[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting tired of guys who call themselves Anime nerds trying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 13

File: 1489533565771.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1489533565771.gif
152KB, 500x516px
Getting tired of guys who call themselves Anime nerds trying to befriend when they haven't even watched classics like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing, Kare Kano, Azumanga, Lupin The Third, Serial Experiments Lain, Ghost In The Shell, or Golden Boy. I don't expect Anime fans to be interested in all of them, but it's a huge red flag to not watch any of them. It's a huge red flag when an Anime fan isn't even knowledgeable of any current season Anime. I'm not intolerant of casuals, I just get tired of having to hide my power level around "anime fans" and having to deal with all the stigma of being knowledgeable about Anime.
>>
anyone who calls themselves an "anime nerd" is a fucking nu-male normalfag, a real anime man would be too embarrassed to tell anyone he likes anime.
>>
If you rounded up all the real anime fans in the West you might have enough people for a small convention. Maybe.
>>
>>39290027

Because we're being made aware of cute cosplayers.

So I tell my friends who watch zero anime and they tell their friends.
>>
>>39290065
How does being embarrassed about your hobby mean you're a real fan? That's the opposite of being a real fan. In fact one of the problems with the anime community is the way people are so embarrassed to be there.
>>
File: 1501454058214.gif (455KB, 477x440px) Image search: [Google]
1501454058214.gif
455KB, 477x440px
>>39290027
I've seen all of those except lupin (on backlog) and kare kano (didn't seem like my kind of show). Let's be friends OP
>>
Getting real sick of my normie friends wanting to tag along with me at Anime conventions and generally being uninterested in anything once they go to the convention. Getting real sick of acting like they're going to be the only attractive people there or that they're going to be the only non-virgins. It's really sickening how much they look down on all the other con goers and how they treat "cosplay sluts"
>>
I went to otakon with two friends that have basically never watched an anime in their life.

We were all blown away by the cuteness. One of them wanted to just randomly walk up to girls and interview them and let them talk.

I recommended he should at least watch anime before attempting such.

I don't watch anime. I've only seen genshiken, basilisk, high school of the dead 1st season. And then Samurai champloo, bebpop, elfen leid but these were watched with an old friend.

I don't remember anything except basilisk had cool super powers.

Genshiken was comfy. Oh I watched welcome to the NHK of course, lots of feels from that.
>>
File: IMG_2167.png (229KB, 734x1110px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2167.png
229KB, 734x1110px
>you're only a "real" anime fan if you've watched this arbitrary list of shows that I personally enjoy

rely makes u think
>>
File: ???.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
???.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>39290027
but current anime sucks anon why would I WANT to support that?
>>
>>39290122

My friend attempted to talk to one cosplayer and got shot down.

We didn't heckle anyone, we just walked around and went to the rave on Saturday, and the game room before that.

We only went to otakon for one day, on Saturday around night time.

We were in DC and went to a Brazilian steak house and went to otakon after, because I was reminding for months about it.

Yeah we were stunned at the cuties.
>>
>>39290100

You should be embarrassed to be an anime fan.

If you weren't severely autistic and therefore the target audience for the writers of anime, you'd know it's complete and utter garbage. Before you decide to reply, be aware I've watched the so called classics / essentials, and if they're honestly the peak of the genre, you deserve all the mockery and shame you get.
>>
I was larping in the otakon thread as Saint Chad, Gracious Tyrone and Chang Wukong.

lol. We didn't meet anyone but we had a good time anyway.
>>
File: whaaat3-onion-head-emoticon.gif (4KB, 50x50px) Image search: [Google]
whaaat3-onion-head-emoticon.gif
4KB, 50x50px
>>39290122
Well that's the way normies go about their shit.
They have no sense of personality, and they tag along with people in hopes of discovering something about theirselves that they never knew existed
And cons are fun by default, but, like, I'd never go to a stereotypical StarTrek convention.
'Cause I know I don't like StarTrek. I don't like anything space-related. So why would I barge in and take up space? Y'know?
>>
>>39290223
still better than hollywood t b h
>>
>>39290203
This is the sort of stuff that people who aren't anime fans like to say. Mostly because they heard it from others.

>>39290223
Anime has nothing to do with autism. Anime is not garbage. You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>39290109
Ok, I'll bite. What the fuck happened to Ilya's body in this gif?
>>
>>39290315

>implying inserting this non argument makes you not a cunt.

>>39290320

Anime is OBJECTIVELY written and produced to appeal to autistic people. Anime is the rotten garbage liquid that collects in the bottom of the bin. You're in denial and retarded.
>>
>>39290100
its pretty much the same as saying "im a virigin" and women want nothing to do with it.
>>
>>39290357

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8NydsXl32s
>>
>>39290412

>I'm completely BTFO - the post
>>
>>39290357
It is objectively a meme that anime is made for autists. And you fell for it like the genius you are.

>Anime is the rotten garbage liquid that collects in the bottom of the bin.
Guess what: this means, logically, that EVERYTHING is "rotten garbage liquid that collects in the bottom of the bin." So you have defeated your own argument.

>>39290368
And?
>>
File: kurosawa.jpg (318KB, 707x592px) Image search: [Google]
kurosawa.jpg
318KB, 707x592px
>>39290027
>says he's deep into anime
>furthest down the hole he went was normie shit which would soon get a Pedowood movie like Evangelion, Cowboy Bepop and Death Note
>doesn't even read manga
>only director he can name is Anno or Urobuchi
>has never seen MD Geist, VOTOMS, Getter Robo and Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>doesn't even watch toku like Ultraman, Kamen Rider or Super Sentai
>>
>>39290580
It's really easy to associate being a true fan with watching X and Y and knowing trivia Z, which just coincidentally happen to be things you've watched and things you know. Real anime knowledge isn't that simple.
>>
>>39290122
Any woman who pretends to be into anime should be hanged desu
>>
File: samurai.jpg (23KB, 290x324px) Image search: [Google]
samurai.jpg
23KB, 290x324px
>>39290633
Wouldn't say that I'm a true anime fan, since Ultraman, SS and Kamen Rider are live action shows.
I just have issues with people who act elitist yet only saw semi normie shows
>>
What about alien 9.
I like alien 9.
>>
DUDE LET ME GO TO AN ANIME CONVENTION WITH YOU SO I MAKE A VIDEO OF ME MAKING FUN OF THE PEOPLE THERE
>>
File: blood.jpg (43KB, 528x492px) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
43KB, 528x492px
>>39290320
Ya but you watch anime for the storylines, right?

Right, guys?
>>
>>39291319
Yes, I do. What about it?
>>
File: 1483052386841.jpg (149KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483052386841.jpg
149KB, 647x1000px
>>39290027
I've watched most of those. I liked Kare Kano the most because I'm a sucker for girly romance anime
>>
File: reitied.jpg (208KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
reitied.jpg
208KB, 900x675px
>>39290027
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Deathnote
Yu-Gi-Oh(Unfinished)
Pokemon(U)
Nadia Secret of Blue Water(U)
Gate
A certain magical index
A certain scientific railgun
elfen lied
your name
tales from earthsea
paterma inverted
steins gate
monster musume
konosuba
deathnote
aldnoah zero(U)
k-on
spiral:the bonds of reasoning
trigun
chrono crusade(U)
berserk
attack on titan
future diary
black lagoon
cat planet cuties
akiba strip
code grass
danganropa
count of monte cristo anime
erased
fate stay night
full metal alchemist
hellsing
hellsing ultimate
girls und panzer
golgo 13
gurrenn laggen
kill la kill
space patrol lululco
love chuunibyo and other delusions
mysterious girlfriend x
no game no life
now and then here and there(U)
one punch man
madoka magicka
spice and wolf
sword art online
anne of green gables
Speed Racer(U)
ghost stories
re:zero
the melancholy of haruhi suzuhaha
gunbuster(u)
izetta: the last witch
>>
File: 1502828160134.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1502828160134.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
>never watch new anime
>keep watching shit I saw as kid
>>
File: fear_&_loathing_pepe.jpg (10KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
fear_&_loathing_pepe.jpg
10KB, 274x274px
>>39291319
THE NEW ANIMES DON'T HAVE ICONIC LEGENDARY STORYLINES THEY'RE TRASH THEY'RE PLEASING THE MASSES ANIME ISN'T EDGY ANYMORE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WAKE UP FROM YOUR NIGHTMARE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39290027
I am an anime nerd. I've watched every DBZ episode, so fuck off!
>>
>>39290357
>Anime is OBJECTIVELY written and produced to appeal to autistic people
yeah man you know so much about anime, bet you think the same way about manga too.
>>
>>39290357
>Anime is OBJECTIVELY written and produced to appeal to autistic people.

Funny how you seem to think you gather any sort of legitimacy because you put objectively in caps. How about providing a source to this undeniable fact instead?
I've never seen anyone, anywhere in the industry making this claim. More likely than anything you ended up getting schooled by a weeaboo at some point and now you're bitter about it, so why no take your leave to some safezone like facebook or whatever.
>>
>>39290027
I tried watching Azumanga Daioh, but eventually didnt find it funny enough, so I went and watched Nichijou instead.
Am I worthy of you now or what.
>>
Tfw is labeled an anime faggot by normies, but is not labeled an anime nerd by anime elitist community
>i only watch moe
I don't give a single fuck about story and the only thing that matters to me that there is qt3.14 girls with optional character development.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.