[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you take SSRIs and do they help?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: RRG49000.jpg (21KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
RRG49000.jpg
21KB, 288x216px
How many of you rely upon SSRIs? Relative to life before the SSRI, to what extent have things improved? I'm conflicted about retesting Zoloft. During my first trial, I experienced unacceptable insomnia and washroom issues.

Please share feedback on Zoloft or an SSRI in general. The good and the bad.
>>
>>39353408
SSRIs will fry your brain. opiates will actually help with the pain of life
>>
>washroom issues
???
Did they make you have to pee all the time, because I get that too. It was the worst at first, it stopped being as bad, but the first week I was on lexapro it was like I constantly had to pee.

Also, whether or not it makes you sleepy or makes it impossible to sleep varies person to person. SSRIs keep me awake so I can't take them before I go to bed or I'll never be able to fall asleep.

I'm on Zoloft 50mg, have been for a year or so.
>>
Super depressed wanted to kill myself, took Zoloft literally fantasized about killing myself even more while on Zoloft for 2 weeks. Went back to doc, told him to fuck off with SSRI's ordered ketamine, k-holed haven't been depressed since. Still have anxiety, take 1 mg klonopin daily, feel fine.
>>
>>39353441

I have a large prescription for hydromorphone (Dilaudid -- 16 mg per day) which I have used for this purpose. It's too disruptive. I'm trying to reduce usage.

>>39353489

In my case it's diarrhea. It's frequent and terrible at night. Yeah, I'm going to restrict dosing to the morning in order to avoid or minimize sleep disruptions. Thanks!

>>39353541

Clonazepam is something I'm prescribed as well. It's very useful but insufficient as a long-term solution.
>>
>>39353541
>1 mg klonopin daily
That actually works?

I always thought benzos were an as-needed drug because tolerance developed too easily
>>
>>39353408
I used to get bad insomnia from SSRIs. I don't understand how so many people could use them and be okay with them
>>
>>39353613
Yeah it helps me. I wanted to do it legally because I used to order clonazolam (very similar to clonzopam but more potent) I've also done flubromazolam but I found it to be too potent no matter how small the dose even with a powder scale. However before I used benzo's I just used to smoke a huge amount of dabs like 1 gram in 3 days but I quit because I graduated and need to pass a piss test now.
>>
>>39353687

I'm an anxious, depressed and semi-suicidal mess addicted to opioids. I can accept shortcomings for a life.
>>
Prozac actually works for my anxiety

>can focus for long periods of time
>no longer terrified that everyone I love is imminently going to die
>medicine killed my sex drive and made tfwnogf less painful which is the best situation for me because I'm a socially-immature ugly motherfucker
>making a lot of progress at job I like
>actually happy about the next part of my career

9/10 other than being KV life is pretty ok.
>>
tried multiple SSRIs, none did anything good, a few had some negative side effects (eg. irritable on wellbutrin, boners killed by zoloft).

Switched to SNRI and it's been smooth sailing ever since.
>>
>>39353836

I'm happy not ejaculating prematurely, but the other effects (which I haven't experienced) worry me. Good for you though!

>>39353888

Which SNRI? Is this for anxiety?
>>
I do, they do work, I just never take them because I also take lots of illegal drugs and don't want to mix them.
>>
I was on some for a few months and they just made me into an impotent zombie. I wasn't happy just dull with a heavy mind fog. Voluntarily went off them because they didn't improve anything.
>>
>>39353408
dont go back to zoloft, but try something else maybe. like prozac or whatever is usually the next one people try, people randomly have different reactions to different ones. ive used zoloft and it kind of makes me generally numb honestly, so if thats what youre looking for thats what ssris do in my experience. it sucks sometimes, but overall generally more functional
>>
>>39353979
id also like to add that small doses are an option to see if you get negative reactions
>>
>>39353541
it takes months for that shit to build in your system, if you really think youre fucked its worth a try... trust me, i thought the same thing and went all "willpower" im fucked now
>>
>>39353408

I'm very nervous about them. I have undiagnosed OCD and I'm afraid of going to the doctors and giving me a prescription for an SSRI. I've heard mixed reviews about them.
>>
>>39353408
I tried a number of SSRIs for a few months each and my experiences were horrible. Couldn't fap, mentally felt as bad as ever.
>>
>>39353408
I take cipralex. Sometimes I think I've been cured and I don't need it anymore. Then I go off of it for a few days and realize I'm totally dependent on it.

It sucks to be dependent, but at least it works for me. It's better than the way I felt before.
>>
>>39353836
What is the next part of your career?
>>
Took prozac for about two weeks. Was in such a bad state in general that I couldn't force myself to take the physical action required to take the pills.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.