[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of job do you have? What does your work entail? How

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: 1503141444403.jpg (94KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
1503141444403.jpg
94KB, 720x486px
What kind of job do you have? What does your work entail? How much do you work? How's the pay?

Are you happy?

>pic unrelated
>>
State employee
Outside work and office work
A lot
Bachelors salary
Yeah I'm pretty chill
>>
Programmer
Writing software
Less than 40 usually but never more
Pay is ok almost 150
No, because I'm capable of more
>>
>>39306675
This and that for a firm. Number crunching and on the very very rare occasion being flown out somewhere to shake someones hand. 4-5ish hours a day but it doesn't bother me. Pretty damn good.
>>
>dishwasher
>dishwashing and occasional cleaning of tables
>3-4 days per week 6-7 hour shifts
>pay is good but hours are shit and biweekly check system doesn't work well for me
>hell no I can't wait to do something that pays better for less menial labor work
>>
>>39306675
>work 2 days a week at grocery store
>one day is buying, another is overnight baking
>usually wrap up early on both shifts so like 14 hours there
>12.60/hr
Now, my other "job" is this
>errand boy and baker for my mom's business
>driving everywhere constantly, watching her newest spawn, baking with limited supplies and less than desirable workspaces
>probably close to 10 hours a day, spread throughout the day
>200 dollars a week, plus rent and food
I would move out and kill myself but I have debt I don't want to pass on to anyone. I plan on leaving around my birthyin January. Every job I've worked, including for my mom, has made me want to kill myself. I'm not made for this shit
>>
>>39308199
150k a year? That's a lot of money dude. How many years have you been working and do you have any tips for someone that wants to learn programming on the side?
>>
>preschool teacher
>playing with kids (pre-k is glorified daycare outside of some VERY basic instruction)
>a bit under full-time, so like 35/week
>shit
>very, you can say I get paid in fulfillment dollars
>>
>>39306675
>What kind of job do you have?
State attorney working in licensing & administrative law

>What does your work entail?
Administrative litigation and defending appeals in superior and appellate courts. As senior counsel, the majority of my time is spent in the office reviewing and rewriting briefs

>How much do you work?
Standard 40 hours a week, up to 90 when working on active cases with deadlines coming up

>How's the pay?
$96,000. Much lower than what I could be getting in a private firm but still much more than what I ever dreamed I'd be making. The security and benefits kind of make up for it.

>Are you happy?
What a shit question. Neck yourself.
>>
>>39306675
picking orders at a warehouse

Get a list at the start of the day of what boxes to pick and how many, put them on the back of my cart take them to the trucks to be delivered to wherever they need to go. Pretty chill desu
>How much do you work?
I work 4 hours a day 3 days a week but sometimes do 8 hours if I really feel like it
How's the pay?
It's minimum wage but it's cool because I have no bills and live with my parents rent free
>>
>>39308840
Probably longer than some people on this site have been alive.

If you want to get into it, be prepared for putting in long hours just to understand the stuff. You have to learn to think in a step-by-step way, that's the biggest trick, to break things down into the simplest possible components.

A simple question I always ask is "How do you boil an egg, step by step?". A pro-level programmer can break this down into at least 30 steps, if they want to get creative and crazy, you can break it down into hundreds.

That, and always be coding. If you're not typing you're not learning. ABC. A, Always, B, Be, C, Coding.

Get a github account and make a portfolio of projects to show people. If they are good enough, you don't need a degree or anything else. It's literally "if you can snatch the pebble from my hand, grasshopper, you get the job"
>>
clean hotel rooms. most of my co-workers are retarded rednecks

i make 8 an hour.dont like my job
also quite miserable
>>
Analyst.
Looking at spreadsheets. Making spreadsheets. Summarizing spreadsheets.
Usually 40 hours a week, sometimes a few more if overtime is needed.
40k/year, but I'm still hourly which works out to $19.23/hr.
>>
I'm an event organizer. I organize concerts, music festivals, stuff like that in an area encompassing a couple of towns.

Calling people, making deals, talking to people, seeing places.

>How much do you work?
My contract says 40 hours a week but it gets to be a bit more as deadlines draw nearer.

>How's the pay?
Pretty shit, around 30k before taxes, but my costs are low so I do more than fine.

>Are you happy?
I like my job if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>39309425
living the dream anon
trap boipuccis get fucking drenched when they hear that kinda shit
>>
>>39309425
How much into macros are you?
>>
>>39309579
VBA a shit
>>
File: 21.jpg (47KB, 217x211px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
47KB, 217x211px
>>39309615
It gets shit done.

I can summarize hundreds of sheets into a comfy table instead of copy-pasting for hours like a subhuman retard.

It pains me seeing the "data-entry" at my company spending 3 hours to make some shitty graphs when i have done them under 7 minutes with macros
>>
>>39309657
VBA a shit because it only impresses normies and it only proves to be an ego stroke for anyone who only dabbles in "muh macros". Don't turn into a pleb who self-identifies as an Excel expert where you believe VBA to be the answer to your problems when in fact you need to migrate into SQL, RDBMS, crystal reports and learn R. Your 7 minutes a shit when it should be 7 seconds.
>>
>>39309425

What's the full title? That's pretty low for an analyst of anything
>>
File: 1468461043957.jpg (101KB, 1304x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1468461043957.jpg
101KB, 1304x1184px
>>39309727
Nigger, at this shithole we use Excel AS THE FUCKING BACKEND of the inventory system, we do have a "database" but it is a mothefucking 18 year old MDE that can only be accessed through win XP, so the newer computer have to run a fucking VM to open them we have employees walking 300m from one end of the facility to the other to ask for some info that should be easily accessed from their area but our piece of shit IT department has us sharing our files through a LAN SMB Connection.

I am developing my own inventory in Mysql and some little bit of python but seeing that you are quite the experienced individual, do you have any tips or guidelines for a amateur like me who is going deep into this business?
>>
>>39309293
Not the original anon, but I wanted to thank you. Starting my (probably unsuccessful) journey now
>>
>>39309831
Burn your workplace down and find greener pastures.
>>
File: 1442431350640.jpg (51KB, 281x389px) Image search: [Google]
1442431350640.jpg
51KB, 281x389px
>>39309885
>Burn your workplace down and find greener pastures.

A little bit of glycerine could achieve it but i am already in and with the potential of turning it around .
If everything fails i will just infect the network with superaids and feign ignorance, it should work considering we are working on pirated win7 and using avast as the antivirus
>>
I work in the government as a student position.
I'm supposed to be programming but I just dick around all day because they don't give me much work to do, and I'm not one to ask for work when I could get paid for doing nothing.
40hrs atm, but I'm going back to school so it'll cut down to 10-20
Not bad at all, ~CAD$18/hr
At my job? No, because the only other workers are older people who I do not connect with and therefore hardly talk to. In general? No
>>
>>39309884
No problemo, meng. Stick with it but I'd advise not to get too good at it, otherwise you'll be forever in a technical role and not moving up in the world.
>>
File: Mutilating Monkey.jpg (20KB, 349x461px) Image search: [Google]
Mutilating Monkey.jpg
20KB, 349x461px
>>39309973
>I work in the government as a student position.
>I'm supposed to be programming b

What are you supposed to do anon?
>>
>>39309998
I just update/improve on these applications that my boss made. Sometimes I write them too. It's boring stuff like data viewing, and report creation, and interfaces for these things.
There is little to no supervision so I'm not really "motivated" to work.
>>
"mechanic" even though im not one, uncle shows me what to do and i do it or i help him do it

>change air brakes, fix ehaust leaks, oil changes, etc

about 45 hours a week dunno if most people get paid for their lunch hour but i do and get paid 11.50.

work can be very greasy and have heavy parts over 120lbs

yeah im happy, just dont care for how loud some stuff can be especially in the mornings
>>
>>39306675
I'm a midwife. Most of the work is helping out ladies through the process but I do deliveries sometimes. I work quite a bit, always lots of people having babies. The pay isn't half bad, enough to support myself and school. I wouldn't say I'm happy with the job but it's satisfying and I'm content with it.
>>
Industrial process tech. 32-56 hr
>>
File: 1503283164418.jpg (100KB, 750x772px) Image search: [Google]
1503283164418.jpg
100KB, 750x772px
Target stocking team member
Unloading the trucks in the early morning and stocking the product to the salesfloor. Occasionally help out in other areas as needed
>How much do you work?
40 hours a week
>How's the pay?
12.68 an hour
>Are you happy?
With my job? Yes. In general? No.
>>
I quit my job after 8 months as an administrative assistant because I felt unappreciated and there was no room for advancement. Now I can't find work except for minimum wage jobs on Craigslist that ask for bachelor degrees. Considering whether I should just go teach English in China or Southeast Asia.
>>
>>39310759
>teaching english in china or SEA region
Do you know the languages?
>>
>>39310775
Hai English desu.
>>
>>39310775
You don't need to, I know a white guy who teaches English in China but barely speaks Mandarin. He said he applied to teach in Korea too so there are jobs without speaking.
I think they're the fancier school that want full immersion for the kids or international schools or something
>>
>>39310821
They actually want people who don't speak their language. Reasons abound but most state that immersion is the best way to learn and you don't need to know their language for that. knowing madarin for example would have vastly reduced his chances of landing that job.
>>
>>39308719
You can't pass debt to people. That's illegal. They can collect from your estate (your assets, your bank accounts) but they can't collect from relatives, unless the relatives are also party to the debt (as a cosigner).
>>
>>39311060
Depends but there's plenty of circumstances that would lead to it. His mother could have cosigned things like loans or she could have been an authorized user of some credit card or bank account of his.
>>
>>39306675
Tool and die maker, where im at its pretty much just throwing new parts into out dies and modifying shit so it meets the tolerances in the prints. Im schedules 40 hours/5 days a week but the past few months ive been working 60 hour weeks because we have open over time. The pay is pretty decent, $33 CDN hourly; one of the better paying jobs in the area i live in.
>>
File: 1483577935279.jpg (187KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483577935279.jpg
187KB, 1280x800px
>>39306675
Team member at Bojangles
Usually, i work as a front cashier but now since school started and we are even more short staffed, i work in back occasionally.
usually less than 30 hours
8 dollars an hour, decent for low iq work

I don't hate my job but I sure would be eager to find work more suited to me and better pay. its also ten minutes away from my house so it's at least convenient.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.