[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What scientific advancements do you hope for in your lifetime?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16

File: 07930769467.gif (36KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
07930769467.gif
36KB, 400x299px
What scientific advancements do you hope for in your lifetime?
>>
Girls with dicks should be made
>>
>>39318793
Someone proves that communism cannot work then makes a retrovirus that can be genetically keyed to holding political office.
>>
>>39318793
Mandatory giant futa hyperdicks
>>
>>39318832
>Someone proves that communism cannot work
Communism is inevitable post-scarcity
>>
File: 536ada98843e80061ddb654ffd840162.jpg (404KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
536ada98843e80061ddb654ffd840162.jpg
404KB, 1125x1500px
>>39318793
Robowaifus in mass production pls
>>
>>39318871
Explain why central planning would be more efficient than a price driven system of exchange.
I thought the great draw of communism was to vanquish the poverty of the exploited worker.
Where is the exploited worker in a post scarcity environment.
>>
>>39318793
Build an interdimensional portal gun and go on adventures with my naive grandson.
>>
>>39318892
>Explain why central planning would be more efficient than a price driven system of exchange.
assuming that resources are limitless and you are unlucky to be born with nothing. What would you do? Your labour would be worthless.
Let's add that AI has been developed. Now even your intelligence would be worthless

You would literally be worth less than shit and starve in a potential paradise with your "price-driven" system
>>
>>39318991
How can I starve when I can produce my own food?
If I can't work in exchange for food, then logically that means food is so abundant that it has next to no value right?
Doesn't that mean I can't really starve?
>>
>>39318892
Key of communism is to eliminate destructive, inhuman desires of the market and get rid of the system that causes the alienation of the worker, not achieve maximum efficiency, which is almost contrary to aforementioned points. Elimination of poverty is also not central to communism, but an elimination of hierarchy that can cause poverty and suffering is among the most important aspects of communism. It's really a surface-level knowledge, but a dumbass like you just gotta pretend he got it all figured out.
>>
>>39319048
No, because all the machines and land used to produce is owned by individuals. You have no value to which these individuals will trade these resources
>>
>>39319078
If it doesn't eliminate poverty why the fuck would anyone advocate this sick joke of an ideology.
>>
Reverse aging and a solution to balding that doesn't induce ed
>>
Cybernetic brain augmentation
>>
>>39319105
But food grows on trees.
In a post scarcity environment, raw resources are abundant to the point of absurd surplus, and are thus worthless. Value comes from performing work on materials.

If humans can subsist on raw materials, they can't really starve in a post scarcity situation. You can make the same arguments with regards to land etc.
Unworked land, unworked materials, are all abundant. It's possible to immediately claim an unoccupied area and feed oneself.
>>
File: bender-e1432917460469.png (162KB, 568x428px) Image search: [Google]
bender-e1432917460469.png
162KB, 568x428px
>>39318793
The suicide booth
>>
>>39319112
Elimination of poverty is subsequent to communism, but not a necessary requirement as some put it.
>>
>>39319154
But capitalism also eliminates poverty, and it's a direct consequence of the drive to seek increased productivity
>>
>>39319154
*Presence of poverty is not a necessary requirement
>>
>>39318793
Advancements which allow a post-scarcity society.
>>
>>39319167
But there are still people in struggle and regardless of how much wealth society produces, there always will be those lagging behind due to inherent imperfections of capitalism when it comes to allocation of produced wealth.
>>
>>39319199
>Advancements which allow a post-scarcity society.
They already exist. You just can't have 'post-scarcity' with 10 billion humans on the planet.
>>
Perfect green technology. Despite what Climate deniers think. Fossil Fuels isn't a renewable resource. We need to create an alternative resource.
>>
I'd love for cyber-eyes. Sort of like augmented vision in Deus Ex. My vision is so poor and only gets worse and I have such high pressure in my eyes that I bet I'll have glaucoma within a decade or two.
I'd like for it to be perfect 20/20 vision of course. With extra features, like being able to see in the dark, and being able to zoom in like binoculars, maybe being able to see heat. Even better if I could turn those settings off and on.

I worry, though, because with such technology, the government would probably be spying through my eyes.
>>
>>39319259
They are if we develop time-travel. Then we can go back into the past and mine all the coal while it's still around.

There was actually a tv series about this.
>>
>>39319150
I came to post this.
>>
>>39319149
Ok, you seeming want to nitpick everything

Those with certain resources that were developed such as AI and miraculous inventions have access to limitless resources except maybe for land

You were not born with these resources so you have no access to limitless resources

In your "price driven" system you would just starve
With communism everyone would prosper
>>
>>39319234
There will always be inequality because humans are not created equal, we are all a large collection of genetic dicerolls.
What we must ensure is that productivity continues to increase.
If productivity keeps increasing, more and more people will be able to afford goods, as the value of goods falls.
>>
>>39319308
>What we must ensure is that productivity continues to increase.
That puts a large strain on the environment.
>>
>>39319301
This is a very contrived form of post scarcity you've invented where somehow land is scarce and presumably so is food, scarce enough that it isn't worthless.

I'm sorry if this seems like nitpicking, but I have to explore arguments for inconsistencies.
>>
>>39319316
Yes and this is helpful.
Because at that point, efficiency becomes important.
If you can catch a fish and use the entire fish for useful products, you'll produce more value than a less efficient fisher.

So competition drives not only productivity, but efficiency.
>>
>>39318832
Communism does work but only on a very small scale. Like when you live in a house with several people you technically have your own small communist community because you all share things with one another including the house itself.
>>
>>39318805
>>39318832
>>39319122
Only valid responses
>>
>>39319355
>contrived
I made the false assumption that you would understand that "post-scarcity" referred to scientific advancements allowing the production of limitless resources, not some utopian fantasy where fudge cakes grow on trees

my mistake
>>
>>39319377
Yes but this could easily be viewed as a set of informal agreements regarding the use of personal property. It doesn't need to adopt the communist label.
>>
>>39319376
The more you increase productivty, the greater the strain.
>>
>>39319408
Unless I'm mistaken apples do grow on trees. You may have to work in exchange for a fudge cake, but starvation is impossible.
>>
>>39319308
Inequality can only exist if conditions allow it. Otherwise, a tribalist mayhem can be justified by proclaiming a natural status of an unequal society. And why would maximum productivity come at expense of human welfare. If current level of development allows for shorter working days, better working conditions, free housing, healthcare and education, why we must maintain a waste of productive power on luxury and useless burger flipping techniques?
>>
>>39318793
Full Body Holos
>>
File: IMG_0570.jpg (53KB, 639x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0570.jpg
53KB, 639x357px
i hope to see genetically engineered catgirls in the future
>>
>>39319426
Then people begin the search for alternative technologies.
Do you think electric lighting was just a random idea or was it a consequence of the massive strain caused by operating large networks of oil lamps?
>>
>>39318871
So we only have to have unlimited resources for comunism to work?
>>
>>39319460
Why would the do that? The strain isn't affecting them specifically. People don't think twice about the effect they have on the enviroment. They only think in terms on their economy.
>>
>>39319442
>Inequality can only exist if conditions allow it.
The human condition allows it. We are all created with different levels of aptitude. We are all unevenly humbled by our own mortality.

Luxuries exist for one simple reason. People demand them and will part with value to obtain them.
>>
Total fantasy is FTL
More realistic is slowing, or even stopping the aging process
>>
>>39319483
Because if you can supply something more efficiently than a competitor, you're awarded with their market share.

Efficiency is economy.
Efficiency spares the environment.
>>
>>39318793
Genetically engineered ownable domestic cat girls
>>
>Full dive vr
>Consciousness uploading and downloading
>Transfer of consciousness between bodies and machines/computers
>custom complete grown bodies to download consciousness into

First commercial consciousness uploading is estimated to be around 2080 something, once the uploading is figured out then immortality is pretty much achieved, I just gotta live into my early 90s to be in with a chance for it, but I can easily live to 2050-2070, by which time life expectancy should have increased and maybe crispr is mainstream allowing lengthening of lifspan considerably

I think people alive to day stand a good chance at never dying from old age again or natural causes
>>
Nuclear fusion to prevent us from killing our one planet
>>
>>39319504
How does efficiency spare the environment? It doesn't decrease the demand.
>>
VR on the level of something like Sword Art Online so I can fuck all the 2D waifus, video game waifus, and anything else that I want in a hyper realistic feeling/setting

I mean I guess playing a video game like that would be cool too but I mainly want it to fuck waifus
>>
>>39318941
Wubalubadubudub Xddd
>>
>>39318793
Advancment in 3D printing. I would love to 3d print C96 one day.
>>
>>39319578
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
>>39319579
The gun?
>>
>>39319246
You cant have it with 1 billion either
>>
>>39319535
It meets the demand using fewer resources.
>>
>>39319610
You are probably right about that. 1 billion is better than 10 billion still.
>>
>>39319623
In theory yes, but the economy never shrinks, so the resources spared are just being used somewhere else, which actually increases the overall production.
>>
>>39319519
It is said that the first human to live 1000+ years is alive right now. Also full dive vr or advanced ar would be really cool.
>>
>>39319589
Hahaha epic only us smart people will understand xdd
>>
>>39319650
Great, so you get more productivity with the same amount of resources. That's the same thing.
>>
>>39319679
That's more of a strain on the environment also.
>>
>>39319624
Maybe we could have around 4 - 5 billion.
But always quality over quantity. How will we achieve that without childbirth policies and eugenics?
>>
>>39319461
yep. practically unlimited resources, and also a near omniscient central planner (super intelligent AI)
communism doesn't work otherwise. karl marx should have made it clear his vision was futurism more than anything - it's much too early for communism
>>
>>39319688
As much as eugenics is nice in theory, that would require enough trust in the government to allow them to control the evolution of the human race, and given how hopelessly incompetent they are I don't think I'd ever trust them enough
>>
>>39319682
Right, but that's again going to drive more seeking of efficient means of production.
It's a feedback loop controlled by the capacity of the environment and efficiency of production.
>>
>>39318793

I hope that they find a way to increase penis size so I can fulfil my dream of sucking my own 10 inch cock.
>>
>>39319712
It's already happening really.
Do you think downs syndrome will exist in the future if people are allowed to abort every fetus with downs?
What if they're allowed to edit out the carrier?
>>
>>39319715
No it doesn't. Mercury in the ocean doesn't interefere with profit. Only profit determines industry decisions. You can't just put everything into the hands of profit, it will be the ruin of everyone.
>>
>>39319701
Yeah, once robots are advanced enough that they are humanlike, can create and maintain themselves, that's when everything will be free, the robots will create the power they need and create themselves and create stuff we want/need, no humans will need to do anything thus eliminating the need to pay people for working, as long as they aren't sentient/conciouous like us then they don't need paying, people who say it is wrong can shut up as they won't be able to feel or even recognise they are robots, just highly advanced programming
>>
>>39319712
Eugenics are bad because good genes are subjective, not diseases and stuff, but height, ethnicity, intelligence etc. Maybe the government could pay individuals to get sterilized voluntarily? Like that woman that pays meth head women to get sterilized (people still criticise her baka)
>>
>>39319688
De-incentivise child-birth. You can never ensure something without regulations, though. Some people have kids even when they are living in total squalor and complete poverty. Some people don't plan ahead.
>>
>>39319733
That's not eugenics, at least not in the traditional case, the aborted down syndrome baby still came about through a natural relationship randomly. Eugenics would imply that you'd chose the partners before hand based off of their genetics. The two partners might not even know each other in that case
>>
>>39319769
Eugenics is a very broad term. Encouraging the use of birth-control is a form of eugenics.
>>
File: 1437253831527.png (48KB, 181x286px) Image search: [Google]
1437253831527.png
48KB, 181x286px
Full cyborg bodies and medication against all brain degradation for immortality, highly advanced 3d printers so those cyborg bodies and many other things are affordable, an orbital ring or space elevators for cheap space travel, and self-sustaining space habitats so we aren't so dependent on one planet.
>>
>>39319752
But some poor people work hard manual labour jobs to pay their kids' tution fees so that they can ensure a good future for their kids, seen in lots of 3rd world countries. The problem in 1st world countries is that the middle income kids are usually better in school and are more interested because they want to emulate their parent or other role models. But kids in poverty look up to the neighborhood drug dealer or gangster who drive mercedes benzes.
>>
>>39319750
There are definitely good and bad genes, sickle cell could be almost eliminated in a single generation if you were to mix ethnicities, schizophrenia could take a massive hit since there's a large genetic component, a lot of cancer risks could be bred out, etc. There are a lot of benefits to eugenics in theory, there's just no practical way to apply it without stepping all over fundamental human rights
>>39319784
Not THAT general, the basic definition is that it's practices that aim to improve the genetic quality of a group of individuals, so while you could loosely define birth control as a form of eugenics, it only counts if you're encouraging those with bad genetics not to breed via use of birth control
>>
File: 1502699994503-1.png (502KB, 500x975px) Image search: [Google]
1502699994503-1.png
502KB, 500x975px
Monster girls become real
>>
>>39319815
Encouraging birth-control is going to lower the amount of unplanned pregnancies. Unplanned pregnancies happen more often in specific segments of the population. By encouraging birth-control you are thus lowering the birth-rate for that segment.
>>
>>39319811
We can hop that once 3rd world countries become sufficiently developed, the birth-rates are going to drop. There is no guarantee, however.
>>
>>39319740
It actually does, the reason all that mercury is in the ocean is because of inefficient chemical processes.
Someone who invents a way to recycle mercury will make a lot of money and prevent further mercury dumps.

A system that doesn't seek to optimise like a communist means based production system has no incentive to be efficient.
>>
>>39319842
But that doesn't imply that you're improving the general genetic make-up, poor people are capable of having good genetics and rich people are capable of having bad genetics
>>
>>39319875
They will only do that if it is profitable for them.Without the regulations already place, the damage done to the environment would be even greater. A communist system may be inefficient, but the Western world has done far greater damage to the environment in the last century than the countries of the former communist bloc, simply because they were more efficient.
>>
>>39319868
They will drop, gulf countries have very low birth rates, statistics are skewed because of immigrant pajeets, but arabs dont splurt out more than 2-3 kids.
>>
>>39319879
There is no such thing as good or bad genetics. It is a matter of opinion. The average intelligence is however, higher in the richer segments of the population.
>>
File: hg.gif (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
hg.gif
67KB, 230x230px
>a highly specialized biological weapon that only kills non-whites
>an actual cure for male pattern baldness
>hyperintelligent dogs that can communicate with humans through very technical interpretive dance
>a way to keep beer and other carbonated beverages from going flat so quickly
>a machine that will perfectly iron, fold, hang or otherwise store my clothes without me having to do it
>Hitler's descendants get their genomes sequenced, and through extensive engineering and reproductive technologies we can make (almost) clones of Hitler for keks. I know i would buy/adpot a Hitler-baby
>>
>>39319945
There very much good and bad genetics, I can name a few dozen genetic disorders, plus some people have considerably higher genetic risks for some diseases and cancers, those I'd define as very bad genes. On the inverse, genetic makeups which lead to people being genetically healthy are inherently good genes
>>
I want the virtual reality "give up" machine

I have given up. let me plug myself in forever.
>>
>>39319915
I don't know how I can explain it any simpler.
You need to use mercury in a product ok.
And at the end, you throw some into the ocean.
What if you could save the mercury and reuse it, instead of throwing it into the ocean. Mercury isn't free, it costs money.

Doesn't this save money and increase profits?

Am I getting through to you at all?
>>
>>39319945
>There is no such thing as good or bad genetics
spoken like a true untermensch
>>
>>39319977
Gtfo underagefag
>>
File: 1941.png (293KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1941.png
293KB, 480x480px
Cheap happy pills for public market without significant withdraw or health harm effects
>>
>>39319985
What if you get cucked in vr?
>>
>>39319979
It is just your opinion. Even the concept of health is not completely two-dimensional. You can have a 'beneficial trait' be sacrificed for another 'beneficial trait'.
>>
File: ritsu46.jpg (36KB, 342x456px) Image search: [Google]
ritsu46.jpg
36KB, 342x456px
>>39319996
im 33 years young, my sweet dear child
>>
File: 1796.jpg (36KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
1796.jpg
36KB, 600x429px
>>39319987
We are all created equal
>>
>>39320014
Manchild then, no sane person talks like an edgy 12 year old lel.
>>
>>39319986
>what is industrial waste?
It is not so simple as simply recycling. What if the process of recycling is more expensive to the industry than simply discarding it? What then? You simply hope for a better technology to be developed?
>>
>>39318793
I'm working on a bioprinter for complex tissue engineering so if I can get it to work I'll be set.
>>
>>39320038
Go to the hollars of Kentucky. Then post that.
>>
>>39319987
The African is better than the European at surviving in the wilds of Africa.
>>
>>39320063
Is that why they are still starving in huge numbers, have insane numbers of AIDS cases and spread HIV like wildfire? They must be surviving really well, you know, raping their children because a witch doctor told them it cures malaria and/or using them as soldiers to fight ethnic wars over who gets to use which river to shit in?
Or how about that malaria? It totally kills way more white people, huh?
How much money, time and resources does Africa suck from the rest of the world? And why after all the airlifts of supplies, it still looks like a fucking shithole because Africans have such little access to education that they can't figure out that boiling the filthy water they just collected from the gutter may keep them from dying of dysentery today?
As far as I can tell, the only successful people in Africa are white or Chinese.
>>
>>39320046
Then what you've discovered is a gap in the market for a clever chemist.

Do you know what John d Rockefeller did? Look it up.
Find a way to recycle industrial waste efficiently and you could be the next Rockefeller.

Or we can wait for mercury to be exhausted to the point that it becomes feasible to recycle it with current methods, but then you're behind the market.
>>
>>39320198
Or you could just force companies to pay for expensive recycling methods / use a more expensive but safer alternative. Instead of relying on a hypothetical solution that may never arive.
>>
>>39320166
If the current trends continue, Africans will be far more successful than Europeans on a gloal scale. Long term planning may be a beneficial trait when surviving the Winter, but when it prevents you from having children causing your ethnic displacement, is it still beneficial?
>>
>>39320225
The market gets what it demands.
If public awareness was raised these miracles do happen.

I imagine you remember the hole in the ozone layer caused by CFCs
No one talks about it anymore because it was completely reversed by methods you've pointed out
>>
File: 49er pepe 11.png (147KB, 454x503px) Image search: [Google]
49er pepe 11.png
147KB, 454x503px
Cartage regeneration for knees and hips
t.bad knees in early 20s no late 20s and it's gotten worse
>>
>>39320287
Companies didn't stop putting lead in fuel because it was more profitable. They only stopped when they were forced to. It wasn't the market that demanded anything, it was the elected government.
>>
>>39320005
Why are normies obsessed with suicide nowadays? Its so popular to wanna kill yourself..
>>
>>39320306
Who controls government in a democracy?
>>
>>39320225
>you could just force companies to pay for expensive recycling methods
Why do you think probably 80% of the objects around you are made in China? Its because China doesn't give a fuck about industrial pollution if it's providing their country and economic boon. Large manufacturers don't do business in the United States precisely because US law forces them to develop/buy/use expensive green technologies (which cuts in profit) or the EPA/DoL/OSHA fines them millions (which cuts in profit.)
>>
>>39320320
Public opinion. Who controls the public opinion is a different question. If the oligarchs could see past their own nose-tips they would work to reduce pollution. It's kinda hard to be benevolent when being benevolent causes you to outcompeted by ruthless people though.
>>
>>39320320
the je-i mean the money. tomato tomato
>>
>>39320342
>China doesn't give a fuck about industrial pollution if it's providing their country and economic boon.
And who has to suffer for that? The Chinese do. They have never even heard of a blue sky in China. You want that to happen to America aswell?
>>
>>39320298
>Cartage regeneration
Oy vey, why would medical companies ever fund this when they can make you pay thousands of dollars for a metal/metal joint replacement every 5 to 7 years for the rest of your life?
>>
File: 1546814016137.jpg (28KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1546814016137.jpg
28KB, 399x400px
>>39320005
>>39320038
Got to laugh at how pathetic these guys are. One second they're on their keyboard typing nigger every chance they get, the next they're crying as they edge closer to suicide

hurry up and do it faggot
>>
>>39320347
Then maybe what we need is for a free market of education.
So competition improves productivity.
And so that we don't leave it in the hands of the government.
>>
File: 49er pepe 10.png (373KB, 643x485px) Image search: [Google]
49er pepe 10.png
373KB, 643x485px
>>39320375
uprising against the rich when?
>>
>>39320474
You are still just touting the party line, the magical free market will solve everything.
All these problems could be solved if we were just reasonable about it. Which means looking past simplistic dogma that you just want to be true.
>>
>>39320540
It's simplistic because it really is that simple. It's the most reasonable solution to the widest range of problems.
No one can refute free market economics improving productivity.
>>
Moving my conscious into a simulation in order to gain some sort of immortality.
>>
>>39320591
Increased productivity is not a good thing when it comes at the expense of the environment. I can do with less stuff, if it also means less pollution.
>>
>>39320657
Then if more people like you agree to consume less, demand falls and production shifts to more profitable areas.
It's irrefutable.
Everybody gets what they want, and cheap. You can want anything.
>>
>>39318793
people who post gifs that are not gifs should be killed

in a scientific way ofc
>>
>>39320693
Sometimes the situation requires more than just voting with your wallet.
>>
File: get a load of this goy.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this goy.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>39318793
>What scientific advancements do you hope for in your lifetime?

None.
You know why?

Because no more decent advancements will be made to further humanity's progress. Even if any advancements will be made, they will be made only to get more money from people.
>>
>>39320787
You know that building a space elevator or developing reliable nuclear fusion would be primarily profit-driven but also be very helpful to the advancement of humanity?
remember the printing press? great stuff, right? Gutenberg didnt invent it to further humanity, he did it because if he could print books in days rather than spend years handwriting shit, he could sell more books. It just had the side effect of improving literacy and even more indirectly led to many other significant scientific advances
>>
Widely available biological immortality retrovirus.
As long as that's achieved, anything else is inevitable.
>>
>>39320888
And they wouldn't put that money towards creating better, more convincing advertising or creating a new flavour of coca cola or fashion?

we're living in an age where most people are already literate and rate of most scientific advancements and discoveries are slowing down.
>>
>>39319259
>Fossil Fuels isn't a renewable resource
How the fuck do you think it got here in the first place retard?
>>
>>39320403
nigger
Theres more then one person on 4chan nigger.
>>
>>39321617
God emptied his celestial shitjug into the earth and let is stew for a couple million years?
>>
Synthetic augmentations, would be sweet to see what humanity can become if we work out few kinks with the help of cybernetic implants and genetic alteration
Who knows it might improve our intellect to the point where we figure out how to live without killing each other over bullshit, we might even be able to prevent and cure mental illnesses by removing memories that cause them or augmenting brain to cope with inefficient functionality
>>
>>39321732
>God emptied his celestial shitjug
I wonder what his piss bottles are on this earth.
Can we use them?
>>
>>39318891
I second this, minus the mass production.
I want customization of features down to extreme detail.
>>
I want nothing more than fully immersive VR.
Plug me into the matrix.
>>
File: sad butt tru.jpg (47KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
sad butt tru.jpg
47KB, 600x402px
extended life times

i'm thinking of you guys really, not for me - cos i'm going to heaven

but you guys aren't, so it's better you live a bit longer
>>
>>39322028
I spoke to God the other day, and we agreed on sending you to Hell for eternity. You shouldn't have done that thing you did, and now you'll have forever to regret it.
>>
Flying cars but i don't think it'll happen. Maybe if they were based on upscaled drone tech? I think vertical takeoff and land is essential for flying cars to be feasible.
>>
immortality

simulated reality

brain transplants/digitized brains
>>
>>39322028
I'm still working on those missiles that can kill god, don't you lose hope for us just yet.
>>
>the use of targeted viruses for gene therapy
>advancements in CRISPR/gene-splicing/all that shit
>the ability to identify cancer cells by attaching bioluminescent proteins to tumor antigens
>the ability to 3D-print human body parts
>earlier detection of cancer
>the ability to make sperm and eggs out of other cells
>a cure for HIV or at least progress in defeating it
>the ability to make bacteria do our bidding
>advancements in surgery and new procedures altogether
>better chemotherapy and radiation therapy
>actual cures for some cancers, and survival rates going up and up
>something new in space travel
>some badass new aircraft
>the ability to manufacture blood
>better drugs
>better understanding of biology, chemistry, and physics
>Gaia hypothesis actually pans out
>>
>>39320298
Maybe some kind of crazy angiogenesis serum or a way to just make more cartilage?
>>
>>39320310
I think it caught on when 4chan memes started to become popular with the public. They took what we considered funny out of acceptance of our own suffering and turned it into an actual joke.
>>
Full immersive computer simulation complete with stimulation of all bodily senses and temporary memory wipe
>>
Accesible cures for all kinds back problems
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.