[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to all /r9k/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1503645638015.gif (296KB, 498x272px) Image search: [Google]
1503645638015.gif
296KB, 498x272px
Is Nihilism the ultimate form of truth?
the truth that humans fear and dont question?
tell me the point of living.
everything we do, say, or help has only 1 goal which is basically increasing the survivality of ourselves. we are slaves to our insticts.
even if ur free from them, ur still enslaved by the big corp around the world, forcing you to work or die on the street. tell me how did we allow this to happen. theres nothing to strive for. nothing to live for.
>>
>>39297760
The point of living is to continue life. You just answered your own question fag
>>
>>39297760
kys you sad fuck meanwhile ill be making money
>>
>>39297760
We're all very smart ants. The problem is that our intelligence gave us the ability to question and try to explain our own existence.
Nihilism is the only rational and empirically correct lens through which to see the world. The alternative is to keep tagging along with every other ant and live a happy life.

Your choice
>>
>>39297801
u cant survive life. u will die eventually and everything u did will be forgotten.

>>39297803
sure, money will help when u die.
>>
File: bigbrain.png (299KB, 680x598px)
bigbrain.png
299KB, 680x598px
shut the fuck up OP you fucking edgy "philosopher"
>>
>>39297817
>The alternative is to keep tagging along with every other ant and live a happy life

you mean the illusion of a happy life. death will get everyone, time doesnt wait for anyone.
>>
>>39297760
The point of nihilism is to make your own reason to keep living, not mope around at the fact that there is no meaning.
>>
>>39297830
>"philosopher"
i dont consider myself that,i cant even write english correctly since english is not my first language. i just want to know how humanity per se can cope with that fact, that everything they are doing is meaningless in this infinite universe.
>>
>>39297836
there's no difference between a happy life and the illusion of one.
>>
>>39297847
whats the point of having a reason, since when ur dead u wont ever know who you were or what happened.

whats the reason to have reason to live.why do humans think there MUST be a reason.
its a flawed concept desu.
>>
>>39297823
if your only life goal is to die, then just kill yourself. whats keeping you still alive?
>>
>>39297858
what you are saying is basically, follow ur insticts. nothing more. ur still enslaved to ur instincts.

theres a difference between having a happy life or a life of a free man.
>>
>>39297885
Whats keeping YOU alive?
is it money?
happiness?
other emotions?

i dont understand how humans can cope with all that. that everything u feel or do is totally meaningless.
>>
>>39297877
The point of having a reason is to motivate yourself to do something with your life. If you're too stupid to do that, and actually do something with your life, you might as well just an hero since you'll be useless anyway.
>>
It's the first step on the path to happiness
>>
>>39297930
is this truly what u want? or is it just the expectations of society and family? its seems weird to me that almost all humanity thinks that way. it almost looks like that we got manipulated into thinking like a slave by birth till now. weird.... motivate to do something hmmm....... like go to school and get a job, am i right? nice slave mentality though.
>>
>>39297992
There's no alternative though. Either you have a purpose, or end up doing nothing and eventually commit suicide. And also, nowhere did I suggest that having a purpose equates going to school and getting a job. I personally have bigger plans, but that's irrelevant.
>>
>>39298054
>bigger plans

tell me about ur plan. conquering the world? or go to university and still do a slave job. so ur now a professional slave, i guess.
>>
When we are young we are full of bigger plans.
Once we get older and realize life is not a movie (for most) we either accept that life is a big joke and 'try to make the best of it' or spiral down into a depression from which you can't go back. Searching for answers and happiness. Most just put on the pink glasses, find a 'soulmate'(or try to find/accept one) and live life as society intended it for them. They say they're happy...but they really ain't.

It's true though. There's nothing out there.
>>
>>39297760
Yes, we're doomed and everything we do is pointless. But there is "constructive nihilism", which was primarily developed by Albert Camus. The best thing I can give is this quote:
>Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV
>>
>>39297760
Nope. It's breddy simple, anon. Here's how it goes

(Void?)->"God"->Withdrawal (Not even a Jew, but they got this bit right http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/gods-withdrawal/)->Everything
We are God - pure Energy, "Love", Light, etc. and exist only through sheer force of Our will to Be. Every possibility exists within infinitely many different universes. This is because in order to be "God" we have to be Everything. It's a bit of a meme, but you are LITERALLY the universe, or the universe is you. Whichever you prefer. That means you are pure energy, which means you are a portion of the original Ein Sof.

Unfortunately a Leddit link, but it's a quote by Alan Watts https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut/comments/3t6sei/life_is_god_playing_hide_and_seek_with_himself/
Also good to read http://www.thewayofmeditation.com.au/blog/we-are-all-god-playing-hide-and-seek/
>>
File: 1487290121900.jpg (471KB, 1844x1230px)
1487290121900.jpg
471KB, 1844x1230px
>>39297760
>everything we do, say, or help has only 1 goal which is basically increasing the survivality of ourselves. we are slaves to our insticts.
Unless you think your life would be more meaningful as a corpse that is not a very good argument for nihilism not to mention that it is an overly simplistic representation of human behavior.
>even if ur free from them, ur still enslaved by the big corp around the world, forcing you to work or die on the street.
No one is forcing you to work for big corps if you are willing to live a life without some of the comforts that the modern world than you can do so and if not than no one is obliged to provide you with them.
>theres nothing to strive for. nothing to live for.
The porpoise you seek can not come from the outside, but it can be found on the inside. It begins with the realization that no commodity or title or not even the recognition of your peers can give you the thing you seek only you are the source of your own SELF worth.
>>
>>39297760
More likely than not that god exists. Also likely that if he does it's impossible for a human mind to comprehend his. There's a very good chance that there is rhyme and reason to existence. If there is what makes you think you should be smart enough to see it? Faithless times we live in. Materialism is unhealthy.
>>
>>39297760
ITT: Rick and Morty fans
>>
>>39299853
I'm a HUGE fan of it, SVtFoE, Gravity Falls, and any other show that takes to the idea of "infinitely many dimensions to explore."
>>
>>39297830
>le reactionary aggression to le edgy stirnir/rick and morty is for normies

there is a (you) in every thread

you have to give it to nihilists though. unless you are an emotional nomrie who wants to bone everything
>>
>>39297760

Yes. Nothing matters, especially on a large scale.
People find ways to avoid nihilism, deny nihilism but it is the ultimate truth. There is no objective reason to life. You are a slave to social standards, your humanity, those above you...

The only way to live as I see it is to live a life of constant escapism and delusion. Kurt cobain knew what he was doing.
>>
>>39299917
>Yes. Nothing matters, especially on a large scale.
To the contrary, for example the lively hood of us humans depends on millions of microscopic micro organism that are not even visible with the naked eye. The atoms we are made off are even smaller than that and yet their composition determines the qualities of the objects they are made off. Yes we are small on the universal scale but for better or worse we have an effect on it.
>There is no objective reason to life
Other than the fact that you are already alive? There is still purpose in passing down your genetic code to the next generation as well as whatever meaning you chose to impose on your life beyond that.
>>
>>39297760
Your too late. The rick and morty nothing matters philosophy is a a joke everywhere online now. Watch Jordan Peterson. Even a pseud like him can break it down.
>>
>>39300217

Our effect on the universe is very, very minimal (at best). Even if it wasn't, it doesn't matter.

Being alive isn't the objective, it's the result of something you didn't choose. Passing your genetic code isn't an objective, it's a human habit you can refuse. Whatever meaning you choose to impose? This is subjective. Note that I said "no objective reason". There can be subjective reasons you choose for yourself, but no objective one that is true for all.
>>
>>39297760
Nihilism is no truth, it's less than the absence of truth.
It's the explcit denial of truth. So I wonder what that is worth. Why bother being a nihilist at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 540x960px)
image.jpg
29KB, 540x960px
>>39300983
Good post, very honourable
>>
>>39297760

Passive Nihilism (what all you angsty faggots like to spout on about nowadays) is the lazy, unintelligent mans attempt to appear intellectual.

Coming to experience Nihilism is a good thing. But staying stuck in it (as opposed to overcoming it) only shows how fucking dumb you are
>>
>>39299917
>There is no objective reason to life.

Which is why it's liberating to understand Nihilism. You accept there is no meaning. So you are free to create meaning.

You already have a meaning you're living for everyday. It's what gets you up. It's what's making you post here. You're just refusing to discover it by hiding behind your passive nihilism. Lazy
>>
>>39299808
>self determination is Egoism
who ever made that pic should be shot
>>
>>39301134

You are correct, but I do have a subjective meaning to life that I discovered.
I said there is no objective reason to life, and that is true. You either create meaning or die.
>>
>>39297760
>Is Nihilism the ultimate form of truth?
no
>everything we do, say, or help has only 1 goal which is basically increasing the survivality of ourselves. we are slaves to our insticts.
what sense does shitposting make from an evolutionary perspective?
>tell me how did we allow this to happen
nigger at no time has your prospects of being a leech off of everybody else been as great as now
>>
NO
anime and magna is the ulitimative terut to the answer
>>
>>39297760
Just accept the fact that if something matters to you or others it's the most important thing in a meaningless universe.
>>
There is no reason to do anything. There is no reason to live, yet no reason to kill myself either. I continue living because it simply happens. At the end of the day I lay down in bed and if I wake up in the morning that was pure gambling.

Despite how all simply that sounds, I have my ups and downs. Deep inside I want to die, but what keeps me going is that when it comes to everything, I'm so utterly insignifiant that I may just continue living until time's up.

I made peace with death also. If it ever comes to my face, I won't fight it. I'll let it get me or pass by and meet another time.
>>
>>39297801
That's fucking stupid. So if you're infertile, your life has no point? People who have kids and pretend that that's their "purpose" are just ignoring the question of the meaning of life and passing it on to the next generation to figure it out. I swear this board is full of fucking brainlets, desu.
>>
>>39302048
Honestly you're not that far off. Existence is about experiences, stories, and happenings of all kinds. THAT'S the point.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.