[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r9k/ I am in the process of quitting an MMO that I have been

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: burn.jpg (185KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
185KB, 960x960px
/r9k/

I am in the process of quitting an MMO that I have been playing 6-12 hours a day for almost a year and a half. It's fucking hard and I'm extremely bored. How do you guys do it?
Trying to convert to a normie is hard and exhausting, man.
>>
>>39357333
what mmo faget?
>>
>>39357333
Get a job mmofriend.
>>
>>39357358
BDO, (almost) reached soft cap gear. It's pretty gay desu.

>>39357374
Currently looking for one, but the thought of having to put yourself out there in the world and serve others just sounds humiliating, boring and extremely exhausting.
>>
>>39357427
>humiliating, boring and extremely exhausting.
Welcome to life, if you don't like it or can't deal with it kill yourself because it aint gettin better.
>>
>>39357427
i've been looking for an mmo to play

is BDO good? would you recommend it?
>>
>>39357449
not op but the grind is ridiculous
if you're going to play it, make sure you don't play casually
>>
>>39357333

you have to replace your mmo activity with other activities or you'll just relapse.

make a list of things you can do instead. i recommend exercise because being physically exhausted will wear you down more.
>>
>>39357482
when the big summer break for university happens (i live in the southern hemisphere) i will have a lot of time on my hands and no friends to spend it with.

so a grind is okay t b h, as long as i have a time sink to fill the empty void in my life
>>
>>39357333
I started reading manga.
>>
>>39357427
I quit BDO as someone playing since launch when they jacked up the costume marketplace prices so even less people were selling value packs. It was painful enough trying to grab one when they were being listed every 5 minutes, now you're lucky to see 5 listed in an hour and getting one is a matter of winning a small lottery. I may not value my time much, but even I have to draw a line in the sand there. Just went back to WoW instead, DH is the most fun I've had with the game in years.
>>
>>39357427
I said my guild I would be taking a month break from BDO, because I'm sick and tired of it.

Currently playing Path of Exile and I'm having much more fun.
>>
>>39357449
Pretty much what >>39357482 said, if you easily get addicted to things I guess you could enjoy it, the only motivator for me to play as long as I did was for the PvP, which, while flawed is probably the best PvP in any MMO. Though, that's only really enjoyable in end game gear, which for a new player would probably take a couple of months to reach.

>>39357448
Can't kill myself yet, still have quite a backlog on movies/anime.

>>39357519
Sniping pearl items from the marketplace is quite a pain, yeah. I can't really complain though since I'm an RNG carried nigger that sniped 6 months worth of VPs (1 left now).
>>
>>39357333
play a actual game like tekken.
>>
Play WoW.
Everything is time gated anyway.
>>
>>39357333
I haven't been hooked on a game like that ever. i usually binge on a game for about a week or 2 then get burnt out.. Then a few weeks of no games at all until i find a new game to play.
>>
>>39357333
Get a job? Don't worry it's not gonna make you quit the game
Girlfriend? Same, flm
Just try some other games with friends, maybe chill / retarded stuff
>>
>>39357333
Just quit man.

Once you fall behind in a couple raid tiers or an expansion you will see how much of a waste of time it was.
>>
>>39357333
job in the day, overwatch in the evening nawmean
>>
Get yourself banned, easy simple fix either that or throw your pc out of the window.
>>
>>39357333
start another MMO, I recommend EVE online, you will NEVER EVER reach soft cap gear. Because that would be being FC of 3000 People
>>
>>39357427
>the thought of having to put yourself out there in the world and serve others just sounds humiliating, boring and extremely exhausting
Such is the price of normiedom. You've got to take it one step at a time, though. Bite off more than you can chew and it will just stay overwhelming forever. That's the trick to accomplishing most anything in life, actually: break it down into manageable steps and keep on top of it. Helps if you take note of your progress so you can feel some sense of accomplishment and progression, too. That's what video games do for you automatically, you just have to learn to apply it to your own life.
>>
>>39357333
>How do you guys do it?
Never did. I've been playing the same MMORPG since 2004.
>>
If you play long enough you'll get bored of it eventually. Just play while it satisfy you.

t.ragnarok player
>>
What guild were you in anon? I quit recently too, it was making me super miserable. Made some great friends though.
>>
>>39357333
Give away all your shit.

Go and do it, and I mean all of your shit, discard/destroy anything you can't trade and relish the feeling of the destruction of these things, really taste the pain and think about what it's made out of and then use the sacrifice as a deal to yourself to buy what you want from real life.

I did this with my MMO of choice and it changed a lot of things.

You'll go back if you don't destroy it, if you've established it as a chain that holds you down then you need to destroy it, but with MMOs you can give your shit away and spread a little happiness.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.