[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get call from Local Video store >Not very enthused employee

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_6570-DSC00945-1440859511.jpg (71KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6570-DSC00945-1440859511.jpg
71KB, 800x548px
>Get call from Local Video store
>Not very enthused employee says "Your account has been selected for a free rental, come in any time this week to get it"
>Know theyre getting desperate, not gonna make it much longer because streaming is killing them
>One of my favorite places from my childhood is going away soon
>All of my favorite childhood shopping destinations will probably soon follow because of Amazon

Make it stop.
>>
>>39283098
welcome to the modern world
they now have competition, and that competition is kicking their ass
can't beat chad amazon
>>
The crazy thing is that video stores were going downhill way back in 1994 when Clerks came out, over 20 years ago.
>>
>>39283124
The modern world is gay and not comfy
>>
>>39283170
The modern world is cheap and convenient. Much like your mum.
>>
>>39283196
My mom is both hard to reach and expensive
>>
>>39283098
>get used to thing
>thing occupies place in your spider web of personal experiences
>thing is slowly replaced by other thing
>cannot accept that the world is ever-changing and it is the natural order of things to be subsumed and annihilated when other things take their place
it's just a bunch of things anon, don't take it so seriously
>>
>>39283098
>local video store closed 6 years ago
>never got to grow up and watch all the movies in the section I wasn't allowed to go into
It's a nail salon/roastie hangout now
>>
>>39283144
Blockbuster in 2004 had like 84k employees and 9000 stores.

They went bankrupt less than a decade later.
>>
>>39283332
And interestingly, they could have bought Netflix easily in the early days but they didn't want to get into mail order stuff
>>
i haven't had a blockbuster or other video store since like 2006
>>
File: 1483830983934.jpg (54KB, 555x547px) Image search: [Google]
1483830983934.jpg
54KB, 555x547px
>>39283332
lol one of my early memories as a child was walking like 9km (almost 2 hours) through the city to get to a Blockbuster to play on their N64 because we had no consoles at home and the computer was password protected in a locked bedroom and my mom was always home. I was 7 at the time. The fucking faggot clerk recognized me somehow and called my mom, who picked me up. I was punished severely because apparently the city was dangerous and I could have been kidnapped. I only got to play for like 30 minutes, too. I had a plan to slap chewing gum in that faggot's long hair and run if I ever saw him again.
>>
>>39284307
He's kinda responsible for you
If he didn't call your mom he would get in trouble
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.