[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martin Shkreli

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: 2martin.jpg (30KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
2martin.jpg
30KB, 630x419px
I feel sorry for this guy.
>his price hike makes perfect sense when you understand how insurance and the pharma industry works
>fake news made him the "most hated man in America" for no good reason whatsoever
>not exactly abrasive, but crude personality didn't help
>arrested for unrelated reason for short time
>hilarious Twitter unfortunately deleted by triggered feminazis
>gave out free college lessons on YouTube
>streamed video games like a king
>supported Trump

Come on, guys. Let's make it up to him by making him president someday. He'll be older than 35 then, and there's no law forbidding a criminal to run.

SHKRELI 2024
>>
>>39290132
He owned an esports team called imagine iirc. But real talk, he's basically a jew stereotype and I hate pol as much as the next guy
>>
>>39290132
He hiked a drug that people needed 700%
He's a scumbag, why should I believe his buillshit about "it's only the insurance companies affected"
Save your sympathy for someone else,he's swimming in cash
>>
He's a rich Jew that planned to destroy 4chan. I hope he gets fucked even harder.
>>
>>39290187
*ahem*
https://www.quora.com/Is-Martin-Shkrelis-decision-to-raise-prices-justified-by-you

>rare disease leads to expensive medication
>when a med becomes unprofitable, no company will produce it anymore, leaving those with rare disease med-less
>Shkreli made it profitable again and used the extra money to improve the drug by removing side effects
>drug was given away free to those unable to pay
>>
>>39290216
>not siding with the person that wants to nuke this shithole
it's as if you don't want to improve
>>
You gotta pay me to shill.

Without it, he'll always be that guy who hiked up Epipen to $100000 usd
>>
>>39290429
Please see >>39290252
Besides, he's suffered the wrath of fake news just like Trump. Why can't he be President?
>>
>>39290475

Sounds like petulant manchild already.

Donald is the Golden one.
>>
>>39290187
He actually made a giveaway of the drug for free to anyone who needed it just to prove his point. Not many people applied.
>>
>>39290132
I'll defend what he did till my death, people ignore that the drug he was selling at the huge price hike was only useable by a small number of people so he had to increase the price to make a profit otherwise the drug would stop being sold and all the people who were using it would be fucked. The people using also weren't the ones who suffered from the price hike it was the insurance companies that took that loss.
>>
>>39290187

Uninformed retard spotted. Please never reproduce.
>>
Read this:
>https://democrats-oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/Memo%20on%20Turing%20Documents.pdf

It's a government document that details why Shkreli was under investigation and subsequently indicted. It also shows why the price hike was shitty and solely to raise profits to an astronomical level.

I agree, the media was a little harsh. Drugs are necessary though, pharma companies shouldn't be able to raise the price by 700% that's stupid. Also the "but insurance pays for it" excuse is bullshit, that money comes from somewhere and it negatively affects hospitals and insurance companies. Shkreli's argument that he raised prices to boost R&D is also bullshit, he just wanted more profits.
>>
>>39290152
hes not a jew hes an albanian
>>
File: 49er pepe6.png (421KB, 469x585px) Image search: [Google]
49er pepe6.png
421KB, 469x585px
>>39290526
he's dumb
>mark up the price 700%
>he didn't also sell the same drug under different name for 200% mark up price
>normies would have bought the 200% mark up to "fight the power"
>tfw they are contributing to the evil they hate by "combating it"
>>
>>39291330
>democrats-oversight
Okay then.

But that still doesn't explain how the drug could be sold without the price hike. If it's not profitable, it leaves the market and now those with the disease will have nothing.
>>
>>39290132
It made sense and that's not why he got in trouble. That thing he was forced into the congressional hearing about wasn't what he was in trouble for.

He broke some shitty white collar law, but he broke the law
>>
>>39291391
That's a really simplistic way of looking at pharmaceuticals. Daramprim is a niche drug, very few people need it as it is and it has been around for ages. With how long it had been around and how much it costs to produce I imagine it was fairly priced for both the consumer and the corporation before Turing's acquisition. When Turing bought the drug for cheap they (Shkreli) jacked the price up overnight simply to make more money because he could. It was an abuse of power on so many levels.

He basically admits it in this quote from the pdf that it seems like you refused to read.
>On May 27, 2015, Mr. Shkreli sent an email to the Chairman of the Board of Directors in response to news that Turing had made significant progress towards acquiring Daraprim. He wrote: "Very good. Nice work as usual. $1bn here we come."

Also, drugs are almost always profitable, otherwise they wouldn't be sold. They only leave the market if there isn't an use for them, and even then can still be purchased if a patient needs them.
>>
>>39290429

A White woman did that, you tard.
>>
>>39291670
Hmm... all right then. I'm no expert, so my opinion doesn't matter. The media attention was still overblown though.
>>
>>39291330
You can be prosecuted for NOT maximizing profits.
>>
>>39291890
Are you retarded? You can sell shit for as cheap as you want; it isn't a legal offense to not maximize profits.
>>
Shkreli are you here making threads about yourself again? Will you give me some money?
>>
>>39291330
Don't worry. Ameritards are so utterly cucked by shekelberg they'll defend him even if it (literally) kills them.
>>
i know people like to throw the shill word around here but does martin literally pay you faggots to suck his dick? i mean he certainly has the money and even the most pathetic virgin manchild has better things to do with their time.
>>
>>39292041
if you manage a publicly owned company couldn't it be argued that this would constitute fraud
>>
>>39291354
>hairy
>from the other side of the world

jew or some whateverthefuckistani
>>
>>39292149
>fraud: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

If you were to charge less for a product that would literally be the opposite of fraud you shit eating moron. Shkreli was fucking charged with fraud for "maximizing" profits.
>>
>>39292320
which is why I was not talking about Shkreli.

You manage a public company, the shareholders want you to maximize profits, since that is the main purpose for them holding shares, ownership issues aside. If you do not maximize profits you might be said to have ulterior motives and you could defraud your shareholders out of their shares by projecting a false image of the company.
>>
>>39292424
That's still not fraud, the board would just motion to remove you from CEO and hire someone else. To be charged with fraud you need to have some foundation to prove it. Being so retarded that you can't properly price a drug could cause supposition but won't get you prosecuted. To commit fraud means you have something to gain, what would have to gain if you ruined your own company.
>>
>>39292557
>what would have to gain if you ruined your own company.

How about buying up those shares on the cheap and becoming a major shareholder before racking up the price to realistic levels? Any action by a manager which is not immediately obvious could be said to have been done on the basis of insider information, in this case the fact that the drug in question is massively undervalued. If you as a manager abuse that information to act, you're violating your fiduciary duty to the public.

In practice this means that such companies are forced to not ever deviate from standard market principles for good or worse, including such things as making drugs cheaper on humanitarian grounds.
>>
>>39292749
I'm a little unclear on what you mean. If you are saying what I think you are saying then that is only fraud because someone is buying up the shares with the knowledge they will increase because they know that the CEO is doing it on purpose. That's insider trading.

If the only thing someone is doing is not maximizing profits they will be fired not prosecuted. Even if the motive for someone not maximizing profits was to commit fraud I doubt they would keep their job long enough to successfully carry out their weird plan.
>>
I actively work in finance and medicare and Shkreli is not some fucking hero trying to bring light to the corrupt system. That would be like saying stealing is trying to showcase how bad stealing is. His arguments for the price hike are equally as retarded and cover only the very surface level of defending his ass.

Let's look at his arguments

>The drug is old
There are a shit ton of drugs that are old and are still used today without any improvement to them. It doesn't matter if the drug's really old. What matters is efficacy. I mean vaccination is really old. As is the Thomas Splint. These save so many lives it's not even funny. Buying the rights to them and jacking up the price isn't a sensible plan to improve the drug.

>It doesn't work that well. It also kills humans
The mechanism of the drug is folate inhibition. It acts on dihydrofolate reductase as an inhibitor. The issue here is that dihydrofolate reductase is a common enzyme across a variety of organisms including us and the protozoa that causes this. The solution is simple. Offer a folinic acid tablet alongside this. We can process it, the parasite cannot. It definitely DOES not kill humans.

>New Compounds being researched
It's been how long since Shkreli was hit in the media for this? Where is the research? I have yet to see any evidence for Martin doing such research particularly to improve on a drug that's already so impressive. If a drug's been used for 70 odd years, it's not because it's shit but because it's really effective.

>The drug is offered for cheaper to people who really need it
Then what the fuck is the point of the price hike? You don't offer Coke for 2 USD and then for fifty cents to people who are thirsty. Where are the people defending him after given the cheaper drugs?

Shkreli has been proven to be a man who will fraud you, he consistently shills bad stock on Reddit, and he's an idiot adored by edgelords who know nothing about finance.
>>
>>39292979
>Then what the fuck is the point of the price hike? You don't offer Coke for 2 USD and then for fifty cents to people who are thirsty. Where are the people defending him after given the cheaper drugs?
Do the math
600 people paying $750,0 a pill or $2000,00 paying $14,00.
You can even use the calculator on your computer to make it simpler.
>>
>>39293075
2000 people**
?*

it is original
>>
>>39293075
>>39293092
lmao did you even do your own math. You're an absolute imbecile but you made me chuckle so have a (you)
>>
>>39293143
Look, if you plug the numbers into your calculator you are gonna see what a retard you are. Just give it a shot.
>>
>>39293075
yes because there is a direct increase in demand for people WHO ARE DYING FROM A VERY RARE DISEASE
>>
>>39290132
Hello Martin. Testing the waters are we? Smart move. I say go for it.
>>
>>39293226
Kek, forget what i said about using the calculator, go do an IQ test and then apply for disability.
>>
>>39293260
you are fucking retarded and not only do not understand finance, you do not understand basic human behavior
>>
That extra money he made sure did help him go to jail and lose 80% of his net value :^)
>>
>>39293292
Go do what i said, you are not fit to enter ANY discussion whatsoever.
>>
>>39293075
ur math doesnt even check out my dude
>>
>>39293075
>that math
lmao holy shit these are the people defending shkreli
>>
>>39293386
x = 20080*14 = 28000
y 600*750 = 450000
450000 > 28000
y > x

Don't do anymore thinking.
>>
>>39293471
x = 2000*14 = 28000
y = 600*750 = 450000
450000 > 28000
y > x

Don't do anymore thinking.

Given the prior replies i felt it was necessary to correct the typos.
>>
>>39290152
pol likes him though and there isn't a bit of Jew in his bloodline. honestly he's pretty well-liked on 4chan in general

So I guess the dumb underage redditors who have made r9k garbage in the past year are now revealing themselves
>>
>>39293505
he's well-liked on 4chan because a majority of 4chan is underage and without a job
>>
>>39293536
Actually most of the people I run into on discord who like Shkreli are the ones who have jobs. The ones who don't like him are /mu/-browsing 16 year-old pretend-communists.
>>
>>39293471
>>39293497
Do you even understand how drug pricing and distribution works? It's not the people who buy them, it's the insurance. If the insurance finds that the price is too high they just cut the individual. The individual then needs to purchase that drug by themselves and its one they need to ingest consistently.

Its clearly not something that worked, its literally a failed plan. We live in the future, past that moment. You can straight up google it. You are just someone trying to justify a horrible decision right now.
>>
>>39293571
They even halved the price to 350 because Turing was going down lmao
>>
>>39290132
you are sympathizing with him? He is an asshole who ripped people off because he could. is this your hero? a cruel, heartless man who views the weak as resources to squeeze and discard?

this guy is the worst humanity has to offer. all his charm and good looks and wealth and intelligence are fucking wasted on him. he is a cartoon villain, and the fact that he has so much going for him makes it so much worse. this isn't some stupid hoodrat who grew up eating lead paint and listening to gangsta rap all his life. Those niggers /pol/ loves to shit on never had a chance in life. This shitbag had every chance, and he decided to do the exact same thing as that inner city nigger: rob people.
>>
>>39292979
>>39293075
You didn't even answer his question. He was saying that Shkreli was stating that he was giving drugs for cheap to people who really needed them. This was a drug for AIDS, everyone who wanted it needs it. Therefore, he was apparently giving it out for cheap all the time and that's clearly not the case.
>>
>>39293571
>If the insurance finds that the price is too high they just cut the individual.
I don't live in the US.
In my country they can't do that before the contract expires.
if you can provide a source to what you are saying we can put this discussion to rest.
Since you claim to be an expert i would like your opinion on what should be the ceiling on drug pricing and what the operating margin will be on that ceiling, because there are tons of other drugs out there way more expensive, and appearently this companies are commiting genocide accoding to you.
>>
>>39293652
Go read more about this if you wanna have an opinion.
That actually goes for everything.
>>
>>39292557
HOLY FUCK.
Actually just google this retard. Your wrong, even if the law is fucked up your wrong.
>>
>>39293559
People who like Shkreli are edgy teenagers who like him for his le ebin Thot patrol memes, don't deny it
>>
>>39290187
>i believe everything i hear on tv
top kek
>>
>>39290187
summerfags are cancer

reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>39293623
he has developed life saving drugs what have you done other than post your butthurt on 4chan?

this guy probably donated more money to charity than you've made in your life
>>
Shkreli's probably had the money to fuck some 10/10 specially bred for sex whores
>>
it wasn't even a particularly useful drug
>>
>>39294003
Nah the edgiest teenagers are the ones who can't have a laugh, like you.
>>
>>39291064
No people suffered from the hike, he gave it away for free
>>
>>39294501
wrong you sound like a /b/tard
>>
File: confusedanon.png (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
confusedanon.png
7KB, 251x201px
>>39290187
>He hiked a drug that people needed 700%
wait... but whats wrong with that?
>>
I don't mind him, though I think he is a Jew.
>>
>>39290132
sorry but my vote goes to ben shapiro
>>
File: 84FjOVY.png (629KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
84FjOVY.png
629KB, 1000x1000px
I want to fuck his brains out.
>>
This fucker has been the one celebrity I actually care about and admire. Do you think he'd sleep with a fat chick? Jesus, I just want to sit on his face forever.
>>
If I acted like an uptight confrontational feminist do you think he would flirt with me for meme purposes? But then instead of getting insulted like that one twitter ho I'd just start making out with him. His personality makes my vagina melt.
>>
I want to feast on Martin Shkreli's bunghole like a delicious plate of chicken chow mein.
>>
Is it legal to send prisoners used panties in the mail
>>
I want to shower with him and drink the water as it rolls down his hairy penis.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.