[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who's been to Antarctica anything. I've also

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: happy-holidays-from-polar.png (784KB, 603x882px) Image search: [Google]
happy-holidays-from-polar.png
784KB, 603x882px
Ask a guy who's been to Antarctica anything. I've also sailed to other cool places too.
>>
>>39311626
>Ask a guy who's been to Antarctica anything. I've also sailed to other cool places too.
what's your job? how do I get into this?
>>
>>39311629
Us coast guard and all ya gotta go is pass boot camp and get lucky. we got two polar rollers right now, mines in dry dock. I'm a non rate on polar star deck force so i steer the ship, lookout, special sea, chill with penguins. Its all luck of the draw getting put in ice breakers but the good news is were building a ton of new ones soon. First new one will launch 2020 so that means more billets for ice breakers.
>>
>>39311712
>the good news is were building a ton of new ones soon. First new one will launch 2020 so that means more billets for ice breakers.
what company is building them, can you post a link?
>>
>>39311739
the navy is funding it I know the have like a 50 mil contract but I can't remember where that is. Here's another link though http://breakingdefense.com/2017/08/us-yards-can-build-icebreaker-for-under-1b-zukunft/ Russia has 50 ice breakers we have 2... why else do you think we'd be funding this. If we don't start busting more ice Russia will control the trade routes and make money off the northwest passage. Its always about money
>>
does Antarctica have wifi?
>>
>>39311841
do you think there's going to be any nuclear icebreakers developed in the United States? Russia has nuclear icebreakers
>>
why are you there? are penguins potential terrorists?
>>
>>39311626
Does the Coast Guard currently pretty much just go to Antarctica to help with logistics of getting researchers down there or is there any military presence in Antarctica for some reason?
>>
OP.

in the movie Brewsters Millions, this guy had an idea to take an iceberg to the middle east.

I had an idea, about grabbing an iceberg, and using it to make bottled water. is there anyone down there that would prevent me from doing shit like that or mining down there
>>
File: KIMG5078.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG5078.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>39311870
No, we coasties don't have the infrastructure for nuke techs. That's a whole rate and engine system plus were only 50,000 active duty.
>>39311863
Well polar star's mission is clearing shipping lanes down south and bringin researchers to Antarctica for looking at ice. Penguins are chill (pun intended) got to stand right next to one. Also what with all the crazy discoveries down there its pretty crazy. But anyway up north its a different story. Bearing sea is a massive commerce area for fishermen as well as the great circle route. The ice breaker "Healy's" job is to break ice up in the Arctic circle and now that the northwestern passage is open ships can save money buy going through it. But they need help from ice breakers. What happens when Russia makes all the money in fishing and ice breaking? We loose money and America doesn't want that so we need icebreakerz to compete against Russia's fleet. I tell ya man next war might be fought up in the Arctic.
>>
>>39311996
Dude, the ice is salty but I mean I don't know how you'd get it
>>
>>39311972
Yes that's alot of it along the way we do star if needed. And well stop in. Aussie world, new Zealand, japan etc. There is a cool base in Antarctica but were the only military presence down there sometimes. So if Nazi aliens attack us, we'll fight em with 50cals and some simple green
>>
What does the coast guard do
>>
>>39312201
Shit man that's one is say Google theres so much stuff. And one could do it all. Counter narco, ice ops, SAR, law enforcement, migrant interdiction, msst, presidential stuff disaster response, it goes on and on
>>
>>39312336
So you like being in the Coast Guard? Would you recommend it?
>>
>>39312407
Oh yeah 10/10 I've had a blast so far. If you'd like I could tell you some sea stories. I've blown up drug boats, crossed lines, sailed 40ft seas, stopped illegals, been to dutch harbor I've done so much in just a fee years. I understand now why the coast guard had the highest rate of reenlistment. And more people doing 20yrs. They also take really good care of you. But BE AWARE getting in is not easy the boot camp is the most mentally challenging boot camp out of all the branches. Marine corps is the most physically challenging. But our job requires a mindset that can handle any situation weather it be boats sinking or chasing terrorists its not a walk in the park and they do a background check. But considering I was a super edgelord robot crazy psycho in HS I'm sue you could make it
>>
>>39312407
BTW that name up there is my kik. That's the only thing I'm willing to share in here.
>>
>>39312336
>migrant interdiction
well you people are shitting the bed with this one
>>
>>39312624
Can't you use literally anything other than kik
>>
File: IMG_0629.png (404KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0629.png
404KB, 750x563px
>>39311626
AMA
Red pill me on the drug trade. Unrelated Do CIA ever ride on your boats?
What is this experiment really for (pic related)?
>>
>>39311626
>AMA
Coke or Pepsi
Pls respond
>>
>>39312648
Actually we do amazing work which is good if the leftists cucks saw the obscene amount of immigrant boats we stop, theyed throw a hissy fit
>>39312657
Fine email me [email protected]
>>39312833
I just finished a drug best at my old unit, over a billion dollars of cocaine taken. You should have scene the flight deck. We were loaded its insane how many boats we got. I've seen weed once not often. Black tar heroine is even more rare and I wish I could have stopped that each drug has its own symbol with an"x" that we put on the bridge of our boat. Kind of like how old bomber planes had the kill counts in the fuselage. We do it with drugs
>>39312757
Coke but only the Mexican kind and Pepsi brand soft drink like mt dew are good. But also cocaine
>>
>>39312757
Also the image you have is above my pay grade I just arrest the drug runners and blow up there boats. Me's and dea agents do all the other work. And that answers your other question yes we work with navy local law enforcement DEA FBI CIA. Its called JIATF joint interdiction agency something or other. If you really want to know the coolest and most underrated job there is in the cg. Look up coast guard Hitron.
>>
File: BustStickers-coke.gif (4KB, 101x100px) Image search: [Google]
BustStickers-coke.gif
4KB, 101x100px
^this is what you get for a coke drug bust
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.