/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oilfield robots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0129.jpg (30KB, 334x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
30KB, 334x221px
any other robots work in the oilfield? how are you holding up?

i'm currently working in far west texas on a stimulation crew(frac). the hours fucking suck, my crew is full of turbo normies that i'm forced to interact with, but the money is crazy. seriously thinking about just getting a janitor job or something.
>>
>>39311993
I want to work in an oilfield, sounds like good hard work that isn't too terrible that gives you good money

are the normies really that bad though? like college campus bad?
>>
>>39312023
it's pretty bad most of the time, but not always. most guys out here are family people so they just consume lots of mainstream normie stuff. lots of west texas companies are hiring with little to no experience. be warned: the hours and schedules are insane
>>
i guess i have to question what OP's definition of crazy money is.

my understanding is that the oil industry is currently in the shitter. i actually tried to get a job in the resource extraction segment of my own industry (satellite communication) and i was told that it's a really bad time right now because of the depressed natural resources segment

so are you talking like pleb tier $15/hour or do you mean legit high pay?
>>
File: 4L_ukjmitdy.jpg (28KB, 600x521px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ukjmitdy.jpg
28KB, 600x521px
>>39312507
>be warned: the hours and schedules are insane
>implying I have anything better to fucking do

I'd rather work my ass off to be able to buy all the shit I want. Maybe get a decent PC rig. Or a nice truck.

Got any company names or links to apply?
>>
>>39312023
Oil fields are extremely hit and miss anon. OSHA would have a stroke if it saw half the shit that happens on some of them.
>>
>>39312606
i'm not OP but i am gainfully employed

so just a word of advice: you're wasting your time applying solely online without having some sort of conversation, irl or on the phone, by just sending an online application

that's the weakest way to try for a job and your odds of being ignored are very high
>>
>>39311993
Midland/Odessa? I live here too. I banged the wife of a frac engineer! I also raw dogged two chunky girls
>>
>>39312606
Literally just google it dude ffs
>>
>>39312681
I'll keep that in mind. Just needed some help in the right direction. Thanks.

>>39312760
I don't even know where to look for when it comes to reputable companies. That's why I asked someone who is actually in the business already.
>>
>>39312871
Just get a fuckin job
>>
>>39313240
I have a job but who the fuck doesn't want a better paying job.
>>
>>39312575
>so are you talking like pleb tier $15/hour or do you mean legit high pay?

right now i'm making $21, working about 110 hours per week and my company pays for all housing and feeds us out on location. not too shabby. the most i've ever made is about $140,000 in a little less than a year. west texas/new mexico is booming right now, but i dont lnow for how long. i dont have kids or a wife so it's just me. booms and depressions dont really effect me.

>>39312606
yeah, just check indeed, monster or craigslist or whatever for oil and gas jobs out in west and south texas, north dakota, wyoming and pennsylvania. universal pressure pumping and pro petro out in midland arw hiring people with no experience.
>>
>>39312736
yes, Midland. first time out here and Midland fucking sucks, but there a few cool things about it.
>>
I'm obese and not very fit. Will they take summer workers? I used to lift so heavy lifting isn't a problem it's just the endurance. Used to be a carpenters helper. Trying to go back to school. But I'd love to make bank...
>>
I am a pipefitter in the alberta energy sector

I made a little under 120 last year and was fucking chapped.

The hours are long but our safety standards are above and beyond any in the world.

My favorite expression in the industry is "put on your croutons boots and soak up the gravy"
>>
>>39313564
Canadian oil is fucked right now
>>
>>39313564
I have always wanted to visit Canada. I got to work for a canadian oilfield company for a bit here in texas. the canadian guys were always way more safety minded than the typical texas roughneck.

>>39313456
depends. as long as you can pass a physical/drug screen you should be good. most guys out here are overweight to obese anyways. it's not hard work, just long ass hours.
>>
>>39313652
Yea but it still pays my bills

The energy sector in alberta as a whole is picking up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.