[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting Cold-Turkey

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: SoKillMe.jpg (15KB, 223x280px) Image search: [Google]
SoKillMe.jpg
15KB, 223x280px
Hey anons, as of two days ago i stopped taking my anti-depressants. The side effects are starting to show up now, anyone have any experience or stories they want to share? Also ama, i cant sleep and feel like shit.
>>
>>39315926
Why would you stop taking them? They're a pretty good thing to take.
>>
>>39315940
they helped me when i was committed in the mental ward and through hard time of my life i was going through. things are better and i don't want to be chemically affected anymore.

theres two sides to quitting A-D (never do it vs it can be done) so im wondering if anyone here has some first hand experience
>>
>>39315926
Get back to taking your medicine, goy.
>>
>>39315964
My friend, things are better BECAUSE you take the meds.
>>
When I stopped taking Effexor, I got phantom sensations and hallucinations. The worst was suddenly the feeling of tons of spiders crawling all over me while in the shower. That one freaked me out bad.
>>
>>39315926
No. You take your antidepressants until they run out, then you go to your pharmacist. Rinse and repeat.

>Studied clinical psych for a year

people take antidepressants
>lifegettsbetter.png
stop taking antidepressants

Most common cause of depression relapse.

OP, chemicals control us more than normies are willing to admit. Our hobbies and habits are just dopamine arcs in the brain, sex identity is caused by 4-5 different hormones. Serotonin makes the bad feels go away.

So stick to your SSRI timetable, otherwise you'll be just as fucked as when you started.

SSRIs aren't a drug, they don't do any harm, and they aren't addictive by themselves.

Please OP, don't let the depression happen again
>>
>>39315993
point taken. but when would be the time to stop taking them? i dont want to be on a pill forever

>>39316008
i was on 20 mg of Cipralex for about 2-3 months so im not as in deep as some would be. but im feeling dizzy now for sure. i was actually just about to take a shower ha
>>
>>39316032
If the pills make your life feel like not shit, take the fucking pills.
>>
File: raporwave.jpg (101KB, 644x819px) Image search: [Google]
raporwave.jpg
101KB, 644x819px
>>39316032
Anon, you will relapse. Just look up the rates.
>>
>>39316032

Go tell the doctor you want to come off them. They can really fuck you up in the head with crazy withdrawal effects so you want to be careful and listen to them.
>>
>>39316032

Holy shit are you me anon? Stopped recently too. I'm getting weird shocks in muscles especially when I move, not sure if it's related
>>
>>39316054
good goy
orginle
>>
>>39316022
thanks a lot for your reply, im going to get this sorted tomorrow.
>>39316054
>>39316071
>>39316075
thanks anons. fuck this withdrawal shit. it was an impulsive descision
>>39316076
did you stop on your own account or with your docs approval? how long on the pills? that sucks
>>
Taper off the stuff slowly for a period of a month.
You will experience nightmares and increased anxiety during the process and for a bit afterward.

The way you are going is not safe. It can cause an episode of psychosis and get you sent to a mental ward.
>>
>>39315926
You don't quit cold turkey, you taper until you don't get withdrawals any more.

Don't listen to the Jews ITT; if SSRIs didn't help you it's because you didn't have neurotransmitter imbalances to begin with. If you keep taking the cerebral Jew you soon will have, though.
>>
I quit cold turkey on several different anti-depressants that I took for close to a year and I didn't notice any kind of side effect or anything at all.
Either they didn't work on me in the first place, or I am one of the few lucky ones who don't get any withdrawal symptoms.
>>
>>39315926
Go back on them anon.
My worst depressive downfalls have been 2 months after I get off my antidepressants
It will feel bad man
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.