[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can you go to practice being social? I thought I could

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1384748625752.jpg (78KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1384748625752.jpg
78KB, 720x576px
Where can you go to practice being social? I thought I could maybe go to some kind of cafe, but the people that work are usually pretty dismissive, like they serve you then they run away.
>>
Dammit anon, please don't tell me your plan was to go to a cafe and make conversation with the waitstaff. I have no idea what to do either but I know not to do that
>>
At a job.
>>
>>39279151

at a job is a really good idea. To get social for real you need people you see on a regualr basis
>>
>>39279150
Thats what they do on tv and movies.

One time I went to meet a friend at a bar, except I went an hour early like a retard and I ended up chatting with the bartender, so I wanted to recreate that.
>>
Find websites you can chat with people on. Once you're cool with that, have video chats with people. Once you sift through the million penises there to find the rare person willing to have a chat, you can practice.
No penalty for being awkward since you're anonymous, so you can try out whatever you want!
>>
>>39279184
>they do it on tv so they must do it irl
Kek, make sure this dumbass doesn't watch Game of Thrones or he might start lusting after his sister or some shit
>>
>>39279184
>on tv and movies
;)

small talk with strangers works when you're already comfortable and understand context/boundaries. even then, you're safe betting that everybody you meet under the age of 30 is too retarded/miserable to engage in small talk; they just want to do their job or get where they need to go. In the very best case scenario where you instantly connect on something, it will still be awkward as fuck and nothing like what you see on TV, it will basically be trading memes IRL.

you practice in a class, at work, or at social events. sign up for something you're interested in for the day, and go out to busy bars at night. at least everyone there will be primed to talk to you and either give you feedback or become friends over time. honestly you'll have to spend many months relearning what "social" means from watching it in real life rather than TV, but eventually you will know how to start a conversation and get better. don't do shit that doesn't work; making friends is literally as easy as making a few jokes and planning on hanging out.
>>
Try a card or comic book store. Usually nerds that go out in the open are not too bothered with having conversations with non normies.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.