[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fitness/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0702.jpg (81KB, 532x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0702.jpg
81KB, 532x678px
Any questions will be answered by OP and other fit Anons.

>a beginners guide to health and fitness
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>a calculator to see how many calories you need to diet
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

>apps to easily track your calories
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
http://loseit.com/

>what program/s should I use to start lifting weights?
http://routineexcellence.com/choosing-from-5-popular-beginner-lifting-programs/

>cool app to track your progress
https://symmetricstrength.com/

>how to squat, deadlift, and bench press

Squat: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0

Deadlift: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXDFLXL1uo

Bench Press: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kLPs9B3KpNA

We're all gonna make it brahs.
>>
These robots are fat, ugly, and unmotivated cucks. They don't even try, it's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>39290214
>that image
Why is the stance so narrow?
Why is he only lifting 255 with that much muscle mass?
Why is his neck in flexion when it should be neutral?
>>
How to boost testosterone
>>
How fat do I have to be to have flappy skin after I lose weight?
I want to know if I should even bother.
>>
File: caf.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
caf.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>tfw you are 2 months in and starting to hit the plateaus again

This is what killed my attempts the last 2-3 times.
Its so frustrating going to lift when your body refuses to make progress.
Fucking Dyel mode is the worst
>>
>>39291129
>eat red meat
>avoid plastics in any and all your foods
>do not microwave your food in plastics
>buy osmosis treated water and haul it in glass, tap water is filled with carcinogens and fluoride
>STOP MASTURBATING
>talk to people
>engage in high intensity low rep exercises
>act like an alpha

All of these have shown, yes psychological ones included, to increase testosterone.

Ironically, the chad meme is true in the fact that alpha males have a boost in testosterone.
>>
>2014
>chubbyfat
>hate it so change slowly
>2016
>cut/cardio/brosplit
>pretty ottermode
>injured
>2017
>kept eating at active maintenance amounts, back to chubbyfat because I was sedimentary

I reckon I'm like 190 22% right now (6'0)
Should I cut to 140 10-15% before going to the gym again?

Lost pretty much all my muscle I think, can't even do 30 pushups and I did crunches for the first time in ages 2 days ago only 50 but my abs are still incredibly sore
>>
How much do I need to go up in weight after each 5/3/1 cycle? I'm only adding 10lbs to be safe but might go up by 20 for squat and deadlift
>>
>>39290877
few robots are fat. lifting does next to nothing but boost your self-esteem maybe. more importantly though, lifting will fuck up your joints and tendons in the long-term, and that's assuming you don't fuck up your form and badly injure yourself in the mean time. that level of dedication is better spent towards simple exercises like calisthenics and swimming, which will also give you a great body after a while, and just doing something other than hurr lift heavy object and put it down again.
>>
What's good exercise for mental health? I'd like to be Chad but I'm more concerned about not being sent to a nuthouse.
>>
>>39291776
meaningful human interaction. that should be easy, right anon?
>>
>>39291475
As much as you no handle without injuring yourself.

20lbs is pushing it, I've injured my back trying to jump 35lbs on deadlift before.

Slow and steady wins the race, fast and wreckless ends up like Zyzz.

Good luck anon.
>>
File: 1501911286708s.jpg (4KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1501911286708s.jpg
4KB, 250x187px
>>39291892
>that should be easy, right anon?
y-y-you would think so
>>
>>39291147
Start now before it gets harder. Skin is elastic, just be patient
>>
>>39291230
That could be a sign for you to start upping your frequency. How often do you work out?
>>
>>39292705
At least 5 times a week.
I am confident i wont quit on this occasion. Learned some lessons from last time and focusing decently well on eating more.

Might just zone out, do the work and try not to give a fuck for a few weeks even if theres little progress.
The long term gains have to be there.
>>
>Trying to drop a bit more weight for social event on the weekend
>Resist all temptations of Fast food for fortnight
>Only eat planned meals
>Gain 2kg

This is bullshit. Got mad and went and ate McDonald's
>>
I do I get rid of Girly Hips
>>
>trying to bulk
>gain 20 pounds
>got pretty decent muscle gains, but now a beer gut

BULKING IS FUCKING HARD
>>
>>39292679
This is a meme, if it hangs, AT ALL, it's done you'll need surgery. You can lose weight, but you'll just have dehydrated fat cells under the skin still for ages. They might eventually go away, but the skin will NEVER go back to the elasticity of less than 10% of your max BF (30% BF, best you'll get is skin of ~20% BF etc)
>>
Can you advice me on how to gain weight, OP?

I've been a skelton since birth and I'm 27 now. I think it's about time to change. I know its kinda late, but still. Tia
>>
OK OP, you might help me

I'm 23, 120lb and 5'7''-5'8'' (or 60kg 1.75m for not plebs) and I can't gain a single pound/gram of muscle.

I'm one of those skinny guys that can eat a lot (including crap food) and won't gain weight, even in fat. At the same time I can't gain muscle.

I know I'm fucking it up but I don't know how or where to fix it.

I wanna be fit, but my body isn't cooperating that much. Wich is why I stopped going to the gym.
>>
Going to try and start lowering my calories now that I've started running more frequently. I'm trying to lose my gut, not really looking to gain muscle but still doing exercises daily for an hour or less. Any tips so I actually end up losing this fat and not just starve myself for no reason?
>>
>>39291748
t. know nothing retard
>>
Can I do biceps exerxises without any equipment whatsoever?
>>
>>39293263
>I'm 23, 120lb and 5'7''-5'8'' (or 60kg 1.75m for not plebs) and I can't gain a single pound/gram of muscle.
>I'm one of those skinny guys that can eat a lot (including crap food) and won't gain weight, even in fat. At the same time I can't gain muscle.
No you're not. You're not eating enough. Hit the weights and eat more with some protein shakes
>>
>>39293333
witnessed. Although he has a point at the same time only by paying life points can we achieve a desirable form most of the time.
>>
>>39293135
Build delts and lats to look wider up top.
or embrace it and be all lower body
>>
I finally got into average body fat % range. It's looking good. Is 3 months long enough to aim for 15% body fat? I have about 1400-1800 kcal a day, one day fast every 7-14 days. The odd indulgence like a cheat meal now and then, or a bar of chocolate. At 23% now. I've been bulky in the past, but never really focused on minimal body fat. Also, is it worth lifting on a calorie deficit? I injured my back slightly doing squats, so next week when I'm not short of sleep I'm going to adapt things and do more sitting down until my lower back has recovered, then back to SS.
>>
What burns more calories, moving heavier weight or doing high rep sets?
>>
>skinnyfat 140lbs
>only muscle I have is the bare minimum I need to move
>repetitive stress hurting wrists and elbows

I don't want to be beefy, I wanna be small, cute and thin. I get calories in/out and tracking them.
What I don't get is what exercises I should do, and a schedule for it.
>>
>>39293939
Exercise in reality burns few calories -- not an insignificant amount, but not much for it to affect your exercise approach. If you want to lose weight, focus your diet first.
That said, lifting heavy is what builds the muscle, and having more muscle will raise your bmr which will help you lose weight.
>>
>>39290214
How do I squat without overextending my knees? How far is too far?
>>
>>39294034
have you tried the trapmode guide?
>>
>>39294266
I have not. Please, continue
>>
>>39290214
You're doing god's work, anon. But most robot's will ignore it. They're too absorbed in self-pity to help themselves.

The mental health gains from lifting are reason enough to stick with it. The improved health, increased attractiveness, confidence boost, etc are just icing on the cake.
>>
File: e47axMx.jpg (550KB, 1432x2020px) Image search: [Google]
e47axMx.jpg
550KB, 1432x2020px
>>39294392
there are others, but this is the one I remember
>>
>>39294403
WHat are the mental health gains, please elaborate.
>>
Going for a PR on my deadlift tomorrow and I was wondering how I'm supposed to build up to it without getting tired? Only going for 1rep but if I feel like I can I might try to get 2 or 3 at most.
>>
>>39293382
Pull ups and chin ups
>>
>>39294784
read books nigga
happily not original
>>
File: 1500229352829.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
1500229352829.png
361KB, 858x725px
>Be skinnyfat
>Can't be arsed to start going to a gym
>Trying to get definition and look lean by doing bodyweight exercise at home
>manage to lost 6 pounds in the last month
>Somehow look worse, look like an even bigger skinnyfat guy with less definition, and way less toned.
What the fuck is this shit.
>>
>>39295071
What was your starting weight and what is your height
>>
>>39295113
I started at 171 pounds and I am 6'0
>>
>>39290214
>how to deadlift
>15 minute video
This is why I don't watch these kind of videos. They make it look way more complicated than it actually is.
Watch this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJbvWAh6ec&t=133s
>>
Are 3 body shapes (ecto, meso and endo) a meme or it holds some truth to it? How do i achieve bearmode as a 6'4 guy?
>>
>>39295036
why dont you get fucked you stupid asshole
>>
File: chico01.jpg (42KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
chico01.jpg
42KB, 640x960px
>>39290214
Why Iift when it's aIl about the face?
>>
File: 1493413728529.jpg (78KB, 427x574px) Image search: [Google]
1493413728529.jpg
78KB, 427x574px
>>39290214

I'm pretty old and I have artrithis, starting to get out of shape, can't run very far before it hurts too much, push ups make these really loud and creepy clicking noises in my arms. Wat do. Is swimming and calistethics (or whatever it's called) any good?
>>
>>39293541
No response to this then? That's cool.
>>
>>39296491

Just take a run around the block and you're set for life m8
>>
>>39295624
Lol no, it's not about the face
>>
>>39295959
Stick with swimming you are less prone to have an injury while if you do both you may run into an injury doing calistethics and lose all your progress.
>>
>>39290214
if your already in passable shape and have a gf how do you get motivated to go beyond and work harder to become more /fit/
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.