[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 452
Thread images: 86

File: 1497237992343-int.jpg (35KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
1497237992343-int.jpg
35KB, 640x616px
Classes start tomorrow and I don't have books or a schedule edition
>>
Alright boys, op here and I didn't wanna hijack the first post. I am a kv, like many of us, and I just started uni. Yesterday I went to a frat party to watch the fight, and it was fun, I even chatted up a nice group of about five girls and got all their contact info. The thing is, I only had three beers, but laying in bed after that I felt horribly depressed and confused. I don't like drinking, I have a really low tolerance and I get depressed after I drink over two beers. I also hate smoking weed, which the frat(theta chi) does a lot. It's cheap to join here but the hazing process would involve a lot of drinking, until you pass out sometimes, and I am afraid that I would kill myself or something because drinking makes me really depressed. This seems like a good chance for me to break into normiedom, and the brothers seemed to like me, so did some of the girls, but I can't handle alcohol. What do I do guys? How do I learn to drink properly?
>>
File: 1503850237034s.jpg (5KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1503850237034s.jpg
5KB, 238x250px
>die from ethylic coma
or
>Kill yourself due to depression and loneliness
>>
Oh. Are you supposed to get your books BEFORE classes start? I don't even have notebooks or folders yet...
>>
>uni

Biggest scam in modern times. can get the same result with an apprenticeship, in half the time for free.
>>
>>39342064
I don't know where you live but here in the US it's pretty much impossible to get a job as a tradesman. First you need 2 years of trade school which costs like $3k per semester, then you're competing for a literal handful (<10) of apprentice positions with around a thousand other applicants who also thought that it would be easier than college. The apprenticeship costs around $470 a week, basically paying them to let you work full-time.
>>
>>39342164
UK. You can get an apprenticeship in pretty much anything and you don't even need good GSCE's.
>>
Going back now after I was forced to drop out in 2015 because of bullying flatmates.

tl;dr
>flatmates discover my reddit account with lots of anti-sjw and right-wing stuff
>they confront and surround me in the kitchen with a load of their friends, attack me for hours
>over the next few weeks my property gets damaged, serious harassment from them
>word gets out and i am intimidated by other people including strangers I don't even know
>I give up waiting for a new flat to move in to and just drop out because I couldn't take it
>>
>>39342204
Normally I would recommend responding to their escalating violence and harassment but I know how pussified and left-wing colleges are these days. You'd only be inviting disaster by trying to defend yourself.

Take it as a lesson and remember to never reveal your power level on or around a college campus.
>>
File: 1490573737103.jpg (120KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
1490573737103.jpg
120KB, 600x842px
>>39341434
>tfw classes don't start until the end of september
>>
>>39342247
Definitely, although I don't know how the fuck they found my account. Nobody was ever physical with me it was just intense harassment and intimidation, which I had no solid proof of, so there wasn't really anything I could do.

If I would have reported the bullying, the uni would have seen all the shit I posted, which might have got me in disciplinary trouble myself.
>>
>>39342064
>he has to pay for uni
you unfortunate tadger
>>
>>39342204
Oh it's you again, we already told you this was your own fault you pleb

Why did you use a username that they'd obviously recognise
>>
File: IMG_3837.png (85KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3837.png
85KB, 500x439px
>>39341434
>tfw starting grad school
>will involve teaching labs

I knew it would come to this but that doesn't make it less stressful.
>>
Uni starts next week but my power levels went up a hundredfold in my year away from school...

Should I try to hide my power levels, or do I unleash my full potential to fuck shit up?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
How do you even study with all the uni pussy anon?
>>
>>39342327
want to give us the summary of his autism please
>>
>>39342327

>>39342387
Scroll up and read my story dude. It's not worth it. Keep that shit to yourself because it could ruin your life long-term. I've basically wasted 2 years of my life just because of this, and I'm lucky nothing shows up on google associated with my name.
>>
>>39342517
>writes a load of racist fascist stuff on reddit
>doesn't hide it properly because hes a moron
>his flat mates inevitably find out and get a load of friends together to tell him what an idiot he is
>everyone hates him now
>people do shit to piss him off all the time
>anon quits uni because he can't handle it any more
>>
>>39342615
>people do shit to piss him off all the time

bit of an understatement you cunt

They intimidated me, blocked me, put shit (not literal shit but weird stuff) on my door, damaged and tampered with my property, smashed on my door at all hours, you name it
>>
>>39342684
>talk shit
>get hit
>cry
>>
>>39342164
Wow, it seems US isn't that great after all.
>>
>>39341841
try and join in
uni was when i went full robot and it was horrible, although i do have some experience drinking i can give you
have a very big, carby meal before you start
drink lots of water as you go, like a glass of water for every beer, sneak off to the bathroom if you dont want people to know you're drinking water, which should be legit bc youll be pissing like crazy if you do this
if you're in a party environment it's easy to pretend you've drunk more than you have, just be seen getting a drink, then leave most of it on a table somewhere, if you're discreet people wont notice
if you drink enough youll probably fall asleep pretty quickly so shouldnt have to deal with lying there feeling depressed
youre VERY unlikely to die from drinking unless you walk in front of a car or something
your tolerance will go up pretty quickly, so if you get the chance you could have a few beers on your own one night to help train yourself
youll have to deal with some rough hangovers and probably be sick a few times when youre drunk but its a small price to pay to become a normie and make friends
>>
>>39342883
>if you're discreet people wont notice
they will they just wont say anything because no one cares how much you drink
>>
File: airi-suzuki-03709176.jpg (545KB, 1116x1600px) Image search: [Google]
airi-suzuki-03709176.jpg
545KB, 1116x1600px
>>39342188
>living in britbongistan
out of the question lad
>>
>>39341434
>graduated uni
>am NEET now
You have it good. At least your life still has a clear purpose.

>>39341841
>not a normie
>problems reek of normie
K buddy.

>>39342354
At least you'll never have to worry about money.
>>
What am I supposed to do all day when there are no classes? I moved in yesterday and all I've done is walk around, eat, and sit in my dorm. I don't know anyone and my roommate does his own thing. There's no activities going on that I know of and I'm so bored man.
>>
>>39343002
study you lazy little shit
>>
>>39343029
I've got a fucking week before classes start and none of my professors have said what we're starting with. I actually do have books but most of then are just workbooks, and I already studied a lot of it over the summer
>>
I just hope I can get a decent job with a poli sci degree. I'll have no debt at least. And I'm getting internships and trying to network as best I can.
>>
>>39343002
See what they're doing in the student center.
>>
>>39343112
The student center here is just restaurants and gym. I see tons of people just walking around in pairs all over campus but seeing as I've seen a lot of them multiple times they don't seem to have anywhere to actually go
>>
I'm going to drop out this week while I can still get a refund. Classes started last week and I haven't left my apartment in a few days already

they're going to kick me from my courses for lack of attendance anyway
>>
File: IMG_6368.gif (498KB, 490x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6368.gif
498KB, 490x270px
>tfw I had do forced "volunteering" yesterday
>It was just spreading mulch, something I've done before
>Mulch had this weird white smoke under it
>I'm now coughing and my chest is tight
>>
>>39343160
probably a smart move if you follow it up with getting a job and dont just go full hiki
>>
>>39343002
Do whatever you want?
It's free time, you've never had free time before?
>>
>>39341434
>buying books before the second week of classes
lmao fucking freshmen
>>
>>39343407
>buying books
why would you do this?
>>
>literally everyone else is walking with at least one other person
>you're the only person you can see by themselves
I'm never going to lose my virginity, am I? You need friends to meet women in the first place
>>
>>39342164
Supposedly you can do it for free in my state of Ohio. It's called Ohcap and it's only for carpentry.
>>
doing masters at oxford

will probably drop out and wank to anime
>>
>>39343203
>forced "volunteering"
what the hell are you talking about?

>Mulch had this weird white smoke under it
>I'm now coughing and my chest is tight
Oh lordy call a fucking ambulance, anon is gonna die from shoveling mulch. You fucking pussy. Jesus christ
>>
>>39343539
you must be pretty smart anon

what you studying
>>
>>39342387
What ever you do, do NOT, universities are liberal hell holes swarming with SJWs. If you reveal that you're even remotely right leaning you will be bullied until you're forced to drop out, and that's the BEST outcome, what'll more than likely happen is someone lies about being raped/sexually harassed by you and you get your fucking name and face slandered for the rest of your goddamn life. They ARE that crazy and they ARE that petty
>>
>>39343592
>/pol/tard thinks power levels = being a /pol/tard
why do you faggots have to make everything about you. I hope you do get imprisoned for false rape accusations.
>>
>started three different degrees
>had to repeat several years
>been at uni for 6 years
>won't graduate for at least another 2
>like 5 years older than everyone in my classes
>autistic and incapable of making friends on any of my courses
>>
>>39343592
>universities are liberal hell holes swarming with SJWs
>I have never been to uni and believe everything I read on /pol/
I'm lafin
>>
>>39343552
They make us do volunteering projects, which is not bad or anything, but annoying considering the "events" they've had us do all week. I payed my money to come to school and learn, not for them to waste on stiltwalkers and """"sexual abuse"""" victims to come to preach to me about bullshit
Like I've said, I've shoveled mulch, dug trenches, done all kinds of the usual manual labor, but I've never been fucked up like this from it. What's your issue, Anon? School putting the stress on you?
>>
I might break out of my shell and join one or two societies. The only issue is I commute and have to leave my University town around 8PM at the latest and I'm sure societies have things on after that time
>>
>>39343671
How is it volunteering if it's forced. You're not being clear at all, who is "they", is this some kind of freshman orientation thing? Just don't go if you don't want to, I guarantee you won't suffer any consequences from it even if they say you will, but don't act like a bitch because you shoveled mulch lmao
>>
>>39343652
Actually I'm a junior right now working towards a BS in physics, first year in university I got mobbed for defending free speech on the basis of ideological darwinism, it was literally just me versus ten different people in my class. After that I learned just to shut up whenever something political is being discussed
>>
>>39343697
There are these things called apostrophes that can imply sarcasm, Anon. It's not volunteering and it's obvious who they is. You do suffer consequences and that's why it's bullshit. I don't give a shit about the mulch, just what is the point?
>>
>starting my sophomore year
>most of my friends from freshman have either drop out or went to jail
why can't people handle college?
>>
>>39343706
>on the basis of ideological darwinism,
you never stood a chance lol. They taught us that social darwinism was outdated and racist since high school.
>>
>>39343706
>I got mobbed for defending free speech on the basis of ideological darwinism
sounds like your were talking a load of shite and got called out on it.
>>
>>39343758
>You do suffer consequences
Just don't show up and literally nothing will happen to you, I guarantee it.
>>
>>39343800
I'm not going to be a cunt about it. At least I made a park nicer for some doggos
>>
>normie roommate says he just put in transfer papers to get moved into the empty dorm with his friend
>gonna be alone in my dorm
>FeelsGoodMan.jpg
Before I moved in I was excited to have a roommate but in the week I've known him he has done nothing with me even though I invite him to stuff. Atleast now I can jerk off whenever
>>
>>39343767
Is it a load of shite because you don't understand the sentence or don't like it?
>>
>>39343652
I live in New York and students here have to attend a 3 hours mandatory lecture on "affirmative consent" before classes start or they'll automatically be removed from all of their classes. There are 2 chances to attend and if you miss both of them you're out for the semester.

If you're accused of rape, harassment, sexual assault etc while you're a student you will be immediately expelled and banned from all state universities for life. Immediately, on the first offense, even if it's later proven to be false accusations. ZERO TOLERANCE.
>>
>>39343900

Wait, You had to share a dorm room?
>>
>>39343945
all americans do unless you get really lucky
you're from europe right? Northern, maybe?
>>
>>39343945
Yeah. 2 people to a room. That's pretty normal for US. You can buy private rooms as well but they're pricy
>>
>>39343944
do you have some kind of proof for this lunacy?
if it is true, obviously you just need to alphabetically file a report of harassment you received from every single student. get a group of people all doing it, if you can. crash the system
>>
>>39342164
What fucking retarded state do you live on where you pay for an apprenticeship? The only thing I can think of that costs any money is the union dues if you're doing an apprenticeship with a union.
>>
>>39343570
politics

oreganoooooooo
>>
>>39344082
okay i take it back
>>
>>39343994
>>39344008
Man that sucks. My roomate would wake me up at 3am every saturday morning if I was in that position.
UK dorms aren't too expensive but they tend to be smaller than US ones
>>
File: 1470012140811.gif (1012KB, 308x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470012140811.gif
1012KB, 308x225px
Did anyone else experience an extreme feeling of dread like a month or a few weeks before starting uni?
I'm experiencing it right now
>>
>>39344110
I meant to say even private US ones
>>
>>39344110
Hasn't been too bad so far. Only woke me up once because he came in at like 2pm while I was napping.
>>
>>39344155
I guess so long as he's relativity outgoing it can't be too bad
>>
>>39344097
tyvmfamalam
>>
>>39343918
a load of shite because people don't riled up over reasonable opinions and they also don't get riled up over unreasonable opinions expressed reasonably.
>>
>started 3rd year of Uni last week
>first day of classes and I am choosing seats
>sit next to a group of about 5 girls
>"wait wtf they are not going to talk to me I need to stop being delusional"
>get up and move to a comfy secluded spot by the wall
>can actually see the front of the class from here

I'm done trying to lie to myself that I am actually going to make friends, I just want to get my degree and get out.
>>
>4th year
>meme degree
>want to change to engineering but it's too late
Probably just gonna graduate and go back in a few years if I can't get a job in the field
>>
File: 1503203200445.jpg (14KB, 250x257px) Image search: [Google]
1503203200445.jpg
14KB, 250x257px
>>39344134
yeah about 10 months straight before
>>
>>39344568
What's the meme degree, lad? Give it to me straight
>>
>>39342552
being a weeb isn't the same as being a /pol/-cucked fucktard
>>
>forced open door policy for the first week of dorming
>only allowed to close it after 9 pm
>people barge in and ask if i'm watching the fight
>get tired of it and give them a 4chan stream link
>everyone in chat is racist
>no one talks to me again
>>
>>39344790
what did you think would happen? Why did you stay there if you didn't want to talk to anyone? Why would you acknowledge the existence of 4chan irl?
>>
>>39341434
not even the first day of classes and I have already come up with 2 ways to kill myself.
>>
>>39344790
>judges you based on quality of stream chat
and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>39343944
which suny do you go to?
don't remember these shenanigans over here
>>
>>39341434
Anyone have to do a public speaking class? I'm fucking freaking out and seriously considering dropping out so I don't have to do it. I've got really bad social anxiety and have managed to get through 2 years without speaking to anybody. Has anyone dealt with this?
>>
>>39344790
this is a real thing? what if people steal your shit?
>>
>>39345209
They never made me take one
>>
>>39345209
how do you plan on getting an job?
>>
>>39341434
I'm in the same predicament. I need a break from 4chan, for the semester or more.

I'm reluctant to interact with anyone now though. Thanks a lot, whoever did that. Yeah, that was really that I needed.
>>
>>39345209
i'm minoring in communications and it helped me overcome my severe anxiety. if your professor actually wants you to succeed, you'll get an A just for attempting each project.

pick topics you care about, write down your speeches, and just perform them over and over at your desk until you've memorized everything. my professor said about 20 times. my heart still raced and i felt like i was going to die before every presentation, but it eventually got easier. they care more about you trying than you sounding good

they'll know if you aren't prepared
>>
>>39345303
i dunno. im only in college because my parents would kick me out if i wasnt. ill probably just sudoku after i graduate
>>
File: 1396499823829.png (975KB, 830x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1396499823829.png
975KB, 830x1074px
>>39345209
>mfw a natural speaker when it comes to presentations but fucking can't maintain a conversation for shit
If I can't plan shit, I'm fucking done for, which is why I almost plan for every possible situation. Autism can be helpful sometimes, I guess.
>>
>>39345423
Don't do that. I wouldn't, anyway.
>>
File: 1497439928940.jpg (34KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1497439928940.jpg
34KB, 426x341px
im going into year 4 without any friends
i want to itnroduce myself to at least 1 person for each class on the first day. what do i say? sit beside someone and just say "hi, i'm anon" ?
>>
>>39345850
probably just sit beside them and say "hi, I'm anon".
>>
>>39345850
probably not class or something, join a club or some shit probably
most people just want to gtfo out of class to wherever they normally go asap
>>
>>39345924
Saldy that's not always the case especially if it's a small class. I had some that wanted to start a what's app group with me to study and shit but thankfully the teacher came in and interupted us.
>>
>>39343944
What SUNY do you go to? I go to Buffalo and I've never heard of any of this shit. The most we had to do was an online thing that was half on consent/rape and half on drugs/alcohol that took me maybe 20 minutes to complete.
>>
>>39345924
before class starts people always talking in small groups and i just sit quietly. feels bad man. even if just an acquaintance to discuss course material with. i'm not completely socially inept, if someone introduces me to someone formally i can talk to them, but the approach is so hard for me.
>>
>>39341434
fuck im scared. why is everything so hard ;_;
>>
>>39345194
>>39346121
It's a community college. Maybe they just started it this year but the presenter repeated like 5 times that New York State was REALLY cracking down and that they're NOT joking around about affirmative consent.
>>
>>39346726
yeah, at least we're not connecticut level yet
>>
>>39342684
What subreddits were you on anon? I'd like to read your stuff if you haven't deleted it already.
>>
>>39344790
>>forced open door policy for the first week of dorming
Yeah, my dorm had all sorts of "mandatory" freshman-make-friends-with-normalfags exercises. Guess how many I went to? Guess what they did to me?
>>
File: 1503203523686.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503203523686.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>39342247
>tfw revealed my power level on a uni group chat
>kicked out a couple seconds later
>>
>>39341434
Who the fuck buys books BEFORE classes start? 50% of professors just say "the book is on the course description but we won't be using it" and another 40% or so tell you to get the book then never use it.
>>
File: heiddger.gif (21KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
heiddger.gif
21KB, 200x212px
>>39347524
>tfw normies have never heard of libgen
Heh, keep spending those shekels
>>
>playing vidya with my one friend
>have volume way up
>lose track of time
>roomate bursts in saying that the whole floor can hear me "shouting" faggot at 2 AM
>while I'm getting off skype and shit, he's giving a whole speech apparantly
>he moves out 1 week later and I get the whole double room to myself for the rest of the year
>this was only 1 month into the year

The best part was that I faced no consequences whatsoever. They had me talk to the RHD, but he was a total pushover.

Hell of a start to freshman year. Honestly, I'm only hoping that Sophomore year can live up to it.
>>
Anyone joining new clubs this year?

I'm thinking of rejoining my professional development org. and becoming a student mentor and/or joining a different club that involves teaching high schoolers science.

Also thinking of joining the boxing club.
>>
>>39346381
Same. I don't really want people just coming up and talking to me so I'm not going to do that to others. I know 0 people on campus and I don't know how to meet people
>>
>>39343506
>An Ohiobro
Hey dere fweind
>>
>>39347584
My school does its club day on labor day and I'm thinking of joining one this year. Didn't join any last year but I really want people to hang out with and all that.
>>
>>39347584
i want to join clubs but everything i'm interested in meets during my class times
>>
>get to campus
>unload and move in
>roommate seems shy
>don't say anything to him cause I've lost the ability to introduce myself
>mother is with me and basically does all the talking
>eat lunch with her and walk around the campus with her
>quiet and peaceful around the campus
>feel really happy
>she eventually leaves
>in my room with him
>haven't spoken one word directly to him
>already feel the dread falling over me

My mother knows how miserable I am here so we're giving it one more semester to see if I do better mentally. If not, then I'm outta here. But I have to last one more semester, and I don't know if Ill be able to
>>
>>39343002
>What am I supposed to do all day when there are no classes?
Study or hit the gym, you fucking idiot. College is the best time to get fit
>>
File: 1488741937106.jpg (129KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1488741937106.jpg
129KB, 668x712px
I-I'm supposed to buy books beforehand?
>>
>>39347669
you don't have to be friends with your roommate, you just have to not piss them off when they want to sleep
everyone i knew stopped talking to their roommates from freshman year pretty fast
>>
>>39347717
Welcome to college anon. Remember, you're here for a while.
>>
File: 1497593663802.jpg (610KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497593663802.jpg
610KB, 854x1280px
>>39342247
>make liberal friends at college
>i like them so i hide my power level and play along
>the more comfortable i get the more i reveal about my conservative upbringing
>one time while drinking I accidentally go full redpill
>try to play it off like i was joking around
>they all keep me at a distance now
>tfw
>>
>>39347584
my uni has no good clubs, also I wouldn't go anyway. No time or motivation.
>>
>>39347755
looks like a comfy feel ladesu
>>
File: 1497556079113.png (259KB, 645x1247px) Image search: [Google]
1497556079113.png
259KB, 645x1247px
>>39347741
I want to go home now
>>
>>39341434
It's been a week of college and I still haven't ordered books yet edition.

Why am I like this
>>
File: 53f.jpg (7KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
7KB, 196x250px
>>39341434
Moved into my apartment a few days ago. None of my roommates have showed up yet. I get the apartment to myself the whole weekend.
>>
>>39344790
>>get tired of it and give them a 4chan stream link
>>everyone in chat is racist
>>no one talks to me again
Are you actually retarded? Why would you do that?
>>
>>39347788
What college/uni are you at? What country?
Original
>>
>failed courses on three different occasions between 18-19 before getting pay cut off for not showing up
Should I take student loans and push onward? I'm looking to get a PhD in inorganic chemistry
>>
>>39347567
>implying any textbooks are actually on it
>>
>>39347874
Act like any self-respecting PhD program would accept a student that's failed multiple classes.
>>
>>39347669
>tfw my floor had suites of three rooms that shared a bathroom, 6 people total
>tfw got along with my roommate and two other guys in my suite
>Along with another guy and his gf on my floor
>All in all my floor was pretty comfy
Your best chance at having friends is from your floor
>>
>>39347584
Gonna join the poli sci one at some point. Hopefully theyll give me some dumb title so it'll look good the resume
>>
Starting my last (9th) year of undergrad. Moving into a new apartment today. Need to clean my old one and cancel my bills. Going to apply for graduate studies in the Fall, hoping to start my PhD next year. Need to quit my lab after I get a letter of rec. from them, they're becoming dysfunctional and I want to move on.

I spent the first half of the Summer at an intense internship now I'm back for Summer school. Fall quarter doesn't start 'til lat September but we only get a week and a half of vacation and I'll probably just do lab work during that time.
>>
>>39347862
An Institute of Technology in Ireland.
>>
>>39347906
There are textbooks in it tho
>>
>>39341434
Can't even get my shit cuz the bookstore isn't open (already have most of my books, just need the art supplies they jew you out for)

Wanted to go CS but the entirety of my high/middle school career composited with last semester has made me detest it, amongst other things like the superiority-complex/schizophrenic ridden people I'll have to work with in the feature. Just looking to get a degree in something I like, even if I end up working minimum wage for a while or having to deal with SJWs. It's still more tolerable than listening to neckbeards who have no idea what they're doing. That class was a nightmare.
>>
>>39347983
I know that but beyond extremely common shit they have fuck all. I ought to know since I check every semester
>>
>>39341434
>Move in is on Thursday
>Roomate I was supposed to have is not going
>No idea about my room assignment now
>>
Anyone read any good books this Summer?

So far I've read:
Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
Martian Time Skip
Time Out of Joint
Empire's Workshop
Don Juan (Lord Byron)
The Double
The Gambler
A House for Mr. Biswas
Siddhartha

Except for The Double they were all great. Don Juan, Three Stigmata, and Siddhartha were probably my favorites.
>>
>>39348020
I get halfway or a third of the way through a book then start another so I haven't finished shit
>>
>>39347874
>tfw had a 2.7 gpa but want a PhD
I did pretty well in the courses that were major specific, but my first two years screwed me.
I plan on going for a Masters first, I feel like that's my best option
>>
File: 1489981226075.jpg (14KB, 362x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489981226075.jpg
14KB, 362x352px
>>39348003
Then I think what you were looking for "the variety of textbooks is low" rather than "none at all".
Dunno the shit that I mostly needed comes from there anyway
>>
>>39341434
How hard would it be for a beginning Junior to boost their GPA from a 2.7 to a 3.0? Is it possible?
>>
>>39348035
I'm applying for grad school with a 2.7 GPA this Fall. I have a lot of research experience but I failed classes and did poorly in others due to personal issues. I'm hoping that I can demonstrate a positive upswing in academics and if I write a good personal statement they will look past my GPA.
>>
>>39348020
>The Idiot
>Crime and Punishment
>Eugene Onegin
>Laurus
>The Pathologies
>Sankya
>Boots, Full of Warm Vodka
>The Snowstorm
>Day of the Oprichnik
Don't know if the last five are available in translation, if so, I recommend Sanky and Day of the Oprichnik the most.

>>39347977
The main things you should do are:
>Focus on getting the best grades and extracurriculars possible
>Avoid the roasties
>Minimise cost
>>
>>39348098
depends on how many credits you've taken so far, how many credits you're taking next year, and the difficulty of the classes you're taking
do the math yourself to see what term gpa you need
>>
>>39348105
I also had research, but never published. Did you take the subject test gre or the regular? I've also been out for a year, I'm applying this fall
Don't know how to ask my profs for recommendations, especially because they might have forgotten me
>>
File: 1449806281503.png (461KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
1449806281503.png
461KB, 1059x962px
How embarrassing would it be if I was a senior taking gen ed classes?
I'm scared of a public speaking class and I have kept putting it off. I want to take it over the summer/winter but I haven't had the time. I'm a junior right now.
>>
>>39343407
>buying textbooks and not the online code for the homework that comes with the textbook
or just renting it since you're never going to see it again
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>>39348152
"Chaaaamp, in my day, if you wanted to go to Harvard, you just went up to your professor, looked him in the eye, gave him a firm handshake and asked him for a recommendation letter."
>>
>>39348188
>How embarrassing would it be if I was a senior taking gen ed classes?
approximately not at all because who the fuck cares about that, but you want to get them out of the way so they don't conflict with other classes
>>
>>39348188
Unless you tell someone you're a senior, no one will assume that you are. I ended up wait two years to go to college and I was embarrassed at the fact that I was older than everyone, but I didn't tell anyone and no one cared enough to ask
>>
>>39348276
They always make you do the "introduce yourself" at the beginning of the first class. They make you say what year you are in.
>>
>>39348222
pappa pls
>>
File: 1462930039948.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1462930039948.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
>>39348035
>>39347915
so I'm fucked even if my gpa is 3.7? I withdrew from most of the classes I failed so there are W's in my transcript.
>>
>>39348312
You can't doubt the triple two's though. But seriously, just go up to them, if necessary remind them who you are or show them some of your work.

>>39348300
Why should you care? You can just say that you didn't take the class for whatever reason. You have every right to be in that class.
>>
>>39348152
I'm taking the regular GRE in late September, a week before the quarter starts. Never published either, except for one lab I had a pretty shitty research experience. The good lab is at my top choice of school so I'm hoping a letter of rec from them will help me get accepted because it would mean I'm almost guaranteed funding. When I asked a letter for my application from a prof. I hadn't seen for a while I just emailed him to thank him for letting me work in the lab, reminded hi on the project I worked on and when, and informed him of what I was up to and what my plans were. Then we had a one on one where we talked about graduate school and the research I wanted to pursue.
>>
>>39348300
If it's not graded, don't do it, if it is graded, lie. Every time that a professor tries to pull that shit, I tell them bluntly that unless it's graded, I'm not participating
>>
>>39348345
your gpa/gre is just used as a starting filter. the fact that you have a 3.7 means you won't get autorejected.
as long as the W's don't raise a red flag (took a class 3 times or more, all of them major electives that you never retook, etc), and they're from before your last 2 years of college, it won't destroy your application.
obviously is worse than not having them, but it's not resume crushing
>>
File: 1333081157270.gif (392KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1333081157270.gif
392KB, 320x288px
>mfw moving out of parents house for the first time ever
>dirt cheap, 400 USD per month for living superclose to university, in the middle of Oslo west (expensive as shit place to live, USUALLY)
>cozy dorm thing, will have a roommate
>old ass building with modern facilities
>even has gym for strength training and brewing area for making your own beer, and a library with study hall

This is gonna be really nice. Much much shorter commute, don't have to live with my parents where I already pay rent (250 dollars a month), one less zone for the month ticket for the trains and subway, way home when drunk much much shorter, don't have to walk for half an hour just to get to the damn store, etc etc etc...

I'm quite pleased. Moving in on wednesday, signing contract tomorrow.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>39343081
>workbooks
are you fucking 5?
>>
>>39348020
Hi Brenda(e?)n
>>
Who here /liveswithparents/ while in uni? It's comfy and no normo roommates and music and shit.
>>
>>39348148
I just did the math and I would have to average a 3.16 GPA for my Junior and Senior year. Seems somewhat possible. Any tips on studying would be helpful. My major is economics.
>>
>>39348784
Sorry my dude but that ain't me.
>>39348810
Do whatever work you're assigned immediately. Go over your class notes right after class. The quicker you do things the better because after around 8 hours after lecture you rapidly forget material.
>>
>>39341434

>not attending uni b/c no money

bad feels man
literally enrolled as a student and can't go b/c no moneys
>>
>>39348810
i'm assuming you're aiming for 3.0 for resume/intern shit. try considering only your junior year so you can apply for shit during your senior year

if your professor gives study material (practice tests/homeworks) make sure you know literally everything on that before a test
studying is pretty subjective on what works for someone. the obvious shit is just go to class, finish your homework.
>>
>>39348803
here. I commute 50 minutes each way. It's a lot more comfy than staying in an apartment with normfaggots.
>>
>>39348918
roughly hour and a half or so here
w-we're gonna make it, right?
>>
>>39348810
whassup fellow econfag

How have your classes been so far?
>tfw don't know anyone in my major
>>
File: I wish I was at home.jpg (51KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
I wish I was at home.jpg
51KB, 676x673px
>>39342883
This advice is to pic related what active nihilism is to passive nihilism.

pretty good
>>
>>39341434
>uni is over
>went to community college and then a commuter college after that
>just finishing my internship and then i get to job hunt
>feel like i missed out on the dorm life and tons of fun

I wish I could go back. If my parents would have just paid for the expensive school and let me have the dorm life like I wanted I probably wouldn't have ended up like this.
>>
File: 1503864766249.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1503864766249.png
29KB, 741x568px
>promised myself to lose virginity before college was over
>going into final year in september

i trimmed my pubic hair, shaved my ass and balls. next step is buying condoms. where do they even sell those things and will everyone be staring at me when i buy them?
>>
>>39349080
you probably would have

t. had the dorm life
>>
>>39341434
>tfw surrounded by girls my age again
I'm so fucking horny.
>>
28 and in uni sucks
All the girls are like hysterical little clingy memes and the guys are literally retarded.

Being an older guy is really strange b/c women lose their ability to meme you and you see right through their attempts to play retarded little social games and it starts to just be really pathetic. Maybe it's just me not giving a fuck about anything anymore but they're just so tacky with it.
>>
I already feel like i made a mistake. I chose a lesser known state school instead of the big one that's known nationally. Hopefully this doesn't bite me in the ass later.
>>
>>39348020
I read short stories by Bulgakov, V and The crying of Lot 49 (because they were lying around in the apartment of a relative I do odd-jobs for), Morris's News from nowhere, and Gide's Retour de l'URSS.

I also got about halfway through 2 math and CS PDFs that my professors-to-be suggested reading for people who hadn't taken certain courses before theirs (which I haven't)but got too tired.
>>
guys my first day of college is tomorrow and im going in blind like the op.
what are you #1 tips
19 khv
>>
>>39349266
If you aren't a social person already, you most likely will stay like that. If you live on campus, don't make any friends, and just stay in your room all the time other than class, then you'll begin to go mad. Trust me, I don't plan on making any friends because Ive already lost all my social skills and desire for friends. I lost all my passion and empathy as well from all the hate I built up inside of me.

So if I had to say one thing, it's to at least try to be social, don't end up like me, a likely-to-be-dropout, asocial, bitter, shutin
>>
>>39347717
you should be able to find some on TPB or other trackers (if you believe in private ones lol), assuming it's a common book
>>
>>39349266

don't go to class everyone will just judge you anyways
you can just never study and just show up for the tests and still pass b/c you are above average smart
it's mostly just a time to chill just stay in your room listening to deep house mixes on youtube and masturbating all night
>>
>>39342036
No you do not. You get the text book if you actually need it, after attending at least one class and deciding you wont drop it. If you drop week 2 getting a book was a waste of money. Also remember you can rent text books.
So when youre douche of a professor forces you to get a book you wont need later, you can save some money
>>
>>39347631
What's with the accent? We're midwesterers, talk normally.
>>
>it's another year of me sitting all alone in a room with 100+ normies
>it's another year of me having to commute 3 hours every day
>it's another year of me having to look at all the social bonds people are forming while I'm all alone
>it's another year of me barely passing my classes or flunking
>tfw if I wasn't born in the future where you could just take online classes and do this shit by yourself
Fuck my shit up.
>>
>>39349455
d-dorry buddy
>>
File: t3_6ugbto.jpg (828KB, 1475x859px) Image search: [Google]
t3_6ugbto.jpg
828KB, 1475x859px
I always dreaded to be a loner at uni so when the first semester started I tried my hardest to socialize and made like 3-4 aquaintances.
I'm not gonna lie I'm a pretty social and charismatic person if I want to so I can't give any hints other than to git gud.

It was nice having people to talk and learn with but after the first weeks I couldn't really stand it anymore. When we have the same classes one should usual sit next to each other, talk a bit and socialize in general. It's tiring. I don't want to be an asshole because they are geniuly nice friends but I hate being forced to be with people. I wish I could put in my music, go to the lecture, learn alone and then go back home without any small talk or other stuff.

It's ironic because it's really easy for me to make "friends" that I don't value them at all. I wish I'd just have stayed quiet. Then I'd have my peace.
>>
File: Engisex.jpg (128KB, 670x750px) Image search: [Google]
Engisex.jpg
128KB, 670x750px
Starting to college in another country on friday.
Is there a major that sounds sexier than Computer engineering that a CompEng major can get away with claiming he is pursuing, in the event he is questioned by (or in presence of) a woman in a bar? When socializing in europe, majors are often more important than unis (often because people don't actually live on campus, or because everyone in or around one city goes to the same one), so people ask that first. What major would a Chad who's "like totally into tech and the modern world bro" be doing?

I was thinking Data science, Biotechnology, or Engineering Management.
>>
File: neet.jpg (77KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
77KB, 409x409px
Just a little reminder

If you go to uni

You are a mega normalfaggot

And you should leave my board.
>>
>repeating 3 of 4 classes this semester
>Starting 2nd year of community college

Im not going to mess up this time,but the loneliness and depression will kill me
>>
File: yu_we.png (29KB, 882x1289px) Image search: [Google]
yu_we.png
29KB, 882x1289px
>>39348944
I dunno man. 1.5 hours is what my commute was last year when I took the train and bus. Now I'm planning on driving.
I don't know what classes to take. I'm scared to crying of taking a public speaking class that's mandatory. I'm signed up for it right now but I doubt I will have the courage to attend. I should just end it now. No more suffering.
>>
>>39349464
Anon the key to surviving college is to realize, you aren't there to socialize, you're there to get a degree. If you do this you will no longer care what the normies do. Do what you gotta do, stop caring about the normies, most of them flunk out after the fall. Survive and advance to the degree
>>
>>39349537
>repeating classes
Fuck I know that feel anon. I've passed all my classes except for a math class. It is now my 3rd year and I'm taking it again for the fourth time. It fucking sucks. Good luck to you.
>>
>>39349562
Degree is a meme man. You need internships or you won't get a job.
>>
>>39349562
Not him but I heard you have to socialize and make "connections" and do internships and join clubs and all that garbage and that just having a degree doesnt mean that much if you don't.
>>
>>39342760
>basing he state of a country on neets
>being this desperate

Canadians were a mistake
>>
File: 135789584.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
135789584.png
139KB, 917x871px
I've started cal IV (started classes last week). Professor doesn't teach and have no idea how to do the homework. How screwed am I?
>>
>>39342204
>reddit
>posting kekistani garbage
lmao no sympathy
>>
>>39349562
>Anon the key to surviving college is to realize, you aren't there to socialize
Wrong right from the start. You NEED to socialize.
>>
>>39349598
College it's self is a meme
>>39349604
Yeah internships are key, degree is just a requirement to apply, its not gonna get you above anyone else applying.
As far as clubs, just join a club related to field of study (ex: Civil Engineering - ASCE)
Depending on your field though you don't need to make many connections with other students. Connections with employers (through internships/co-ops) are what's important
>>
Is uni full of left wing cucks lads?
Should I bother joining clubs?
>>
>>39349746
Yes there are tons of cucks and annoying black bitches
>>
>>39349687
>Depending on your field though you don't need to make many connections with other students. Connections with employers (through internships/co-ops) are what's important
In the short term yes but in the long run having connections with classmates will be more useful as they can put in a good word for you later on in your careers.
>>
>>39349762
Well I'm going to have to shut my mouth then.
My country is having a fucking abortion referendum soon meaning the fucking uni is going to be shit. Fuck my shit up lads.
>>
>>39342204
>kekistani redditor gets bullied for being a betamale
lmao
>>
File: water magic.png (1MB, 1072x1522px) Image search: [Google]
water magic.png
1MB, 1072x1522px
>have to pick an elective
>all either weird shit or stuff that's going to be a pain in my ass
I'm legitimately considering taking a class on westerns at this point because I need to fill that spot. Still don't know what books or anything that I'm going to need. Picking up a laptop tomorrow, though.
>tfw schedule has breaks that are just long enough to get bored but not long enough to bother going home
I guess it'll be a good chance to get better at Enter the Gungeon. I'm deathly afraid that I'm going to be ostracized like I was in high school. I'm turning 27 next month so it's already going to be kind of weird.
>>
>>39349746
>>39349801

nobody actually there to learn will give a fuck
the sjws ARE the party kids
>>
>have to complete a humanities gen ed
>tons of classes like african studies, asian studies, women studies
>end up picking american studies because at least it wont be all about oppressed people, right?
>wrong. its all about how the oppressed and forgotten natives and niggers
well now I have to find a different class for this semester
>>
>>39348621
Yes. Lotta questions to be answered pal.
>>
>>39349801
A fellow irishman, where are you attending?

I dropped out of UCD a year and a half ago to live with my family in france, where I'm starting uni next week.
>>
Any good places I could find all the books i need?
>>
>>39350312
Amazon if it's not on libgen
>>
>6 weeks in
>already 2 weeks behind in one of my classes
>>
I miss mum, boys
>>
>>39350081
Fuck son, I have to take a bullshit "cultural understand" class and I, too, settled on american studies (sounded like the least bullshit), is it really that bad?
>>
>>39349902
im doing a bunch of basic computer knowledge classes(like typing) -- the fact youre on 4chan probably means youre as big of a loser as me, so just take something like that
>>
>>39350436
I dont know. I just want to kill myself.
>>
>>39350474
I'm not sure if those even count for the elective in my college. It's called a "general education elective" and I had to look around a lot to even find out what the fuck that means. Apparently not every class counts for it.
>>
>>39350477
same, but I find if I keep myself busy with menial bullshit, and keep myself when I have nothing to do, I can at least be functional. So far that's amounted to overloading my college schedule as much as possible, currently I'm taking 22 credit hours and it has me working from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep, and then I just get fucked up on weekends
>>
File: 1503698457723.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1503698457723.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>10 minutes between two classes
>google maps says it will take 14 minutes to walk between classes
looks like I will be doing the virgin powerwalk shuffle
>>
>>39350098
I'm at UCD. I like the squirrels.

Studying history because I have no future either way.
>>
>>39344568
I am in the same boat as you anon, 4th year college student supposed to have graduated this year but delayed because of back subjects and I am stuck on my thesis project subject for 2years now, I fell for the "this degree prints money" meme which is true but its not my passion. I actually don't know my passion, what do you think I should do guys? I am positive I can't finish this degree but I'm already 4years in here and only like less than 15 units left, I feel trapped
>>
>>39350675
No wait I'm a different person to the one you responded too. I forgot to say that.
>>
>>39350690
What degree is it? It's entirely possible you might not like schooling for the degree, but the actual field is enjoyable Try doing an internship in your field to see if you like working in that field is the logical suggestion desu
>>
>>39350690
I dont know man. I'm a little over half way done my degree. I will probably end up dropping out and living out of my car until I run out of money and kill myself.
>>
>>39350590
LOL

desu i lucked out with mine
>>
>internship starts tomorrow
>school the day after
>family member is being pulled off life support at midnight
why is it always us robots?
>>
>>39342204
fuck off beta shitposter
>>
>>39350983
Is it someone you actually care about? If so that sucks but so far the only family members that have died I never knew too well anyways.
>>
>>39350724
bachelor of science in information technology, I get the concepts of programming its just that my brain hurts when I put it to work its like I dont know where to start programming and feel overwhelmed, yesterday my group barely passed our thesis defence with major revision and we have no clue how to start it, and in Asia, if you don't start making mad money by 22 you are considered a failure

>>39350751
I think I might drop out too if I don't graduate thus school year, my plan is to get fit and do labor jobs pike in construction work or other minimum wage jobs until I sort my life out but my social anxiety is shitting on me even though I want to work I get scared, pressured and depressed thinking about failing
>>
File: WojakUltimateSuicide.jpg (83KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
WojakUltimateSuicide.jpg
83KB, 393x325px
starting uni next month (in UK) Im a
>20 yo
>Balding
>virgin
>dicklet
>manlet
>balding

Theres 0 hope ill get a shag right? I just want a qt gf to hug on cold nights but everyone I talk to is like ''Just get a shag at freshers its so easy''

Theres 0 hope isnt there
>>
normalfags are sick people. Time spent at a university is a waste. I think I'll really die this year
>>
>>39351018
a fairly close uncle. what spooks me the most is that they were younger than my parents
>>
>>39351025
You might like the field better than, because normally you're jumping in on an already existing project, and your employer/clients/coworkers you're working for will tell you exactly what they want. But honestly I can't say anything for certain, take my advice and try an internship before you make any final commitments
>>
>>39351048
this is probably the best chance you'll ever have.
lots of hormones in the air, everyone wants to get laid, lots of quiet girls and late bloomers coming out of their shells for the first time, always places and excuses to meet new people, lots of parties, lots of drugs and alcohol to lower inhibition, lots of open minded people looking for new people and new things and searching for their own romantic dreams.

still zero hope for you though kek
>>
File: IMG_0048.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.png
2KB, 225x225px
>tfw want to
make a tv show, create music or do
anything creative
>stuck in accounting major

what fucking do lads?
>>
>>39351158
fund your creative passions with accounting money

you don't learn creativity at school
>>
>>39351158
your career and dreams never had to be the same thing
>>
>>39351132
You make it sound good, Im really looking forward to my course and Im sure ill find a gf to hug eventually, I just thought it might be fun to try the whole ''lad'' gimmick and try get a shag in freshers.
>>
>>39343111
good job, anon.
this is a really, really original comment. i am so proud of you.
>>
>>39351219
what does that mean?
>>39351178

is it possible to balance my hobbies and schoolwork? if so how do i do it?
>>
Is anyone else moving away for Uni?

The only Uni i got accepted into is 70 miles away and I'll be living there. Scary stuff, I hope I'll make friends
>>
>>39351234
Why thank you. Unless that was supposed to be condescending.
>>
File: 1450125129549.jpg (52KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1450125129549.jpg
52KB, 600x338px
>classes start tomorrow
>my classes aren't paid for yet
>tried paying but doesn't seem to have gone through
>things are just all types of weird on where i have to pay (it even shows that i owe for last spring but that was paid for, this error happens a lot apparently)
fuck man i'm freaking out
>>
>>39351240
>what does that mean?
your dream is to be creative, but your job is an accountant

plenty of artists did a lot of menial jobs, before doing anything creative
>>
>>39351268
it wasn't.
a lot of people are complaining in this thread about . . . typical robot stuff and there you are networking and shit.
plus once you graduate, you won't have any debt.
good job.
>>
>>39351025
I've have really bad social anxiety too. I haven't talked to someone my age since high school. Therapy is a meme for normies. Pills don't work. Life is fucking awful desu
>>
>>39351304
Oh I see. Just hope I can find a good job afterwards. That's the kicker. Thankfully I'll just live with parents until I can land a really good one. Most normos aren't willing to live at home but from a financial perspective it's really great.
>>
File: 549954.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
549954.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>starting my junior year soon
>still a virgin, still no friends while going to a "party uni"

i dont expect this year to be any different
>>
>>39351447
iktf
>junior but should be senior except I fucked up in math a lot and had to spend another year getting aa
>also friendless khhv
>>
>>39351250
I am >>39349531. Uni is around 200 Miles away. Fastest drive is actually crossing 3 borders (driving through a whole country between me and the country where my school is). It's either a small country, or a small bit of one, but still, psychologically it makes it seem further.
>>
File: 1495651274213.png (345KB, 633x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495651274213.png
345KB, 633x720px
>>39341434
>start tomorrow
>first class is 8am imperial chinese history
>>
>>39351447
>tfw friends but still khv
Join a club, preferably something stupid like gaming or anime and you'll make robot friends
>>
Commuter here, what the fuck do I bring on the first day? Backpack, Notebook, & Pens is all I can think of.
>>
>>39351583
that's dope as fuck. chink history is really underrated.
>>
>>39349090
Find a machine in a toilet somewhere. That's where I get them
>>
>>39351982
>condom machines in the toilet
what kind of dystopia you living in
>>
File: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.jpg (63KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.jpg
63KB, 848x900px
>moved from long island to nyc for school
>ran out of funds
>currently packing my things to move back in with the parents
>also found out that i still owe 3000$ in tuition money
>chances are i might not be able to go school this coming semester
>spent a year in the city with nothing to show for it
>>
>>39351823
Read your syllabuses on the class websites, you might need other shit like books depending on the class.
>>
>>39351997
It's called Great Britain

Do you seriously not have them where you live? There's one in my local supermarket
>>
>>39351997
literally anywhere if they don't have them in your uni bathrooms go to a gas station or just go to the actual store and use a self checkout
>>
Is uni worth it? I worry that I won't be able to hide my autistic fascist beliefs, I generally hate people, and I didn't enjoy schoolwork that much. On the other hand, it seems like the best time to make proper friends and have an interesting time, as well as the fact that my course sounds pretty cool.
A part of me is still a kid though and just wants to go off having adventures (working abroad, army etc) instead
>>
>>39352043
>Read your syllabuses on the class websites, you might need other shit like books depending on the class.
I dont think there is a syllabuses or a class website, all I know are names of teachers and class locations. I havent bought books yet
>>
>>39352145
you sound like a trade's man
>>
>>39352226
I can see why you'd think that from what I said, but I'm a. snobbish about trades and b. very good at academic work (got a place at a top uni in my country)
>>
File: 1502658666799.jpg (61KB, 1024x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1502658666799.jpg
61KB, 1024x1016px
>take Japanese last semester to fulfill language requirement
>first few weeks are pretty easing, learning hiragana/katakana and basic vocabulary
>as soon as we start learning kanji and grammar I completely collapse
>it's too late in the semester to withdraw
>end up with a D in the class
>GPA drops below 3.0
>have to go hard as shit for my senior year in order to slightly unfuck my GPA
>>
>>39352147
what uni?hghjkguhygtfrde
>>
>>39343506
Ohio too, what uni

CSU over here, my family is just poor enough for any college to be expensive, but not poor enough to get any financial aid that does any damage
>>
File: bakersfeel2.png (149KB, 547x717px) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel2.png
149KB, 547x717px
>tfw financial aid poorfag at JC
>tfw I almost forgot to pay the $4 in tuition I owe after the wavers and shit
>tfw still waiting to hear if I was accepted into my transfer school for the spring
>>
>>39352366
University of Akron

>>39352394
Hello fellow Ohioan, I was accepted to CSU but thought UofA campus was much comfier, also exact same financial situation; good luck.
>>
>>39352801
OU has the comfiest campus in the whole state, I swear to God. Downtown Akron is super nice, though. Beats the shit out of Kent and OSU
>>
>starting my computer science minor
>class is full of freshman
>have to buy my homework
Jesus Christ I forgot how much weed out sucks
>>
>>39352394
I went to OSU for undergrad and will likely go back there for grad. Living with my folks has probably stunted me socially but goddamn all the money it has saved me.

I've looked at CSU and for the life of me I can find a program there I'd like in anything I'd be taking.

>>39352841
>Beats the shit out of Kent and OSU
>OSU
What the fuck did you fucking say to me you little bitch?

Just kidding, like I said to the other guy, I don't really have loyalty to OSU, only that I was able to go there and stay with my folks. What makes OU that much better though? Isn't it party school normie land?
>>
>>39353118
I meant purely in terms of how comfy the campus is. OSU is the best state school in Ohio, but the campus is just kinda lame if you ask me
>>
File: 1478977899022.gif (14KB, 958x645px) Image search: [Google]
1478977899022.gif
14KB, 958x645px
I think I've made a terrible mistake.

First year of college I got a dorm room with a guy who was into sports and was really social, but he never really invited me to anything because he seemed to know it made me uncomfortable. I didn't think I'd like him but we were able to shoot the shit for the couple of hours he was ever in the dorm in between hanging out with friends. With him, and through him, I talked to people on a semi-regular basis.

But now in my second year I've gotten a single dorm so I no longer have any dorm mate. Last I heard from him, he was either getting an apartment or moving into a big dorm with four of his other friends. I thought it would be heaven on earth because I can finally do what I want when I want in peace, but it's just now sinking in for me that I'm going to be alone. That without this dude who I never really "befriended" but got along with fine, along with some of his mutuals, I won't be talking to anyone on any basis. I don't know any activities or groups and at this point I'm too afraid to ask or try to insert myself because I know I'll sperg out like in highschool.

I don't want to be that kid who some people see but never speak to. I don't know why, but being alone, completely alone, is starting to fill me with a sort of dread I didn't think I would have. What can I do? Is there anything I can even do at this point, or should I just give in?
>>
>>39342284
so you stay a month longer than everyone else?
>>
>>39353262
Oh no. You might have to put effort into meeting people. Your life is so hard.
>>
>>39347584
cycling club
>>
>start tomorrow
>havent stepped foot in a classroom in nearly 10 years
>havent bought books, dont know where any of my classes are, dont know what to expect

Im fucking myself so bad that im not even stressed anymore.
>>
File: 1503630060624.jpg (100KB, 456x434px) Image search: [Google]
1503630060624.jpg
100KB, 456x434px
>>39344790
i think i'd kill myself desu
>>
>>39353316
Well that may be easy for you to say, King Norman, sitting atop your throne of social awareness and conversation understanding. It's not so casual for the peasants down in the autistic mud.
>>
>>39353522
>we were able to shoot the shit for the couple of hours he was ever in the dorm in between hanging out with friends. With him, and through him, I talked to people on a semi-regular basis.
You're obviously capable of socially interacting, you're just too lazy to put in any effort, and rely on others to introduce you. That's parasite mentality.
>>
hahah loser i forgot to sign up for classes now its too late haha
>>
I haven't bought my book either but I know I need to .
My class is gonna be so easy though, it's literally just a film course. Last week all we did was watch citizen kane during classtime.
>>
>9th semester senior here
>cleaning up my last few credits
>everything seems to odd now
>I walk through campus seeing all the young faces
>I think off all the shit I went through and the good time I have had as well
>I'm pretty much on a victory lap
>In some ways I am sad uni will be in the rear-view mirror in a couple months
>but I am also scared as fuck about what I will do after
>time to polish up my resume and see what I can find
>moving back home kinda seems shitty now.
>>
>taking a lab a year after I took the class for it
Am I fucked? How easy are labs? I still have the textbook for the class and notes so I can refresh.
>>
Universities are normalfag dens. Stop wasting time and end your life with less pain
>>
>>39351158
Give up on your hopes and dreams.
>>
>>39342284
have fun at CC this quarter, boss
>>
>>39344343
wise choice anon
>>
I don't feel like i belong here at uni. All the retarded people here with meme degrees, the whole atmosphere of the people here is just so fucking shallow. Idk, maybe if I just had friends and stuff to occupy my time with i would feel the opposite of how I do now. I guess I'll just tough it out for this semester and see how I feel then. I have no idea what I'm doing with my life lads.
>>
File: IMG_9897.jpg (84KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9897.jpg
84KB, 340x372px
>>39351583
>thought class was at 8 tomorrow
>actually at 10

all my other days start at 8 tho fucc, I have to commute too...
>>
>>39341841
>>39342883
Going to a city college with no actual independent campus and I can't even afford the apartment dorming if I wanted to

I feel like I'm getting gyped out of a life experience
>>
File: 1503529898237.jpg (32KB, 703x675px) Image search: [Google]
1503529898237.jpg
32KB, 703x675px
>all the girls in my classes this semester range from either average looking to ugly or black.

why the fuck can't i ever catch a break.
>>
File: 1503860915926.jpg (68KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
1503860915926.jpg
68KB, 600x405px
>>39349522
I'm making the same mistake. Should I carry on and hope I don't hate it, or do I just stop socializing before it's too late?
>>
>>39342354

I was nervous as shit when I started teaching. Not sure if that's your exact worry, but you get used to it.
>>
File: sasukeeeee.png (743KB, 1428x800px) Image search: [Google]
sasukeeeee.png
743KB, 1428x800px
>"You can be anything you want, anon! A fire fighter, CEO of a major company or even President. Just do good in school and these things WILL happen!"

I'd like to go back and punch all my fucking teachers in the face for getting my hopes up
>>
19y
I am flying to fucking china to get undergrad
godbless me
>>
>>39357293
Why the fuck? The Chinese can't even spell "academic standards"
>>
File: 1500173076174.png (91KB, 304x290px) Image search: [Google]
1500173076174.png
91KB, 304x290px
>small optional test today (cuts some of the percentage you need to pass, may improve you end grade)
>get food poisoning from indian food yesterday
>couldn't sleep at all
>vomiting
I mean I could still show up, but I feel like shit and I feel like falling asleep any time.
>>
Harvey cancelled my classes Monday and Tuesday
>>
File: th.jpg (4KB, 128x181px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
4KB, 128x181px
>>39351250
britbong on an exchange in burgerland reporting in
>>
>>39356869
they're right though, what's your excuse for being an underachieving piece of shit?
>>
>>39357480
i am from russia
and option there is x100 better then where I am now
I am moving to the hell of a city so I hope I will be able to hustle there
>>
>>39357723
and I need to learn to do some spell checking
>>
File: 52551.jpg (12KB, 254x200px) Image search: [Google]
52551.jpg
12KB, 254x200px
I'm so glad this thread is here cause I was hoping I wasn't the only one. No books, folders or anything yet.
>>
File: 1497915632152.png (361KB, 634x483px) Image search: [Google]
1497915632152.png
361KB, 634x483px
>have master's in physics
>used to help my friend (who's still in undergrad) with his calculus homework because it's easy shit and I like teaching things

my friend won't talk to me anymore for unrelated reasons. /uni/ threads always remind me of him and I miss him, lads
>>
>>39356382
>he has girls in his classes
ha-ha get on the computing or mech-eng train lad.
>>
>>39357743
no professor will ever require you to have the book on the first day unless they're fucking retarded
>>
File: 1459029573753.png (83KB, 806x824px) Image search: [Google]
1459029573753.png
83KB, 806x824px
What do you usually eat, lads? I like to make some buckwheat, smoked sausages and potatoes. Just like mama used to make.
>>
>>39357809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA
>>
I'm no Chad, but I'm pretty good looking and had a few girlfriends in HS, I know maybe 15+ girls had crushes on me.

Could I join some loser anime club, or whatever else, and be the chad of the group, then bang all the girls there? Seems pretty easy.
>>
File: IMG_4959.jpg (764KB, 951x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4959.jpg
764KB, 951x710px
>5:20 am
>classes in 3 hours
>still can't get to sleep
>>
>>39342684
>be a little edgy faggot
>suffer consequences
Oh am laffin
>>
>>39343407
>not getting the reading list beforehand and just borrowing them from the library on the first day and keeping them for the year
>>
>>39343627
How the fuck are you funding this
>>
FINALLY

Passed my project that I failed in May. What a fucking struggle this has been; from reporting the groupmates before the deadline and having nothing done about it, to having to argue and be a cunt to be allowed to do the repair on my own, to waiting 2+ months for it to be graded only to find out that the person that was supposed to forward it to the professor didn't do so.

The absolute fucking cunt also went by the principle of (New grade - old grade)/2 and added that to the old grade despite SPECIFICALLY saying he wouldn't do that and that the new grade would be valid on it's own. But fuck it, can't be bothered to deal with that. It's finally over.

Don't fail group projects lads, report the cunts 2 weeks ahead of the deadline if you can.
>>
>>39358852
>then bang all the girls there
>all the girls there
>girls there
AAAAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA HAHA-HA.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA-HAHA-AH
BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA-HAHA-HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GHAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA
HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA
(cont)
>>
>>39359690
You've never seen pics of a group of gross men with one or two girls before? They're quite common, look at any pics of /pol/ meet ups or reddit meet ups.
>>
>>39359690
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH HA HA HA HA HA
AAAAHAHAHA HA HA
WAAAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHA
GAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

hold on let me reply to this guy
>>39359707
yea at best there will be one "girl", a lesbian, a whale who's had the same boyfriend since two weeks into high school and an unwashed rat.

anyway

RRAAAAAAAGH HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HOHOHOHOHOHAAAAAAA
HA HAHA HA HAH HAH
YUEYUEYUEYUEEYU
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>39359690
>>39359765
Calm your autism originally
>>
>first class already cancelled
What do I do until the next one?
>>
>8 AM music theory every single day of the week
>stayed up all night because I smoked weed and couldn't sleep
>did laundry for 2 hours
>tired only hits 1hr 45 mins before first class

Fuck everything
>>
>>39360124
Forgot to add
>broke my fucking phone screen

Kill me
>>
>>39350983
Just had an uncle's funeral last night. Shit's pretty heavy to carry into a semester.
>>
>>39351158
Let it become your hobby in your spare time. Do accounting so you can afford to live and eat, and create on the side.
>>
>>39351583
That sounds based. Mine is fucking Statistics I in ~2 hours.
>>
>>39342064
>>39342188
more than half the "apprenticeships" in the UK are just an excuse to pay you 3bong an hour for a year, then when your contract is up they don't even give you a full paid job.

Or you can go the construction route struggle for work anywhere outside of summer.
>>
Anyone else work 45-50 hours a week all summer, so now uni is the easy part of the year?
>>
File: install gentoo.png (984KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
install gentoo.png
984KB, 1920x1080px
Any other anons coming into uni late? 24 here and pretty much forced into uni dorms with a bunch of 18yr olds, at least I have my own bog/shower so don't have to deal with alien vomit everywhere when I need to wash in the mornings.
>>
>>39360422
When they were 12, you were 18, and now you're at the same stage of education. Kinda sad, isn't it?
>>
File: I_have_awoken_inside.jpg (43KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
I_have_awoken_inside.jpg
43KB, 600x706px
>>39360340
yea I've known plenty of people who get fucked by them. They all promise a job a the end, then you get to the end and you're getting the boot and and earful of excuses. Meanwhile they are training up the next sucker to do exactly what you did.

>>39360465
Not really, university is not like high school where everyone stamps up the same ladder in locked step. People go off to work come back, change direction, etc. You will be in lectures with 18 year olds and 38 year olds, no one cares.
>>
File: jTk0JsZ.png (750KB, 720x1199px) Image search: [Google]
jTk0JsZ.png
750KB, 720x1199px
cant study with all this emo shit going on
>>
>>39360509
>You will be in lectures with 18 year olds and 38 year olds, no one cares.
I've actually finished first year of university already, and the oldest person in any lecture there was 25. Everyone else was 18-20.
>>
>>39360465
pretty much, I had to retake my old school exams last year to even get this far (I failed almost everything at age 16).

At least after years of wageslaving retail I have drive now, if I study like a lazy shit it's back to depression and flipping paninis at starcucks.

tfw it takes you weeks of essay writing to get a mediocre grade, meanwhile the bald guy next to you in class typed up everything last minute and got top grades
>>
>>39360564
I've had 2 classes with old people. They both were the type of person that asks 100 dumb questions that could be answered if they payed attention and weren't behind.
>>
>>39360384
I worked a mcjob full time this summer. Uni is the hard part of the year because it triggers muh anxiety and makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>39360707
I don't think I'll ever be able to work full time, it's just too draining. I did it once and nearly offed myself.
>>
>>39360798
>I don't think I can do what every normal human has done for thousands of years
You really should have offed yourself.
>>
>>39343592
power levels means revealing your autism, which you just did. additionally, you revealed that you are retarded
>>
>>39360798
as long as you find a comfy job it can be fine

When I worked nights stacking shelves i could work at a slowish pace and listen to headphones (this was 40-50hrs a week)

I also had the fun experience of working 15hrs a week in a coffee shop and wanted to kill myself every day. Middle class boomers are the fucking worst, and here I was serving their every need and grovelling after complaint like a slave.
>>
>>39360707
Did you get to eat a lot of free food?
>>
>>39358852
Probably, most of the girls in our anime clubs were dating somebody from the club.
And while the males there were mostly below average, the girls were average to above average.

It wasn't a college/highschool anime club though.
>>
File: qqq.jpg (64KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qqq.jpg
64KB, 1440x1080px
>>39360851
>every normal human
well I don't want to be a normal human, I want to be a leisurely elite. Spend my time in the club of the sons while "normal" people like you toil your life a way in the heart machine.

>>39360924
Yea it was a really shit job, call centre for a toy shop at Christmas. 8hrs a day 5 days a week for 3 months. Nothing but constant abuse and human misery non stop. I had a woman crying down the phone at me because the present she bought her kid got lost but the one they were sending back wouldn't make it in time and she had spent all her money on it. She wasn't trying to sob story me into doing something she was just fucking crying.
>>
>tfw puberty turned me into a reasonably attractive young man
>have to turn down girls because I simply cannot maintain a full erection
>too embarrassed to go to the doctor
>>
First class of the semester in half an hour. Didn't take classes last semester since I tried to kill myself because of the stress the semester before, here's to hoping that doesn't happen again.
>>
>>39361349
Just go to the doctor dude he isn't gonna laugh at you and nobody else has to know
>>
Comp sci major here, should I bring my laptop?
>>
File: feelgers.png (340KB, 501x356px) Image search: [Google]
feelgers.png
340KB, 501x356px
Band camp's finished as of yesterday. I made the drum I wanted and I've improved a lot, but I'm now pretty sore. I have one day of rest and then classes start, I'm so blown.
>>
Ok, so recently I started uni and I've been to a few events. The people are kinda nice there and they even say hi to me in the school.
The thing is that when we are at a bar or a club and there's a girl next to me I have no idea what to say or do. Like the guys are always like saying I should talk to them or go dance but I don't know how. Then occasionally some girl starts talking to me and I answer and talk a bit but soon she just leaves. Then some of the guys from my group who have gfs just laugh at me for "running after pussy in a club" even though I'm still a khv.
I don't understand how their brain works and wonder if mine is actually not working properly.
>>
>qt blonde Australian/Swedish girl in my medieval history class
>dressed modestly, wore a long skirt and a blouse
>stalked her on Facebook and she doesn't appear to have a boyfriend, rides horses competitively
I have to make her mine, this is imperative. I need to lose my kv status before I graduate. Would it be autistic if I sat next to her next class?
>>
>>39361894
yes but don't open it in lectures. Take all your notes on paper otherwise you'll just sit on here instead of listening to what they have to say.
>>
>>39348554
Oslo is a fucking shithole you pleb, Skoppum is where it's at kike
>>
Starting uni in 3 weeks in psychology. I got to the least sjw-riddled facculty possible but there are still sjwfags present who are on their daily special snowflake grind and make humanities look bad. Wish me luck anons
>>
>>39362326
>rides horses competitively
sounds like the the dream girl lad, go for it and don't look back. For the love of god make sure you talk to her though, just sitting next to someone and saying thothing is worse than doing nothing at all.
>>
>>39362537
Why are you studying garbage? Don't waste time on that pile of unemployable shite.
>>
File: condescending cartoon woman2.png (445KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
condescending cartoon woman2.png
445KB, 640x360px
>>39362537
I'm sure you have a bright future ahead of you studying one of the most popular, least useful degrees there is. Good luck, you'll need it!

The world definitely needs a billion more clinical psychologists.
>>
>>39362545
What should I say though? i've never done anything like this before, but I really feel like I can't pass on her
>>
>>39349522
>>39356496
Acquaintances in classes come and go. When people talk about making friends they mean people you can do things with outside of class. It's much easier to make good friends in clubs because then you are doing things you like with people who will do them with you.

Alternatively you can ask people in the dorms, apartments, or classes to go out for dinner/drinks/dancing and make that a regular thing.

Most things in life require practice. Just put in the hours and you should start seeing results, if not get help.
>>
>>39362755
Fuck knows man, but you've got to think of something. Probably start with generic uni chat about your course or whatever and try and build from there. I can only tell you what the fuckups are, when it comes to doing the right thing I am of no use.
>>
>>39360422
I transferred at 24. I threw myself into social activities and was doing fine. I was anti-social to this point so progress has been slow but I'm pretty much an anti-chad now.
>>
>>39361894
>>39362382
Would it be autistic to NOT bring a laptop?
>>
>>39362821
True. I guess I'll give it a shot on Wednesday, thanks
>>
>>39362952
Yeah, people will think you're weird honestly. 95% of people have one at uni, speaking from experience.
>>
>>39362952
no, unless you are going to uni in nigeria there will be an open computer lab you can work in all day.
>>
>>39362999
When you're up at 3am working on something for 9am would you rather be in the comfort of your dorm or in some computer lab (that may be closed at night)?
>>
>>39363064
1: do shit on time and don't be in that situation
2: I was assuming he meant taking laptop his regular place of habitation, be that home or a dorm, to the universisty building. Not "should I have a laptop at all."
>>
>>39362577
I'm not murrican so psychology degrees are actually meaningful here. I originally wanted to study biochemistry or psychiatry but shits boring and that'd mean I'd have to be on Ritalin 24/7 to get my PhD, so I decided for masters from psychology, maybe doctorate if I'll be able to make it
>>
>>39363175
>do shit on time and don't be in that situation
Easier said than done. I had 36 different assessments in first year, at least one of them will be done late at night.
>Not "should I have a laptop at all."
Well if he could clarify that would be helpful.
>>
>>39362619
Have I said I wanted to be a clinical psychologist anon?

Also
>falling for the STEM meme
>>
>>39363235
>I'm not murrican so psychology degrees are actually meaningful here
I'm not American either, psychology is useless wherever you are. I don't see what being American has to do with it?
>>
>>39361349
Do you go dancing? After an hour or two of dancing I get boners just feeling a thigh.
>>
>>39363255
>Have I said I wanted to be a clinical psychologist anon?
It's the only fucking job you can get with psychology and the world only needs like 3 of them total out of millions of psych graduates.

Out of every psychology student I've talked to they all say the want to do clinical psychology because it's the only job available for these people.
>>
>>39362012
Try going to a place with your friends that has dance lessons, like salsa night. Latin music is really easy to dance to because it's just beats.
>>
>>39363265
Because American universities are a joke mostly.
Also I don't see why psychology is a useless degree. I can see how people would think that since 90% of my class are normie ass Stacie's and beta cucks but there are some people who legit are intelligent and could help the field tremendously. I don't plan on being a psychology Jew who just steals money from people who want a mental enema. Either I want to try research or try and travel the world helping people who need it not spoiled teens who think sex change is a cool prospect
>>
>>39363336
>Also I don't see why psychology is a useless degree
Because psychology doesn't produce anything useful.

Chemistry produces pharmaceuticals and industrial chemicals used to make useful products. Engineers design and build useful technology. What the fuck does psychology produce? Nothing of value.
>>
>>39363312
Well I honestly don't know if I want to be a psychology
Considering psychology is applied in every single media today, almost every way masses are controlled is somehow connected or directly works with psychology. I'd say that's pretty useful, morally bad, but useful. Also I never said I want to help people on a big scale. Send an engineer to someone who's home just got robbed and their parents killed and engineer can do nothing, psychologist can help the person deal with the PTSD and make sure they don't grow up to be a school shooter or off themselves. I know that on the big scale it can't compare to pharmacists making drugs that save millions of lives, but on one pharmacist you have 10 psychologists saving single lives, so it kind of balances itself out
Also, working in a pharma lab sucks dick, I know that from experience.
>>
Guys I'm at college RIGHT NOW. Send help!
>>
>>39363498
>psychologist can help the person deal with the PTSD
You don't need to be a psychologist to help someone deal with their feelings. It's such a flimsy nothing of a subject. You're studying for 4 years to help people with their feelings? What a joke.

And good luck getting a PhD when a huge amount of people on your course will want one too because they know a BSc is useless by itself.
>>
>>39363571
4 years? I honestly don't know how university degrees work in other countries, but in my country you study for 3 years to get a bachelor's degree, then you can study for 2 more years(5 total) to get master's or 3 more for get a doctorate(6 total).
>>
>>39363621
I just assumed you were American so a bachelors would take 4 years and masters take 2. In the UK bachelors take 3 and masters takes 1 so I don't know where you're from.

2/3 of psych research papers can't be reproduced, so the entire field is bullshit and even if you get a PhD you won't be helping anyone.
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (213KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
213KB, 2048x1536px
>>39342204
Take this into consideration.

>>
>>39363672
Look, that's your belief anon, and yes, psychology doesn't make sense in a logical way and yes there are way too many psych students and graduates and the Golden age of psychology is probably over, but my only options are left are medicine or law. Law is unacceptable for me and I hate med students and doctors because they're just egoistical self-righteous fucks. Also I'd have to actually start taking my ADHD medication if I were to study these fields. And I don't want to. At the end of the day, I just want to be happy that I can help someone who's depressed or explain a parent that their child isn't a bad person but that they are just different. I don't need large-scale miracles. I don't want the society to suck my dick because I am a glorified butcher who gets off on people stroking their ego after I get a paper in my hand with a diagnosis that I didn't even decide.
>>
When do I start making friends? Everyone around me is talking with people and I'm sitting here looking at my lap feeling like a dork. How the fuck am I supposed to start a conversation with people I've never met and not look like a spaghetti spilling retard?
>>
>>39363929
just bee yourself anon. Has noboby told you that already
>>
>>39363929
>sitting in the quad on break on first day of uni
>everyone is in pairs/groups or have their earbuds in and unblinkingly staring at their phones
God fucking damnit
>>
>>39364119
I know you're being sarcastic, but I cannot fathom this working in the slightest especially since I go to a HBCU
>>
>>39349210
Same boat as you 27

Had friends and shit in high school.
>poor
>army for college
infantry cuz I'm cool
>sent to a literal ied shithole
>btfo
Shut in no friends barely able to keep a job in and out of jail drink every day gained 20 lbs lost all muscle definition no sleep almost dropped out of uin.

Took a year off. Took care of legal issues cut way down on drinking got a shit job but one I could started running again
Going back to school today.
If I fuck it up this time I'm gonna get drunk fuck some hookers and blow my brains out with my AR.
>>
File: 1502413006987.jpg (21KB, 339x478px) Image search: [Google]
1502413006987.jpg
21KB, 339x478px
Skipped my first class because I was too scared to go. Now I'm already behind on day 1. I'll probably end up dropping out of that class.
>>
>get done with coursework and study for upcoming exams
>reward myself by going on 4chan for 10 minutes
>call it "4chan time"
im so fucking pathetic
>>
File: 1503860239674.jpg (26KB, 320x473px) Image search: [Google]
1503860239674.jpg
26KB, 320x473px
>>39362815
>Most things in life require practice. Just put in the hours and you should start seeing results, if not get help.
I have no trouble socializing, I just don't like it. Or connect with people.
I always make the mistake of thinking I need people's company after being a long time alone, but after spending just a bit of time with them I can't handle it and just want to go live innawoods somewhere. Probably schizoid PD, but psychiatric help is not a can of worms I want to open right now.
Not that I'm likely to find anyone capable of the kind of long-term psychotherapy required.
>>
>>39343627
I switched one of my two majors (math to finance), which added another two years to my degree. I'm doing freshman courses for finance, while doing senior economics courses. You spend a lot of years at uni if you don't make your mind up the first time, but I guess it's much better than graduating and being thrown into the workforce at a young age.
>>
File: karl-pilkington.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
karl-pilkington.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>participation grade is higher than 20%
fucking why
>>
File: file.png (61KB, 236x233px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61KB, 236x233px
>would have graduated in July if I wasn't a lazy piece of shit that only smoked weed all day
>had to fly back to Uni to present my thesis on the same day everyone but me graduated

Have an entire semester left and am concerned I'll slip back into the absolute hell that every winter there has been so far. Fuck uni.
>>
>>39344790
Fuck me, you Americans are a weird bunch. This is the type of shit they made you do on primary (elementary) school camp. Do they also make sure you've wiped your bum correctly?
>>
File: file.png (259KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
259KB, 600x600px
I have been to a total of 5 lectures in the past 3 years of Uni.

Anyone else?
>>
>>39364732
Good. Free points.
>>
File: 1496397734649.png (336KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1496397734649.png
336KB, 964x964px
>>39364732
This>>39364876
My participation is only like 10% of the grade. I'd kill to have 20%
>>
>>39364831
Yep. I spend 2 hours commuting (live at home), so only attend class when absolutely necessary.
Most lecturers I've had just quote from the prescribed textbook anyway. You're wasting your time attending lectures really.
>>
>>39365181
I go to lectures to find out what will be in tests and how to get maximum marks for projects. They aren't even subtle about it half the time and people still miss it.
>>
File: 1503342834113.jpg (5KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
1503342834113.jpg
5KB, 250x183px
HOW do I introduce myself to classmates

is shaking their hand too formal or forward or uncool?
>>
>>39365424
>he doesn't shake hands when meeting with his friends/acquaintances all the time
I-is this an Eastern European thing?
>>
>qt japanese girl in my writing class
>class is over and she's standing outside on her phone
>beta weeb goes up to her and introduces himself

the jokes write themselves
>>
File: 1394210252966.jpg (71KB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
1394210252966.jpg
71KB, 350x346px
>>39365424
Depends on where you live, I suppose. People tend to shake hands here when introducing themselves all the time.
Just reach out your hand and say "Hi, I'm anon", then continue with a subject after both have introduced themselves.
>>
>>39365424
>>39365471
Though don't go out of your way to shake hands with everyone around you.
I assume you are not too autistic to understand this?
>>
>>39341434
Why does bobby and hank look like complete and utter fucking tools.
>>
>be me yesterday
>tell myself that i'm going to wake up early and study/do hw
>wake up at fucking 11:30am
>don't do hw
>just eat and go to college
>get here don't even enter class, begin to fuck around on 4chan
I'm starting to think that college really isn't for me honestly. I just want to make money and do shit that I like. Maybe I should do a trade or go to the military. What do you think brobots?
>>
>>39365424
not a huge fan of saying hi to people randomly. there has to be circumstances in order to socialize imo. joining a club would be your best bet. if you have the courage to randomly say hi to strangers, do so.
>>
>>39365521
Get an appointment with a uni counselor or some shit before. What are your passions, what do you like or don't like?
>>
>Wake up
>Realize I dont have to go to college or university
>Realize Im not going to get raped by college debt
>???
>profit
>>
>>39365553
Not him but I did one and it didn't help at all
>>
File: 1473828299019.jpg (176KB, 1921x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1473828299019.jpg
176KB, 1921x1280px
>>39365585
>Wake up
>Realize I have to go to college or university
>Realize Im going to get raped by college debt
>???
>???
>>
>>39365553
I lost my full ride scholarship because of shitty grades.
French is one of my passions, but I really don't need to go to school for it. I just like making my money honestly.
>>
Give it to me straight, UK robots. How much of a meme uni is Aberystwyth?
>>
>>39365616
lol at least you'll find a decent job in no time after you graduate right anon?
right...?
>>
File: 1469164206768.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1469164206768.png
30KB, 747x491px
>>39365684
Yeah, hypothetically.
>>
>>39357723
If you know English, Russian, and Chinese that would be pretty valuable
>>
>>39343476
I've been ivng here a week and I've already noticed this

How do people meet and become friends so fast? I just don't get it
>>
>>39365684
>>39365712
I've got a decent job and I've not even graduated yet.
going to uni isn't enough any more you need to pick the right course.
>>
>>39341434
Just started and already am in 20k in debt.
>>
>>39365788
*living

fuck
>>
File: 1372343040285.gif (823KB, 300x129px) Image search: [Google]
1372343040285.gif
823KB, 300x129px
>>39365794
Well if a masters in electrical engineering doesn't land me a job, I'll just kill myself.
>>
>>39365521
>wake up at fucking 11:30am
That's lightweight, bro. I've slept through group meetings at 2:00pm before.
>>
>>39365821
also you need to network / whore the shit out of your self. No one can give you a job if they don't know you exist.
>>
File: 1369313122290.gif (442KB, 441x270px) Image search: [Google]
1369313122290.gif
442KB, 441x270px
>>39365853
I know.
Whether or not I'll do any of that shit remains to be seen. I'm having trouble just not being a complete recluse who nobody knows.
>>
>>39365821
That's what my friend has. The only job he's ever landed was setting/organizing the lights for our towns Xmas lights.
>>
>>39365831
kek lelelelelel
>>
>>39365925
>Xmas lights.
Christmas lights.
The different colleges in the U.S. offer a variety of classes of the young engineer. Frankly, this has gotten out of hand and some of these degrees may be called engineering, but they are worthless to begin with. They just won't tell you, of course, to get your money. As a reminder, if your engineering degree is cheaper than most in the towns around, it may have a solid reason why they are offering it for cheap.
>forced gender appreciation courses.
>>
Sounds like you Ameribros have it tough. College over there seems like normie conditioning.
On my campus in Australia there isn't much of "uni life xd" scene, and there's never really been required attendance for most of the courses I've done.
If you're the type of guy who isn't into socialising then there's not a lot to worry about here. Making friends is still tough, but at least there's no forced socialising crap such as this >>39344790
>>
>>39366153
Here it's utterly riddled with the "uni life xd" bullshit, but at least none of it's compulsory.
>>
>>39366153
Thankfully many, including myself commute so we don't have to deal with the normie shit. I couldn't even imagine having to live in a tiny prison room appartment with a roommate.
>>
File: 1456864344609.png (534KB, 618x718px) Image search: [Google]
1456864344609.png
534KB, 618x718px
>>39366220
>live in an apartment with two other guys
>one's on vacation with his door open and stuff strewn out, probably dead or something
>other's some asocial diaspora who clearly avoids me, don't see him most days
>live 500m from the university
>>
I've just been through my first day of college and I think I spoke maybe a total of 6 times all of which being "thank you", "excuse me" or "sorry". Does it get any better than this? God help me if it doesn't
>>
>>39366321
You kind of have to put in effort, lad.
>>
>>39366321
Nobody will punch the words out of you, lad.
>>
>>39366333
>>39366503
I know this is true and all, but how am I supposed to approach someone? I have no idea how to start conversations with people I know, much less people I've seen for the first time
>>
>>39366550
If there's some kind of drinking party for freshmen or some shit like that, go there and try to introduce yourself. Drink.
>>
>>39366550
>Hey.
>Have you seen [recent event that took place]?
>Now, what do you think about [outcome]?

Just like the guy where people came in to ask about the fight. Nobody cares about it, that's just an ice breaker to see if you are laid back.
>>
>>39366596
what kind of normie bullshit is that? why if nobody cares? what if i stutter like i always do?
>>
>>39366725
>what kind of normie bullshit is that?
What did you expect, the robot art of not being an autist around strangers? Tough luck, you passive fuck.
>>
>>39366725
>what if i stutter like i always do?
they'll point and laugh and call you names and push you down a well for being a freak. Or maybe they'll just politely wait for you to say what ever it is you've got to say like any normal person would.
>>
>>39366568
I don't know about any, but I'll keep my eye out

>>39366596
Will try. I don't really follow normalfag shit I'll prolly start going to /sp/ and watch football or something.

Also >>39366725 isn't me
>>
File: 1500432010618.png (61KB, 500x146px) Image search: [Google]
1500432010618.png
61KB, 500x146px
>professor is a huge fag who interrupts the lecture every 20 seconds to shoot out his ebin jokes and hot opinions
>too late to get a full refund on the class :^)
>>
>>39366955
I had a lecturer like that, literally didn't know the content he was "teaching" and spent the whole time farting about. Every class that gets him complains about him but he never gets booted due to internal politics.
>>
File: 1500879411195.jpg (261KB, 800x725px) Image search: [Google]
1500879411195.jpg
261KB, 800x725px
>>39366955
>last semester professor would interrupt class to go on 20 minutes long rants about DRUMPF until he was physically shaking and nearly frothing at the mouth
>class was supposed to be about the Korean War
Never been more glad to be done with a class before in my life
>>
>>39359004
>>39342707
I dont think his friends behaviour were the best to be honest, and its a little bit ironic. I dont agree with the facist bullshit and the stuff that /pol/ posts, but all this anon did was express his ideas, now, i dont know what anon posted but his friends are being hipocrates in vandalizing his stuff. Being "democrat" and "libertarian" means everyone has the right to express his ideas, and vandalizing and bullying some one for expressing is what a facist would do.
>>
File: 1503348148028.jpg (49KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1503348148028.jpg
49KB, 640x637px
>>39367138
>tfw the same thing is happening to me in INTRO TO COMPUTER FUCKING SCIENCE
I fucking hate college. I just want to get this shit over with asap.
>>
>tfw you google [bookname] pdf but can't find the book
>>
>>39348222
dad? what are you doing here?
>>
File: 1503507346113.png (272KB, 577x382px) Image search: [Google]
1503507346113.png
272KB, 577x382px
>Think I'll meet people interested in the same stuff I am or at least make friends with someone
>Roomies are either hiding away in their dorm or out and about but I don't know since their doors are always shut whenever I leave and they don't say shit if they did leave
>Absolutely no one walks in and chats me up when I leave the dorm room door open and no other person does the same for their dorm
>Every single person I see on campus already has a buddy or a group of friends they met on campus and talking it up
>Past three events for socializing and getting friends have given me 0 friends or contacts
>>
>stay in my room all summer like a NEET hermit
>now tossed into a room with hundreds of normies conversing around me
>my tiny amount of social skills have dwindled and died so I can't even talk to cashiers anymore
>just feel like a piece of shit for being alone around so many people
How the fuck do I deal with this? God I wish I was a NEET, then I could just stay in my room all day.
>>
>>39341841
kys normie faggot nigger
Thread posts: 452
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.