[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you Gnostic yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: Demiurge.jpg (94KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Demiurge.jpg
94KB, 800x1200px
Why aren't you Gnostic yet?
>>
>>39358252
> Reading Zohar tier Crowley LARPing demiurge shit
Enjoy your samsara, nigger
>>
File: Julius.jpg (377KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Julius.jpg
377KB, 1200x1600px
>>39358906
I'm mostly reading Evola.
>>
Can you recommend some good books to read to learn more about Gnosticism?

I became interested after reading Carl Jung
>>
>>39358960
I've mostly started looking into it myself. Right now I'm reading through Revolt Against the Modern World, which covers Gnostic themes.

I'm looking forward to reading The Lightning and the Sun afterwords, which has a Hindu spin on things.
>>
>>39358252
Because I don't believe in fairytales like a little child.
>>
>>39358933
>I'm mostly reading Evola
>Le Intellectual Nazi meme
Enjoy your brainlet books.
>>
File: Grinning Skelle.jpg (34KB, 336x335px) Image search: [Google]
Grinning Skelle.jpg
34KB, 336x335px
>>39359110
>mfw a Gnome Chomsky fan is calling me a brainlet
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (58KB, 411x358px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
58KB, 411x358px
>>39358933
If you like Evola you can jump right into Hinduism, read the Bhagavad Gita and you will feel like you're reading Ride the Tiger and Man Among the Ruins
He just westernizes orientalist spiritual doctrines, just as Schuon does
>>
Why is this becoming a thing lately?

Also Isaiah 46:10
Ephesians 1:11
Isaiah,: 45:7
>>
>>39359230
>Why is this becoming a thing lately?
Because it's really interesting. Also, emerging Far Right movements(ie the Alt Right) dabble in Evola's writing.
>>
>>39358975
This is the esoteric hitlerism book isn't it?
Stay away from Devitri Savi and Madam Blavastky, they are both cheaters and liars, Rene Guenon denounces them both as a farce, go read the greeks or anything but stay away from spiritual profiteers such as the above, Gurdjieff, Lavey and Crowley, it will take you away from your apotheosis
>>
I can't wait for death regardless of what happens
>>
>>39359306
>Gurdjieff, Lavey and Crowley
You haven't read a thing written by Gurdjieff and/or Crowley if you put them in the same sentence with LaVey.
Also, Blavatsky single handedly invented this whole thing, so you better shut your mouth about things you don't know
>>
File: Apple Sauce Strawberry.jpg (21KB, 425x160px) Image search: [Google]
Apple Sauce Strawberry.jpg
21KB, 425x160px
>>39359347
Don't be useless while you are still alive. Go help the Alt Right in street fighting.

>>39359306
When did Rene denounce Savitri Devi?
>>
Why are neonazis so stupid they feel the need to indulge in this "esoteric traditions"?
>>
>>39359370
Gurdjieff isn't a cheapstake like LaVey but he overcomplicates his works so his students won't understand shit on purpose, only so their ignorance works aa in "wow i can't grasp such tremendous knowledge, he must be truly enlightened"
Also, he advocated for obscurantism and hid everything he learned on puzzles and enigmas, if you say you figured out Gurdi I know YOU are the one spewing lies, he just wanted to sell his lies and look cool while doing it
About Savi and Blavatsky, Guenon wrote an entire article on the subject, it's on the internet
> phoneposting
>>
File: 5171B63WytL.jpg (39KB, 323x500px) Image search: [Google]
5171B63WytL.jpg
39KB, 323x500px
>>39359455
>"wow i can't grasp such tremendous knowledge, he must be truly enlightened"
Just read this book, an actual book.

>Guenon wrote an entire article on the subject
I don't care what Guenon says about Blavatski,, someone who died EVEN BEFORE he learned how to read. He was just trying to "kill" his master, for fuck's sake! And on a second-handed basis, all he know about HPB was "he says she says", doesn't it make you suspicious about the truth of his actual information?

Savi was a total hack, of course, just as everyone who got interest on the esoteric traditions THROUGH fascism and neofascist ideas.
Sorry.

not personal attacking, just stating facts
>>
>>39359582
He throughly debunked her statements and "mystical journeys" with her own statements, when I say she was a liar I mean it, and so does Guenon
>>
Because I'm a agnostic
>>
>>39358933
hahaha stop reading that terrone
>>
>>39359230
Persona 5's final boss is the demiurge.
>>
>>39360144
WOW
Tell me more, you sure are enlightened
>>
I have seen many paralels between buddhism and the little I know about gnosticism and I believe both have a reasonable amount of truth in them.
>>
File: IMG_1105.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1105.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>39361240
It probably peaked some people's interest in gnosticism is all.
>>
>>39358252
Cause i have already evolved to determinism
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.