[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: 1484196886043.png (263KB, 688x402px) Image search: [Google]
1484196886043.png
263KB, 688x402px
Anyone live in Japan here?
>>
>>39351939
>Anyone live in Japan here?
Nope
>>
File: received_10215136243778580.jpg (130KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10215136243778580.jpg
130KB, 1536x2048px
No, but my wife is from japan, what do you wanna know?
>>
>>39351939
Your moms basement doesnt count as Japan no matter how much ecci you glue to the walls
>>
File: image.png (42KB, 288x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42KB, 288x251px
>>39352373
>Hey wife, this virgin on the 4chin wants to know about your homeland in Nihon.
>>
>>39352373
>No, but my wife is from japan, what do you wanna know?
Is that your wife? She's cute :D how did you meet her?
do you guys live in the US? How does she like it here, do you guys go back often??

anyways what I actually needed was someone to buy me a keyboard from akihabara or whatever, I can't find anyone selling them online
>>
>>39352455
No matter how hard you try you will never fit in here.
>>
>>39351939
i used to live in japan. i was there for a year as an exchange student.

fuck you for reminding me, because now i want to go back again
>>
>>39352497
>i used to live in japan. i was there for a year as an exchange student.
>fuck you for reminding me, because now i want to go back again
how is it different from the States? Did you go alone or with a friend group or something?

I went to Europe with my family once, and I was kinda disappointed by how similar to the US it was. Like, little inconsequential things were different, but living in Europe is pretty much the same as living in the US.

Is Japan majorly different from the west, or not really?
>>
>>39352456
She's used to it
>>39352459
We met through mutual friends, she was in the US on a student visa attending an ESL school, also came before in au pair programs before I met her. We haven't gone to Japan together, we recently married so as soon as she gets her greencard we will go. Probably in may. She loves the Us, doesn't really see herself living in japan, the culture is very different and more favorable for women in the us according to her.

Yeah I'm sure we could hook you up. Can you link me the specific product?
>>
>>39352473
that's a stupid cliche imo,
of course you'll never be japanese, and you'll always be viewed as foreign to a certain extent, but that's because you are, there's nothing wrong with it. if you learn the language properly and integrate into society, make japanese friends etc. you'll feel completely at home eventually. there are enough open-minded japanese people that will treat you like just another person and if you've made friends with people you're not just a foreigner to them any more. you always will be foreign when you first meet new people but that doesn't have to be a negative thing. just accept it, because it's simply the reality that you are a foreigner.
>>
>>39352373
Are you looking for a bull?
>>
File: image.png (28KB, 1139x813px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28KB, 1139x813px
>>39352570
She shouldn't be, don't you guys have better things to do than browsing this place. Normal things?
>>
>>39352598
look at the post I was replying to
I meant he would never fit in on /r9k/, he's trying too hard and can't even spell ecchi right

that being said I agree with you completely, the only people who say "you'll never fit in" have never been to Japan, it's not only possible by inevitable you will make Japanese friends if you live in Japan and be social
>>
File: 238109381.jpg (11KB, 361x116px) Image search: [Google]
238109381.jpg
11KB, 361x116px
>>39352373
Not bad, anon.

origami
>>
>>39352548
i went completely alone, it was partially meant as an escape from my lonely university life at home and partly for self-improvement both of which worked out extremely well. i met people at the university, most of them other exchange student but also some japanese people and made lots of friends, even though i'm not really super social.

life in japan is in some ways very different from europe/the us (i'm from europe, so there may be some differences with the us that i wouldn't notice), but in other ways they are very similar. the base culture (and language!) is extremely different and people's attitudes especially with regards to work ethic, self-responsibility and interpersonal relationships are very different. food is very different, though you can get western food if you really want to. but since japan is a developed country and a western style capitalist society many things are similar as well. this is mostly quite pleasant because it means you don't have to adjust to a different standard of living. everything that comes with that system is also present in japan: supermarkets, consumerism, individualism, loneliness in big cities, university education is standard, people can generally live comfortably etc.
>>
>>39352661
She's usually cooking or ironing my work shirts or other housekeeping things while I browse.
>>
File: 1457028123201.png (155KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457028123201.png
155KB, 800x400px
>>39352570
>Yeah I'm sure we could hook you up. Can you link me the specific product?
woah no way, thanks!
I am looking for a Thinkpad X220T keyboard QWERTY Japanese Standard version

Can you ask her if she feels the culture is changing to be more equal to both sexes? I know from a legal standpoint at least there's been a big push to change Japan's social atmosphere in the last few years. Japanese employers have to publicly report the number of women in management positions, among other things, and these numbers have been rising, although critics say management in Japan is so thoroughly inflated that these numbers aren't significant, and culture hasn't really changed.

After the Dentsu suicide a few years back some (harder) limits were placed on the number of workable hours for employees as well... I think Japan is gonna change a lot in our lifetime, in many of the ways that made it a global power in the first place... hopefully this comes sooner rather than later
>>
Yep. Been living here for six and a half years.
>>
How hard is it to learn the language at a sociable level? Are the Japanese willing to teach their language?
>>
>>39352859
You mean this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.ja.aliexpress.com/amp/popular/thinkpad-x220-keyboard.html
>>
>>39352999
Depends on your ability for learning languages and how much effort you put into it, really. But most Japanese people are willing to work at conversing with you at many levels.
>>
>>39352999
>How hard is it to learn the language at a sociable level?
it takes a while, depends on you level of effort, your opportunities for immersion, whether or not you taking classes and your innate ability to deal with different languages.

>Are the Japanese willing to teach their language?
yes, very much so and they all want to learn english, so your going to be flooded with language exchange requests
>>
>>39353062
Whats the typical Japanese response to Chinese people ?
>>
>>39353278
They love chinese food
>>
>>39353278
Most people aren't too fond of the packs of them that roam around in tour groups. They're loud, take up a lot of space, don't pay attention to the people around them, and leave lots of trash behind. But individually, most Japanese people don't really have any strong opinions.
>>
>>39352886
>Yep. Been living here for six and a half years.
I'm guessing you are there for the long haul then?

What was the first year like, at what point did you realize you definitely wanted to stay there? or did you go there with that intention
>>
>>39353009
I'm talking about the Japanese version, those are the American version

It has a big blue enter key and kana on the keys

this one looks the same
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32424542272.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32424542272&productSubject=New-Laptop-keyboard-for-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-SERIES-QWERTY-JAPANESE-version#autostay

However it is sold out

>>39352886
Hey anon, would you be willing to get this for me? I'll pay you back ofc
>>
>>39354310
The first year was magical in a way. Everything was so much better than I had imagined it. I was sent to an idyllic small town full of friendly, warm-hearted people and delicious food, not to mention surrounded by beautiful nature. My coworkers were as sweet and funny as could be, and there were so many new things to experience. I guess it helped that it was my first time living on my own, as well.

I definitely didn't come here intending to stay forever, or even past four years or so. But I like the way of life here, and I managed to snag a local whom I married a few years back.

>>39354357
I doubt I'll ever find one, anon. There aren't really any stores nearby that carry that sort of thing. Sorry.
>>
>>39352758
t.went to Japan but didn't fuck jap cuties

I can tell by your virginposting. I used to do the same thing. Where you don't mention sex/women at all.
>>
>>39354357
Wife says it may take 3+ hours to get to akihabara not to mention transportation costs, then it will cost money to ship it to you in the US. how much are you willing to pay for service fee? Not for us but for whoever japanese friend goes and gets it
>>
File: 1468700143869.png (1MB, 847x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1468700143869.png
1MB, 847x1028px
>>39354443
>I doubt I'll ever find one, anon. There aren't really any stores nearby that carry that sort of thing. Sorry.
it's ok :(
I talk to you on almost every japan thread btw. You posted in that college thread a while back too

>>39354586
dude, is the only reason you would go anywhere at all for sex tourism? pls leave normie.
I not get that impression from his reply at all, I think you are just being a dick

>>39354792
uhhh it depends on how much the thing costs, and how much shipping costs
it should be around $25 ish and I can't imagine shipping would be that high right?
>>
>>39354843
I'll keep an eye out for it, anon.
>>
File: 1464740425495.gif (846KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1464740425495.gif
846KB, 500x281px
>>39355211
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN
HOW AM I GONNA GET IT IF YOU KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR IT
>>
>>39355305
Well I can't very well promise I'll get it for you when I've never even seen it before, anon.
>>
File: 1463373397729.jpg (21KB, 477x292px) Image search: [Google]
1463373397729.jpg
21KB, 477x292px
>>39354357
>Hey anon, would you be willing to get this for me? I'll pay you back ofc
no ffaggot
>>
Used to, although I was pretty young. Kindergarten-third grade. All the weaboo stereotypes aside, nice place.
>>
File: 1468991908217.jpg (1MB, 2712x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1468991908217.jpg
1MB, 2712x4096px
>>39356975
>Used to, although I was pretty young. Kindergarten-third grade.
navy?
>>
>>39356975
>Used to, although I was pretty young. Kindergarten-third grade. All the weaboo stereotypes aside, nice place.
Bump
>>
>>39357240
>Bump
don't
>>
18 year old highschool student living in Osaka, it's pretty nice desu
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.