[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here lacks empathy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: no_humanity.jpg (124KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
no_humanity.jpg
124KB, 633x758px
>anime character dies
>cry like a little bitch
>anon im so sorry, X just died
>feel nothing
Is there something wrong with me?
>>
File: 1502812888944.jpg (450KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502812888944.jpg
450KB, 900x1200px
>>39288175
No. Th is is perfectly normal. Real people are expendable and imperfect. 2D characters are made to be perfect and valuable
>>
>>39288175
Yes, you're selfish. You care about your sexy cartoon children because they could give you something.
>>
>>39288175
Nah, it's hard to feel emotion when consuming media, i think the brain pushes it off
you can try empathy meditation, thinking to yourself "i am sorry for your pain" and imagining someone suffering
>>
>>39288175
ive been rewatching naruto and got to the part where naruto lsarns of jiraiyas death and i cried like a baby. not because of him dying but because it reminded me of my really good friend who passed away a few months ago and i never cried when i first found out but it definitely it me hard now.
>>
>>39288260
I was actually trying to make up a sad anime story in my head today and i almost started crying.
>>
I've just accepted it as depression, I cried my ass off to initial d but won't even give a thought about real life
>>
Empathy is a meme, and I mean that in the literal definition of the word.

Look at children for example, you don't need to teach them to be cruel little tyrants because that comes naturally to humans, but you do have to try and pound the concept of empathy into them, and even then for some it just doesn't take hold.

If you didn't have people you cared about there to teach you, like good parents or peers at a young age it wouldn't be surprising if your empathetic ability was weak. Damage to the frontal lobe can impact the development of empathy as well, but that probably isn't the case here. I mean it is obviously existent to some extent since you can feel for something, even if that something isn't a person, so you aren't a sociopath.
>>
File: 1501019006028.jpg (61KB, 482x427px)
1501019006028.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
>tfw can no longer feel
>>
I'm the exact same way kek.
>listening to a song from a cartoon/anime
>cry because it's emotional
>emotional part in anime/cartoon even if it doesn't involve death like the part in spirited away where gehiro called haku a good friend
>cry
>hear about mass death irl or see it on a video
>could not give less of a fuck
>>
I have logical empathy but my emotional empathy seems to only work for embarrassment and shame
>>
>>39288175
Wrong, you feel empathy for the anime character.
Although it is a little bit of a sad situation, in that you don't anyone who has connected to you better than a fictional character.
>>
>>39288175
just be honest and ask yourself how important that X that died is to you
it's not about depression or any idiocy somebody said, you're not obliged to feel bad about people you fucktard
>>
>>39288175
2d is realer than 3d
>>
>>39288175
Same here, I simply feel nothing for the brain dead tax livestock around me.
>>
File: 1501106524-built.png (182KB, 710x1024px)
1501106524-built.png
182KB, 710x1024px
>>39288175
There is something wrong with all of us don't take it personally
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.