[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Be honest guys, were you rooting for him? Did he deserve to die?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: Light_yagami.jpg (7KB, 310x176px) Image search: [Google]
Light_yagami.jpg
7KB, 310x176px
Be honest guys, were you rooting for him?

Did he deserve to die?
>>
yes and yes. they all deserved to die.
>>
>>39332054
Just like Hitler, a glorious rise and a few years of ruling the people. Then a quick fall everybody saw coming.
>>
>>39332054
All I know is that he is hella sexi
>>
>>39332054
I actually just finished watching this yesterday, and id like to hear what people thought of it cause I went in blind. Thoughts on the second half? Favorite character?
>>
>>39332054
>killing criminals who have already been convicted and punished
No Light was pretty pointless
>>
>>39332054
Yes I did root for him from the beginning but, although inevitable, he didn't deserve to die.
>>
I ahve never seen all of this show.

I don't have motivation to live anymore.

I know you're all normies idk who I'm talking to
>>
Kyusuke (or whatever is the name of the rich guy that receives the Note from Rem) is the most right person, justice is kinda gay, it's way cooler to use powers for financial gain
>>
>>39332054
I was rooting for Matsuda and i'm glad he gunned down that pretty boy """""genius"""""
>>
>>39332054
Show went to shit when Light went to prison.
>>
>>39332054
Yes and yes originalorino
>>
>>39332282
what would you do if you had the death note
>>
>>39332165
I look like him, wanna be my gf
>>
>>39332472
Save it for interventions in geo-political catastrophes or helping law enforcement in life or death situations.

I'd only use it as a last resort for when shit's really going south though.
>>
File: madness.jpg (2KB, 124x97px) Image search: [Google]
madness.jpg
2KB, 124x97px
>>39332539
not what i expected desu
why not do something to change the world?
you would just keep it safe?
you could be a god if used correctly
>>
>>39332054
>Not a black trans woman
What is this racist shit?
>>
Of course I did, I'm a fucking edgy person through and through, I always want the villain/anti-hero to win.
>>
>>39332575
But I'm not a god. I'm just a mortal man.
What would you do with it?
>>
>>39332054
The series should of ended with L's death. Everything after that just felt shallow and felt like the author was out of idea's.
>>
>>39332472
I'd just use it to fuck with people. Like killing all celebrities of a certain age.
>>
>>39332202
second half was shit. Should have ended after L died.
>>
>>39332054
Honestly, no. Despite how people feel about the later half of Death Note, Near was ultimately right. Light was no better than the people he killed. Probably worse.

>being a murdering, selfish, narcissistic, manipulative, sociopath with a god complex is okay because you're doing the "right thing" or for the "greater good"

yeah no

And as for him dying. Ryuk fucking told him at the beginning that he would be the one to kill Light.
>>
>>39332054
I was rooting for L, but was hoping he'd use it too.
>>
>>39334391
Everybody that read and or saw it knows that it should have ended there. I started skimming at that point.
>>
>>39334439
But he ended all crime. And he only tried to kill the worst of people, and he was actually better than other for being an all A student and the son of the sheriff. Who is better and more suited to end crime than that? The evil of the murdered combined is worse than his evil. They would have many victims each too.
>>
File: 1420668812853.png (431KB, 458x391px) Image search: [Google]
1420668812853.png
431KB, 458x391px
>mfw the Netflix movie
>>
File: 1478939387114.gif (1MB, 320x213px)
1478939387114.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>39332054
It ends on ep26 when Light wins.
>>
>>39334640
No, it ends when he gets reincarnated as a death god for having killed so many people that it added to his life despite being a human.
>>
>>39334542
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I saw a trailer for it months ago and thought it looked like dog shit.
>>
File: 1503769624986.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503769624986.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>39334690
you're missing out on all the excitement.
https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm
>>
>>39332054
He was rushing things too quickly and got too comfortable
>>
>>39332054
I was rooting for Ryuk really, he was the most interesting character and I wish we would have learned more about the shinigami world.
>>
>>39332054
I didn't really give a shit either way. The death note was never going to make him god or any of that shit, since he's still reliant on regular cops doing the legwork. At most he'd be a glorified executioner.

>>39332959
Also this. Nothing was going to top the "just as planned" moment.
>>
>>39332054
Whoever didn't root for him is a huge normie who is virtual signaling.
>>
I was only rooting for Matsuda
>>
>>39336126
Stop using the words virtue signaling. Both had virtues idiot. Open minded might have wanted them to team up or have L get to use it instead of Light.
>>
>>39332054
I was rooting for him just because it was effectively him against the government. I mean, pretty much a god damn teenager against two world class detectives (L and Near) along with the police.
>>
>>39332959
Too many people were buying it for him to stop.
>>
>>39332959
They shouldn't have killed L off. I think what would have been a good ending was if L ultimately managed to defeat Light but only at the cost of his own life. He finally managed to defeat his greatest adversary, but both were so good that it could have only ended in both their deaths.
>>
File: persona5donotclick.jpg (75KB, 840x1057px) Image search: [Google]
persona5donotclick.jpg
75KB, 840x1057px
>>39332054
I'm retarded
Yes
maybe, probably, hard to say
>>
File: sdf.png (44KB, 564x372px) Image search: [Google]
sdf.png
44KB, 564x372px
>>39336757
Sasuga you fujo faggot.
>>
>>39332282
you tard, in killing criminals who were already 'punished' by the law he prevented future criminals from commiting crimes, knowing that if they are caught they will die
>>
File: 1475043646630.png (132KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1475043646630.png
132KB, 298x298px
>>39336807
I'm sorry for being too dumb to live
why am I the only male who actually liked Akechi
>>
havent watched anime in over a year

anything good to watch bros?
>>
I've always thought that Light is an extremely well written villain. Untagged spoilers ahead.
>show starts off with Light obtaining the death note and starting his villainy, not wasting any time getting to the action
>he progressively gets better at using it, performing experiments and learning how to use it undetected
>he's cocky but he's careful
>he's able to bend everyone to his will save for L
>he performs truly evil acts to protect himself that are beyond just killing criminals, such as killing the FBI agents and the one agent's wife
>He takes a drastic measure to protect himself in giving up the death note, thinking extremely far ahead
>it's at this point you learn who Light is as a person before he found the death note. I think this is important because it's such a stark contrast, but they don't waste your time with this at the start of the story but rather introduce it later and still allow the death note investigation to proceed
>they also show that Light hypothetically wouldn't use the Death Note, even though we already know that he actually would
>once he gets it back, he gets his plan back on track and continues his reign for years, and continues to get more cocky and less cautious until ultimately his arrogance gets the better of him and he's defeated

The character development in Light is extremely well designed and I think some people overlook it. Yeah the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first but the progression still took a logical path.
>>
>>39332054
The Faustian ending was the absolute best bit. Kino desu.
>>
File: popopopo.png (617KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
popopopo.png
617KB, 1280x720px
>>39332054
Yes for 2 reasons.
First is that Light is a pretty entertaining character when hes being evil, i feel like when he gives the deathnote away for a while, the show lost a bit of what made it great.
Second, he is somewhat relatable. You can see where hes coming from, why he does the things he does, and how the deathnote corrupts him more and more making him stray from his original goal.
>>
File: 1494857825103.png (118KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1494857825103.png
118KB, 404x404px
>>39335301
I don't remember that happening in the animu
>>
Yes I was rooting for him, simply because he was the main character but he definitely deserved to die.
>>
File: 3.png (62KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 300x433px
>>39332054
Not particularly. As is the case with most tragic heroes Light is the case where a character is clearly fatigued towards the closure of the series and so gradually becomes histrionic where once subtle and desultory as opposed to attentive. I'm sure a lot of us could almost feel Light trying to give himself away simply for the sake of challenge and relieving the boredom of being at that point unstoppable. There were many instances where Light could have pulled out or successfully covered his tracks with little effort though he clearly would not have been satisfied by doing so, as if his demise was the one thing he was looking forward to. For that reason I was unable to root for him after L's death where it was made clearly obvious that he had nothing else to gain and, having succeeded in his plans, nothing significant to lose. I'll admit that this in turn made the series tiring after such event where the characters introduced afterwords felt like conceited replacements and Light seemed to lose half of his IQ in less then a fort-night.

>>39334391
This essentially.
>>
>>39332054
well he is a human so he did
>>
>>39332202
Death Note is pleb tier
>>
>>39332417
This
Matsuda is /our guy/
>>
>>39334673
All humans will, without exeption, eventually die. After they die, the place they go is MU (nothingness), so no The Unnamed Shinigami is not light stop with this childish theory
>>
>>39332054
I just finished watching this and was disappointed he lost.
>>
>>39340665
Read the Manga you will be more disappointed, he looks like a faggot in the end
>>
>>39332054
I was rooting for L pretty much the entire show even though I wanted to see what Light would do next. Light's philosophy was way too black and white and I don't think someone who openly admits that they've damned their own soul should be the god of any world.

A "utopia" ruled by fear is hell in disguise.
>>
>>39338594
>>39335301
Light freaks the fuck out in the anime too, anyone would tbqh.
>>
>>39332054

No. Punishing convicted criminals is fucking pointless. He gave himself a false sense of helping people while he was really a narcissist with god complex who lowkey wanted people to bow before him. His intellect was also clouded by his impulsive behavior. Remember when "L" went up on TV in the beginning of the series? Light got batshit angry and killed him although it was pretty damn obvious it was a trap. Also killing law enforcement was a shady idea, and it got his reputation down.

Ryuk is by far a very sane character. Near has Superior intellect yes but he cares too much.
>>
>>39332054
I was rooting for him until about the second half where he did some selfish shit and chose people who were equally as bad. The guy standing up to Kira shouldn't have been killed, for example. Even at the start, he shouldn't have killed that guy who was pretending to be L. He was fine but made some bad decisions along the way.
>>
>>39332054
Near winning was the biggest disappointment for me.
Even though he did become kind of an asshole, i wanted him to win.
Light did nothing wrong.
>>
Of course I was for him, L was cringe-worthy and so were the people who came after him.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.