[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i grow myself as person /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: capture.jpg (352KB, 1081x1955px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
352KB, 1081x1955px
How do i grow myself as person /r9k/?
>>
>>39354170
you must go hike in the woods for a few days, and during said hike you must take the magic mushroom
>>
>>39354170
Find a good career path, eat healthy, and make some solid friends. Boom, instant normie
>>
>>39354170
You don't grow, you change. Growth implies you've ascended more than your previous states when all you'll ever do is change perspectives over the course of time. Time will inevitably change you as you are exposed to more and more influences, and even in solitary confinement your mind warps itself to adapt to the circumstances, if you don't change from other people then your mind will mentally create people to change you.
>>
>>39354340
so what is maturity then?
>>
>>39354524
A matter of opinion really, it's usually poorly-described and riddled with various conflicting morals depending on the cultures that be. Some may view maturity as merely being 18, others may view it as a person who has been "redpilled", able to see the world as it is. Popular opinion is being the bigger man. Either way, even if you are "mature", that doesn't mean you can't be overripe later down the road. It's more of an existential problem, like how you might view earlier iterations of yourself as foolish.
As a personal example, I've gone from someone who worked hard out of spite as a kid. I had hoped I could overcome my bullying peers through sheer effort, work, and force of will by studying. I think that was foolish of me now. I became infatuated with being normal after I was pressured by my parents, and I think that too was foolish. Now I do not care as much while being transparent with people, and even that is susceptible to becoming a foolish worldview, whether the person perceiving it sees me as foolish or if I will see myself foolish in due time. I feel that all of my previous iterations are equally foolish in their own way. The more I learn of other things, the more lesser information gets dumped over time, even if I am not entirely aware of what gets dumped, I will have forgotten unconsciously.
To me, growth only really happens physically (horizontal or vertically). That doesn't mean I exercise or anything like that, that's just how I see it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.