[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else terrified of speaking on the phone? why does this happen?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

anyone else terrified of speaking on the phone?
why does this happen?
>>
>>39335216
Not terrified, but I really hate talking on phone, I always try to be as brief as possible.
What I am terrified of is if I have to speak to someone over paperwork and shit.
>>
>>39335216
I try to pick a cherry ring tone to reduce the anxiety of receiving a phone call but it doesn't really help. I've been getting phone calls form a 1-800 number recently and I've been letting it go to voicemail but they don't leave a message. I never feel like answering and it's been weeks
>>
I hate talk to people orally
>>
>>39335216
>low sound quality
>chance of miscommunication as a result which is fucking awkward as shit
i have anxiety for even normal conversations so the added awkwardness that the phone adds just makes things even worse.
>>
File: DCvTeT1UQAAobHe.jpg (9KB, 251x201px)
DCvTeT1UQAAobHe.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
I had one of those annoying friends in middle school who would constantly try to call me up at random times. Me being really antisocial did not help either. Now I get super anxious whenever a phone rings in my house
>>
>>39335216
The only social cues you'll get are from the other person's voice. Much higher risk of spaghetti.
>>
>>39335216
Yeah. Pretty much this >>39336214 for me. Talking to people makes me uneasy, the thought of doing so is kinda scary, but it's so much worse when you don't have most of the info you usually are getting. And texting is fucking shit for having a conversation. I don't know how normal people do that and stay sane.
>>
File: 1499427790167.jpg (7KB, 250x193px)
1499427790167.jpg
7KB, 250x193px
>>39335216
Yes, it's fucking terrible. It's less terrible now, that I've done it a couple of times, but it still is fucking horrible. The sound quality is so bad that I often misunderstand or am afraid to misunderstand what the other person is saying and I have to ask them to repeat themselves. I don't know when it's my turn to speak and I don't know how and when to end the call. Happens often that there are multiple seconds of silence before I say "ok thanks bye" and the other person starts talking about some other shit at the same time. Makes me wanna drown myself.
>>
Only in front of other people
>>
>>39335372
well where I lived there was no internet when I was in school so you had to call to know what was the homework if you were absent
>>
>>39335216
My autism reaches maximum level when talking on phone. How can it be easier to talk in person than over phone or discord, skype etc. i wonder as well?
>>
>>39335216
I work in retail, I dread having to use the pager
>>
>>39339904
retail wagecuck here as well, we have to make hourly announcements and nothing makes me cringe harder than hearing my voice through the entire store
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.