.
>>
>>39375455
if you make all that cash but aren't even motivated to inflate an air mattress why don't you move into a less nice apartment so that you can save up even more money then you currently are and then go do something to reinvigorate your reason for living?
>>
>>39369329
>job
Cashier in a supermarket, 24h/week plus occasional extra time.
>pay
800/month, but I usually reach 1000 with extra time and turn related bonuses. Eurobucks btw, apparently I can't write the symbol on this board.
I landed it by applying to an open job offer. The pay is shit, but then a literal retard could do my job.
Meh. I'm poor and have no real prospects in front of me, but I'm not really all that bothered by it, because I'm not lacking anything material anyway. I'd be happy to keep the job till retirement if I were guaranteed the business never to close down.
I kinda wish I had a gf, but of course I'm not gonna find anyone if I can't be bothered to meet people (or even just spend time with people I'm already acquainted with), so eh.
>>
>>39375564
Because I've tried "jump starting" my life 3 times by taking huge leaps of faith and doing shit way outside my comfort zone and no matter what I always end up miserable, regretting it, and wanting to die. No point in trying anymore.

That's a good thought though - thanks.
>>
>>39375621
this might not help your situation (I've never really thought of myself as an emotional help type of person at all) but if I was you I would do what I said and then go and buy a car if I didn't have it and a bunch of canned food and shit. Then I would move out into the woods and try to survive as long as possible. Build myself a cabin before I begin, grow myself a garden that can start feeding me once my food stocks run low, things like that.
I'm not the type of person who ever contemplates suicide so like I said this probably wont help, but if I did contemplate suicide, I would first try to live life as simple as possible and try to accomplish something like being able to live off the earth itself without any outside help just for the heck of it. If you're going to off yourself, why not prove to yourself and the world that life could be simpler and more happy for everyone first?
>>
>>39375621
I know that exact feel of trying to "jump start" life and nothing fucking changes.
>>
>>39375696
I think about this a lot. With every day that passes I feel like dropping everything and going out into the country looks like a better option.
>>
>$70k/yr
>software engineer
> howd i do that?
after graduating, i just starting applying for any position i was remotely qualified for. It took a month and over 100 applications to get this job.
>how am i?
I've had major problems with depression my entire life. I often ask myself if I'm happy, and I can't answer that. So then i ask myself what cluld i do to improve that situation. In the past it was fairly obvious with securing a decent job, build up savings, and make some friends to talk to. But these days I just feel so directionless. I'm trying to cut back on the liquor because I think thats creating more problems than its worth. Last time i made it 6 days without getting drunk. This time im going to try and skip a weekend.
>>
>>39375983
>over 100 applications
goddamn anon that must have broken you down a lot. How many interviews did you go through within the 100 applications?
>>
>>39375811
Wht not take jobs doing increasingly dangerous work? Maybe after youve driven convoy trucks in civil war africa for a year you could find a reason to live, like how in deer hunter christopher walken becomes addicted to russian roulette to feel alive.
>>
>>39376036
I've honestly thought about it. Maybe not that level of dangerous but something more demanding than office work. The problem I find with office work is that it commands just enough attention to keep me from going on autopilot, but the content is not interesting enough for me to care, want to do it, or not go insane from boredom. Really, I don't even want it to be dangerous, just something with some variation to it and a little excitement than just processing the same order forms for 9/10 hours a day.
>>
>>39376035
4. I was outright rejected maybe 10 times. I liked the rejection though, because it was like finishing a project. I knew I wasn't getting hired there so to just move on. Its the companies that never respond to you that suck.

Honestly most tech companies are slow dinosaurs. Hell, i just got an email today from a position I applied to 5 months ago. They want to set uo an interview, but I have no interest in moving again so suddenly.
>>
>>39376036
>>39375811
As the guy who posted the idea about the log cabin thing I think depending on your view on life you could either choose something like I said or something like this guy said. One of them moves you towards the point where you start feeling reasons to live and the other moves you towards a point where you just live, without reason, because it's what you do. Personally I strongly believe that living with reason is overrated, why can't we just live?
House cats just go day to day lounging around, what makes us any different from them if we can find a way to provide for ourselves? Why do we have to find some greater purpose in life?
>>
>>39376104
Dunno the guy's name but I know it was some French philosopher who said man's greatest anguish comes from our need to apply reason and purpose to a random universe that inherently lacks reason and purpose. So yeah, I agree.
>>
File: 1502828678244.gif (1MB, 466x261px) Image search: [Google]
1502828678244.gif
1MB, 466x261px
>>39375455
>$75k/yr
>I'm going to kill myself soon.
I hope it hurts, you ungrateful pile of shit.
>>
>job
barista at a local shop
>pay
little bit over minimum, not doing too well as a shop currently
>how did i land
takes volunteers before hiring since it's nonprofit, i asked about it since i needed service hours for a scholarship (took me like two weeks to amass the courage). first to volunteer is the first to get hired when they have an opening, i got there first out of four people who started volunteering in the span of a week. it's kinda surreal
>life situation
pretty nice, just moved off campus and am living with two other friends. really been working on life improvement stuff and DIY projects to keep myself occupied. when i did live on campus, i left my dorm for class occasionally and my work shifts, that's literally it. dorm life was ass and i would probably be a total neet had i not landed this job
>>
I finally got a job

feels ok
>>
>>39376591
now this is shitposting
originalioio
>>
>job
resident doctor
>pay
70k/year
i got good grades and test scores and a fuckton of extracurriculars, then went to med school
about to get married, 100k in debt to my parents. fiance also has 50k in debt but she makes over 100k/yr
>>
>job
Sml business banking, I make phonecalls, send emails, and process sales leads for other people
>pay
$57000/year
>if it's a good job how did you get it
I worked as a Banker at a branch for a few years, then when they launched this position I had the right combination of experience, charisma and drive to impress the bosses that interviewed me and got it. Apparently they hired 70 out of 1200 in person interviews, and even greater undisclosed amount of applicants that didn't pass the initial filters, so I feel pretty good about this win.
It's ok, I was looking to leave my branch because I slept with 4 out of 5 female coworkers and I couldn't handle the pressure anymore. But now I'm doing it again, I have this stupid desire to sleep with at least 1 in each of my 10 assigned branches. This can only end in ruins.

This year so far is going like a movie, no complains. Just one win after another.
>>
>>39376620

I did get a job, though
>>
>>39376627
>100k in debt to parents
originally this seemed like a fuckton to me but it sounds like you are going to end up in a good enough situation to where it shouldn't become that much of a burden, congrats anon, hopefully you're happy thus far
>>
>>39369567
> There is a pretty cute chick working at panera with me, thinking maybe I might ask her out to lunch or something, only problem is we never really talk since I always work a different position
Don't do it bro, trust me on this one.
>>
>>39376761
don't worry dude, I probably would never have found a situation I'd be comfortable enough in to do it anyways
>>
>"Guy who does everything" at a small office company (IT stuff, middle management stuff, scheduling stuff)
>$36k, probably getting a raise to $40k+ in 2018
>indeed.com
>live with parents, saving up to buy a house in full

It's not a bad job at all. Could be a stepping stone.
>>
File: 1435238522784.png (568KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435238522784.png
568KB, 960x720px
>>39376875
>>39376631
>>39376627
NORMALFAGS GET THE FUCK OUT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>39376946
chill m8, be happy for people for once and it might help you be happier for yourself
>>
>>39376787
Do it on your way out. If you know you're quitting just give notice and have the managers keep it on the dl then maneuver. If shit goes south you have a clean break
>>
>>39376997
good advice, here's to hoping for the impossible
>>
>>39376420
You're welcome to have the job and money.
Have fun getting yelled at all day buy self-important morons that think they're hot shit just because they work for a fortune 100.
Although the job requires basic grooming standards so I doubt you'd qualify since based on your choice of reaction image you're lkely a 250+ lb neckbeard who lives at home and hasn't accomplished anything with his life besides marathon a bunch of shitty asian cartoons and leech off his parents.

At least I tried to change my situation multiple times before I gave up. I guarantee you just sit there like a miserable fuck and have never even truly tried, you pathetic waste of life.
>>
File: Gary Indiana.jpg (2MB, 1800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Gary Indiana.jpg
2MB, 1800x1199px
>>39369329

>intern, internal medicine
>55k
>I worked really hard for 8 years and took out over 200,000 in loans for school
>I work really hard and am made to feel dumb, tired, and resentful towards the sick people I treat every day.
>>
File: cat_pizza.jpg (113KB, 631x537px) Image search: [Google]
cat_pizza.jpg
113KB, 631x537px
>>39376627
hey fellow resident faggot

wat r u, pgy 6 or something. 70k??

i am IM pgy-1
>>
>>39375063
In what part of the country is your firm located?
>>
>>39375983
I'm about to graduate with zero experience and absolutely dread this. Fuck my life honestly, not going into a co-op for computer science was the dumbest decision ever. If I knew how imperative having experience was it would have been my top priority. Currently doing pizza delivery in my 4th year.
>>
>>39369329
>job
retailcuck (comic shop)
>pay
11/hr i think? idfc
knowing the owners helped
i hate it and i hate me and i want to die
>>
>analyst/developer
>90k year, 4% 401k matching, 2.5k bonus, $720.00 HSA
>went to college and studied something super niche (genomic data analysis). Worked 3 internships to pay my way through school (2.8 GPA). Graduated college and worked as an underpaid research scientist for two years (32k in an expensive city). Got great experience and was easily hired by a private biotech company.
>My current life situation is pretty good. I never have to worry about money.

I don't have any expensive habits nor do I own anything fancy. I'll be able to save 20k a year for retirement, 10k for emergency, and still live super comfy. I don't have a qt 3.14 gf... and I'm 25 years old and starting to bald... I work out at the gym but I'm still skinny fat. I'm on 3 different dating apps, but I'm super cringey at small talk and have had 0 luck. I'll probably never find the gf of my dreams, but I think I'll be OK. I love my job, I have some really great friends, and I'm beginning not to give a fuck about women. That being said, if I could find a super cute gf, I'd be living the dream, and probably would leave r9k until she dumped me.
>>
>>39377657
2.8 gpa are you kidding me?
>>
>>39377657
>genomic data analysis
Wtf is that
also
>2.8 GPA
??
>>
>>39369329
I co-own a farm and can pocket $800-$970/week depending on the season. Mid spring-early summers is when I earn the most but I have to work a side job in the winter. But it's no problem because in a decade or so I'll be sitting on a throne of cash thanks to /biz/
>>
>>39369329
work for myself as a printer
pay is... highly dependent on how much i hustle in a given timeframe. so low. very very low. but i can get anywhere from a hundred bucks for an hour of work to a few thousand bucks for a week or two of work. it just depends. plus i make my own stuff and sell it.
its okay. i can drink on the couch when i want to and work late into the night and wake up late. i make enough to do drugs.
my life sucks though. im depressed. if i worked harder i could be less broke at all times, but idk.
>>
>>39369329
>job
Unemployed. Last worked in hospitality.
>pay
$256/week unemployment check
N/A
I don't see a way out of this hole. I graduated with a BA in political science in 2011. My 3.6 GPA from a mediocre state school is nothing to brag about. Other than that I have nothing to sell except years of experience in dead end minimum wage jobs.

I've never made more than 20k a year. I hate living with my parents. I'd hate living with room mates while working a job I hate. It might be ok if I landed an interesting job. I just want a comfy place of my own or an interesting job. It doesn't help that I'm a 29 year old kissless virgin and have no friends.
>>
>>39377683
>>39377705

Yeah, I'm a total brainlet, but I got lucky (my professor took pity on me) and put me as 3rd author on his publication. I got a bunch of pubs from my research job and I just didn't tell the biotech company what my GPA was (they never asked). I eventually learned R and Python and a lot of biology/biotech. Now I'm 25 and pretty competent at what I do.

I barely passed calc, python, and algorithms. I even failed software engineering and data base systems. But fuck it, lol got a super chill job where I only work 35 hours a week (from home if I wanted) and have free access to a gym, snack bar, and luxury coffee machines.
>>
>>39369329
Is CS a meme? Is it really true that you can get payed 70k or more to tool around for 40hrs a week and get payed?
>>
>>39377705
I analyze DNA from different experiments and optimize statistical methods that improve experimental design, workflow, and analysis.
>>
>>39377814
>a person like this gets a job
>someone actually competent doesnt get a job

It's all just luck. Why bother?
>>
File: _20170818_021959.jpg (94KB, 1080x1069px) Image search: [Google]
_20170818_021959.jpg
94KB, 1080x1069px
>job
Seasonal Pack/Ship associate at golf ball factory

>pay
$21-$24 per hour

Depends on the person I'd say. It's a super easy job, really low stress, and decent pay for what you do. I personally don't like it, but if you're content going to the same place every day and doing the same thing all day long, it's not a bad place to work. I found out about it through a family friend who worked there. Started through a job agency making $9.50 an hour, got hired by the company in 2013 and slowly worked my way up. I'd say the biggest negative is management. Right now they're screwing me over while I'm out of work. I'm laid off right now and I found out about it from a co-worker. I called the director of HR to figure out what's going on, but management from the plant I work at are lying to my face, and changing records in the computer system and introducing new training programs to cover themselves.

I'm realizing how fucked I am, and how badly I've screwed myself. I've been working at this place since I was 18(25 now) and it's really sinking in now. I work maybe 6 months out of the year then collect unemployment for the other 6. When I am working, I'm typically unhappy because I work an embarrassing job and I'm surrounded by toxic people. I need to find an actual career so I can start saving money to buy a house so I can grow the fuck up. I'm thinking of going for my class 2B license and trying to find a job driving excavators, but my depression and crippling social phobia are preventing me from doing it. I just need to tell myself to man the fuck up and do it. I can't keep digging myself further into this hole.
>>
>>39377882
>It's all just luck. Why bother?

Naw, I had to solve white board problems and do a coding test for my current job. I'm definitely not the smartest person in the world, but I worked pretty hard to get where I am. People often think I have a PhD when I only have a bachelors, I'm just terrible at taking university style tests.
>>
>kindergarten teacher
>around 4000usd a month
>its a great job, i get payed to play in a sandbox and have an atleast 2 hour break when the kiddoes nap, went to school for it, and applied for jobs at different institutions
>living in a big 3 storyhouse with my parents, my mothers best friend and her husband, my cousin and her children,
>>
Investment Banker.
Made 890k last year.
It's a great job, I worked hard to get it.
My bank balance is the only good thing about to my life.
>>
>>39378045
Out of curiosity where did you go to school/how did you break in assuming this is not a LARP
>>
>job
professional writer - rewrites, pilots, advertising (mostly independent contractor stuff)
>pay
$25 an hour to $600 a day
years of professional work in comics and tv. also, making lots of friends who land me gigs
single, money okay, wish my apartment was better but got it at a time where i was looking for something quick and i'm hardly there.
>>
>>39377014
Nothing is impossible but you should try to build up a connection of some sort before going all in like that
>>
File: 1503220131806.jpg (49KB, 348x492px) Image search: [Google]
1503220131806.jpg
49KB, 348x492px
general stagehand
$23/hr
I started theatre in hs. learned all the tech stuff. got a job for a production company for $15/hr. got more experience and went to a company that pays better.
job is easy as fuck and its freelancing. 5 hour minimum fee for any job. Some jobs are easy so i get $115 for 2 hours of work. only work like 20hrs a week because I'm lazy
about to quit this job tho. I'm starting university and the stage manager wants to hire me for the campus as well. so i can not have to drive to work. I just have to walk there from my dorm. pay is only $20/hr tho but I think I make more since I don't have to drive anywhere
>>
>>39371224
Lucky you. My dad makes similar money but has to give up most of it to greedy women he spunked in a long time ago. Fuck women
>>
>>39369329

>Army Engineer Officer
>Currently 92k CAD Gross
>Complete luck. I applied as an Infantry NCM Reservist. Scored incredibly high on the aptitude test and they offered me a higher ranking job
>Supporting a spouse who just finished a PhD and is starting to teach lectures etc. Living middle class style.
>>
Desktop Support
50k a year

If I was 30 this would be a shit job but the fact that I am only 20 and got into an industry with a lot of growth and self study opportunities is just amazing.

How I got it?
Did 1 year of TAFE which is college of some sorts for burgers. And just applied. It's easy it is chill and it's a fun environment. Also the second youngest is 28. But hopefully I move on in 2 years and start making a little more money.

Current life situation is simple. I am happy and am looking to moving out with my best friend. Hopefully that goes through and also I am hoping to turn 100 of crypto to a 1000 and I am going to continue playing with it.
>>
>>39377370
pgy 3 IM
my program pays a lot kek
>>
>>39369620
>>39369680

Hey you sound like a nice guy.

no homo
>>
>>39369329
>job
CVS cashier/clerk
>pay
>11.00$ increasing due to min wage (now 10.50)
>getting job
got job from a vendor that knows me, friends with by younger brother
>life situation
Getting engineering degree
Work hours shift usually 32 to 26 hours
Getting used to working and college classes
>CVS job
I work in the back most of the time, workers and management are good, crustmers are bad most of the time being located in rich white neighborhood. Cashiering is bad, small store compared to other CVS stores but it is high volume getting two truck dilevries a week. All the pharmists are normies, the people working regular are parents , people with 2 jobs, and community college robots.
It's a good job
>>
>coworkers go out to bond
>everyone at work always talking about where they went last night without me
>loudly right in front of my face
>obviously can't make conversation because I wasn't there
>wait for someone to ask "hey anon, why didn't you come to x with us?"
>no one asks

I-is this how school shooters feel?

How do I become a NEET?
>>
Security Guard
10/hr
Can't complain, I get a lot of school work done
Just got promoted to supervisor but I think its just a job title
>>
I'm doing warehouse work and accounting in my family's pharmacy until I learn how to run it myself so I can fully inherit it.

I make about 1200 bucks a month after taxes even now so I can't complain.
>>
>>39369329
>job
Hospital admin
>pay
$29/h plus full benefits (4 weeks paid leave, sick leave, super/401k)
Luck
Average. I was a neet for 4 years so I am still behind everyone my age. I live at home but have massive savings due to working full time so can always buy things/go out without a single care regarding money.
Love life is lacking but I'm not a virgin
>>
>job
Produce Warehouse Worker
>pay
$10/Hour
Uncle is owner
Getting Electrician diploma. Back problems, but not major. Only friends are people in my D&D group and band
>>
>>39370592

retard's guide to essay writing

https://medium.com/practicecomesfirst/dr-jordan-b-petersons-10-step-guide-to-clearer-thinking-through-essay-writing-1ab79a94937
>>
>>39376420
>money makes you happy

commie detected
>>
>>39370170
do you live in washington state my dude
>>
>>39372003
ayy housekeeper here as well
Really depends on who you are working with. Here I get treated like shit and I'd prefer burger flipping again. Gets really exhausting on busy days and the responsibility you have is not worth it.
>>
>>39379296
make the effort to include yourself if you care so much

>but how do i-

literally just let them know you're not a block of ice.
>>
File: 1500074379016.jpg (148KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1500074379016.jpg
148KB, 850x850px
>job
Software developer
>pay
~70k
Graduated and applied like crazy maybe (30-40 companies) with no internship or job experience but I had some side projects and really hard classes to help me out. Surprisingly one company reached out. Interview was grueling (3 soft skills interview, 1 tech interview with 3 problems, 1 coding interview) but somehow got lucky. Feels great that I got the job without any connections because sister always kept saying that getting a job was all about connections but why the hell would I do that when I barely talk to anyone or have any friends.
It's pretty good. Realizing now how hard it is to do something on the side while working full time. Want to draw, make games, or learn moonrunes but most of the time I just wanna do nothing. Also wish I had a gf to watch anime with.
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.