[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I no longer wish to be happy. Now I just wish to be content.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1118.jpg (323KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1118.jpg
323KB, 600x800px
I no longer wish to be happy. Now I just wish to be content.
>>
>>39279658
What's the difference? Aren't they the same?
>>
>>39279697
Contentness and happiness are neutral and positive respectively.
>>
>>39279658
strive for happiness so when you fail you will content
if you strive for being content when you fail you will be sad
>>
>>39279658
Happiness is an orientation, so it requires close bonds with people, and a degree of delusion
But most people are ultimately abusive and unaware, but they forgive each other and decend into mad denial.
Content, and being able to enjoy yourself, are both reasonable and practical zen state of minds.
>>
>>39280239
>strive for happiness so when you fail you will content
That's not how it works though.
>>
You are the universe, that's my input.
>>
I feel like even that is unobtainable for me right now.
>>
Anything that makes a difference is just a bonus.
>>
File: 1490446637124.png (693KB, 537x538px) Image search: [Google]
1490446637124.png
693KB, 537x538px
I no longer wish.
>>
>>39280239
if you set your goals too high and never accomplish them you'll be worse off than when you aim at the middle and at least get something done
sad truth
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.