[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strength training is the robot's path to salvation. Disclaimer:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: swolejesus.jpg (42KB, 354x404px) Image search: [Google]
swolejesus.jpg
42KB, 354x404px
Strength training is the robot's path to salvation.

Disclaimer: This board has given me a home for some of the darkest times of my life. This will likely be my last post before uni starts and I leave this site forever. If I could give one thing back to this community in return for all the genuine laughs and sense of identity that you have given me, this would be it. The result, however, is not a short read.

>Like many of you, I reached a point in my life where nothing felt real. Any initiative to turn my life around crumbled under the weight of my own hypercritical cynicism. The shadow of failure and inadequacy lurked around every corner, plagued my every thought. It slowly eroded my will until my mind was a wasteland of incomplete thoughts and inarticulate dreams. I descended to what I thought would be my final resting place in NEET life.

>So, with nothing but endless, meaningless time on my side, I turned to an old weight set in my parents' basement in a halfhearted attempt to impress some Stacey. What I got was so much more.

>I began, as many do, with a simple 5 by 5 program; the Mark Rippetoe Starting Strength. 3 times a week, 30 minutes a session. I devoted the rest of my time to ensuring I had proper nutrition and sleep. For the first weeks, it was miserable. I hated every second of every work out, and questioned why this venture should end any differently from any other I had eviscerated with my lack of confidence and toxic skepticism.

story continued below
>>
>And then came the fateful day, roughly 4 weeks after starting, when I caught myself in a full body mirror after a shower. I almost cried, because any semblance of confidence in my body image was an entirely alien experience to me. I looked... passable. Not good, by any stretch of the imagination, but better. And that's all it took. I quickly became hooked. When I wasn't physically in the gym, I was playing out reps in my mind. I observed sleep and nutrition religiously, and the best part was that I actually enjoyed doing all of it. Loathing became eagerness.

>For the first time in my life, I had found something that was real. It was unquestionably real. The simplicity of it all is what revitalized me; my life, which until I started was a clusterfuck of selfconcious hypotheticals, became a simple matter of numbers. And mere numbers do not deceive or lie. There was no question I could squat 200 lbs more than when I started. No doubt over the 35 lbs of muscle I would accumulate in the first year of my training. Exactly what I was doing mattered less than the fact that I was finally able to commit to something, and that made me truly happy.

Strength training gave me a basis of confidence and discipline that extended into other areas of my life. I regained interest in my childhood passions for cs and math. I've become competitive and determined in anything to which I set my mind. Entered a healthy, balanced friend group with girls that find me attractive and interesting. I've even earned the respect of the Chads at my uni, for in the gym we are able to set aside our differences and share a discussion over something we are both passionate about. Any time I feel my grip on reality or control over my life slipping again, I head back that simple realm of metal and numbers over which I am master. Strength training is both my compass in life, and the rock upon which I have built my church.
>>
Now I've been on this site long enough to know how eager its users are to hide behind genetics. In response, I offer the following.

>The most respected member my gym for my first two semesters was a 5'3 east asian guy that could deadlift 3 times his weight. No matter where I saw him on campus, he was always with some cute chinese chick or another, and he didn't exactly have the best face genetics either.

So if you are the most miserable KHV NEET, hanging onto the threads of life for no other reason that awaiting the end of your refractory period, I implore you to try just this one last thing before you commit to wizardry. You must climb, but it will be easier than you fear. We can all make it into the sunlight, fellow robots.
>>
>>39368795
Cardio actual is the salvation you seek.

Ancient humans didn't lift thousand pound logs, they chased their food. What we lack, that our bodies need, is cardiovascular exercise. It releases endorphins and oxytocin (same as what's released during sex and cuddling). Your brain needs these hormones to feel relaxed and be normal (or to bee yourself and be a normie).

Strength training is good but it releases much less of these hormones, and it's difficult to recover from so you feel sore and groggy afterwards. I'm not going to lie, getting your body accustomed to running sucks, but once you're conditioned you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. The "runners high" is a release of normie hormones that are necessary for your body/brain to be relaxed and not feel so anxious.
>>
>>39368894
Cardio has never given me the same sense of indisputable, concrete progression, though. Also I was approachong this from more of a psychological perspective than a neurological one, but as far as endorphins go youre right on the nose. To each their own, I suppose.
>>
Yeah but what if you don't enjoy all of that? I lift at home with dumbbells but when I look at some of these workout plans I feel so discouraged from even trying. I could maybe get a quarter of the exercises done and yet I'm supposed to do so many exercises in one day and that every week. Not to mention I don't have enough time to prepare food and get all the sleep I need, if I want to do anything else in my freetime, so lifting would be all I do. Also even the thought of going to the gym and people seeing how weak I am just annoys me. I also have shitty bones like my wrists are really small. I'm starting to believe lifting is not for everyone.
>Inb4 replying to this paragraph with "stop making excuses"
>>
I'm in the best shape of my life, look really good with my shirt off and still miserable and alone.
>>
>>39369214

I hated when i started to. Enjoyment shouldn't even be part of the equation at first.

Would 30 mins 3 times a week really consume ALL of your free time? And is 7 hours a sleep and 500 calories above maintenance really that difficult?

For the gym issue, you have two options. Work your way up using dumbells and bodyweight exercises before attending a gym, or get a barbell, squat rack and bench for home. Keep in mind the latter option can be expensive, though.

Also, I can wrap my hand around my wrist and touch every finger. Wrist size is irrelevant. As for weak bones, have you received a professional diagnosis of such a condition?
>>
>>39369246
Did you get to where you are through a consistent strength training program? At the risk of sounding jaded, for me the healing process was less about the end result or looks and more about the progress itself.
>>
>>39369419
>Would 30 mins 3 times a week really consume ALL of your free time?
As I said I already work out. I do 30 minutes every day. But as I said when I look at workout plans they just completely discourage me from even continuing. I don't really have an exact plan what exactly to do and the workout plans online just seem way too hard for me. That is my problem
>And is 7 hours a sleep and 500 calories above maintenance really that difficult?
I have insomnia and I'm never hungry, regardless of how much I do. I ate 2 toasts today and that is it, when I went running early and already did my workout.
>Also, I can wrap my hand around my wrist and touch every finger. Wrist size is irrelevant. As for weak bones, have you received a professional diagnosis of such a condition?
They are not really weak, just very thin like my wrist. The problem I have with that is that it seems impossible to ever get big
>>
>>39368894
strength training is better for testosterone though
>>
>>39369585
Try starting strength by mark rippetoe. It's less work than you are currently doing, and avoids a lot of the bs of online routines. It also had the best reputation of any starting program I can thing of.

What if I told you exercises taken to completion could help you with your insomnia, increase your appetite and bone density while preventing osteoporosis later in life?

https://www.builtlean.com/2013/12/11/weight-lifting-bone-density/

>They are not really weak, just very thin like my wrist. The problem I have with that is that it seems impossible to ever get big

Yeah I feel that. My wrists haven't really grown in the time since I started training either, but like I said, it's ultimately of little consequence.
>>
>>39369585
You should start with bodyweight exercises like that guy said. Get a pullup bar to put in your doorway, and have a simple routine that's basically chinups/pullups, pushups, and squats. If you get dumbbells you can add in some simple shoulder/bicep/forearm exercises with them. But you definitely have to get the diet and insomnia sorted out before attempting this.
>>
File: Tankcat.jpg (61KB, 615x545px) Image search: [Google]
Tankcat.jpg
61KB, 615x545px
>>39368795
Thanks for the motivation OP. I started doing regular training a week or so ago, and I don't particularly enjoy it. I thought it took much longer to see an improvement, but if only four weeks of training took your body from NEET to passable, that gives me a lot of incentive to continue.
>>
>>39369875

Someone once told me it takes 4 weeks for you to notice change, 8 weeks for close friends and family, and 12 for acquaintances. In my experience, this seems approximately right for most people. Keep at it!!!
>>
>consider going to gym
>realize that I'm too autistic to deal with so much as changing in a locker room

Welp, guess I'm too far gone. On the bright side, it wouldn't make too much of a difference.
>>
>>39370705
Try the home gym option if you can afford it, anon. Dumbells and a pull up bar are cheaper than you might imagine, and will carry you at least to a point where you hopefully feel more comfortable going to a public gym.
>>
>>39370759
College student, famalam.

Funny, my brother actually gave me a printed copy of starting strength that I haven't touched in like 2 years.
>>
File: 15039609018401452992941.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
15039609018401452992941.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>39370794

The very fact that you are an actively enrolled college student makes me believe you are not too far gone, anon. The college gym setup is pretty nice. You def arent alone in your fears. There's a lot of weak, first time lifters with no idea what theyre doing and you can change back at your dorm if the locker room is that much of an issue. Good form and knowledge is what separates the ridiculous from the respected in a gym more than anything else, and you already have the bible of strength training within your grasp!
>>
>>39370905
Fair enough, might as well try it that way. Apparently I'll have to order some clips for the free weights online, which is a pain, but dooable.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>39370984

If I can help at least one other robot find his way out of the spaghetti and into the light, I will consider this thread a success. Just stick at it no matter what, anon.

Also, I've never heard of a public gym without its own clips. Curious.
>>
>>39371040
Yeah, I haven't been there before, but online it said that users of the free weights were required to use clips - didn't say if they had their own.

Probably will check it out, see if there are clips available for use, then if not order them from amazon.

And I'll probably stay spaghetti no matter what lmao
>>
What about for a 290lb robot that hates what he sees in the mirror? Does lifting burn more calories than running? Should I run instead of lift? Should I do both? I want to be down to at least 200.
>>
t-thanks OP this motivated me a bit
>>
>>39371157
Muscle mass burns more calories in maintenance than any other body mass. Strength training builds muscle and raises your resting metabolism, so you burn more fat by just breathing than if you wouldnt lift. In combination with cardio it fucking shreds fat, but you have to be diligent about it and aim for eating 500 calories less than your baseline metabolic rate (which you can calc online) everyday. As long as you do that and get your daily recommeded protein and fat, youre golden bby. See our friends at /fit/ for more detailed info.
>>
>>39371348
Thank you for the info and clarification. I'll head over there and see if I can make a decent routine that'll work for me. Cheers!
>>
File: 1503962760145873076660.jpg (56KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1503962760145873076660.jpg
56KB, 640x633px
>>39371212
Soar, child. Soar!!!
>>
I just don't care about having muscle. Seeing myself improve in the mirror makes me feel worthless.
>>
>>39371727

Like I said earlier, looks were only ever a
portion of the experience for me.

Progress. Progress in its purest form: a slowly but surely incrementing set of numbers. That's what resurrected me. If progress itself depresses you than I fear I do not know how to help you, anon.
>>
You are a liar. I have been lifting all my concious mind and I have world level of strength on a few muscle groups and elite on the rest. I haven't talked to anybody irl except my parents in about 8 months now.
>>
I've been exercising regularly for years. I still hate myself and dread each workout.

I keep trying, but haven't made progress in years.
>>
The true redpill is discipline. Whether it's sticking to a workout routine, or practicing music 1 hour a day, or keeping a clean room or maintaining a sleep schedule, training and practicing discipline is the true key to getting out of this place (re: stagnation). Anything you are able to accomplish in life will be accomplished through discipline.
>>
Hey OP. I went to the gym for 3 months but didn't notice any improvement, even after doing exercises.

The thing is that i was doing strength training while i was cutting to stop being a fatass (~1400kcal/day) and i didn't care about proteins or macros. Should i try the gym again but eating a lot AND with proteins this time?
>>
>>39371780
I'm broken then because progress makes me feel even worse and how I don't deserve it. I was born to be stepped on, I'm not human like the rest of you.
>>
>>39371925

Progress is key though. Without progress, all of this would havr been meaningless to me. You likely aren't training correctly, whether it's an issue of nutrition, rest or execution.

You wanna work smart, not hard, friend.
>>
>>39372010

Absolutely. Training without proper nutrition is just spinning your wheels. Protein is critical. I intended this to be more of a motovational post than a reference for stength training basic, however. I recommend reading up on resources such as Starting Strength, and certain online communities before throwing yourself into the gym. Train smarter than harder.
>>
I am a skeleton (5'11, 50kgs so like 115(??)lbs), and I have always wanted to exercise and put some weight onto my body. Not even just for strength or anything, just so I don't look like Jack Skellington.
Problem I always figure it proper nutrition. I ain't 50kgs because I eat 3 times a day, nor can I even afford to eat that many times a day. I actually hate eating, it's my least favourite thing to do. I hate the feeling of food in my stomach, digesting, blahblah. So any time I think to myself, 'maybe it's time to at least start exercising', I'm always presented with this problem for myself.
I guess you can probably do it on the cheap, with specific types of food - but idk what foods and I would need to be in a better state of mind to actively decide to look into it.
>>
>>39372010
>3 months
It takes about six months before it's noticeable, other than your numbers slowly going up.

>doing strength training while i was cutting
You CAN do that, but not until you've built up your strength enough to compensate for the lack of calories. Remember, muscle mass burns more calories than fat mass, so your required calories per day will actually go down the stronger you get after awhile.

>Should i try the gym again but eating a lot AND with proteins this time?
Yes. You absolutely can't be a beginner lifter without eating protein. It's literally what builds the muscle in the first place and it's how you recover from soreness.

If you weigh, say, 150 pounds, try to get 100 grams of protein per day ideally. You don't NEED powder, but it definitely helps.
>>
>>39371997
A-fucking-men anon. A-fucking-men.
>>
>>39372164
>>39372176
I see, then. This thread came with good timing, i was planning to get back to the gym very soon. I'll make sure i get my protons.

>It takes about six months before it's noticeable, other than your numbers slowly going up.

Yeah, what made me notice something was wrong was that my numbers did barely go up even after three months. I was still lifting babby weights.

I've heard some guys say that lifting feels like grinding in an MMO. It's satisfying cause you see the numbers go up, and even moreso because lifting actually provides a great number of RL benefits. Is the "grinding" pleasure true?
>>
>>39372115
>You're doing it wrong
Obviously.

My point is /fit/ acts like it's impossible not to get swole after a few months of oatsnsquatz, and people like OP portray lifting as some panacea. But I have found neither of those things to be true.
>>
>>39371821

I presented it as a simple, straightforward source of personal accomplishment and a stepping stone for acheiving greater things in life. If you can't recognize how amazing what youve accomplished is because of some flimsy notion that happiness is contingent upon the number of people you speak to, then your perspective is the problem.
>>
>>39372242

I am not /fit/. It is absolutely possible to do nothing but violently spin your wheels regardless of how many oats you eat or squats you perform, if you approach training as a dumbass.
>>
>>39372241

>Is the "grinding" pleasure true?

To set simple, attainable goals and watch them be realized with diligence and effort is one of the purest pleasures I've felt in life. Lifting is the perfect model for this kind of progression, because of how straightforward and minimalistic it is.
>>
>>39372081

Strength training is such a linear matter of effort and payoff durong the first months of training, that it might very well reconfigure some of your opinions on undeserved merit. Push through the initial discomfort and see what happens.
>>
>>39372246
That is an interesting point, but I never said speaking to people brought me happiness. That is why I am not doing it.Never was my goal. If you think just because somebody is strong it would make them magically chad you are wrong.
>>
>>39372171

Look into slowly adding cheap, protein and calorie dense foods into your diet, anon. Think peanutbutter and milk. A few extra spoons of pb and a couple glasses of milk can go a looong way for someone of your bodyweight.
>>
>>39372452
I have tried a lot of times but it never sticks. All I can to you is that I can keep going but it probably won't make a difference with someone like me. I'm sorry.
>>
>>39372472

Ah, my mistake. You used the number of people that you socialize with as a metric for the effectiveness of training's capacity to induce a sense of fulfillment in life. So I assumed

>speaking to people brought me happiness

was your goal. But my mission is not to turn people into chads anon, its to provide them with a simple, concrete foundation for accomplishing things in life inspired by the straightforward, incremental progress of strength training.
>>
>>39371844

There are alternatives to the main compund lifts (i.e. leg presses instead of squats) that minimize the stress placed on your back. Consider giving these a try, maybe?
>>
>>39372581
I see how you could've thought that. Everybody here is a failed normie and wants a gf and friends, after all.
I understand what you are trying to do. I used to be like you. I tried turning around 15+ autistic nerds irl into lifting, but the moment you stop nurturing and caring and they quit it. You would need about 2-3 weeks of doing something to create a significant enough snowball/motion effect for the changes to be long term. And that is extremely hard to do, because they try to evade it. Don't expect a messege on a board to turn them around.
>>
>>39372509

Start as slowly as you need to anon. If 30 mins 3 times a week is to much, cut it down to a level that makes you feel more comfortable. Doing ANY form of exercise is infinitely better than doing nothing.

Just remember to make progress. Start slow, but catch up to more standard routines as time progresses and you get more and more comfortable with your work. And research before you step into the gym (really cant stress that enough), so your workouts are concise and purposeful.
>>
>>39372705

But if they can just reach that critical point 3-4 weeks in, all their motivation becomes self-sustaining. That's the thing that I dont think people like you and I tend to emphasize enough: training with eventual self-sufficiency and autonomy in mind.

And this message board is the only resource I have for reaching out to people who feel theyre on the brink. Ik that feel, and this is all I have to give back through, anon. I'm living proof that it can be done, you can make it back from the brink, and you can live a fulfilling life.
>>
File: 1492047191810s.jpg (6KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492047191810s.jpg
6KB, 220x250px
>>39368795
mildly inspiring fampai. thank you
>>
File: 1503751811440.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1503751811440.png
362KB, 700x700px
how does one get fit without going to a gym? i dont own weights
>>
>>39373317
>without going to a gym

Well obviously you're not gonna get super strong unless you're insanely dedicated, but there are bodyweight routines you can look up.
It's effective, it just has a limit.

Cardio of course you can do all you want though, I'd recommend something called couch to 5k.
>>
>>39373317

"fit" is a relative term. I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Insofar as strength training is concerned, I would advise slowly building your own personal gym if a public gym is not an option for you. No need to buy a shit load of expensive equipement all at once. Start simple, and let your equipment grow along side you.

Also, you dont need anything other than a squat rack, a bench and a barbell with some weights to do 90% of important exercises and claim a full "home gym" imo. No need for any of that HSN type ab blaster garbage.
>>
>>39373525
Not everyone wants to be super strong though. Body weight exercises are plenty to make you stronger and look better. You aren't going to win competitions but really who cares about that? Downside is even body weight routines expect you to have pullup bar and other equipment.
>>
What about pure calisthenics?
I do handstand push ups, pull ups,bridges, abs, squats and other push ups variations.
>>
>>39369740
Wrist wraps can help with any wrist discomfort, just don't use them as a crutch for bad form. If it's a grip strength issue on heavier pulls (barbell shrug, dead lift, shit, I even use them for pullups because i'm ~ 330 atm and having that level of grip strength for pullups is fucking rare, lol)
>>
>>39369875
If you're skinny, the gains are noticeable QUICK. Once you're in your routine a few cycles (+pct, +off time) isn't out of the question either for sexy shreds.
>>
>>39370705
You can show up in your gym outfit? Don't neccessarily have to change there though that's something you should work towards I think. That level of agoraphobia or anxiety or insecurity is going to make living life difficult.
>>
>>39375096
Fair enough. It is in Minnesota tho, hard to see myself walking across campus in shorts during the dead of winter.
>>
>>39370794
Real talk, starting strength is kind of a bad place for actually out of shape people to start. Deadlifts / squats are dangerous for people who are not flexible and they are highly form dependent. People might be trying to push weight or 1RM too early doing these exercises. Hitting quads/hammies can be really hard, especially if your knees are shit but using something like a leg sled (leg press, incline leg press) will give you a good and deep quad/hammy burn while you're still working on that flexibility to do dl / squats well. Both shoulder and hip.

If your knees are in good shape but you're not comfortable with large weights, lunges aren't bad. The machine leg curl / leg extension also hit hammies / quads just fine but once you swole up they rarely go up high enough for a deep quad burn.
>>
>>39375172
I'm not extremely out of shape - I do push ups like every other day, and I'm not fat or anything.

My brother usually makes me lift whenever I'm at his place or vice versa. Managed to lift the bar in every position but the deadlift, but I've yet to try an actual routine.
>>
>>39371157
As an addendum to what the other guy said, that keto / low - no carb shit just tears through weight. It's a rough lifestyle to maintain but there's no better. When you break down your usual daily intake when you're eating bullshit you'll find that like 70% of your calories are carbs, if not more. I ended up marinating a lot of chicken and on a ketogenic diet I could basically eat until full constantly. The fat / protein diet doesn't move through your bowels nearly as quickly and doesn't leave you fucking starving.

As taboo as it is, the keto subreddit actually has a lot of useful information and it's fairly upbeat. Do recommend. It's WAY easier to fight your battles at the grocery store than in the kitchen. I have never won a diet battle in the kitchen, but I can be strong once or twice a week.
>>
>>39372397
How does one react then when those goals aren't as attainable, like when one reaches 55, 60 years old? Should we all go out on top like Giani? I think about this quite a bit and I'm only 29. I think I'd like to go out from a heart attack about 50 or so so I don't have to feel that decline.
>>
>>39372490
As someone who was fat since the age of 8 years old, I've never understood the 120 pound life. When muscles are sore I just need to devour -everything-. I end up with a dirty bulk like ~1500 kcal above maintenance and then the cuts take forever. I need to learn that ascetic no food life.
>>
>>39373317
adjustible bench, adjustible dumbbells will allow you to do a full chest / arms / back workout and you could still get quads / hammies from lunges (if your knees are in good shape, can't really lunge with taped knees) and do calf raises just holding the dumbbells.

Admittedly a GOOD pair of adjustibles will run you quite a bit, like the 90lb+ bowfloex selecttech (good dumbbells, but the locking mechanisms inside can break easily if they get set down too hard / not straight enough) but cheapies with locks aren't too bad.
>>
>>39375122
Just wear a hoodie / track pants over your outfit my man. Lots of people do that while heading to the gym in the winter.
>>
File: Lawandorder01.jpg (163KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
Lawandorder01.jpg
163KB, 1024x578px
>>39368795
>This will likely be my last post before uni starts and I leave this site forever. If I could give one thing back to this community in return for all the genuine laughs and sense of identity that you have given me, this would be it. The result, however, is not a short read.
>The result, however, is not a short read.
Did anyone else hear the *Chung Chung* in their head?
>>
>>39375212
Deadlifts can be tough for someone who hasn't been lifting often. Without straps, doing a straight bar deadlift on a bar without rough knurling (the rough shit where you put your hands, about shoulder width) it's hard to get a weight that actually stresses your quads / hamstring. You'll be tempted to do an over/under grip but that will lead to uneven gains and even rotator cuff damage. The simplest solution is just to use straps (i prefer nylon / neoprene for several wraps but the woven cotton are also fine tbqh)

I guess the biggest thing is to just familiarize yourself with basic large muscle anatomy, some good isolation exercises, and knowing that however you split your workout days that hitting the large muscles (quads, pecs, traps) should be first priority on their day because it's super hard to isolate large muscles.

And eating constantly can get tedious but gains are a hell of a drug.
>>
>>39375552
Fair enough. I'll probably head to the sticky on /fit/, they always say that's where you find everything.

>And eating constantly can get tedious

Ah christ. My college's meal plan allows me 2 meals a day. I usually go with just 1 plates of asian stir fry and 2 small chicken breasts for each - guessing that won't be enough. Saw in the sticky that chicken breasts aren't good for gains, leaving hamburger patties as my only other option for straight meat. Greeeeaaaaat. That won't get old.
>>
>>39375617
Depends. With some cheap powder (the shit is all whey protein and it's fairly similar, just the more expensive shit tends to taste better) you can make up for protein as it tends to get expensive and difficult to eat as much as you'd need without it. Big lifters will tell you to split it into many meals a day (dwayne johnson, mariusz pudgenowski for instance both ate between 6 and 8 depending) but these guys are...yeah.

The good news is that chicken breast is hella cheap and those walmart rotisseries get marked down to like 3 bucks for a whole pigeon when it gets near closing time. You can make your meals up to a week ahead and the meat will keep fine in the fridge. It's way easier to pre-cook most of your meals ahead of time and just swap in something nice when you actually have the time to cook. You can cook a whole weeks worth of rice in about half an hour. On my large george foreman i could cook my thawed / marinated chicken breast for the week in about 45 minutes.
>>
>>39369214
Nobody gives a fuck how big you are, we all started small and became beasts. One day you may also. If not now, when? Might as well start, people don't look at you with disdain because you are small, just work hard and you can get results. It's worth it. It saved my life.>>39371071
They'll prob always have clips
>>
>>39368795
The only thing that's going to be my salvation is getting a job. It has been 5 years and even mcdonalds and minor diners don't hire me. Gains can tone my body but it will not heal my core worthlessness.
>>
>>39375715
Yeah, I've had some experience with cooking over this past summer. Still managed to get through some shit pretty fast - I usually made 4.5 pounds of chicken and 3 cups (dry) of rice last for about 4 days... and that was just eating 2 meals a die. I don't plan on cooking at college, though, as I'll still be in the dorms.

Good news is I've already paid for my meal plan, so eating 6-8 chicken breasts a day should work.
>>
>>39375808
Works. Just try not to get -too- bored with it. Chicken and rice get so goddamn boring even with various vegetables and spices. Get some chops, get the occasional steak, get some cheap fish. In Indiana they've started to farm raise tilapia (sp) like crazy and it's fairly cheap here now. It's like bland perch but with some good fry mix it tastes pretty good.
>>
>>39372733
thats really bullshit advice
im workout everyday for 30mins and its not too much muscles growing good
thats why you shouldnt ask the Internet for advice man im sure youre skinny neckbeard that even cant spell training lmao
>>
>>39373317
Actually anon there are some things you can do if you are willing to spend the money. You'll need to spend more to dampen the noise/protect the floor if you live in an apartment building, but depending on your schedule you might be able to work something out with your neighbors.

First of all, get an Ivanko Super Gripper for grip strength. It doesn't take up much space, is light weight, and is adjustable upwards of 145 pounds (depending on grip position). Ivanko also happens to be a reputable brand in the weight lifting world and the Gripper reflects this. I'm advertising this because grip strength is a big deal, it is predictive of quality of life in your later years. It also affects your max lifts.

Another thing you can do is buy a sand bag or a keg. They are adjustable weights and take some getting used to due to the shifting nature of their contents. But if home training is your goal you can't go wrong with either. They can be deadlifted, squatted and bench pressed. Kegs/Sand Bags can also be used for strongman exercises. Personally, I'm partial to bear hug carry since it's fun and it absolutely kicks my ass.

Whatever you do, please look up the proper form for doing any weight lifting exercises. Try not to ego lift either unless you've got a spotter.
>>
>>39376364
You shouldn't do anything involving dropping Kegs or Sand Bags in an apartment building unless you want to cause structural damage. It's an interesting idea but these both work better outside somewhere.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.