[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

abusive father

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: nu.png (769KB, 1843x792px) Image search: [Google]
nu.png
769KB, 1843x792px
I've recently watched Sinister 2 and there was this cuck who abused his family and it got me thinking.
How hard would it be for the kid to just wait for 3 am, find the largest fucking knife in the kitchen and go kill the motherfucker ? I mean, it's not like life can get any worse, right ? Why don't they ever do this ?
>>
>>39338115
Children revere their parents like gods.
There's a huge mental gap where attacking a parent seriously to hurt or kill them is incomprehensible.
>>
>>39338471
Well, that's true for the vast majority of cases.
However situations / people like this have always angered me to the point of completely losing my shit and it started when I was very young,, maybe like 7 or 8. I don't have abusive parents but I still cannot comprehend how the children won't simply realize this
>>
>>39338511
It's a problem of selective traits.
Historically, during the 100,000 some years of human development, any child who succeeded in killing their caregivers or abusers historically would have perished.
So the capacity for children to attack their parents with intent to kill has been ruthlessly weeded out of the population.

Children display a lot of these very powerful pathological behaviors because very frequently this is where unfit individuals were eliminated.
>>
>>39338567
Perished ? Yes, if they were living in the plains of Africa 15k years ago. Not today, not really.

What have you meant by eliminating unfit individuals ? I do not see how it's biologically correct to accept abuse from anybody, including parents.
>>
>>39338616
What happens today isn't really providing selective pressure is it.

I'm explaining to you why children today can't attack their parents regardless of what's right or wrong.
In the past, children who did died before they were able to reproduce.
All children today are descended from children who never killed their parents.

You're not a nut who doesn't believe in natural selection are you?
>>
>>39338650
Alright, that makes sense. However natural selection is not the one and only factor, there is also random genome mutation out of which anger towards parents with the intention of killing can be born very easily.

Besides that - it can be a question of intelligence, since if a child considers all of the outcomes and decides that the best outcome is to end up in an orphanage rather than to suffer through their childhood then why don't do it ?

And as far as I know, natural selection likes intelligent creatures.
>>
>>39338729
You can't randomly mutate away complicated selected traits sadly. What you're suggesting is like mutating a missing leg. And mutating a missing tendency is significantly rarer because multiple mutations need to coincide to remove something that's been so strongly selectively reinforced.

Society is an extremely recent invention. A few thousand years vs tens of thousands of hunter-gatherer groups.
We differ very little from hunter gatherer homosapiens.

Additionally,n atural selection doesn't care specifically for intelligence. It cares for the organism best suited to the environment. That's the only selective criteria.
Be more efficient than your neighbor. Have more children. Intelligence does that to a point, but it's coincidental.
>>
>>39338820
>What you're suggesting is like mutating a missing leg.

Um, no ? Being intelligent or not and being aggressive or not can be changed ever so quickly.

For example - how come that there exist siblings that share almost all of their genome and yet one is an empathetic pacifist and the other is a violent jerk ? Or what about one kid being more intelligent than their siblings ? They should be practically the same according to
the natural selection and yet they're not.
>>
>>39338894
You don't understand selective processes at all.
What you're describing is a capacity for adapting to an environment. That's an array of genetic factors that selectively manifest depending on exposure.
Think about chameleons changing color.
We're all able to change our personalities to suit the environment.
People in tougher environments become more assertive and violent because that's what's successful in that environment.

You could argue a chameleon is born red or born green, you'd be totally wrong. Even if the chameleon was always kept in either a red or green environment and never had a reason to change color.
>>
>>39338952
Right, so basically the kiddos who are being abused are too dumb and either have a too little capacity to adapt to the environment / change it or were simply born that way because of the natural selection.
>>
>>39339078
Right.
Or rather abused children historically were more likely to survive to maturity if they simply did nothing about it.
That's what worked, so that's what was selectively reinforced. Learned helplessness.
>>
>>39338952
>We're all able to change our personalities to suit the environment.

So the kids don't ever think of killing their abusive parents "just because they do not absolutely have to" and because it is partly hardcoded into them ?
>>
>>39338115
Do you know how hard it is to stab someone with a kitchen knife? They aren't designed for forward thrusts, if a child manages enough force their hand will skip over the blade anyway.
A kid also still depends on the abusive parent, they might beat the shit out of them, but they're still fed.
>>
>>39339218

>implying that it is hard to stab somebody with a sharp object

No. It is very easy unless you happen to have Parkinson's

>A kid also still depends on the abusive parent

Since we live in this age, no. The kid can always end up in an orphanage, which may be worse, but if the kid suffers too much then it can also be better.
>>
>>39339186
It's the hardcode thing mostly.
Children have a huge variety of pathological behaviors that force them to behave very predictably.

Tell small children silly stories and they'll believe you. Tell them there's a crocodile in the river that will eat them. They'll believe you.

Do you know what happened to children who didn't believe what they were told?
Who went down to crocodile infested rivers?
>>
>>39339265
>Sharp object
No hilt, only sharp on one side, it does take a lot of force to break the skin, your hand will slip over the lack of hilt and cut you. You could hurt someone, but it's very difficult to do killing damage unless the parent is a hemophiliac. There's a good reason for sword and dagger design vs cooking knives. I suppose you could do a kind of machete whacking move but that wouldn't do very deep damage, especially a child vs an adult and from knife length not giving leverage.
>Orphanages
Do you live in the third world or Russia? First world countries don't do that, you would be put in an incredibly shitty Foster system where chances are you'll be abused. Plus there's no way a murderous child is going into an orphanage, they will be in a juvenile prison or psychiatric facility.
>>
>>39339361
You're right, but just to point out - predictable does not equal pacifistic. And since children are still "in development", if they are intelligent enough and have at least a certain amount of aggression then it can only be a matter of time until they'll think of an attempt to kill their parents.

But I agree that since it is true that kids like these usually were failures for obvious reasons they are unlikely to actually do it even if they would think about it.

So the reason why I'm thinking of a hypothetical scenario like this is either because I'm a surviving failure (lol) or maybe having nice parents has made me jumpy.
>>
File: 288.jpg (117KB, 2508x1376px) Image search: [Google]
288.jpg
117KB, 2508x1376px
>>39339377
Cutting yourself is not off the table, but according to my little research of mortal injuries, if the kid managed to stab the father in the neck while they were sleeping and then preferably at least once into the chest and prevent the father from calling an ambulance for 2 - 5 minutes then chances are very high that he'll die. Besides it's not like cutting yourself will prevent you from delivering massive damage by cutting an artery. Also it is not that likely, dunno how your kitchen knives are but in my country pic related are common and the blunt backside of it can act as a safeguard.

>orphanages

I am actually from a Slavic country lol
I haven't researched the exact system that'll apply to criminal kids in my country, but it is likely that it'll go like this - psych facility / juvenile prison for perhaps a year and then orphanage.
>>
>>39339448
Predictable is a poor choice of words.
What I should have posted is, simplistic and in a fashion that maximises survivability.

I'm not denying that children may indeed buck the trend and lash out, but there's a huge amount of conditioning to overcome.

Now without the selective pressure of certain demise with the loss of a parent, children might begin to show all sorts of degeneration in this department.
>>
>>39339612
>I'm not denying that children may indeed buck the trend and lash out, but there's a huge amount of conditioning to overcome.

Alright.

>Now without the selective pressure of certain demise with the loss of a parent, children might begin to show all sorts of degeneration in this department.

Degeneration happens all the time, with the pressure and without. Also the parent is already a failure in this case, so the pressure is applied in an uncommon way - the child will prevent its own broken parent from spreading his genome further.
>>
>>39339673
Selection doesn't care about being an abusive parent.
It only cares if your child survives to maturity and has children.

Remember that. There's no moral obligation in natural selection unless being a good person makes you more likely to survive.

We should take care to make sure good people prosper and wicked people perish.
>>
>>39339713
>We should take care to make sure good people prosper and wicked people perish.

True. It's a shame that this is not looked upon properly.
>>
>>39338115

I'm not going to get blood all over me and make a mess

I'm to squeamish, i'd Quaalude his ass sedate him with strong tranquilizers than tie him up really tight and careful

Than i'd figure out what i would do, think about all the abuse and figure out a reasonable punishment, mental and psychical abuse what it meant to me etc...

Electrocution, smashing his toes and fingers with a hammer, pull his teeth, maybe a pyro treatment, to top it off some psychotropic terror so he eventually loses his actual mind.

Maybe make him unable to talk, eventually get him committed in a psych hospital so the rest of his life is spend looking at a blank wall
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.