[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DUDE TRAVELLING XDXD I don't get this meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

>DUDE TRAVELLING XDXD
I don't get this meme
>>
>>39292921
What's wrong with traveling?

oreganolio
>>
>>39292921
It's fun. Whats not to get?
>>
File: frie boi.png (300KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
frie boi.png
300KB, 500x376px
some people are comforted by sameness/stagnation/peace

some people are comforted by change/chaos/peace
>>
File: jgjHPXK.png (460KB, 979x735px) Image search: [Google]
jgjHPXK.png
460KB, 979x735px
>>39292921
It's only a good option if your lifestyle and personal interests are up for it.

If you're single, nobody depends on you, make a decent amount of money, and aren't afraid of driving, by all means it would be a cozy lifestyle.
>>
>>39292921
Normies/women seem to think the idea of moving from one place to another is inherently interesting.

>Dude, I was in one city, but now I'm in another! So glad I spent thousands of dollars on this vacation!
>>
>>39292921
some people really like traveling.
some people don't.
you don't.
who gives a shit?
>>
Only normies want to travel this shit planet.
>>
File: Where I wanna go.png (36KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
Where I wanna go.png
36KB, 1425x625px
I'd unironically love to travel. id try and do it as cheaply as possible and go to these countries.
>>
File: egypt.png (138KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
egypt.png
138KB, 500x526px
Don't you want to be depressed in Egypt?
>>
>>39292954
It's not fun.
>spend hours of time and hundreds of dollars driving/flying
>end up in an unfamiliar place where you'll only be for a few days so no time to acclimate to it
>comfortable surroundings (house, yard, etc.) replaced by hotels, roads, and strangers
>constantly have to do things to justify the expense, no time to relax and do nothing
>anything you do is temporary, since you'll be uprooted in a few days when you have to leave
>any projects you were working on at home get put on hold until the trip is over, so they're constantly on your mind
Travel is hell.
>>
>>39293204
Travel is better when you spend at least a few weeks. Personally I prefer to max out my tourist visas though which is usually ~3 months.
>>
>>39292921
just another normie meme like b urself and get a haircut
Chad is naturally sociable and is able to find company everywhere
>>
I traveled to Cali this year for a conference. Gave no fucks about "the sights" I travel to go to an event, not just to visit some place.
>>
>>39292921
If you do travel in my mind you've got to make it some quality time and rush from one place to the other because of "culture LOL"

I was never much in the mood for what normies call enrichment, but I do recall some great travel stories from the net by people who really made it count. there was this one guy on wizchan who went to japan for 3+ months and travelled entirely by bike, living from his hand in his mouth. made a whole map of his route and what he did to survive at each place. that's the kind of thing I think appealing. so it's really the little things that matter when traveling, and a plan of action involving those.

but most normie bitches clearly do it for show, they only go "sightseeing" at the most (= rush from one dumb monument you know nothing about to another), go travelling EVERY FUCKING TIME THEY HAVE MAJOR OFFTIME, and when they tell of their plans for that offtime they say generic shit like "lel 2 weeks scotland, one week ireland" and pretend like that conveyed much information about their supposedly grandiose lifestyle. If someone doesn't say what they plan to do when there you can basically write the whole voyage off for not being a voyage.
>>
>>39293359
What sights in California? You mean the smog, fags, mexicans, and corporate infrastructure designed to milk cash from tourists?
>>
File: IMG_1618.png (124KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1618.png
124KB, 358x272px
>>39292921
Normie Travel =/= Real Travel
Normies delude themself into thinking that you must spend tons o' money to travel, when in reality you don't need that much. If you are willing to sacrifice comfort, and possibly some degree of safety, you can travel almost anywhere for cheap. Typically, you need to have patience though which is probably why normies can't do it (along with the loss of comfort and safety).
Not only that, but by shelling out money to "enhance" your traveling experience, you actually block out the best parts of traveling. Staying in an all-inclusive resort or remaining tethered to a hotel for the majority of your trip bars you from experiencing everything that the area has to offer. You don't get to interact with the locals, you don't get to move about the streets constantly, you don't get a feel for the area, etc.
TL;DR: Travel is good, but not in the way that normies do it.
>>
File: 1497246634281.gif (2MB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
1497246634281.gif
2MB, 340x191px
Worst part is people look down at you if you don't like travelling. Like sorry if I don't give 2 fucking shits about going to Italy.
>>
>>39292921
I travel, I stay at cheap nun convent's and I do t see sights, I drink k at local bars and eat the local cuisine.
>>
>>39293359
>travels to California
That really isn't saying much at all
>>
I don't have a problem with people who like to travel. What I do have a problem with is obnoxious faggots who think they magically get wisdom or cultured by traveling alone, like my own mother. Bitch's a monolingual ignoramus and yet she turns her nose up on anyone who doesn't think traveling is the hottest shit in the world and thinks she's smarter and more sophisticated than anyone else because she happens to travel once in a while.
>>
>>39293204
t.actual autist who can't stand any deviation from his autismo routine
>>
>>39293564
redwood forests, big sur coastline, eat fish&chips on the santa cruz boardwalk, granite peaks and waterfalls in kings canyon NP.

California is amazingly scenic. You're probably from Nebraska.
>>
>>39294122
All of this is norcal and he probably went to Lost Angeles
>>
>>39294122
My state borders California, so I've been there a few times. Absolute shit hole unless you're rich.
>>
>live east of the Mississippi
>travel all around east of the missippi
its all the same and gets boring, would like to actually visit different continents for a change.
>>
>>39294157
east of the mississippi is shit. I've never been, but outer banks, NC seems like a decent destination.

The west is so much better. The natural beauty of the west is one of the only things I miss about the U.S.
>>
>>39294149
Oregonian detected.

You can have an amazing time in California on a budget. Road trip+camping+cooler and cooking utensils so you can make your own food.
>>
>>39294283
You can do that shit anywhere. Absolutely nothing special about California, at least in a positive sense.
>>
>>39294302
You dumb faggot. "anywhere" has the pacific ocean, 14,000 mountains, deserts, and forests?
>>
As long as people stay in their own country travelling there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>39294342
Are you going to be doing all that shit in one trip? Doubtful. Anywhere can have one or more of those. Not to mention the fact that none of that shit is what the average person is traveling to California for.
>>
>>39294157
West Coast is actually the best coast famalamadingdong
>>
ITT: autistic basement-dwelling NEETs who don't understand how someone could leave their home. The world outside is so scary!
>>
>>39294342
Yep, Washington and Oregon
>>
>>39294063
> shit talking autists
> here
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39293145
Japan the only one not overrun with muslims.
Good job hope you enjoy the ass rape.
>>
>>39293564
As a Californian I agree, California is too young to have amassed a unique culture or interesting locations or architecture.

The most worthwhile things to see are probably natural habitats like the redwoods
>>
>all these bitter retards spouting sour-grape memes and "normie this normie that"
Just kill yourselves, retards.

No one travels for the literal traveling itself. You do it for the great things it has to offer. When you have someone to enjoy new things, see new aesthethically pleasing places, try new food, experience a change of scenery, it's the best thing ever.
Of course there are idiots who do it only so they can post a picture on social media to brag, but you're even worse than those idiots because you can't see through it and are bitterly jealous with your already mentioned sour-grape behaviour.
>>
>>39293145
>Argentina
Literally why?
>>
>>39295297

Not him, but it's like a weirdo Spain. Why not? I saw a picture of Buenos Aires and it looked like Madrid for poor people. Sounds nice, as long as you can afford it and have someone to share it with.
>>
>>39292921
TRAVELING SUCKS

I think being a traveler was cool up until fairly recently though. I would be impressed by someone who traveled the world if I was alive a longer time ago.

Now traveling is ez. It takes no skill, it just costs money and is a hassle. The part of the journey that matters is how you grow in your mind, and traveling now can't do that as much for you as it once did. Hopping on a plane and being somewhere in 5 hours isn't that epic. Any bum/loser can do that.

Might honestly not be a bad idea. Maybe someone here who has rich parents could go to those places, take a ton of pics of the sights and put on tinder and maybe get a date out of it.

Traveling sucks for everything else these days and is mainly virtue signaling.
>>
>>39295231
There are people on this board who actually think I'd be jealous of someone else traveling.

I live in Australia, I live in the most livable city in the world, I have over $50,000 in savings, and my own apartment paid off, no mortgage, no rent. I earn a passive income so I don't work. I am not bound by any responsibilities here and I have plenty of money to do it, but why the fuck in hell would I want to go visit dirty disgusting shitty places in the world?

The world is a fucked up place and the vast majority of other places/people in the world are subhuman.
>>
>>39295411

Because you have no one to share the experience with.

>dirty disgusting shitty places in the world?
>he thinks his city is the only clean and attractive place in the world

It's amusing to see people who think they're so smart, yet they fail to realize how retarded they are. You are one of those people.
>>
>>39292921
Because you're poor
It's ok I'm poor too but when my grandma flies me out to visit her in Brazil my depression totally pauses until I get back
>>
File: 1503517614969.jpg (228KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1503517614969.jpg
228KB, 1200x900px
I think travelling was alot more exciting 50 - 100 years ago when cultures still wasnt watered down.

These days, 90% of your destinations are 1 world countries with the same cuisine, music and people as your own nation with watered down hints of a culture that once was. The rest is one big factory that makes shit for the first world where people shit in the streets and behead their wives for wearing the wrong colored shoes under their burka.

The fun is kinda gone when there's a McDonalds around the corner and the local stores all have cola and twix.

With the exception of a handfull of destinations if you're interested in architecture and history (which now are major tourist traps) the only valid reason to travel today is to see nature and get as far away from civilization as possible.

That or travel to some dirtpoor no name country, in which case, you will most likely end up robbed by the local mob after getting you drunk on local vodka and leave you in a ditch behind the bar.

And I hate airports. I wish travelling by boat was still a viable option of transportation.
>>
>>39295448

What a bunch of retarded generalisation and "born in the wrong generation" nonsense.

No one is forcing you to eat in the McDonalds in the country you go to.
Some people don't live in huge cities and can't eat food from all over the world in their city.
There is also a lot more wrong with your post, but there's no point addressing it.
>>
>>39294063
I'll concede to this, I actually agree with >>39294063
I went on holiday through Europe for 3 weeks, wasn't really relaxed until I got home 2bh.
I did have a good experience but for me staycation is best vacation
>>
Travelling is amazing
I travel across Europe by hitchiking and couchsurfing.
I always look for female hosts that are my age or younger
end up fucking about every 5th girl

I literally never had a sex with a girl from my country

oh yeah, and you also experience countries like locals by not doing boring tourist crap
>>
>>39295448
>see nature and get as far away from civilization as possible

agreed
>>
I enjoy traveling but I don't do it like a retarded fucking normie. I was an exchange student in japan and a korean linguist in the military. Right now I'm learning german and french so I can know what the fuck I'm doing in most of europe. I honestly don't get how my fellow murricans can go see the eiffel tower and be satisfied but maybe that's because I'm actually well traveled and not some meme traveler.
>>
>>39295775

That's sleazy. I feel a strange resentment towards you, but I don't know if it's jealousy or because it makes me realize some things about myself and hate myself.
>>
I went traveling last month for the first time with a group of 60 people who were all strangers to me, I went in with almost no expectations and what I got were the best 2 weeks of my life.

I think this is defently something I will do more often from now on.
>>
I wanted to travel, until I discovered that one part of the world is just as shit as another. Now I just want to travel to get away from the shitty human world and go into the wilderness.
>>
>>39295830
Its the easiest thing ever.
>you dont need a lot of money
>girls you meet think you're adventorous, fun and free
>you'll meet a lot of awesome guys that you'll share drink with, explore cultures
Do it man, make a couchsurfing profile right now!
Go outside of your shell and be a beautiful butterfly that you are anon
where are you from? do you live alone?
>>
>>39295775
>hosts
that's not how you spell prostitutes
>>
File: 1482322976076.jpg (331KB, 980x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1482322976076.jpg
331KB, 980x1300px
>did a 5 day bike tour from Yokohama to Kyoto with a friend that flew up here
>had a fucking blast becuase we kicked it and uban camped and struggled and had a lot of memorable events
>got to see a lot of beautiful scenery, met some interesting people and generally had a good time despite how tough the trip was on our bodies
>>
File: 1501958074614m.jpg (138KB, 776x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501958074614m.jpg
138KB, 776x1024px
I will never get this bullshit
>costs hundreds or thousands
>must take time off work
>only temporary
But but anon traveling is fun
Ya so is having mommy and daddy buy you shit
>work 50 to 60 hours a week at shit job
>have to pay bills
>can't afford to lose a week or even 2 weeks of pay
>haven't had vacation in 3 or 4 years
>fighting just to get back into community college
Not gonna lie I get semi jealous seeing these fucks I know travel all over
University
Spring break XD
>California
Summer
>all over the place in Europe
Winter
>new York city
All in the same fucking year. Christ who can afford 3 vacations in one year
And this is probably over two dozen people I know

Tfw I'm only 20 at that the "time to have fun".
Just spent 6 months homeless too
>>
>>39295877

That's the thing. I don't want to do it.
I am afraid of doing it. Not of the thing itself, but picturing being in a situation where I'd have to do it against my will, knowing that I hate it. I can't even explain it. I missed out on life and things like that. I have become a horrible person and it only reminds me of my failure.

There is something about those stories. About exchange students, people that stay in hostels, that live a life like that. It just reminds me of my own inadequacy and how I wasted it all. I don't want to do it now, I just want to curl up in my crevasse and die whenever I hear it.
>>
Traveling is not a meme. But because you are dumb enough to think it's a meme, of course you also don't have the necessary intelligence to understand why people do it.
>>
>>39295907
>not just driving there and sleeping/camping in your car
>>
File: 1503639098120.jpg (302KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503639098120.jpg
302KB, 640x640px
>>39295924
>can't afford losing a weeks worth of pay
Retard what is bills
>>
File: 1503612897236.jpg (32KB, 419x346px) Image search: [Google]
1503612897236.jpg
32KB, 419x346px
>>39295924
Also didn't realize gas and supplies were free retard
>wtf why not drive there?
>driving cross country costs probably 150-250 dollars in gas alone
>lose money doing it as not working
>Only have about 500 dollars left after all bills are paid
>but but anon you can spend that money on travel
>so what happens when a emergency or unexpected expense comes up like car issues?
>gee anon why can't you stop talking about bills
>IT'S called being a adult
>>
>>39295989
>working full time so you can afford a uselessly large house/apartment
>>
File: 1503544219807.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1503544219807.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>>39293549

I read one of this threads too. That looked like some comfy homeless living.
>>
>>39296044
>I live at home with parents for free/recieve neetbucks/stipend and look at me, I can travel whenever wherever it's easy
>>
>>39295411
Fellow Melb brah checking in. Live a life you don't need to escape from
>>
>>39296157
Cry more wagie.
>>
>>39296157
Or have a nicely paid job and travel wherever the fuck you want without money worries.
>>
>>39296157
traveling to the city next to you doesnt count my friend.
>>
>>39293549
>>If someone doesn't say what they plan to do when there you can basically write the whole voyage off for not being a voyage.

Not knowing what you're gonna do is part of the adventure, dipshit. You make a vague plan to go see certain things and in between that, you go explore random shit around town.
>>
File: 1503187971139.png (70KB, 852x944px) Image search: [Google]
1503187971139.png
70KB, 852x944px
>cant even visit places without normies already being there posting their shit on Instagram
>>
>>39296847
Wut. It's easy as long as you avoid the most obvious tourist traps.
>>
>>39295489
>There is also a lot more wrong with your post, but there's no point addressing it.

nah, there's no point addressing it because you clearly don't get what >>39295448 means, having a McDonald's around every corner destroys the feeling of being lost in a alien world. Going to real China is much less interesting when you've already been "vaccinated" against it by China town. Exploring new cultures is more interesting the less you've experienced of the culture already, even being exposed the culture through mindless internet browsing can have this affect.
>>
>>39294157
Go West. It's fucking beautiful.
>>
>>39293145
>Germany
>Turkey
Literally the same country by now

>Mexico
Have fun being decapitated by Sancho&Cartel

>Argentina
Why?
>>
>>39297421
Basement-dwelling Burger detected.
>>
>>39295907
>only temporary
So is everything else
>>
The thing is you need to figure out where you want to go and what you want to see. When you blow money on flights, hotels, and just the logistics in general, it would have to be an experience that adds something to my life. I'm not too keen on big cities and foreign cultures and all that but I could see myself exploring a vastly different climate or landscape, maybe go diving, something like that. If I had the money I would take flying lessons.
>>
>>39297432
I am actually German and have traveled to almost all your places except for Japan and Turkey because of my normie parents.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.